Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Ella going to focus on her studies and leave journalism aside or do both at the same time? Does anyone know?

These questions came to my mind as well. Perhaps she wants to write about topics regarding anthropology in the future? I think it's really a good thing that she starts a new study, one can never learn enough. ;)

It is great to know that Lady Gabriella has decided to further her education and has improved her command in Spanish. Anthropology is a fascinating, yet difficult field. It requires a lot of tedious work and research. I am sure that Lady Gabriella will succeed in it.

So glad that some posters appreciated my last post. I read that Lady G lived with Indians in the Amazon during her 2 year stint in South America and would guess that this may have something to do with her now wanting to study anthropology. Just a thought!

These questions came to my mind as well. Perhaps she wants to write about topics regarding anthropology in the future? I think it's really a good thing that she starts a new study, one can never learn enough. ;)
Agreed.
Lady Gabriella :wub: is elegant and down to Earth sweet !

So glad that some posters appreciated my last post. I read that Lady G lived with Indians in the Amazon during her 2 year stint in South America and would guess that this may have something to do with her now wanting to study anthropology. Just a thought!
Could be.
I'm getting to know her and she seems fantastic.:)

Anthropology - what an interesting subject. She seems like a well rounded girl who has and is experiencing life. Good on her! I wish her the best in her studies.

Young, Rich & Royal

Articles

Articles
PORTFOLIO

YOUNG, RICH AND ROYAL (PDF, 1,185 KB)

http://www.suerussellwrites.com/YoungRoyals.pdf

Today’s young royals range from rebels and iconoclasts to fabulously glamorous dilettantes and very regal class acts.

Asia Tatler, 2007

Powered by Google Docs

Zara Phillips & Lady Gabriella Windsor (United Kingdom)

INNER CIRCLE... OUT IN THE COLD

Britain’s royal “It” girls are both highly attractive blondes, but the similarities end there. Zara Phillips is the frisky, riding champion daughter of Princess Anne and Mark Phillips. Anne’s children have no titles at her request.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I agree - youthful and pretty, very suitable for the occasion, IMO. :flowers:

Thanks for the link, battle! :flowers: Nice picture.

Thanks for the update!
Lady Gabriella looked great as usual. Given the links, she was in Brazil. I wonder what event she attended.

She looked so cute and pretty. Thanks for the link!

Videos with Lady Gabriella

Does anyone have video links with Gabriella Windsor to share?
I mean not the videos on youtube(as they are actually photos),but her video interview,speech or something alike

Thought This Might Be Interesting...

Thought This Might Be Interesting...

A son in search of his father

Mid-Day - 1 day ago

A son in search of his father

Date: 2011-01-06 Place: Mumbai

Aatish Taseer, son of assassinated Punjab Pakistan Governor Salman Taseer and Indian mother Tavleen Singh always had an uneasy relationship with his estranged father. His debut book, stranger to history was a journey that meshed the political with the personal

Aatish's royal girlfriend

Aatish Taseer, 30-year-old son of the slain Pakistani politician Salman Taseer, went out for three years with a member of the British royal family but hopes they would marry were dashed four years ago.

Aatish, Salman's son from a brief relationship with the Indian journalist Tavleen Singh, upset his father by writing an autobiographical novel, Stranger to History: A Son's Journey through Islamic Lands. Reviewers said the book reflected the anguish of a son who felt betrayed by his father for abandoning his pregnant mother.

In 2006, Hello! magazine reported that the romance between Lady Gabriella Windsor, the daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, and Aatish Taseer, which many had expected to culminate in wedding bells, had ended after the royal beauty reluctantly decided not to follow her boyfriend back to his home in India.

Somewhat unusually a spokesman for Princess Michael went on the record to state, "I can confirm that Gabriella and Aatish are no longer together, but the love and respect they share for each other has not diminished."

He emphasised, "They are not getting married. That's official. They are very young, they are just enjoying each other's company."

Some sources suggested that Princess Michael, by birth a German, did not want her daughter to marry an Indian but there was no evidence to back up this claim.

The couple, who are both writers, first met when Gabriella (known as "Ella" in short) was on a magazine internship in the US while completing her final year at the prestigious Brown University, Rhode Island. When she returned to London, Aatish followed and the couple became a regular sight on the British social scene.

"Aatish very much wanted her to go back with him to India," a close friend told the Daily Mail, "but she wants to stay in Britain and pursue her writing career here. So they have very sadly decided to go their separate ways."

Rumours that the couple were about to get engaged were given currency in 2005 by a report in the "Mandrake" gossip column of the Sunday Telegraph, which stated, "Prince and Princess Michael of Kent will announce that their elegant 23-year-old daughter is to marry Aatish early this year."

The paper quoted Aatish, a trainee reporter then with Time magazine, as saying, "I will be heading back to India to pursue my career.

The opportunities in media out there are excellent and I'm determined to give it a go. I've lived here in London and in New York, but Delhi is where I am from and where I want to be."

However, in an interview to a reputable German Sunday newspaper, Welt am Sonntag, Princess Michael categorically denied her daughter was about to get married.

"It is not true," she said. "Gabriella is so young and is not thinking about getting married. She is going first to Africa to write an article about guenons (monkeys) in the Kalahari. Why should she be sitting around in India with babies? I am very fond of her boyfriend. I would not be against a marriage even though I receive letters from many people who do not appreciate multicultural marriages."

It would have been hard for Aatish to have adjusted to his wife's royal background. But the reality is that she is royal only in a technical sense, being 31st in line to the throne. Her elder brother, Lord Frederick Windsor, 31, who was educated at Eton and Magdalen College, Oxford, where he took a 2:1 in classics, is 30th in line.

MiD DAY Infomedia Ltd.

Last edited:
Thank You for update.Sorry ,but I am sure Princess Michael didn't want that Lady Gabriella married Aatish

... I am sure Princess Michael didn't want that Lady Gabriella married Aatish
How can you be sure? Are you privvy to Princess Michael's private thoughts?
All we have is Princess Michael's reported statement "I am very fond of her boyfriend. I would not be against a marriage..."

If you disbelieve the truth of this statement you are inferring that Princess Michael was lying. Are you prepared to state that as a fact?

No,of course not like a fact,it's just my subjective opinion.She liked him,but I don't believe all the words of anybody exactly,I just think Princess Michael dreamt to see a titled man near Lady Gabriella.
But I liked very much this couple and I've thought they were very much in love with each other.But unfortunately Aatish and Gabriella broke up,that's the reality.

. i always thought that lady gabriella and lord frederick would marry blue blood, but frederick married an actress and maybe lady gabriella will never marry.

:previous: I do believe she will marry some day, but there's no hurry - she's not even 30. ;)

She has just started a new study and she seems to be the type who loves to experience life before she settles down, which sounds perfectly okay to me. I recently watched an interview of MC in French television and she seemed indeed very fond of Aatish. I don't think she just wanted to be nice, back then Aatish seemed well integrated, often seen together with Ella's parents and they also gave a few interviews as a couple - which, IMO, wouldn't have happened if MC or Michael wouldn't have liked the idea of Aatish as a son-in-law-to-be. I just think Ella's parents knew that she was very young back then, a bit too young to marry probably.

Thank You for pics!
Does anyone know why did she attend this service?

Thanks for the pictures, Marika! :flowers: Catharine Walker was a famous designer and Ella & her mother wore her outfits quite often, I guess they might have been friends, too.

Thanks for the pictures, Marika! :flowers: Catharine Walker was a famous designer and Ella & her mother wore her outfits quite often, I guess they might have been friends, too.
Thank You for the info,how old was Catherine Walker when she died?

She was 65 years old, died on September 23, 2010. She was also one of Diana's favorite designers.

Lady Ella has begun a PhD at Oxford

Telegraph.co.uk - 18 Feb 2011

Prince Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Windsor dons an Oxford gown - Telegraph

The Royal Family

Prince Michael of Kent's daughter Lady Gabriella Windsor dons an Oxford gown

Lady Gabriella Windsor, the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent, has begun a PhD at Oxford University.

Tim Walker. Edited by Richard Eden
6:30AM GMT 19 Feb 2011

When Lady Gabriella Windsor chose to attend Brown University in America it was seen as part of a growing trend for young Britons to study abroad.

However, the daughter of Prince Michael of Kent has shown that she has nothing against higher education in Britain by starting an anthropology PhD course at Oxford.

“She graduated six years ago, so it is quite a thing to go back,” says her mother, Princess Michael. “I am very proud.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom