The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Easter Sunday is rather late this year, so Saturday April 27 seems the earliest likely day (not that I have an issue with Lent weddings (got married myself during Lent), I do think the queen would appreciate her family members waiting until after Easter) - if not a Saturday in May.
Also, the weather will probably be better in May.

It's been said the senior royals probably won't attend, but I do think the Cambridges may.

(I wouldn't even invite the Sussexes, after they excluded Harry's cousins from their own wedding. But perhaps Gabriella has a forgiving nature?)

Old 09-21-2018, 07:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Also, the weather will probably be better in May.

It's been said the senior royals probably won't attend, but I do think the Cambridges may.

(I wouldn't even invite the Sussexes, after they excluded Harry's cousins from their own wedding. But perhaps Gabriella has a forgiving nature?)
I would expect all the Kents to attend. Any Mountbatten-Windsors will depend on their personal relationship with the couple. The fsct that prince and princess Michael of Kent live in Kensington Palace might mean that some of their royal neighbours will attend.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Is it known who Gabriella’s godparents are? I can’t remember.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Is it known who Gabriella’s godparents are? I can’t remember.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post984391
Old 09-21-2018, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post

Thank you!

I wonder if Constantine will make it, he has looked frail lately.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I feel certain her nieces will be bridesmaids if she decides to have children as attendants. Maud will be 6 and Isabella 3 next year, so they’d both be old enough.
I think it's very likely that either one or both of Maud and Isabella will be bridesmaids if Gabriella chooses to have a young bridal party. I've also read that she and her brother Freddie are friends with the Cambridges, so perhaps either one of George or Charlotte will also be in the bridal party though I think we're more likely to see them at Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-21-2018, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I think it's very likely that either one or both of Maud and Isabella will be bridesmaids if Gabriella chooses to have a young bridal party. I've also read that she and her brother Freddie are friends with the Cambridges, so perhaps either one of George or Charlotte will also be in the bridal party though I think we're more likely to see them at Eugenie and Jack's wedding.

George and Maud go to school together; they'd look very cute at the wedding!
But perhaps she won't have children at all.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston attends The Jungle Party at Annabel's last night 28 September

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1042710742
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1042710738
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...e-id1042698820
Old 09-29-2018, 05:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

She's not wearing an engagement ring, how strange.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Maybe she doesn't have one yet.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Majesty

I wish people wouldn't pose with dead animals, especially magnificent creatures like lions. It makes me feel quite ill.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
She's not wearing an engagement ring, how strange.
Have we seen an engagement ring at all until now???
Old 09-29-2018, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by countess felicitas View Post
Have we seen an engagement ring at all until now???
We couldn't see her left hand on the engagement photos. She most likely would have shown the ring had she been wearing one. These seem to be the first pictures after the engagement announcement.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Maybe she doesn't have one yet.
But if Tom proposed in August, they've had two months to select the ring.
So it is odd that they haven't.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps they both feel a ring isn't what they want. They may have something else more personal to them to denote an engagement.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

They certainly make a cute couple!
Old 09-29-2018, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
But if Tom proposed in August, they've had two months to select the ring.
So it is odd that they haven't.
Perhaps. She may have chosen not to wear it that evening or if it's bespoke one it could take a bit of time.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

I really hope that at least a few of the senior royals attend and don't snub Gabriella's wedding, like they did her brother's.

(I heard it was because they don't much like Princess Michael, and wanted to distance themselves from Freddy because of the press about his drug use.)

But Gabriella hasn't been involved in scandal (other then that very old article from her sleazy ex-boyfriend) and Tom Kingston is known to be discrete and very private.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I really hope that at least a few of the senior royals attend and don't snub Gabriella's wedding, like they did her brother's.

(I heard it was because they don't much like Princess Michael, and wanted to distance themselves from Freddy because of the press about his drug use.)

But Gabriella hasn't been involved in scandal (other then that very old article from her sleazy ex-boyfriend) and Tom Kingston is known to be discrete and very private.
It really wasn't very nice for no one except Eugenie from the Queen's immediate family to turn up at Freddie's wedding IMO. He'd dabbled in a bit of coke many years before he married but he never had a drug problem so I don't think that was the reason they didn't go. Tara Palmer-Tomkinson had a serious addiction and was still invited to William's wedding after all. I hope for better at Ella's.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
It really wasn't very nice for no one except Eugenie from the Queen's immediate family to turn up at Freddie's wedding IMO. He'd dabbled in a bit of coke many years before he married but he never had a drug problem so I don't think that was the reason they didn't go. Tara Palmer-Tomkinson had a serious addiction and was still invited to William's wedding after all. I hope for better at Ella's.
We do not know what led to virtually no attendance from the "core" BRF at Freddie 's wedding. It could be any or a combination of scheduling, "disapproval " in some form, lack of a close relationship, dislike of the groom's mother....

Closed Thread

Tags
lady gabriella windsor