The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
William is going to the FA Cup Final, and will present the trophy. Kick off is 5pm.
If the wedding is at noon, why can't he attend both?

Old 05-13-2019, 07:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
If the wedding is at noon, why can't he attend both?
And he may well do, if he was so inclined.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so looking forward to this wedding. I wonder if the guest list and list of attendants will be released later this week. It's good too that all the furore surrounding baby Sussex has died down now and won't steal the limelight from Ella's big day.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:45 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I'm so looking forward to this wedding. I wonder if the guest list and list of attendants will be released later this week. It's good too that all the furore surrounding baby Sussex has died down now and won't steal the limelight from Ella's big day.
Unlikely any guest lists will be released.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Unlikely any guest lists will be released.
I think the attendants will though.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:

A mention in the DM had Gabriella shopping for shoes using a swatch of ivory material.

If it's true, it seems unlikely she'd stick to all-white flowers, so we may indeed see some lovely pastel colors!
I am missing how the color of her dress is any sign what color flowers she will use Its just a sign she wants matching shoes, and not some wild colored shoes under her gown.

But I do hope you are right and there are other color flowers.
Old 05-13-2019, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am missing how the color of her dress is any sign what color flowers she will use Its just a sign she wants matching shoes, and not some wild colored shoes under her gown.

Yes, and I hope the bridesmaids wear a colour other than white. It was refreshing when Autumn Kelly chose green which was an unusual change.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, and I hope the bridesmaids wear a colour other than white. It was refreshing when Autumn Kelly chose green which was an unusual change.

Yes, I'm hoping for blue, possibly cornflower or delphinium blue.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Yes, I'm hoping for blue, possibly cornflower or delphinium blue.
That would be lovely.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Depends if there are lots of little attendants, I think. At British weddings of this sort the little girls tend to be restricted to white or ivory, with contrasting sashes.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Depends if there are lots of little attendants, I think. At British weddings of this sort the little girls tend to be restricted to white or ivory, with contrasting sashes.
Yes it's almost always like that but it's not a rule set in stone. Sarah Ferguson had her little attendants in apricot coloured dresses and they were among the prettiest bridesmaids dresses I've seen at a royal wedding.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I only meant that in other recent royal weddings, the brides (Kate, Meghan, Eugenie) wore white. And had mostly white flowers.

Since Gabriella is wearing ivory, perhaps she'd prefer some color in her bouquet rather than all white. Or not.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:04 PM
Nobility

I can't wait for this wedding. Hopefully we'll get a nice glimpse of the dress!
Old 05-13-2019, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
I can't wait for this wedding. Hopefully we'll get a nice glimpse of the dress!
I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church. I also hope that the Sussex's have the good sense (manners) not to post any pics on their Instagram account this weekend.
I think so too - there should be enough to see everything perfectly. I'm just very, very excited to see the dress, because I have a feeling it's gonna be a really nice one.

I have no doubt Lady Gabriella will make an exceptionally beautiful bride and I can't wait to see it.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hope Catherine can attend herself if it now looks like William's attendance is going to be somewhat unlikely - depending on how close the Cambridges are to Lady Gabriella of course, though given their friendship with Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor I can imagine they probably know Gabriella fairly well too. I forgot we were so close to the wedding - am looking forward to it!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-13-2019, 10:17 PM
Courtier

Possibly a magazine like Hello will provide lots of gorgeous photos and details of the special day.
Ella will be a beautiful bride, for sure, and any colour suits her.
I think her brother's wedding was published.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Courtier

I'm sure Hello will cover it. She's a former columnist for them and they've been doing quite a few pre wedding stories. It remains to be seen if they'll get paid for an official exclusive.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I only meant that in other recent royal weddings, the brides (Kate, Meghan, Eugenie) wore white. And had mostly white flowers.

Since Gabriella is wearing ivory, perhaps she'd prefer some color in her bouquet rather than all white. Or not.
I don't think there is any link. In the western world majority of brides wear white. Unless older bride/second time bride. The white flowers just seem to be tradition among the BRF brides.

Ivory is a shade of white. Its not that she has gone radical and modern in her dress color choice.

Quote:

Not just British. Flower girls are more commonly in white. Its becoming more common to see colored flower girl dresses though.

Until Pippa, I always thought it was custom the only adult in white should be the bride.
Old 05-13-2019, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church.
I expect the full contingent of royals to be in attendance. Maybe even the Cambridges, but I have only heard of them being close to Freddie though so it also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't attend.

Closed Thread

Tags
lady gabriella windsor