Kate Middleton Current Events 11: July-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TonyaR said:
Then we could all receive "Royalties" :ROFLMAO:!

Has this ever been done before?

Has a book about the romance between a royal and his or her (respective) girlfriend or boyfriend been released prior to any official engagement announcements being made? This seems highly unusual to me.

Yeah, what's more unsual is that the BRF has not said anything since the announcement of the book came? :rolleyes:

Laraib said:
Yeah, what's more unsual is that the BRF has not said anything since the announcement of the book came? :rolleyes:

Why is it unusual for the BRF not to comment on a book published about one of their members? It would be most unusual if there WAS a comment.

TonyaR said:
Has this ever been done before?

Has a book about the romance between a royal and his or her (respective) girlfriend or boyfriend been released prior to any official engagement announcements being made?

Yes. "Sophie's Kiss: The True Love Story of Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones" by Garth Gibbs and Sean Smith; published July 1 1997 by Blake Publishing Ltd.

selrahc4 said:
Yes. "Sophie's Kiss: The True Love Story of Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys-Jones" by Garth Gibbs and Sean Smith; published July 1 1997 by Blake Publishing Ltd.
Selrahc4,

Thanks for the information, I never heard about that book:) .

Since Edward did marry Sophie, publishing a book prior to the announcement of their engagement ended well, but I'm thinking the situation was different from the Prince William and Kate situation.

Edward had all but declared himself, he and Sophie had been together almost 6 years. (As a matter of fact, didn't they live together? I can't remember.)

Anyway, the person publishing the book on William and Kate is taking a big chance at looking silly because of the title.
I do like Kate a lot, but I think the title is very presumptuous.:wacko:

How do you feel about it?

TonyaR said:
Selrahc4,

I do like Kate a lot, but I think the title is very presumptuous.:wacko:

How do you feel about it?

I agree. The words "the Romance That Will Change the Monarchy" are ridiculous. It makes it sound like some great dramatic difference would be made in the way the monarchy works. I can't imagine it would change very much.

soCal girl said:
If they don't get married, it's going to be kind of weird for William's future wife to have a biography of an ex-girlfriend floating around titled William's Princess. :wacko:

And just imagine how weird it would be for Ms. Middleton having such a book floating about when she would be about tobecome just plain Mrs. Bobby Smith.

How silly, Kate seems like a nice girl but hardly the type of girl who would or even could change the monarchy. This guys just trying to make some money.

TonyaR said:
Then we could all receive "Royalties" :ROFLMAO:!
And, our own "Titles" :lol:

Princejohnny25 said:
How silly, Kate seems like a nice girl but hardly the type of girl who would or even could change the monarchy. This guys just trying to make some money.
So, he'll be trying to dig up 'anything' even the most miniscule thing to fill that book on a 24 year old who has just begun to live. Perhaps most of the book will be on William and a quarter of it on Kate and almost all of it a rehash of what is already known, but consolidated. In fact, he may be monitoring this little forum now to get most of his material. :ohmy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Better this forum than any of the others. To read the other royal forums I've visited you'd think Kate was Satan's spawn!

Chiyo said:
Better this forum than any of the others. To read the other royal forums I've visited you'd think Kate was Satan's spawn!
Chiyo,

That is funny!! :lol:

I think a lot of the other forums talk about Kate negatively because there hasn't been any talk in the media of her currently working, and all of the photos we've seen of her lately have been taken at William's polo matches.

Since the media slants things to the perspective they want to present, we actually have NO way of knowing what she does on a daily basis, Monday through Friday.

She could actually be working on the business she's trying to get off the ground!

Most of the pictures seen of her this summer have been taken on the weekends; I haven't seen many photos of her shopping during the week, and I'm sure she doesn't just stay shut up in her apartments all week long.

Anyway, I like Kate. I think has a good head on her shoulders and if they actually stay together, she might just be very good for Prince William.

I hope this silly, tabloid journalist book doesn't cause people to turn on Kate.

Poor woman,not yet a royal,and made already 11 threads in less than one year,i won't like to be at her place,at times medias presure is unsupportable.

TonyaR said:
Chiyo, That is funny!! :lol:
I think a lot of the other forums talk about Kate negatively because there hasn't been any talk in the media of her currently working, and all of the photos we've seen of her lately have been taken at William's polo matches...
Can you imagine if you were Kate and coming to this forum and finding out that you aren't doing much except going shopping, bars and polo watching because else is being seen of her doing anything else because of media intrusion? She probably does work behind the scenes in developing her 'business' whatever that may be. Perhaps her parents are helping her out in that, so that she can still be productive should she marry a prince. But, everything is mere speculation on our part. If I was in her shoes, I know I needed to keep busy especially after all the money was spent in an education and with a family that are entrepenuers (sp?). And, with my beau separated from me during much of the week, I would definitely need to stay busy. Being young can make a heart really ache when your sweetheart isn't around.:sad:

TamaraKhan said:
Poor woman,not yet a royal,and made already 11 threads in less than one year,i won't like to be at her place,at times medias presure is unsupportable.

I think there are many reasons as to why she has reached 11 threads. First of there OBVIOUSLY is more attention given to her due to the fact she someones girlfriend. Secondly, I think she has been given a lot more media attention due to the same fact hence our curiosty. I don't remember any other girlfriend of any other royal getting this much attention. (the woman has a book:wacko: )

You know I've heard this many times. "Maybe she IS doing something..." I know we have been down this road sooooo many times but just one thought. If the press has been able to find out where she lives, what her moms profession was BEFORE the family opened the buisness etc. Don't you think they might have figured out if she works?:rolleyes: Oh well, it's all speculation, right?

And also the fact that she is under intense media scrutiny. (can't spell:blush: )

Kate has been dating PRINCE william for what, about five years now? I think she has been given a lot of space considering who she is dating. I haven't still heard of a case where she had to come out of Wal-Mart under a blanket from all the attention. I do agree with you. She DOES have a lot pressure on her but I think that's part of the package. I don't believe William is bringing her into this whole media circus with her shouting and crying. Like people say, she is a smart girl with a good head on her shoulders. She knows what she is doing.:) Oh well, just my opinon.:)

Presumably Kate and Prince William have discussed her situation, and she's living her life at the moment in a way that's been decided upon by the two of them. Presumably Prince William is also getting advice from Prince Charles and the Queen about his life and his future. I really doubt that Kate would be going about her life in a way that William disapproved of, as long as they've been together for so long. So the disapproval of people on this board and in the newspapers really isn't especially relevant to them.

Elspeth said:
Presumably Kate and Prince William have discussed her situation, and she's living her life at the moment in a way that's been decided upon by the two of them. Presumably Prince William is also getting advice from Prince Charles and the Queen about his life and his future. I really doubt that Kate would be going about her life in a way that William disapproved of, as long as they've been together for so long. So the disapproval of people on this board and in the newspapers really isn't especially relevant to them.

I agree. When you're in a relationship that long it's natural to discuss everything about life...even if it's about the way you are leading your life. I'm sure Kate and William have discussed jobs, and living arrangements, and the social scene around the UK, and have come to an adult decision together. Even if that weren't normal in relationships, when anything Kate does reflects on William (in a sense), it would seem common sense for the two to talk about everything.

I also agree that the title of the book pushes the idea of a marriage and is premature. But at the same time, even if William and Kate decided to end the relationship, the title could be accurate. Quite a lot was made of how Diana changed the British monarchy and that is true to a certain extent. But THIS romance is the one that I think really has changed the British monarchy, mostly in how people DON'T make it such a huge issue that they are living together. In years past, people spoke around Margaret's relationship with Roddy Llewelyn and much was made of the Diana's fertility examination that implied that she was also a virgin. Even Fergie's lack of virginal status was an issue during her engagement. Those discussions aren't even a part of the rhetoric with Kate and William. So in that respect, their relationship is the one that is different

Mapper

Hereditary Mapmaker said:
I Quite a lot was made of how Diana changed the British monarchy and that is true to a certain extent. But THIS romance is the one that I think really has changed the British monarchy,

Mapper

I'm probably being picky on this point, but I don't see either Diana or Kate changing "the monarchy". Instead, one could say there was a change in the public's expectations of royal behavior when performing public engagements. However, there has been no "change" in the monarch's function as Head of State, as a functional part of the government or other institutions such as the Law and the Church. To me, that is "the monarchy". I realize it's semantics, but I'd feel more comfortable with a more accurate term in describing the effect that some people have had.

kate and chelsy cover of hello magazine

0931coverbig.jpg

KATE AND CHELSY Following in the footsteps of Diana and Sarah - are they princesses in waiting?

Kate does seem to have a good head on her soulders and I honestly wouldn't expect them to ve gettin engaged any time soon. As long as Kate and will are going out it will be on the back of everyone's minds. "Is she the ONE? Is she right for him? Will it work? Will it last?" No doubt the two of them have thought about the topic but I figure the longer they put off an engagement the better. William is what? 23? I still see 25 as a bit young to just rush into a marriage with anyone so I think them just living together is the next best step. They are definitely getting serious because when you have your girl friend move in with you especially if you are royalty.....that is serious.

Originally posted by Wilton at The British Royals Message Board

http://www.wargs.com/royal/kate.html

It is a geneology of Kate, and if you read towards the end it shows how she is related to William (12th cousins)

It appears she is spending some time in Scotland with the rest of the Windsor family.

Prince William's Girlfriend To Go On Holiday With Royal Family

Mary K. Brunskill - All Headline News Staff Writer
London, England (AHN) - The girlfriend of Britain's Prince William has returned from a holiday in the Caribbean to join the British royal family at Balmoral castle.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004531254

HRH Kimetha said:
It appears she is spending some time in Scotland with the rest of the Windsor family.

Mary K. Brunskill - All Headline News Staff Writer
London, England (AHN) - The girlfriend of Britain's Prince William has returned from a holiday in the Caribbean to join the British royal family at Balmoral castle.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7004531254
I don't know about you, but this makes me think that the Queen actually does approve of Kate.

It also makes me think that William might just want to marry Kate, but I don't know enough about royal protocol etc. to say that for sure.

Does the Queen normally holiday at Balmoral with the girlfriends/boyfriends of her grandchildren (I know Peter Phillips' girlfriend went with HM and family on the trip to the outer Hebrides, but supposedly he is going to marry her also)?

HRH Kimetha said:
Iam kinda confused. What is she joining them for?:ermm:

Kate looks so beautiful these days.

Laraib, for a Summer Holyday I guess. :)

Oppie said:
It is a geneology of Kate, and if you read towards the end it shows how she is related to William (12th cousins)
It makes me laugh. Why many people don't want to accept the fact that she is a commoner.

I don't think that was the point, it is always intersting to know who these people are related to. They did the same thing for Diana, Sarah and Sophie (although I don't know if it is online). Also I guess that if your family has always lived in GB you are somehow related to each other. She clearly is a commonor, just a few people in her family married up.

I think that's not fair to judge people because of their ancestors - good or bad, noble or commoners. We should concentrate on a person, to look at achievements. I think many aristocrats priviledged by birth are just creeps. I'm sorry for Kate Middleton - maybe one day she will be William's wife, but for many (especially British aristocracy, but not only) - she will never be good enough. She don't have this "thing". She is not like Lady Elisabeth Bowes-Lyon or Lady Diana Spencer. She is just plain Kate.

HRH Kimetha said:
Well I don't know about you but my thoughts are out until I see actual pictures of her with the royal family. There has also been reports of Charles building a cottage on his property for William and Kate which looks untrue since she is still living in her apartment on her own. We have no way of knowing if this is true and that she's joined the family in Balmoral. I'll believe it when I see it. And as for those marriage rumors, that's what they are right now, rumors, I don't think William will propose before Christmas. I think he knows he's too young right now. Poor Kate can't even go on a vacation with her family without the press speculating on these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom