Kate Middleton Current Events 7: April-May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Kimetha said:
I wonder if Kate ever looked at pictures over the years of the royals (Diana, Fergie etc) decked in their wild hats and ever thought "I wouldn't be caught dead in that hat!" and now is wearing one herself to fit in with the upper-royal-crust?

It could be, that like me, she actually likes her hat. They are very popular here in the UK and not just for society weddings. I quite often see hats I wouldn't wear but, to each his/her own style. :)

I thought she looked very at ease with everyone and very pretty.

Skydragon said:
It could be, that like me, she actually likes her hat. They are very popular here in the UK and not just for society weddings. I quite often see hats I wouldn't wear but, to each his/her own style. :)

I thought she looked very at ease with everyone and very pretty.

Skydragon, I like her hat as well. But, like you said you often see hats you wouldn't wear, which was my question or wonderment for Kate. It does appear she took time to find the perfect matching suit, shoes and the 'feathery' type headwear complimented her whole attire. And, even her makeup was great. It's an interesting hat. Here in the U.S., there isn't really too much of a call for society hats like that anymore. It is a shame because I liked the style back when women did wear a lot of hats. Giving away my own age, I always loved getting a new hat or two a year. I don't even nowadays think of buying my own girls new hats--only spring hats around Easter time.:)

Well she was on vacation and probably prparing for that so she might have not have had sufficient time to select a better hat.

Skydragon said:
It could be, that like me, she actually likes her hat. They are very popular here in the UK...
And not just in the UK. Here's Crown Princess Mathilde at the King of Sweden's 60th, in a swirling extravaganza that not many would call a "hat":

(Thanks to purple_platinum for the pic).

Warren said:
And not just in the UK. Here's Crown Princess Mathilde at the King of Sweden's 60th, in a swirling extravaganza that not many would call a "hat":

(Thanks to purple_platinum for the pic).

That would be a little excessive even for me but, if she is happy with it....:)

melike2 said:
Hi. I'm new here but I've been checking the forum for some time. It is the most amazing to read your opinion about Kate. I'm afraid I'll be very unpopular here, but I disagree. I don't think that Kate is very pretty, well at least, not in an outstanding way. I don't say she is ugly, but is not extremely beautiful either. I'd say she is average looking...

I think you'll find that praises such as drop dead gorgeous, pretty, and beautiful attributed to Kate are common phrases that many posters attribute to their favorite princesses (and princessess-in-waiting) and queens, especailly those that married into royalty. I think if you showed some of the other pictures of royal ladies that posters rave about, your friend might say similar things. I find it sometimes safe to let people continue in their delusions that their favorite princess/queen is quite beautiful. In reality, many of these women wouldn't probably get a second look if they were walking down the street iin their pre-royalty days.

But, they do look good when they dress up in their beautiful gowns and tiaras.

Besides, I thought Kate was quite plain also when I first saw her. She has a box shape figure. But, I must admit that she is looking much better.

MyAdia said:
I think you'll find that praises such as drop dead gorgeous, pretty, and beautiful attributed to Kate are common phrases that many posters attribute to their favorite princesses (and princessess-in-waiting) and queens, especailly those that married into royalty. I think if you showed some of the other pictures of royal ladies that posters rave about, your friend might say similar things. I find it sometimes safe to let people continue in their delusions that their favorite princess/queen is quite beautiful. In reality, many of these women wouldn't probably get a second look if they were walking down the street iin their pre-royalty days.

But, they do look good when they dress up in their beautiful gowns and tiaras.

Besides, I thought Kate was quite plain also when I first saw her. She has a box shape figure. But, I must admit that she is looking much better.

I think the sudden "change is their appearance and fashions" is thanks to royal fashion advisors, make-up artists etc. Yeah, Kate is looking better everday, but I think this is due to the help of fashion advisors, 5 hours spent at the spa etc. No offense to anyone.:)

{removed response to deleted off-topic post - Elsepth}

Suits you, Kate (just a blurb)

I hope she doesn't take them up on their offer though.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Kate Middleton current events thread.
Posts more concerned with Princesses Grace, Diana, Mary, Mathilde and Charlotte Casiraghi have been removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Who doesn't look good when all dressed up? Most women do but it doesn't mean they are natural beauties. Of course beauty cannot be defined and different things are beautiful to different people yet I feel that everything that has been said about Kate here is highly exaggerated. I didn't say that just because I don't find her attractive nobody else can. A very hard lesson taught me though that one should always retain some objectivity because nobody is perfect. By the way, it is not me who has to find her pretty; it's enough if William does.
All I wanted to say is that I simply can't understand why you are so fond of her.
Actually, I didn't notice any difference between the way she looked like a few years ago and how she looks like nowadays.

hi melike2...welcome to the board. the nice thing about this forum is that you don't have to agree with everyone :). always good to have lot's of different opinions.

i can remember one princess-in-waiting that was a plain jane when she was first introduced to the world in anticpation of her wedding. although her clothing sparked a fashion trend i wouldn't have, and didn't, wear anything that resembled it. kate's fashion choices may not be to everybody's liking right now but you can bet that IF her and william get married and she has access to all the top designers, the world will make her into a fashion icon as well.

melike2 said:
Who doesn't look good when all dressed up? Most women do but it doesn't mean they are natural beauties. Of course beauty cannot be defined and different things are beautiful to different people yet I feel that everything that has been said about Kate here is highly exaggerated. I didn't say that just because I don't find her attractive nobody else can. A very hard lesson taught me though that one should always retain some objectivity because nobody is perfect. By the way, it is not me who has to find her pretty; it's enough if William does.
All I wanted to say is that I simply can't understand why you are so fond of her.
Actually, I didn't notice any difference between the way she looked like a few years ago and how she looks like nowadays.

Is this question directed at me?

if so, I am quite indifferent about her, as with all of the princesses, queens, and (princessess & queens in waiting). I find it quite humourous when I read these glowing praises of beauty about these women. However, I do enjoy learning about the history of the families and I especially enjoy looking at the gala pictures.

As for Kate, I stated she is looking much better than when she first came on the scene. I think the media is stirring up all the fascination with Kate because they have much to gain (higher sales) with a new Princess of Wales. Diana was a media gold-mine. I think ANY girl that Prince William date will be labeled as beautiful, regardless if she is or not.

As I mentioned in another forum, I am completely at a lost with everyone's fascination with her and a rush to crown her as the next Princess of Wales. None of us (mere posters) really know what type of person she is. The girl hasn't opened her mouth and utter a word. She graduated from college with a degree that she doesn't use. Most of her public appearances have been captured shopping, vacationing, or getting beauty treatments.

But, Prince William seems to like her and obviously he finds her attractive, so that's what count. Besides, for all those that find her dull, plain and unshapely and who are admirers of Prince William (he's much too young for me) then this should give you hope.

I love the bikini she wore on the Mustique holiday. She looks fabulous in it. I don't have a scanner so I can't scan the People magazine pics but both she and William look really good. I don't recognize their friends though. No one I've seen before. That chick they are with, or were with, (I don't know when they were in Mustique, April 28ish?) is definitely not Jecca. She has blonde hair.

MyAdia said:
I think the media is stirring up all the fascination with Kate because they have much to gain (higher sales) with a new Princess of Wales.

She can't be 'Princess of Wales' unless something happens to Charles or Charles as King makes William 'Prince of Wales' first. :)

Well, no she can't, but she'd slip into the Diana role where the media was concerned because of her youth, fashion, and position. You can see where the media might be very interested in the whole concept of a big fancy royal wedding and a new young princess on the scene. And if they rush William into marriage and things get difficult, there's yet more media fodder down the line.

I remember a story Baroness Castle told when Barbara said to the Queen, "There's so much enthusiasm over Charles and Diana's marriage Ma'am. I can't understand it". The Queen replied, "This is nothing. You should have seen the fuss when Margaret and I got married".

Elspeth said:
Well, no she can't, but she'd slip into the Diana role where the media was concerned because of her youth, fashion, and position. You can see where the media might be very interested in the whole concept of a big fancy royal wedding and a new young princess on the scene. And if they rush William into marriage and things get difficult, there's yet more media fodder down the line.

Wise words, Elspeth. As usual, the tabloid media is looking to its own pocketbooks rather than wellbeing of the persons they're reporting. Its unavoidable but its one of the most unpleasant aspects of the media coverage of royals.

I truly believe they use all public persons as fodder for their rumour mills and when it comes down to the truth vs. a good story, the truth be damned.

I think Kate is one of the prettiest Brits I've ever see and Lord knows you guys have quite a few! I love her style. She dresses impeccably and my grandmother and I agree (and we never agree) that she has great choice in hats. I thinks she's ab fab. Plus it's so nice to see someone with dark hair as a love interest for the prince. It seems as if they always go for the blondes. I know that's so shallow to say but someone has to be shallow. LOL.

I think she'll do fabulously.

Skydragon said:
She can't be 'Princess of Wales' unless something happens to Charles or Charles as King makes William 'Prince of Wales' first. :)

actually, isn't William's title HRH Prince William of Wales...therefore...wouldn't Kate (if they married) be HRH Princess William of Wales? ;)

GömdNatt said:
actually, isn't William's title HRH Prince William of Wales...therefore...wouldn't Kate (if they married) be HRH Princess William of Wales? ;)
Yes, but the expectation would be that William would be granted a Royal Dukedom on the day of his wedding.
For further discussion on this, see the William & Harry & their wives' titles thread.

Time for a new thread.

Kate Middleton current events Part 8 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom