Kate Middleton Current Events 14: November-December 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CasiraghiTrio said:
Oh my! Thanks for this one, very much, what a lovely, charming picture....She rather looks, dare I say it........ like a blushing bride! Damn Fleet Street, I think they've succeeded....I'm infected with .........

Royal Wedding Fever!!!! :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Calm down! :lol: , take a deep breath...!

She is just laughing at the way she has kept everyone guessing about her job and what she has been doing with her time!

She is thinking to herself, 1. The 'leak' worked, 2. That got them all excited, 3. Nah, nah de nah! :ROFLMAO:

regardez said:
Thank you for the pictures. What is she carrying? Is that for her job?

Speculating....
She goes inside ???? carrying nothing except her keys and her purse, comes out with a small package, crosses the street to...a sock store? Then she goes into the dry cleaning. Then she comes out of dry cleaners with....her clothing that she had cleaned, and a small shopping bag that she presumbably came from the ?sock? store.
Next story from the Daily Mail?
Kate the Great what has she purchased now? For William, will it be socks for Christmas? If so, she's a deadringer for Christmas at Sandringham, where socks and shampoo make a typical family exchange. :rolleyes:

CasiraghiTrio said:
This is all I could find about the Mustique house:
HIBISCUS John and Belle Robinson: Hibiscus is the five-bedroom bolt hole of Jigsaw clothing-chain tycoon John Robinson and his wife Belle. This secluded villa has one of the best locations on the island with its wonderful view of Macaroni Beach. Perhaps this is why local fashion designer Lotty Bunbury arranged for Prince William and Kate Middleton to stay here on their recent romantic break. During his holiday, the future King enjoyed several energetic sets of tennis with Virgin boss Richard Branson. Source: Evening Standard, Nicky Haslam, 2 June 2006

I think this was the article i was talking about:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=385384&in_page_id=1770

(although i'm sure there was one where Belle Robinson said something about it) But in any case if Mr Robinson didn't know William then he would have said i know Kate but he didn't.

Skydragon said:
Calm down! :lol: , take a deep breath...!

She is just laughing at the way she has kept everyone guessing about her job and what she has been doing with her time!

She is thinking to herself, 1. The 'leak' worked, 2. That got them all excited, 3. Nah, nah de nah! :ROFLMAO:
Well let us not forget that she's only been employed at Jigsaw for a few weeks. This is something she could have done in the first place. Setting up your children's clothing website doesn't take the amount of time she decided not to work a full-time job. And the boss of the company knows the Prince of Wales.;) But yes, it's great she has a job now.
:flowers:

gabby_windsor said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=385384&in_page_id=1770

(although i'm sure there was one where Belle Robinson said something about it) But in any case if Mr Robinson didn't know William then he would have said i know Kate but he didn't.

Ahh, the Mail! :lol: Why should he have to say he knows anyone. Did you want him to say, well, I don't really know William or Catherine but, I know their parents? Why do some think that anyone would want to 'confess all' to the Mail? :rolleyes:

I expect she has had plenty of buying practise and of course learning some tricks of the trade from her parents!

Laviollette said:
Well let us not forget that she's only been employed at Jigsaw for a few weeks. This is something she could have done in the first place. Setting up your children's clothing website doesn't take the amount of time she decided not to work a full-time job. And the boss of the company knows the Prince of Wales.;) But yes, it's great she has a job now.
:flowers:

As I keep asking you, where is your evidence that she has not been employed or training, before this announcement? :bang:

Skydragon said:
As I keep asking you, where is your evidence that she has not been employed or training, before this announcement? :bang:
They announced it after The Sun tabloid broke the story. They followed her as tabloids do which is why I always believed that where ever or how ever she started working the press would find out in a short time--3 weeks isn't long when compared to 18 months.

Does it really matter anyway? She's all but a sure thing to marry William right? This week's US People magazine all but tells us.:rolleyes: Doesn't seem to matter that William's not ready. Oh no, it's just a smoke screen when he says he wants to wait until he's 28 or even 30. She's one the, period. Not a question of if but when. I think I'll stick with Princess Mary as my fav princess.:)

Laviollette said:
They announced it after The Sun tabloid broke the story. They followed her as tabloids do which is why I always believed that where ever or how ever she started working the press would find out in a short time--3 weeks isn't long when compared to 18 months.

There has been no announcement that Catherine has not been employed since leaving uni!

Can you say with absolute certainty that Catherine has not been employed by her parents company, whilst learning the ropes? :rolleyes:

Do you really believe that the Sun broke anything, they were probably notified because Catherine wanted it that way! ;)

It doesn't seem to matter whether she has been employed or not since leaving university. The drooling press will continue her and William's march to the alter. Good for England. Whatever.:angel:

Laviollette said:
It doesn't seem to matter whether she has been employed or not since leaving university. The drooling press will continue her and William's march to the alter. Good for England. Whatever.:angel:

Well I guess that shows the reasoning behind many internet forums who have been very critical of Kate.

The harsh criticisms in the forums balance out the drooling in the press.

And still what I find funny is that after all that has been written both pro and con, we really know so little. :lol:

Skydragon said:
I expect she has had plenty of buying practise and of course learning some tricks of the trade from her parents!

Being a buyer is such a normal job. I can't emphasize enough how amazed I am that she has this very normal job for a person her age and with her qualifications. Most employers want their buyers to have a college degree, even though the job is really easy to learn and they like to hire in the 20-25 age group. It's so common that I have no doubt, in fact I am pretty certain that many of YOU reading these forums are buyers. It's just one of those really typical jobs for her age group who have at least a four-year degree, at least this is the case in the US. It's very unglamorous too and does not normally require travel because most companies, at least the biggest ones, would have buyers in all of their branches.
It's a good job, especially if you have the right attitude and think positively, you can make it loads of fun and maybe turn it into something great!
But without trying to get into Cat's head, I am just taking a shot in the dark by assuming she has taken this job not because she needs a job or needs money, but just because it helps her parents' friends, it gets her out of the house for a few hours, and it "keeps her honest," if you will.
So this just amazes me more because, for a job that just passes time, how amazing that she didn't take what was surely on the table: a glamorous, cool job like Associate Fashion Editor at some awesome Conde Nast magazine or like Sophie Rhys-Jones, a PR job!
Catherine has taken the Humble Road Less Traveled, at least in her circles, and gone for a job anyone her age and with her qualifications might have.
She chooses old family friends over "prestige," But ignore me if you don't want to be infected with my very advanced stage of Royal Wedding Fever! I warn you, it's highly contagious! :lol:

I thought Jigsaw would have had to say "no comment" to the press, good press for them but think they should not have made any comment about Kate.

EmmieLou said:
I thought Jigsaw would have had to say "no comment" to the press, good press for them but think they should not have made any comment about Kate.
Good point. How times have changed.;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
Catherine has taken the Humble Road Less Traveled, at least in her circles, and gone for a job anyone her age and with her qualifications might have.

actually Catherine's uni degree doesn't qualify her for this type of position at all. being a buyer is a job that you don't just hand out to anyone and you have to work your way up to it. speaking from experience, i'd say she's probably an assistant, which is fine. i agree with you and like the fact that she's taken a perfectly normal job. :flowers:

CasiraghiTrio said:
But ignore me if you don't want to be infected with my very advanced stage of Royal Wedding Fever! I warn you, it's highly contagious! :lol:

We could never ignore you! :flowers: We don't always agree but, you do write such interesting pieces. If you are getting excited now, what are you going to be like IF an announcement is made!:w00t2: :stuart:

I hope that a royal engagement is announced soon. Kate has very good qualities as far as being a future queen. I think she took that job to keep busy and she just seems like such a down to earth girl and I think she is perfect for William. Ialso have wedding fever!

I wonder why people pressure so much for them? For their engagement and marriage? They're young.

I wonder why people pressure so much for them? For their engagement and marriage? They're young.

I so agree with this statement. William is young and stubborn. I hope that he sticks to his guns and does what is right for himself and whatever life partner HE chooses, not the palace bureacracy or the "drooling press"!!!!

I tell you I for one would be extremely disappointed if they got engaged right now. He's just graduating Sandhurst and must do a tour of military duty. That's a hard way to start a marriage.

If Kate is the one, I hope William gives the marriage a chance of success and waits till his tour is finished and he can concentrate on married life.

Incas said:
KATE AND WILLS FUEL BRIDE TALK
PRINCE William and his girlfriend Kate Middleton made their first public appearance together at Sandringam this weekend - fuelling rumours they will announce their engagement soon.
http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=kate-and-wills-fuel-bride-talk-%26method=full%26objectid=18199401%26siteid=62484-name_page.html

Picking up 'dead birds' is the first step in becoming Queen and ticking off animal activists!:lol:

ANGER AT SHOOTING FAN KATE

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=anger-at-shooting-fan-kate-&method=full&objectid=18203834&siteid=94762-name_page.html

Last edited:
HRH Kimetha said:
Picking up 'dead birds' is the first step in becoming Queen and ticking off animal activists!:lol:

It's when she starts snapping their necks! :lol:

Warren said:
Any pics? :D

Whose necks though, the birds, animal activists, the royals or all her critics? :ROFLMAO:

Oh boy, if it's true she's at Sandringham picking up the fallen birds, uh huh, they will be engaged soon. When Diana started helping the Queen and Princess Royal pick up the dead birds, engagement was just around the corner.

I have to agree with the animal activists though. I am disappointed that Catherine gives her support for a very sick, twisted idea of fun: shooting birds. Shooting animals for sport is not right. If the royals were starving, that would be different, but they just do it for kicks. Looks like catherine is just going to join the cruelty, take the easy road, not try to make any difference. I will always love this family but I am never going to accept their liking of these blood sports.

Duchess said:
actually Catherine's uni degree doesn't qualify her for this type of position at all. being a buyer is a job that you don't just hand out to anyone and you have to work your way up to it. speaking from experience, i'd say she's probably an assistant, which is fine. i agree with you and like the fact that she's taken a perfectly normal job. :flowers:

Right, the art history degree specifically doesn't fit. I just meant her bachelor's degree gives her the qualification, because at least in the US, companies just want their buyers to have a four year degree. They generally don't care what the degree is in. I guess they just want to make sure their buyers have good grammar and stuff, can add up basic math or something. ;)

Rubbish, I have always heard the Royals eat what they kill and I can't imagine William does it any different. If they do eat what they kill I have no reservations about it.

lord_rankin said:
Rubbish, I have always heard the Royals eat what they kill and I can't imagine William does it any different. If they do eat what they kill I have no reservations about it.

Of course they eat what they kill. I always knew that. Everyone knows that. They always do. What I meant was, they don't need it for subsistence. There's plenty for them to eat without killing things. If it was for survival, that would be the only excuse. That is the only justification, period.

Skydragon said:
It's when she starts snapping their necks! :lol:

ewwwww... My opinions on this are better placed in the animal rights thread. But ewww...

Don't they have people to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom