Kate Middleton Current Events 6: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kate looks beautiful with fur. She should wear it again.

I am for animal rights, as long as they are not hurt in the process.

Melania said:
I think Kate looks beautiful with fur. She should wear it again.

I am for animal rights, as long as they are not hurt in the process.

I don't quite understand what you are saying. You are for fur AND animal rights?

I think Kate looked very good and elegant
If she wears fur or not its her problem ok?
If somebody doen't agree with the use of animal fur don't use it and leave other people in peace... Cause the use of Fur its not a crime and everybody has the right to chose if wanna use fur or not ;]
So leave Kate alone... She made ser choice ;)

Paula** said:
If somebody doen't agree with the use of animal fur don't use it and leave other people in peace... Cause the use of Fur its not a crime and everybody has the right to chose if wanna use fur or not
My sentiments exactly.

Kate has the right to wear fur if she wants but others have the right to criticize her as well. If she can take the heat, good for her.

princesslily said:
Diana never wore fur.
She did, on several occasions in the early 80's. One in particular was a white fur jackat she wore to several evening engagements.

The woman next to Kate in this picture is also wearing fur. I don't see it as a big deal at all or as some big error. I think the papers just like to create drama or excitement. The fanatics are overreacting in cases like this. Just because they don't like fur doesn't mean that Kate can't wear it. The funny thing about this is we don't even know if it is real or not!

It's a shame when people's fashion choices overshadow anything else as far as the press is concerned.

Guys, I seriously doubt Kate is stupid enough to wear real fur. No one with any modicum of a public existence is so clueless. Kate, with her "media training" at the palace, surely knows better.
Wearing fur violates so many of the royals' codes. It creates a controversy, it gets the media talking, it draws attention.

Princejohnny25 said:
She also wore furs once and while during her royal years.
Correction - Diana wore fake furs - unless you have pics of REAL FURS on DI's head or body??????????:mad:

Paula** said:
I think Kate looked very good and elegant
If she wears fur or not its her problem ok?
If somebody doen't agree with the use of animal fur don't use it and leave other people in peace... Cause the use of Fur its not a crime and everybody has the right to chose if wanna use fur or not ;]
So leave Kate alone... She made ser choice ;)
Wow, now that's the biggest line of bulls**t I've heard so far...NOT!!!:eek:
As a matter of fact - it is aganist the law in England, Wales, and Scotland to raise animals for the sole purpose of skinning them for fur!!!lol :mad: :eek: :confused:

regardez said:
The woman next to Kate in this picture is also wearing fur. I don't see it as a big deal at all or as some big error. I think the papers just like to create drama or excitement. The fanatics are overreacting in cases like this. Just because they don't like fur doesn't mean that Kate can't wear it. The funny thing about this is we don't even know if it is real or not!
The Woman your pointing out - well her fur looks VERY fake...good thing!:)

Duchess said:
people keep saying that kate made a mistake by wearing a fur hat. it's not a mistake. she wanted to wear a fur hat so she wore a fur hat...no big deal. only the people that are against this type of thing call it a mistake.

Yes it was a mistake, if you were able to hear all the negative comments being made about her here, you would realise that.

ysbel said:
it might have taken 3-4 minks or ferrets, or 1 fox. A female mink pelt can hold more heat

I wonder what the minks, ferrets or fox are wearing!:eek:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Guys, I seriously doubt Kate is stupid enough to wear real fur.

Yes, you are probably right. :cool:

Duchess said:
people keep saying that kate made a mistake by wearing a fur hat. it's not a mistake. she wanted to wear a fur hat so she wore a fur hat...no big deal. only the people that are against this type of thing call it a mistake. i don't think it's a mistake. there's nothing wrong with liking fur. and it's hardly a symbol of wealth anymore. it annoys me that people that are against this kind of thing keep speaking for everyone. .

I wrote IMO

ysbel said:
Some people wear fur to keep warm, I do, I wore my fur coat in today because it is an unusually chilly spring. Sorry your statement was ill informed and offensive. I am not an ugly old woman and I do not spend time at St. Moritz not knowing what to do with my life nor have I had plastic surgery nor has anyone I know who wears fur and there are several of us here. Better luck with your next post being inoffensive.

i didn't want to offend you, I don't think that when you're in the streets you're followed by an army of paparazzi, sorry! and I didn't say that all people that wear fur are like these awful people. I just described what came to my mind when seeing the modest, down to earth kate wearing this thing. moreover I got a fur coat from my mom, too and I wear it when it is very cold. but honestly I don't think that Kate's choice had anything to do with weather. I didn't even say that she isn't allowed to wear fur in general, I think she should have chosen something different when going out with the royal family. and when doing so, she also has a certain responsibility for what she's wearing. I'm sure,she's already a role model for lots of girls. So even if the dead animal on her head has been in her family's possession for centuries and had an absolutely happy life and died because it was old or whatsoever, girls might try to copy her and buy their own dead animals...So it also doesn't really mater whether it was real fur or not as long as it is nor clearly visible.
This whole fur thing really makes me sad - I'm not only talking about the expensive fur pieces. The cheap zara, h&m or what so ever cats suffer so much only for us to wear them 1 season.

tammy159 said:
Correction - Diana wore fake furs - unless you have pics of REAL FURS on DI's head or body??????????:mad:

Yes, I thought it was a foregone conclusion nowadays that the public figures with any sense wear fake furs only. Only idiots continue to wear real ones, unless of course the real fur happens to be an old piece. I guess you have some very fashionable people walking around with old furs from the 80s or beyond, but I meant, you just don't see any new real furs anymore.

Mrs.Smith said:
i didn't want to offend you, I don't think that when you're in the streets you're followed by an army of paparazzi, sorry! and I didn't say that all people that wear fur are like these awful people. I just described what came to my mind when seeing the modest, down to earth kate wearing this thing. moreover I got a fur coat from my mom, too and I wear it when it is very cold. but honestly I don't think that Kate's choice had anything to do with weather. I didn't even say that she isn't allowed to wear fur in general, I think she should have chosen something different when going out with the royal family. and when doing so, she also has a certain responsibility for what she's wearing. I'm sure,she's already a role model for lots of girls. So even if the dead animal on her head has been in her family's possession for centuries and had an absolutely happy life and died because it was old or whatsoever, girls might try to copy her and buy their own dead animals...So it also doesn't really mater whether it was real fur or not as long as it is nor clearly visible.
This whole fur thing really makes me sad - I'm not only talking about the expensive fur pieces. The cheap zara, h&m or what so ever cats suffer so much only for us to wear them 1 season.

OK, now I understand you. Thanks for explaining, no offense taken. :)

I believe very strongly that its wasteful and disrespectful to the animals to use their skins for a fashion piece that is not useful nor lasts a long time. The coat I have was bought 6 years ago and has been my main winter coat for years and its lasted longer than two of the wool coats that I bought at the same time.

I eat meat and wear fur but I acknowledge that it takes a life and one must be respectful and not take it frivolously. Its somewhat similar to the Native American belief that when they killed a buffalo, they used as many parts of the buffalo as possible (bones for arrows and implements, hides for leather, meat for eating) because not doing so showed a disrespect for the life that was sacrificed.

The Queen continues to wear real fur and she is no idiot. You are not an idiot for wearing fur. Some people think the animals suffer like humans and need to be saved, others see them as food and a warm hat or coat. Everyone has the right to wear fur and she shouldnt be condemd for wearing fur. Also, Diana did wear REAL fur in the early 80's. If you are going to kill a animal and use its meat and other parts mind as well use its fur. Lets not be wastefull.

Princejohnny25 said:
The Queen continues to wear real fur and she is no idiot. You are not an idiot for wearing fur. Some people think the animals suffer like humans and need to be saved, others see them as food and a warm hat or coat. Everyone has the right to wear fur and she shouldnt be condemd for wearing fur. Also, Diana did wear REAL fur in the early 80's. If you are going to kill a animal and use its meat and other parts mind as well use its fur. Lets not be wastefull.

But the Queen's furs are probably old classic pieces. As I said, old real furs are still in use by non-idiots.

It is not the fur I care about it is just the thought of what those poor animals go through to get the fur.

If you can sit through a video of what REALLY happens and still like fur then I would never say a bad word to you, but I think many people are in denial about fur.

I would rather if someone has to wear fur it be old pieces, if the Queen was to buy a new piece I would find that hard to take.

I remember P Diana wearing a white fur coat/jacket in the early days of her marriage but swore she'd never do so again after she got a lot of flak. It's a personal choice. I was once given a fur coat as a gift but wore it twice then gave it away. I liked its warmth but received a lot of grimaces and didn't want someone running up to spraypaint me! So, for me, it just wasn't worth it. People have such strong feelings on this issue. Back to Kate; again, personal choice. She's not stupid; I'm sure she realized there would be a backlash from some circles. Clearly, she didn't/doesn't mind. Generally speaking, she comports herself with dignity so I'm willing to give her a pass on her clothing choices--particularly since she's still a private citizen, not a member of any royal family, and, therefore, is not making a statement with her choices of attire.

Skydragon said:
Yes it was a mistake, if you were able to hear all the negative comments being made about her here, you would realise that.

no...it wasn't a mistake. just because some people don't like to see people wearing fur doesn't mean everyone feels that way. if she wants to wear fur then she's certainly entitled to wear it. why is that because a certain part of society doesn't like fur then it makes it wrong for everyone???? speaking for everyone like that...now THAT'S the mistake.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
Yes, I thought it was a foregone conclusion nowadays that the public figures with any sense wear fake furs only. Only idiots continue to wear real ones, unless of course the real fur happens to be an old piece. I guess you have some very fashionable people walking around with old furs from the 80s or beyond, but I meant, you just don't see any new real furs anymore.

why would you call people that wear fur "idiots"? if people want to wear real fur that their choice and who are you to name call? are you saying only animals killed after a certain time are to be protected?

Last edited:
tammy159 said:
Wow, now that's the biggest line of bulls**t I've heard so far...NOT!!!:eek:
As a matter of fact - it is aganist the law in England, Wales, and Scotland to raise animals for the sole purpose of skinning them for fur!!!lol :mad: :eek: :confused:

Oh my god, what nice comment...
Do u know if it was fake fur?
Bullls** its your stupid comment
respect a lilttle bit more what other people think
Kisses my dear ;*

Duchess said:
why would you call people that wear fur "idiots"? if people want to wear real fur that their choice and who are you to name call? are you saying only animals killed after a certain time are to be protected?

no no, what I'm saying is that real furs that are old, from a time before people had a very high awareness of how animals are treated for the acquisition of these furs and such things, those are fine...but why create new ones? if you have old furs in your closet, wear them. But why produce and buy new ones? That is all I am saying.
I am not even personally against the fur thing. I was just making a comment based on POPULAR opinions expressed in the media. It seems to me that a public figure would know better than to create a media stir and would, therefore, not do something that always provokes these things. Look how much we've been talking about it, it is evidence of that.
So while I am not personally against it, I do think it is rather stupid for any public figure who claims to want peace, yet does these provoking things.

Kate is not anyone important right now. Who cares if she wore fur. She is not a public figure, she is just prince williams girlfriend.

Hey guys
I have a doubt
Kate's name is "Katherine Elizabeth Middleton"(by wikipedia) or Kate Shane Middleton(by other site)
??????? anyone knows?:(

Katherine Elizabeth Middleton! Kate Shane Middleton is someone from the US (Kentucky I believe...) Thank GOD we're back on a topic related to Kate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom