The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Where will they have their wedding?
Her brother wed at Hampton Court, but perhaps Gabriella will marry at St. George's in Windsor? (Lots of royal weddings there lately!)

Old 11-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Royal Highness

I was happy to see that Lady Gabriella has found someone special to settle down with, particularly after the earlier disappointing boyfriend relationship with the journalist guy who took advantage of his time with her to take notes and tell tales.

Old 12-21-2018, 09:46 AM
Majesty

Three royal weddings at St George’s Chapel in the space of a year! Lady Gabriella Windsor, daughter of Prince and Princess Michael of Kent, will wed there in the spring, I’m told. Like Harry and Meghan, she will also hold a reception at Frogmore afterwards

Via Rebecca English Twitter
Old 12-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Heir Apparent

That is an excellent choice of venue, but let's face it- it will invite comparisons.
Wonder if Freddie's daughters will be bridesmaids, or if Gabriella will have adult attendants?

(I'm betting she will have all children).
Old 12-21-2018, 10:26 AM
Royal Highness

I was hoping for a little more variety in venue, kind of like how her brother chose Hampton Court. But St. George's is lovely.

I'm interested in the attendees, for Freddie's wedding only Eugenie attended from the Queen's branch of the family. I wonder if Gabriella will have a better royal turnout. The groom is close friends with Pippa so he may be friendly with Catherine as well, so maybe the Cambridges. I think we can rule out the Sussexes as the couple weren't invited to their wedding. Probably Eugenie, maybe Bea. If Bea brings Edo that will cause quite a stir...
Old 12-21-2018, 10:30 AM
Serene Highness

Wedding expected for the beginning of June.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:33 AM
Majesty

I thought I read Lady Gabriella and William are close so I definitely can see the Cambridges attending. Lady Gabriella was invited to William’s wedding.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I thought I read Lady Gabriella and William are close so I definitely can see the Cambridges attending. Lady Gabriella was invited to William’s wedding.
Yes, and also William is friends with Thomas Kingston, so I expect they will be there.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can definitely see the Queen and lots of royals going to this wedding. I'm not saying there wouldn't have been royals at her wedding anyway but because of the venue and the time of year it's being held I can see the Queen attending. The court moves to Windsor for April/May and the Queen spends her weekends there even when based in London and I can't see the wedding of a family member taking place in the chapel and the Queen sitting up in the castle. Freddie's wedding was different as it was at peak holiday/Balmoral time so the Queen and a lot of other family members simply wern't 't around.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wish they would have picked somewhere else, it’s interesting that we’ve had Henry (6th), Eugenie (9th) and now Gabriella (51st) all at the same venue. Maybe it’s just me that thinks some venues should be for those higher up, and smaller palaces should be for those further down the succession. I’m sure this is going to go to a magazine as well.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Majesty

the Diva will not be the bride but her mother Princess Michael with great necklaces etc...
Old 12-21-2018, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty happy with the extended family using St. George's Chapel at Windsor. It's a beautiful and highly historic place that should be available for all family members, imo. Lady Gabriella is a Windsor, after all. And obviously, the Queen doesn't mind, or she would have suggested some other place.

This is a wedding that I really look forward to, and I hope that they will allow more pictures than her brother did. Iirc, the photos from Freddy's wedding were pretty scarce.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I wish they would have picked somewhere else, it’s interesting that we’ve had Henry (6th), Eugenie (9th) and now Gabriella (51st) all at the same venue. Maybe it’s just me that thinks some venues should be for those higher up, and smaller palaces should be for those further down the succession. I’m sure this is going to go to a magazine as well.
Lady Helen Windsor married at St George's, why not her first cousin Gabriella?
Old 12-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Lady Helen Windsor married at St George's, why not her first cousin Gabriella?

I quite clearly said in my comment why.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just heard that Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding will be at Windsor, and I am thrilled.

Very appropriate!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-21-2018, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I am interested to see how the flowers will be positioned in the Chapel. I wonder if Gabriella will use a few pastel colors.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yep...Wedding at St George's and reception at Frogmore!

LaRae
Old 12-21-2018, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

Well yes, the higher-ups use Westminster Abbey (or in the case of Charles, Saint Paul's Cathedral).
Those not in the direct line use Saint George's Chapel.

At least that is the way it seems to me.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

Let’s not forget that Edward and Sophie were mArried at St George’s in Windsor.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

When Lady Helen had her wedding at St. George's it was the first royal wedding there in decades. For some reason, apart from Helen, it didn't seem to occur to royal relatives of her generation to have their weddings there. Even the very regal Princess Margaret let a St. George's wedding slide for her children. Lovely as Helen's wedding was it took Edward and Sophie to remind the senior royals how beautiful and historically important this chapel is and it has been great to see it's revival in this way. Windsor is, of course, the spiritual home of the dynasty and the place they are named after but, more than that, when Lady Gabriella walks down the aisle her great grandparents (King George V and Queen Mary) will be lying not far from her as will the font where her father was Christened as a seven week old baby and where her grandfather's/grandmother's funeral was held etc. In a nutshell St. George's has so much profound significance to the royal family that I don't think they make decisions about who can use it in terms of where they are in the line of succession, it's all to do with family IMO.

Closed Thread

Tags
lady gabriella windsor