Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again attendance or not doesn' t mean anything about the real relationships and dynamics inside the BRF.
Charles and William didn"t show up at Frederick's wedding, but we do know by Lady Frederick herself that they were in fact way more close than previously thought and incredibly supportive after her car accident.

Lord Frederick's wedding was a relatively "small" affair with not so much of a big royal turnout.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ederick-Windsor-marries-Sophie-Winkleman.html

I don't expect any sight of the Cambridges and the Sussexes for this "royal "wedding, which is not ...

Since Frederick & Sophie chose to marry in September it was never likely the Queen or Charles would attend as that is when they are in Scotland. And William and Harry were active duty military. I don’t think who attended that wedding is a good indicator for Gabriella’s.

The Queen may attend Gabriella’s wedding since it is at Windsor in May.

Last edited:
Since Frederick & Sophie chose to marry in September it was never likely the Queen or Charles would attend as that is when they are in Scotland. And William and Harry were active duty military.

Validating your previous point that the Kents are most probably making plans without the senior royals agenda in mind ...
But it's indeed at St George's chapel, so ...

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if William didn't attend, and attended the FA cup instead. It was one thing to miss his brother's wedding reception, but a distant cousin's wedding? We know he has missed his cousin's weddings before. He attended a friend's wedding instead of Peter's wedding back in the day.

Considering the wedding is at Windsor, I'd expect the royals who are able to (no conflicting schedule) to attend. I would be surprised if the queen didn't make it since it is at Windsor.

Freddie's wedding is no sign of what may or may not be. Freddie had a more private wedding, and a much smaller guest list. It was an intimate private wedding. We don't know if he invited any royals, to say they didn't attend.

I'd be surprised if there weren't a few Greek royals in attendance. King Constantine is her godfather. Her godparents include Constantine, Marina Oglivy and Prince Mariano Hugo, Prince of Windisch-Graetz. Mariano's wife is second cousins of the Kents (her maternal grandmother was Princess Elizabeth, the elder sister of Princess Marina).

If she has child wedding party I'd be shocked if Maude was not her Aunt's bridesmaid. Possibly Isabella but she is only 3. I know we have seen that age in royal weddings before, but depends on if the child can handle it. The Duchess of Wellington is also one of her godparents. Perhaps one of the Wellesley grandkids?

Well, I hope Ella doesn't even invite them.
They didn't think it necessary to invite her.

I didn't mean it would be a shame because they couldn't go to her wedding if the baby and wedding dates were too close I meant that it would have taken the spotlight from her on her big day. I totally agree that she shouldn't invite them. They found room for celebrities like Oprah and the Beckhams over her and other family members so why should she?

Last edited:
I didn't mean it would be a shame because they couldn't go to her wedding if the baby and wedding dates were too close I meant that it would have taken the spotlight from her on her big day. I totally agree that she shouldn't invite them. They found room for celebrities like Oprah and the Beckhams over her and other family members so why should she?

I don't think it's a zero sum game like "lets' invite the Beckhams and not cousin Ella".

Gabriella and Tom attended Pippa’s wedding as she was friends with Tom. So given Pippa and James are likely to be there I suspect William and Kate might.

Again attendance or not doesn' t mean anything about the real relationships and dynamics inside the BRF.
Charles and William didn"t show up at Frederick's wedding, but we do know by Lady Frederick herself that they were in fact way more close than previously thought and incredibly supportive after her car accident.

Also at the Weddings of the gloucester children not many members of the main line where present. The only Wedding of one of the Queen's cousin's children with a big number of Family members present (even the Queen and the Queen Mothter) was the one of Lady Helen who also married at St. Georgs Chapel.

I wouldn't be surprised if William didn't attend, and attended the FA cup instead. It was one thing to miss his brother's wedding reception, but a distant cousin's wedding?

The question is whioch the the wedding is and whioch the FA Cuop. If the wedding is in the morning it would perhaps allow him to attend the Ceremony and then go to the FA Cup if he wants to.

The Duke may be 'of the mind' [in common with MANY of his sex] that 'when you've seen one Wedding you've seen them ALL'?

Also at the Weddings of the gloucester children not many members of the main line where present. The only Wedding of one of the Queen's cousin's children with a big number of Family members present (even the Queen and the Queen Mothter) was the one of Lady Helen who also married at St. Georgs Chapel.

James Ogilvy also had a huge turnout of royals at his wedding but I agree that having it at St. George's will probably be a big factor in how many royals go. Firstly it's a big church so they don't need to restrict the guest list. Secondly, with it literally taking place in the Queen's backyard at a time when she is almost certain to be in residence it would be very strange if she didn't attend and her presence would most likely encourage other family members to take up their invites as well. Not that I think that others wouldn't go anyway but I think that where the Queen leads her family do tend to follow en masse.

Last edited:
Do people really think these things aren't carefully thought out and planned with all relevant diaries consulted?

Somehow, I don’t think William’s schedule was much of a factor in picking the wedding date.

true, if they are trying to find something that all the family can attned, its nearly impossible with so many people. He had to miss the FA cup last year, so he may wish to attend this year.

Likely the only royal schedules taken into consideration were those who Have to be at the wedding. Like her Uncle and Aunts. While she may like the others to come, and some like the queen's may be considered, I doubt they would have had too much weight. Harry had to take into account the schedule of the senior royals as they were expected to be there, and he would want his aunts and uncles there. Eugenie as well. Gabriella had more wiggle room.

The weather and countryside will be beautiful - lush and green .
It is a great time for a wedding.

There are many youngsters in the family who are of an age to be attendants:
Maud and perhaps Isabella, and Leopold and Louis Windsor.
Lyla Gilman, maybe her brother, Rufus, or their cousins, Senna and Tane Lewis or Cosima Windsor.
Teenage cousins, Eloise and Estella Taylor, James Viscunt Severn or Xan and Albert Windsor.
Not to mention great grandchildren of the Queen.
The choice of Windsor makes the shift to a reception at Frogmore effortless.

Last edited:
If they have an early wedding (eg noon), William could attend that & also the Cup Final. Kate could stay for the wedding breakfast & they could both join the evening reception. He could have done the same last year but as it was his brother's wedding, he probably preferred to be part of it all.

If they have an early wedding (eg noon), William could attend that & also the Cup Final. Kate could stay for the wedding breakfast & they could both join the evening reception. He could have done the same last year but as it was his brother's wedding, he probably preferred to be part of it all.

But it's not an evening reception.

The reception is in the afternoon, immediately following the ceremony.
There's no plans to serve a wedding breakfast, or even drinks and canapes, at Windsor Castle, as they did for the earlier weddings.

Are they having an evening party after the reception?

:previous:
I haven't heard any mention of an evening event.

I think it's just the afternoon reception, that's it.

Thanks - well the kick off is usually about 5pm so he might be able to do both if the wedding is at noon.

When I was a kid we had a usually quite stuffy vicar who lead a literal stampede of wedding guests to the pub next door to see the final 10 minutes during a World Cup tournament, people forgave them for that. I'm sure if William slips out before the reception it will be ok.

I'm sure there will be an evening party but where I don't know.

We know that there will not be a carriage drive like Princess Eugenie and Jack had.

Thanks - well the kick off is usually about 5pm so he might be able to do both if the wedding is at noon.

No details have been given other then a wedding and reception at Windsor/Frogmore. Nothing about what time the ceremony or reception are at. While a queen held breakfast wont be seen, we don't know about evening events. Its a private wedding so such details aren't really known.

I think it will be a lovely wedding. I am really looking forward to it and am hoping for some gorgeous photos pleased to see the date can't wait for her gown.

No details have been given other then a wedding and reception at Windsor/Frogmore. Nothing about what time the ceremony or reception are at. While a queen held breakfast wont be seen, we don't know about evening events. Its a private wedding so such details aren't really known.

True; I was going by the HELLO article, which said there'd be an afternoon reception at Frogmore House immediately following the church ceremony.

(I believe the ceremony is usually around eleven or twelve.)

Peter Phillips married later in the afternoon and went to Frogmore for the reception which was in the afternoon going into evening. If LG marries in the afternoon she might do the same. Her brother had his reception in the Great Hall at Hampton Court, champagne, canapes, cut the wedding cake etc, and had his wedding pictures taken in the state apartments there but there was a seperate evening reception at Lady Annabel Goldsmith's house which was nearby. If LG does have a seperate evening reception outwith FH I'm not sure where it would be held.

Thanks for the update!
I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella in an amazing dress and, hopefully, one of her mother's tiaras. One can be sure that the wedding in question will be solemn in a good way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom