The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2019, 12:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Possibly a magazine like Hello will provide lots of gorgeous photos and details of the special day.
Ella will be a beautiful bride, for sure, and any colour suits her.
I think her brother's wedding was published.
Her brother's wedding was also private with no senior royals. The only royals were the extended Kent family. The reason there was a huge problem with Peter selling photos was because the queen and other senior royals attended. That and the wedding was hosted and paid for by the royal family. That was not the case with Freddie's. Gabriella's is at Windsor, and senior royals will be there. It will be like Peter's wedding. She may get less flack as she is lower down the totem pole.

I doubt we will get any inside reception shots or such like Peter's. But wouldn't be surprised it at least Hello did some outside shots.

Old 05-14-2019, 12:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church.
Anyways, hope Lady Ella has a wonderful day. Is there a thread to guess which tiara she’ll wear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Her brother's wedding was also private with no senior royals. The only royals were the extended Kent family. The reason there was a huge problem with Peter selling photos was because the queen and other senior royals attended. That and the wedding was hosted and paid for by the royal family. That was not the case with Freddie's. Gabriella's is at Windsor, and senior royals will be there. It will be like Peter's wedding. She may get less flack as she is lower down the totem pole.

I doubt we will get any inside reception shots or such like Peter's. But wouldn't be surprised it at least Hello did some outside shots.
I think as long as it’s not too invasive, it shouldn’t be a problem. Zara also had a Hello spread. The issue with Peter was the photos of others at the wedding that weren’t aware they were going to end up in a magazine. On top of that, her parents aren’t actually working royals, so even less sensitivity.

Old 05-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

Zara's is another matter. The photos from her wedding were the same any press would have got from the street. Besides one or two private shots of just the couple, they weren't exclusive photos. Peter sold photos of his reception, big difference.

The issue for most for Peter was that he a wedding paid for by his family. And then turned around and sold private photos of the same family, for profit.

Gabriella if she was married like her brother no one would protest. Unless her Kent relatives had an issue with the photos. But she is being married at the queen's home and with senior royals there. That puts her on the level wedding wise of Peter and Zara. There will be similar scrutiny.

Now she could do as Zara, and just release a private photo or two of her and her husband alone.
Old 05-14-2019, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I think so too - there should be enough to see everything perfectly. I'm just very, very excited to see the dress, because I have a feeling it's gonna be a really nice one.

I have no doubt Lady Gabriella will make an exceptionally beautiful bride and I can't wait to see it.
I agree.
There's been a lot of speculation that Gabriella will wear a dress by Giles Deacon, who designed Pippa's.

They are friends, and she's helped promote his fashions in the past.
But no matter who the designer is, I expect she will look elegant.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I agree.
There's been a lot of speculation that Gabriella will wear a dress by Giles Deacon, who designed Pippa's.

They are friends, and she's helped promote his fashions in the past.
But no matter who the designer is, I expect she will look elegant.
Oh, that would be amazing! Giles Deacon did such a great job with Pippa's dress, it would be fun to see what else he can come up with.

And I agree, I expect her look to be very elegant and classic, definitely not anything over-the-top.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have my fingers crossed she goes more Traditional..she's known to be a bit more edgy with her clothing normally...but for a wedding I'd guess she won't be.

LaRae
Old 05-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Please note that posts relating to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding anniversary have been deleted.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:09 PM
Serene Highness

I'd love to see her in something slim fitting, a bit lacy with some beading - a bit boho I suppose but obviously with the gravitas (& train/longer back) for the chapel.

It'd be good to see British seasonal flowers used & some colour. The roses are just blooming (in south facing positions) & also some peonies so I'd love to see pinks & corals with all the lilac shades. I expect it will all be white/ivory though (or such pale pastels as to be non-colours).
Old 05-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
I'd love to see her in something slim fitting, a bit lacy with some beading - a bit boho I suppose but obviously with the gravitas (& train/longer back) for the chapel.

It'd be good to see British seasonal flowers used & some colour. The roses are just blooming (in south facing positions) & also some peonies so I'd love to see pinks & corals with all the lilac shades. I expect it will all be white/ivory though (or such pale pastels as to be non-colours).
Her mother has an penchant for the dramatic. It will be interesting to see if that aesthetic has made it to the wedding dress.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Her mother has an penchant for the dramatic. It will be interesting to see if that aesthetic has made it to the wedding dress.
Oh good grief I do hope not. Dramatic would be horrendous IMO. I'd just like her to be a little bit different in a way that suits her height & frame. And colourful flowers for a change - did I mention colour?
Old 05-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Gabriella is in her late 30s. I would not think Princess Michael's style would have an influence on her daughter's wedding dress.
Old 05-14-2019, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

This weeks edition of Hello magazine has a feature where some famous designers show what kind of dress they would make for her, Giles Deacon isn't among them so maybe he indeed has the comission. I wouldn't be surprised, I remember her patronising his clothes years ago before he became famous.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you think that Princess Michael's brother, Baron Frederick von Reibnitz will attend Lady Gabriella's wedding?
Old 05-15-2019, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

https://www.hellomagazine.com/brides...ess-designers/

This article mentions Giles Deacon.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Do you think that Princess Michael's brother, Baron Frederick von Reibnitz will attend Lady Gabriella's wedding?
Why couldn't he attend? He is her uncle.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I Wonder who in the RF will attend…. I Don't remember for her brother's wedding
Old 05-15-2019, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I am looking forward to her wedding. She has an elegant style
Old 05-15-2019, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I Wonder who in the RF will attend…. I Don't remember for her brother's wedding
Freddie’s wedding was in September when the Queen was still on her regular late summer stay in Scotland. But she’s expected to attend Gabriella’s as it is at Windsor in May.
The Duke & Duchess of Kent, Lady Helen Taylor, Princess Alexandra and Princess Eugenie were at Freddie’s wedding. The Duchess of Cornwall's daughter Laura Lopes also attended and Marie-Chantal of Greece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of the Jungle View Post
Possibly a magazine like Hello will provide lots of gorgeous photos and details of the special day.
Ella will be a beautiful bride, for sure, and any colour suits her.
I think her brother's wedding was published.
It was reported that Freddie and Sophie were offered a huge amount of money for a magazine exclusive on their wedding, but they turned it down.

"Lord Frederick, who is 31st in line to the throne, and Miss Winkleman, best-known for her role as Big Suze in comedy series Peep Show, turned down a "life-changing" sum of money from a celebrity magazine wanting to cover the wedding.
It is thought the couple were offered nearly £1 million, but instead chose to keep their wedding day private for themselves and their 400 guests."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...Winkleman.html
Old 05-15-2019, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post

It was reported that Freddie and Sophie were offered a huge amount of money for a magazine exclusive on their wedding, but they turned it down.
So did Pippa Middleton and her husband.

I'm glad; I think it's tacky to do that.

(Although besides Peter Phillips, some of the Swedish RF accepted the money).
Old 05-15-2019, 11:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I’ll certainly never forget the dress Princess Michael wore to her son’s wedding.

Abraham Lincoln
Closed Thread

Tags
lady gabriella windsor