Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that at least a few of the senior royals attend and don't snub Gabriella's wedding, like they did her brother's.

(I heard it was because they don't much like Princess Michael, and wanted to distance themselves from Freddy because of the press about his drug use.)

But Gabriella hasn't been involved in scandal (other then that very old article from her sleazy ex-boyfriend) and Tom Kingston is known to be discrete and very private.

I'm not sure how we are so certain the senior royals "snubbed" Freddie. Do we know if they were even invited? Are they even close to Freddie other than Eugenie? And I highly doubt they'd allow negative feelings towards Princess Michael, if any, to be handled like this. She is still invited to BP for Christmas lunch and Trooping every year. I doubt they have anything other than a cordial distant relative relationship.

I'm not sure how we are so certain the senior royals "snubbed" Freddie. Do we know if they were even invited? Are they even close to Freddie other than Eugenie? And I highly doubt they'd allow negative feelings towards Princess Michael, if any, to be handled like this. She is still invited to BP for Christmas lunch and Trooping every year. I doubt they have anything other than a cordial distant relative relationship.

https://www.express.co.uk/expressyourself/126048/Princess-pushy-and-her-son-s-not-very-royal-wedding

We do not know what led to virtually no attendance from the "core" BRF at Freddie 's wedding. It could be any or a combination of scheduling, "disapproval " in some form, lack of a close relationship, dislike of the groom's mother....
Freddie and Sophie also got married in mid-September - right in the middle of the Balmoral holidays and when the rest of the "working" family is also still off-duty. Add in the lower-key nature of the wedding and the possibility that the bride and groom didn't want the whole royal circus (i.e. the press pack) coming along and you get a few more possible reasons. We won't know. Ever.

Just because they are related doesn't mean they are close...many of us may have family situations like that. I haven't cousins I haven't seen since I was a kid....other family members just not close to. I would not expect invitations to their weddings etc.

Much was made about certain family members not being invited to Harry's wedding. I don't see it as a big deal. It's never been demonstrated they are close to all the other family.

LaRae

Most of us don't live on the same grounds as our second/third cousins either; somethin that at least part of the family does/did at Kensington Palace, including the prince Michael of Kent family and the Waleses.

I really hope that at least a few of the senior royals attend and don't snub Gabriella's wedding, like they did her brother's.
(I heard it was because they don't much like Princess Michael, and wanted to distance themselves from Freddy because of the press about his drug use.)
But Gabriella hasn't been involved in scandal (other then that very old article from her sleazy ex-boyfriend) and Tom Kingston is known to be discrete and very private.
Non-attendance by what is defined as senior royals is a natural development. One might assume that Mr Kingston cares about who will attend the wedding more than Lady Gabriella does.

Last edited:
Non-attendance by what is defined as senior royals is a natural development. One might assume that Mr Kingston cares about who will attend the wedding more than Lady Gabriella does.

How is it a natural development? Senior royals other than the Queen often attend weddings.

And why would Tom Kingston care more? Do you know something about him that I haven't heard?

How is it a natural development? Senior royals other than the Queen often attend weddings.

And why would Tom Kingston care more? Do you know something about him that I haven't heard?
Today senior royals consist of Prince Charles and his sons. Prince Charles and his sons do not have decent family relationships with Kents. Princess Anne and Prince Edward and Prince Andrew are not known for maintaining decent family relations with the Kents. It is also possible that my assumptions can be wrong.

I do not possess any specific knowledge about Mr Kingston. It is just my assumption.

I don't know why some senior members of the family weren't at Freddie's wedding but Sophie has said how many of them rallied around them when she had her awful accident, including phoning the hospital regularly asking for updates and sending the cook around (!) So they aren't the kind of 2nd cousins you are only vaguely aware of or ignore. Gabriella is said to be popular within the family as well.

Today senior royals consist of Prince Charles and his sons. Prince Charles and his sons do not have decent family relationships with Kents. Princess Anne and Prince Edward and Prince Andrew are not known for maintaining decent family relations with the Kents. It is also possible that my assumptions can be wrong.

I do not possess any specific knowledge about Mr Kingston. It is just my assumption.

What do you call decent family relationships? And what evidence is there that the queen's children don't have such a relationship with the Kents family (there are quite a lot of Kents anyway).

I don't know why some senior members of the family weren't at Freddie's wedding but Sophie has said how many of them rallied around them when she had her awful accident, including phoning the hospital regularly asking for updates and sending the cook around (!) So they aren't the kind of 2nd cousins you are only vaguely aware of or ignore. Gabriella is said to be popular within the family as well.

They might not have been there because Fred and his wife didn't want a big splashy wedding or because they had other engagements. but it is true that Sophie has indeed said that Charles and I think William ddi make an effort to be kind and helpful when she had her accident.. so I don't think that there is no relationship....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she said William called the hospital and said 'my cousin' is there in reference to Sophie and Charles was very direct in helping as well so there is a certain closeness between the various branches of the family. This was why I found it weird that there was no invite to Harry's wedding for these relatives but I think they will be at Eugenie's.

What do you call decent family relationships? And what evidence is there that the queen's children don't have such a relationship with the Kents family (there are quite a lot of Kents anyway).
It is highly likely (the favourite compelling evidence presented by PM May) that the Windsors and the Kents do not have decent family relationships. That is all.

It is highly likely (the favourite compelling evidence presented by PM May) that the Windsors and the Kents do not have decent family relationships. That is all.

I'm just thinking about my relationships with all of my family - immediate, cousins, second cousins, cousins removed - and I still can't work out what 'decent family relationships' are!!!

I was wondering if you believed Kingston wants a...how shall I put this?
A wife who moves in the right social circles?

Last edited:
I was wondering if you believed Kinston wants a...how shall I put this?
A wife who moves in the right social circles?
Yes, that is exactly what I think. Hopefully Mr Kingston will prove me wrong.

Last edited:

can you please quote what the Prime minister has said to give the impression that the queen's children don't have "decent family relationsihips" wit the Kents. For one thing the Kents are Windsors too and for another there are numbers of them.. Do you mean the Duke and DUchess? Or P and Princess Michael? Or say the Earl of St Andrews and his family?

Well, Harry didn't invite any Kents to his wedding (which I thought very odd), so that suggests they are not close.

Well, Harry didn't invite any Kents to his wedding (which I thought very odd), so that suggests they are not close.

But as I recall the cliam was that Charles and his silblings are the ones who didn't " have a proper family relationship" with the Kents. Harry was married in a relatively small church.. or he may not be that close to the Kent cousins who are nearest to him in age...

Harry was married in a relatively small church.. or he may not be that close to the Kent cousins who are nearest to him in age...

Probably the latter as he and Meghan didn't fill St. George's to capacity. They had extra room, but they just invited who they wanted to invite. No shame in that, their wedding, their choice.

Anyway, here's Tom and Gabriella at Annabel's Jungle Party. I think someone posted getty pics earlier, but with Tatler they give you more background info on the party. Going by their outfits I'd say they have fun together as a couple. :lol: Scroll to the bottom for their picture. https://www.tatler.com/gallery/annabels-jungle-party

Last edited:
They are a great looking couple! Thanks for the link to their pics.

Where will they have their wedding?
Her brother wed at Hampton Court, but perhaps Gabriella will marry at St. George's in Windsor? (Lots of royal weddings there lately!)

I was happy to see that Lady Gabriella has found someone special to settle down with, particularly after the earlier disappointing boyfriend relationship with the journalist guy who took advantage of his time with her to take notes and tell tales.

Three royal weddings at St George’s Chapel in the space of a year! Lady Gabriella Windsor, daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, will wed there in the spring, I’m told. Like Harry and Meghan, she will also hold a reception at Frogmore afterwards

Via Rebecca English Twitter

Reactions: eya
:previous:

That is an excellent choice of venue, but let's face it- it will invite comparisons.
Wonder if Freddie's daughters will be bridesmaids, or if Gabriella will have adult attendants?

(I'm betting she will have all children).

I was hoping for a little more variety in venue, kind of like how her brother chose Hampton Court. But St. George's is lovely.

I'm interested in the attendees, for Freddie's wedding only Eugenie attended from the Queen's branch of the family. I wonder if Gabriella will have a better royal turnout. The groom is close friends with Pippa so he may be friendly with Catherine as well, so maybe the Cambridges. I think we can rule out the Sussexes as the couple weren't invited to their wedding. Probably Eugenie, maybe Bea. If Bea brings Edo that will cause quite a stir...

I thought I read Lady Gabriella and William are close so I definitely can see the Cambridges attending. Lady Gabriella was invited to William’s wedding.

I thought I read Lady Gabriella and William are close so I definitely can see the Cambridges attending. Lady Gabriella was invited to William’s wedding.

Yes, and also William is friends with Thomas Kingston, so I expect they will be there.

I can definitely see the Queen and lots of royals going to this wedding. I'm not saying there wouldn't have been royals at her wedding anyway but because of the venue and the time of year it's being held I can see the Queen attending. The court moves to Windsor for April/May and the Queen spends her weekends there even when based in London and I can't see the wedding of a family member taking place in the chapel and the Queen sitting up in the castle. Freddie's wedding was different as it was at peak holiday/Balmoral time so the Queen and a lot of other family members simply wern't 't around.

I wish they would have picked somewhere else, it’s interesting that we’ve had Henry (6th), Eugenie (9th) and now Gabriella (51st) all at the same venue. Maybe it’s just me that thinks some venues should be for those higher up, and smaller palaces should be for those further down the succession. I’m sure this is going to go to a magazine as well.

the Diva will not be the bride but her mother Princess Michael with great necklaces etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom