Kate Middleton Current Events 3: October-December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldiebutgoodie said:
True, I guess that with me the reason why I don’t care for Kate much is that other women have had to put up with the press when dating their prince, so why not Kate?

Just because other women had to put up with it, it's hardly a reason to discredit Kate, don't you think?

Not all of William's girlfriends are going to be treated equally by the press or by William because they're all different people and William was at a different time of his life with each one.

People learn and grow, especially a young man in his twenties.

ysbel said:
Just because other women had to put up with it, it's hardly a reason to discredit Kate, don't you think?

Not all of William's girlfriends are going to be treated equally by the press or by William because they're all different people and William was at a different time of his life with each one.

People learn and grow, especially a young man in his twenties.

I think that you and I are just going to have to agree to disagree with this, because I still don't think that Kate should be given any special privileges, especially if the taxpayers have to pay for whatever special treatment that Kate might be given. William doesn't have access to his bank accounts until he is 25, so I don't think that this money will be coming from him. And he's been denied obtaining access to his accounts twice now, so I don't think it's going to happen in the near future.

And William is older now yes, but he also knows that the press are going to be on him now that he's done with school, and you can bet that Kate knew this was going to happen as well, so she shouldn't have acted so surprised. Every other prince and princess has had to face the problems that William is facing, and Harry even has had to face the problems much worse than what William is facing.

So, if anyone can give me one good reason why William should be treated differently than Harry or any other royal family member, please tell me? Maybe you'll help convince me otherwise, but as far as I can tell... other men and women that are heir to the thrones are doing just fine, especially the ones that have inherited the throne from an unusual death of their parent. So, I just don't understand this until someone has a good reason why William and Kate should be treated differently than anyone else. It just doesn't make any sense to me is all I'm trying to say. ;)

oldiebutgoodie said:
So, I just don't understand this until someone has a good reason why William and Kate should be treated differently than anyone else. It just doesn't make any sense to me is all I'm trying to say. ;)
I thought the point was that Kate wished to be treated like everyone else and protect her right to privacy. Just because she is dating a Prince doesn't mean she automatically forfeits these rights. If there is a legal protection of these rights then she is as entitled to claim such protection under the law as anyone else. No "special treatment" in that, surely.

Warren said:
I thought the point was that Kate wished to be treated like everyone else and protect her right to privacy. Just because she is dating a Prince doesn't mean she automatically forfeits these rights. If there is a legal protection of these rights then she is as entitled to claim such protection under the law as anyone else. No "special treatment" in that, surely.

True, but all of the other girls that have been linked to William should have been given the same rights, not just Kate. William should have spoken up for Anna, but didn't. And she was in a much worse position than Kate has ever been in. Chelsy should be given protection as well, because she was chased everywhere including being chased in a car that she and Harry were in. So, all I'm trying to say is that if they are going to protect one person, then they should protect everyone... including Chelsy and not just Kate.

Oh no not another poster who attacks Kate because of something Chelsey is not getting. It's not Kate and Wiliams's fault if Chelsey is not getting protection! It's not Kate and William's fault that the press is hard on Chelsey and Harry! I'm so fed up by those posters who "travels"around the royal message baords with this message: "Poor Chelsey, she is such a wonderful person being so misunderstood, while Kate is evil, using the press, Prince William, the Royal family etc to get what she wants. She loves attention but asks for protection.."

Anna?? Why on earth should anyone representing the royal family speak up for her??????? You are obviously from the USA. Thinking an American would ever marry PW! Dreaming about it are you??
Other girls in Kate's position? No, none so far! As a taxpayer I am willing to pay for the protection of PW's girlfriend but not for any other girl mentioned in the press a couple of times.

And don't mention other crown princes. They have behaved in very much the same way as PW. Their girlfriends have had protection and they have asked for the press to give them privacy. Many times, in alsmost every interview they give.

Leave PW and Kate alone, and go somewhere and make a shrine for someone you like! (Chelsey and Anna??)

Last edited:
Let's not get into country-bashing. We're talking about Kate Middleton and Prince William. Please leave the USA out of this.

This isn't a forum for building a shrine to people you like. Both postive and negative opinions are welcome on this board as long as everyone treats each other with respect. Just plain royal bashing though is offensive .

ysbel
British forums moderator

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie said:
So, if anyone can give me one good reason why William should be treated differently than Harry or any other royal family member, please tell me? It just doesn't make any sense to me is all I'm trying to say. ;)

Well, would it make more sense to say he's heir to the throne? William is never going to be treated just like Harry. That's the way royalty works. It's not a very egalitarian institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom