The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 03:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if she has a deal lined up with Hello magazine linked to the engagement and we see her ring for the first time in those photographs. She's worked for Hello as a freelance journalist over the years and I think has a good relationship with the magazine so I could see this happening.
I thought that was likely. She worked for Hello a long time.
Hope she has something other than a diamond!

I wonder if they'll opt for a low-key wedding or a large one?
He seems to like things quiet and discreet.
Still, she could probably have it at Windsor if she likes.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:21 PM
Majesty

She’s 50th in line to throne. She’s a completely private citizen. She can sell pics to any and all buyers. It can be a small wedding, or a gigantic affair. Whatever floats their boat.

Old 09-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
She’s 50th in line to throne. She’s a completely private citizen. She can sell pics to any and all buyers. It can be a small wedding, or a gigantic affair. Whatever floats their boat.
I hope for gigantic!
Old 09-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I hope for gigantic!
If she married Aatish, I'm sure their wedding would of been gigantic, they were a very 'showboat' couple.

Her and Tom are much more private, but that could of been in accordance with Tom's wishes. The bride usually gets more say in the wedding so we'll have to see what Gabriella's mindset is. Even if she goes big, I doubt she'll go over ~350 guests.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to the couple! There sure will be a lot to celebrate in the BRF.
Have there been any reports on how the couple met?

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-19-2018, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Lady Gabriella and Thomas Kingston on the engagement another wedding next year!
Old 09-19-2018, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Maybe her niece Maud will be her flower girl?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:19 PM
Administrator

This is fantastic news!

I can definitely see a potential spread in Hello Magazine for Gabriella...now whether or Tom is agreeable to that? I guess we shall see.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Congratulations to Lady Gabriella and Thomas! I hope the wedding is at Westminster Abbey.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

If the second son of the heir apparent didn't get married at Westminster Abbey I really doubt that the 50th in the line of succession will be allowed to marry there.

She is more likely to have a wedding along the lines of her brother's at Hampton Court or cousins at St George's/KP although one of her cousins married at the Vatican and another in a registry office in Scotland.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Congratulations to the Happy Couple.

I expect Lady Ella's Bridal Dress to be SPECTACULAR, since she is [by 'a country mile'] undoubtedly the best dressed Woman in the BRF......
I agree! And the prettiest.

Congrats to the happy couple!
Old 09-20-2018, 03:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
If the second son of the heir apparent didn't get married at Westminster Abbey I really doubt that the 50th in the line of succession will be allowed to marry there.

She is more likely to have a wedding along the lines of her brother's at Hampton Court or cousins at St George's/KP although one of her cousins married at the Vatican and another in a registry office in Scotland.
Well, she could always get married at the Church of St Margaret, Westminster Abbey. Close enough.

But seriously, the current Earl Snowdon married there, so it's a viable option.

Or since KP is her childhood home, maybe she'll use the Orangery instead.

She has no real obligations for her choice, and I doubt the senior royals will attend so she won't have to factor in security. Really her choice could be almost anything, even a registry office like you mentioned. Should be interesting.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Not a registry office!
Maybe Hampton Court, like her brother?
How many does that chapel hold? It is really pretty.

And, she and her fiancé do move in society a lot, and know almost everyone, so their wedding could be huge, if they liked.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Finally, had been wondring for a while when they would take this step. The bride will be either just 38 or almost 38 and the groom 40, almost 41 at their wedding day.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:46 AM
Majesty

Could they marry on Easter Sunday or Monday?
Old 09-20-2018, 09:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

I would be surprised to see a Church marry them on Easter Sunday.

LaRae
Old 09-20-2018, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Why not a thread with her engagement ?
Old 09-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I was wondering the same thing. It would be good to have a thread for her engagement or the wedding in general so that we could discuss suggestions etc.

I agree with those who said it's doubtful that the couple will be married at Easter due to services and events within the church. Furthermore Easter is obviously a very holy day in the Christian calendar so as Pranter said the church probably wouldn't allow them to marry then. A nice thought though and I guess they could always marry at a country house or other venue if they did want to get married over Easter.
The chapel the BRF use for christenings at St. James's would be a lovely place for a smaller wedding IMO (although since it's where most christenings take place they probably won't marry there). I can imagine their venue will be similar to Lord and Lady Frederick's.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-20-2018, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
Maybe her niece Maud will be her flower girl?
I feel certain her nieces will be bridesmaids if she decides to have children as attendants. Maud will be 6 and Isabella 3 next year, so they’d both be old enough.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Easter Sunday is rather late this year, so Saturday April 27 seems the earliest likely day (not that I have an issue with Lent weddings (got married myself during Lent), I do think the queen would appreciate her family members waiting until after Easter) - if not a Saturday in May.

Closed Thread

Tags
lady gabriella windsor