Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the second son of the heir apparent didn't get married at Westminster Abbey I really doubt that the 50th in the line of succession will be allowed to marry there.

She is more likely to have a wedding along the lines of her brother's at Hampton Court or cousins at St George's/KP although one of her cousins married at the Vatican and another in a registry office in Scotland.

Well, she could always get married at the Church of St Margaret, Westminster Abbey. Close enough.;)

But seriously, the current Earl Snowdon married there, so it's a viable option.

Or since KP is her childhood home, maybe she'll use the Orangery instead.

She has no real obligations for her choice, and I doubt the senior royals will attend so she won't have to factor in security. Really her choice could be almost anything, even a registry office like you mentioned. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
:previous:
Not a registry office!:sad:
Maybe Hampton Court, like her brother?
How many does that chapel hold? It is really pretty.

And, she and her fiancé do move in society a lot, and know almost everyone, so their wedding could be huge, if they liked.

Finally, had been wondring for a while when they would take this step. The bride will be either just 38 or almost 38 and the groom 40, almost 41 at their wedding day.

Could they marry on Easter Sunday or Monday?

I would be surprised to see a Church marry them on Easter Sunday.

LaRae

:previous: I was wondering the same thing. It would be good to have a thread for her engagement or the wedding in general so that we could discuss suggestions etc.

I agree with those who said it's doubtful that the couple will be married at Easter due to services and events within the church. Furthermore Easter is obviously a very holy day in the Christian calendar so as Pranter said the church probably wouldn't allow them to marry then. A nice thought though and I guess they could always marry at a country house or other venue if they did want to get married over Easter.
The chapel the BRF use for christenings at St. James's would be a lovely place for a smaller wedding IMO (although since it's where most christenings take place they probably won't marry there). I can imagine their venue will be similar to Lord and Lady Frederick's.

Easter Sunday is rather late this year, so Saturday April 27 seems the earliest likely day (not that I have an issue with Lent weddings (got married myself during Lent), I do think the queen would appreciate her family members waiting until after Easter) - if not a Saturday in May.

Easter Sunday is rather late this year, so Saturday April 27 seems the earliest likely day (not that I have an issue with Lent weddings (got married myself during Lent), I do think the queen would appreciate her family members waiting until after Easter) - if not a Saturday in May.

Also, the weather will probably be better in May.

It's been said the senior royals probably won't attend, but I do think the Cambridges may.

(I wouldn't even invite the Sussexes, after they excluded Harry's cousins from their own wedding. But perhaps Gabriella has a forgiving nature?)

Also, the weather will probably be better in May.

It's been said the senior royals probably won't attend, but I do think the Cambridges may.

(I wouldn't even invite the Sussexes, after they excluded Harry's cousins from their own wedding. But perhaps Gabriella has a forgiving nature?)

I would expect all the Kents to attend. Any Mountbatten-Windsors will depend on their personal relationship with the couple. The fsct that prince and princess Michael of Kent live in Kensington Palace might mean that some of their royal neighbours will attend.

Is it known who Gabriella’s godparents are? I can’t remember.

I feel certain her nieces will be bridesmaids if she decides to have children as attendants. Maud will be 6 and Isabella 3 next year, so they’d both be old enough.

I think it's very likely that either one or both of Maud and Isabella will be bridesmaids if Gabriella chooses to have a young bridal party. I've also read that she and her brother Freddie are friends with the Cambridges, so perhaps either one of George or Charlotte will also be in the bridal party though I think we're more likely to see them at Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

I think it's very likely that either one or both of Maud and Isabella will be bridesmaids if Gabriella chooses to have a young bridal party. I've also read that she and her brother Freddie are friends with the Cambridges, so perhaps either one of George or Charlotte will also be in the bridal party though I think we're more likely to see them at Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

George and Maud go to school together; they'd look very cute at the wedding!
But perhaps she won't have children at all.

She's not wearing an engagement ring, how strange.

I wish people wouldn't pose with dead animals, especially magnificent creatures like lions. It makes me feel quite ill.

Have we seen an engagement ring at all until now???

We couldn't see her left hand on the engagement photos. She most likely would have shown the ring had she been wearing one. These seem to be the first pictures after the engagement announcement.

Perhaps they both feel a ring isn't what they want. They may have something else more personal to them to denote an engagement.

But if Tom proposed in August, they've had two months to select the ring.
So it is odd that they haven't.

Perhaps. She may have chosen not to wear it that evening or if it's bespoke one it could take a bit of time.

I really hope that at least a few of the senior royals attend and don't snub Gabriella's wedding, like they did her brother's.

(I heard it was because they don't much like Princess Michael, and wanted to distance themselves from Freddy because of the press about his drug use.)

But Gabriella hasn't been involved in scandal (other then that very old article from her sleazy ex-boyfriend) and Tom Kingston is known to be discrete and very private.

I really hope that at least a few of the senior royals attend and don't snub Gabriella's wedding, like they did her brother's.

(I heard it was because they don't much like Princess Michael, and wanted to distance themselves from Freddy because of the press about his drug use.)

But Gabriella hasn't been involved in scandal (other then that very old article from her sleazy ex-boyfriend) and Tom Kingston is known to be discrete and very private.

It really wasn't very nice for no one except Eugenie from the Queen's immediate family to turn up at Freddie's wedding IMO. He'd dabbled in a bit of coke many years before he married but he never had a drug problem so I don't think that was the reason they didn't go. Tara Palmer-Tomkinson had a serious addiction and was still invited to William's wedding after all. I hope for better at Ella's.

It really wasn't very nice for no one except Eugenie from the Queen's immediate family to turn up at Freddie's wedding IMO. He'd dabbled in a bit of coke many years before he married but he never had a drug problem so I don't think that was the reason they didn't go. Tara Palmer-Tomkinson had a serious addiction and was still invited to William's wedding after all. I hope for better at Ella's.
We do not know what led to virtually no attendance from the "core" BRF at Freddie 's wedding. It could be any or a combination of scheduling, "disapproval " in some form, lack of a close relationship, dislike of the groom's mother....

Just because they are related doesn't mean they are close...many of us may have family situations like that. I haven't cousins I haven't seen since I was a kid....other family members just not close to. I would not expect invitations to their weddings etc.

Much was made about certain family members not being invited to Harry's wedding. I don't see it as a big deal. It's never been demonstrated they are close to all the other family.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom