Kate Middleton Current Events 13: November 5-28, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BeatrixFan said:
We can be sure of that. It's the Queen's policy that Christmas is a strictly family affair. Camilla and Charles were companions for years after 1997 and she wasn't invited until she was married. Sophie Wessex and Edward were courting for a long time but Sophie wasn't invited until she was married. It's strictly a family affair - thats how the Queen likes it. She won't change the habits of a lifetime for William.

many things have changed in the last decade that people said would NEVER happen. charles and diana divorcing, charles and camilla marrying, etc. never say never.

This isn't a birth, a marriage or a death - this is a tradition. It's always been that way and the Queen certainly won't change her family traditions to accomodate the very tiny section of the public who are currently obssessed with a certain girl. Look at it this way - Kate and William are courting. The Sun and The Daily Mail are pushing out engagement rumours just like they did with Charles and Amanda Knatchbull and Princess Marie-Astrid and a whole string of others. There is no indication that they will marry. The Queen doesn't let strangers in on the family. Every precedent and known trait of the Queen's christmas would 100% lead us to assume that Kate will not be there for Chrismas Day. We don't even know that the Queen has met Kate Middleton yet. The Queen won't let William's whim intrude on her day - why should she? Well, we'll see but I hope you're not all too crushed when your Di Mark II isn't breaking bread with Lillibet on Christmas Day.

Thank-you guys for the warm welcome.:flowers:
I agree. It is difficult to decide.:)

If they allowed Kate to go have dinner with the royals. Harry's gf, Peter's gf, Zara's bf, would all need to be invited as well.

I am sure we will never know who really attended. Unless Buckingham Palace releases the names of the guests...which I doubt.

But it should be noted that Peter's girlfriend accompanied the family when they did the cruise this summer. And there were definitely pictures of that! Its not Christmas at Sandringham....but it has happened. I am not sure if Mike has met the Queen in an informal manner...I know he was present when the team (rugby wasn't it) was honored at the Palace.

So then after William and Kate graduated Sandhurst, that means the Queen NEVER met Kate's parents that day, William & Kate NEVER prepared a lunch at their home for them; and Kate, as widely reported, NEVER introduced her parents to the Queen and Prince Phillip. As a matter of fact, Kate has NEVER met Prince Charles either. :rolleyes:

I very much DOUBT the Queen will turn her nose up to her grandson's beloved girlfriend, just because she doesn't measure up to anonymous cyberspace snobbery and stuffed shirt tradition.:rolleyes:

Oh please - the Queen didn't mingle at their graduation from St Andrews at all. And what have the parents got to do with it. I've never heard about a lunch prepared for the Queen by Will and Kate. This is all tabloid rumour you're going on, rather than hard researched fact. We know what the Queen is like about her traditions. The Queen's children can request certain things. They've worked hard for over 30 years and they've earned their place. What has William done? And how do we know that this is Williams beloved girlfriend? Why on earth would the Queen want to fill her Christmas Day with strangers - she meets enough strangers throughout the year. An 80 year old monarch of over 50 years isn't going to kow-tow to William's every whim. Do you honestly expect us to believe that William asked the Queen if Kate could come for Christmas and she accepted when she doesn't even know the girl and the Palace are trying to play down the engagement rumours? Honestly. Some people are so naive.

And some people are the masters of denial. Whatever. Queen Catherine by way of Princess Catherine. Get used to it.:lol:

Would you two turn the heat down a bit, please? Honestly, wherever I go on this forum today, people are at daggers drawn about things which may or may not happen in the future, often based on articles in the Daily Mail, which isn't necessarily the world's most reliable source. What is the point of a battle to the death over something that, if we wait a few weeks, we'll get the answer to anyway?

Elspeth said:
Would you two turn the heat down a bit, please? Honestly, wherever I go on this forum today, people are at daggers drawn about things which may or may not happen in the future, often based on articles in the Daily Mail, which isn't necessarily the world's most reliable source. What is the point of a battle to the death over something that, if we wait a few weeks, we'll get the answer to anyway?

I suspect the problem is that we are getting no news about what actually IS happening with Kate. This is a discussion list, and we have nothing real to discuss in this thread about Kate's current events, so we speculate about what MIGHT be happening. :) A bunch of interested people with active minds and no news! Dangerous combination. :ROFLMAO:

I don't think there is any real interest in Kate generally. She doesn't make the cover of many magazines and tabloids because she doesn't sell. I think what some of us respond negatively to is this 'Kate is perfect' crap. And while we don't know much about her, we know that her relationship with William has hit a couple of rough patches in its short life and they are by no means ready for marriage.

I'm not seeing much in the way of "Kate is perfect" around here. Most people acknowledge they don't know enough about her to know whether she's perfect or not.

Elspeth said:
I'm not seeing much in the way of "Kate is perfect" around here. Most people acknowledge they don't know enough about her to know whether she's perfect or not.

Yes, I'm not seeing much of it either.

Last edited:
As for the christmas invitation - many families here in Germany are very traditionalist and conservatve either. If you want to spend christmas together with your girlfriend at either family, your relationship must be very, very serious, otherwise it is seen as an intrusion of one's privacy.

I don't think that the queen will invite either Kate or Chelsy. I guess at her age and with her upbringing she knows very well that youngsters, even when they are madly in love, can live for the christmas days without each other. Especially when they are inofficially living together anyway. And then there's always New Year's Eve where people are less formal and attend parties. Kate and William will have enough opportunities to see each other.

I'M with Beatrixfan here - if Kate turns up for christmas with the queen, there will be an announcement as well. And I don't see that coming soon.

Laviollette said:
I don't think there is any real interest in Kate generally. She doesn't make the cover of many magazines and tabloids because she doesn't sell. I think what some of us respond negatively to is this 'Kate is perfect' crap. And while we don't know much about her, we know that her relationship with William has hit a couple of rough patches in its short life and they are by no means ready for marriage.

Catherine isn't on many covers purely because she is a private, well mannered girl, who doesn't seek the limelight and who doesn't spend her time (that we know of) ripping people, she doesn't know, apart on forums! We don't know that she is not perfect, then again we don't know that she is.

As for the 'rough patches', (in youth speak), in your dreams! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
That didn't stop mag covers of Jackie O., Princess Caroline who was a virtual recluse for years, or her daughter Charlotte who's never even opened her mouth to the press or dated someone famous.

And it's true that William and Kate have had at least 2 breakups, one of them around the summer of 2004 just six months after they started dating steadily.

Why is it that we can believe that Kate will be going to Sandringham for Christmas as reported by the Daily Mail but we can't believe the break-up stories also reported by it and other tabloids?

Last edited:
lord_rankin said:
BeatrixFan it seems you stand corrected. Tradition looks as though it has
been tossed out of the proverbial window.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/11/27/william-kate/

How's that? The article says:

According to the Mail On Sunday Kate has yet to accept the prestigious invitation and must decide whether to miss her own family's celebrations at the Middleton home in Berkshire.

A spokesman for Clarence House refused to confirm the report: "Christmas plans are being discussed, but we do not discuss Royal guests."

So it's still the here discussed quote by the Mail and nothing new form official sources...

Laviollette said:
Why is it that we can believe that Kate will be going to Sandringham for Christmas as reported by the Daily Mail but we can't believe the break-up stories also reported by it and other tabloids?

Why is it that some members here don't believe the Christmas story and don't believe the break-up stories either? Because there are quite some members here who don't believe in tabloid stories at all as long as they are not supported by reliable sources or even facts.

Laviollette said:
That didn't stop mag covers of Jackie O., Princess Caroline who has been a virtual recluse for years, or her daughter Charlotte who's never even opened her mouth to the press or dated someone famous.
And it's true that William and Kate have had at least 2 breakups, one of them around the summer of 2004 just six months after they started dating steadily.

Jackie Kennedy was famous because she attended many functions with her then husband, John. She dropped off the radar here after she married the oil chap, Onassis.

Caroline was constantly in the media as a younger girl, normally for one disaster after another, as for her children, I think you will find they along with their mother, attend many high profile events. Which is why they are seen on magazine covers, to say that Caroline is a virtual recluse, is yet another statement that is wrong. I suggest you look here, it might help you get at least one thing right.

The other thing you are missing, is that these women were born into a royal family, do we see their boyfriends/girlfriends vilified, do we see pictures of them?

I have searched back through all the threads and have been unable to find any statement from Catherine, William or any named 'source' that confirms that they have had a break up. :ermm:

Last edited:
exactly, Clarence House said it does not discuss Royal guests so we are never gonna get a confirmation. My lord it's just a story nothing to get up in arms about.

Well it's a story that comes out on Hola Magazine and I belive this magazine is a very prestige one and only publish news that are real!

biboquinhas said:
Well it's a story that comes out on Hola Magazine and I belive this magazine is a very prestige one and only publish news that are real!

The thing is that all of them quote the Mail. They don't have other sources but the Mail. And the mail is not exactly a very credible source.

Amidst speculations whether Kate Middleton is or is not invited to spend the Christmas with the Royal Family, it’s time to close this thread.
The new thread can be found here.

Thanks to everyone, who contributed to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom