General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I came from, Detroit, not only was Halloween a big night but also Devil's Night the night before. Parents would even take their children out in groups up and down the block soaping windows and people played harmless pranks on each other. Over the years, it did really get out of hand and Detroit would look like a war zone on that night of the year.

I like your idea of a costume Skippyboo! Of course Uncle Harry would insist on getting in on the act there somewhere.
I had a friend from Illinois that shared Devil's Night stories with us.

For their Halloween show, one of the hosts of Good Morning America dressed as Prince George.

Instagram

I watched the video of the GMA Halloween costume reveal. It was Dancing with the Stars theme so you had a dancer and celebrity. Lara Spencer's Prince George was very cute and no way mean spirited. The Today Show in 2011 did the whole royal wedding for Halloween with bad hat wearing York sisters, Pippa and the Queen with corgis.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

For our Brits out there, is trick or treating a thing in the UK? It's a big deal in the US. In my head, I'm seeing George in a dragon costume with a Knight in Armor on Lupo's back trick or treat at KP. Knocking on Uncle Harry's door, stopping by Rebecca's and Miguel's offices, etc.

In my area (Greater London), trick-or-treating and the whole concept of Halloween is quite a big thing. I went to my relatives house to assist my little cousins with trick-or-treating, and we bumped into a number of other trick-or-treaters along the way. I've heard that it's more of a thing in urban areas though, as in rural areas it takes quite a while to get to all the houses as there are obstacles such as fields and rivers in the way.

Prince William spent a fortnight living and working incognito in one of Britain's most splendid stately homes, a new memoir has revealed.
Nearly a decade after his Downton Abbey-style exploits, the Prince's days dressed in overalls and eating fish and chips with fellow housemen and joiners at Chatsworth House, in Derbyshire, have been revealed.
In Chatsworth: The Housekeeper's Tale, Christine Robinson revealed stories from her 40 years working at the country estate.

What would Lord Grantham say? Prince William's days as 'below stairs' help at real-life Downton revealed in new memoir | Daily Mail Online

Prince William did work experience at Chatsworth House - hellomagazine.com
A new memoir has revealed how Prince William completed a stint of work at Chatsworth House, almost ten years ago.

The second-in-line to the throne was 23 at the time, when he was tasked with working around the Derbyshire estate – making sausage rolls and mince pies, and doing manual labour with the rest of the joiners.

The stately home, which features in Keira Knightley's 2005 film Pride and Prejudice, is the seat of the Duke of Devonshire and has been home to the Cavendish family since 1549.

Kate was seen shopping for her kitchens today:

1. Anouska A ‏@TheGiltList 2 h2 ore fa
    #KateMiddleton #PeterJones Wow! Just been shopping in the kitchen Dept with Kate! Very low key and normal! Nice black sheepskin coat!
    0 risposte 8 Retweet 3 preferiti

2. livelovelaughvr ‏@livelovelaughvr 2 h2 ore fa
    @TheGiltList awesome! What else was she wearing, please? :)
    0 risposte 0 Retweet 1 preferito

Anouska A ‏@TheGiltList

@livelovelaughvr she wore a red patterned knee length dress, black knee high boots and a knee length fitted shearling/suede coat. Hair up.

The farm asked that people not photograph other peoples children without permission. You can still photograph your own kids. It is a ticketed venue. Most ticketed venues have conditions that you agree to when you buy a ticket. Some places don't allow photography at all. Some you can't use a flash.

^^^ Good points Skippyboo. I noticed some on Twitter tried to turn this into a case of W&K 'banning' photographers.

Bucklebury Farm Park rubbishes claims photo ban is only to protect royal guests | NewburyToday.co.uk
National media reports have this week suggested that the policy had been brought in to protect the privacy of royal visitors, with Prince George, aged one, known to visit the site with his mother, the Duchess of Cambridge, and grandmother Carole Middleton, who lives nearby.

However, education and events coordinator at the park, Danny Kidby-Hunter, said the policy was to protect the privacy of all children and not any particular party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor thing, I thought two engagements in one day and all those helicopter rides could make anyone nauseous. Hopefully it will clear up more and more. I'm starting to feel queasy just thinking about it!

The farm asked that people not photograph other peoples children without permission. You can still photograph your own kids. It is a ticketed venue. Most ticketed venues have conditions that you agree to when you buy a ticket. Some places don't allow photography at all. Some you can't use a flash.

Thank you Skippyboo for sharing this information.

Duke and Duchess to use Christmas bells to keep track of George over festive season | Royal | News | Daily Express
After receiving a little bag of festive bells from a group of schoolchildren, Prince William joked: "We'll put these in his pockets and then we'll know where he [Prince George] is in the house!"

William, 32 was dressed smartly in a black tie and suit for the 10th anniversary gala dinner at the Imperial War Museum for chairty SkillForce, of which the duke is a Royal patron.

The youngsters from three primary schools in Watford, gathered to proudly show off their project - a man adorned with poppies.

Thomas Brooker, 10, told the duke: "Each of the poppies represent a soldier who died."

William has a great sense of humor. :lol:

On Twitter, one of the royal reporters said that we should expect an announcement on the New York trip tomorrow. They're supposedly only going for 2 days, so I don't see them taking George along for such a short trip.

Last edited:
William has a great sense of humor. :lol:

On Twitter, one of the royal reporters said that we should expect an announcement on the New York trip tomorrow. They're supposedly only going for 2 days, so I don't see them taking George along for such a short trip.

Don't ask me why but when thinking of the Cambridge's supposed trip to NYC and taking George with them, the only thing I can think is that it would be neat if they planned the trip to coincide with taking George to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. There isn't a child in the world that wouldn't be filled with awe and wonder at the sights.

Thanksgiving isn't a holiday in the UK. So it maybe difficult to explain the guy riding a giant turkey while lip synching to a toddler :)

Don't ask me why but when thinking of the Cambridge's supposed trip to NYC and taking George with them, the only thing I can think is that it would be neat if they planned the trip to coincide with taking George to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. There isn't a child in the world that wouldn't be filled with awe and wonder at the sights.

I was thinking that since their trip is next month, it would be neat to have them take part in the tree lighting at Rockefeller Center. If they were to bring George, this type of engagement would be more relatable. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It's a bit much, and makes travel difficult.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I have a question regarding the couple's site: Is is official and accurate? Can we rely on the article written there? Because i've noticed that after the press realeases of the engagements some articicles about them are written... Fore example this: The Duchess of Cambridge attends a SportsAid athlete workshop

It also says "16 weeks pregnat" and I doubt the palace would reveal such a private info. I know that she might be around that though...

That blurb seemed more like a newspaper article than a something the palace would write.

A lot of times, the press are on royal rotation. Instead of having a bunch of reporters and photographers at the same event, you have just a small group of them and the info and pictures are shared with the others who weren't there. Maybe that's what was posted on the website.

You see the rotation a lot on the tours and I would think at locations that can't handle a large press pack either do to size or someplace like a hospital where you don't want 20 people trailing a royal thru it.

:previous: Ah I see... thank you:flowers:. So, do you think the palace has to approve these article before they are written down?

That blurb seemed more like a newspaper article than a something the palace would write.

A lot of times, the press are on royal rotation. Instead of having a bunch of reporters and photographers at the same event, you have just a small group of them and the info and pictures are shared with the others who weren't there. Maybe that's what was posted on the website.

You see the rotation a lot on the tours and I would think at locations that can't handle a large press pack either do to size or someplace like a hospital where you don't want 20 people trailing a royal thru it.

True, but the fact that it is on the official website, run by Clarence House which means that it certainly can be taken as a confirmation that she's currently 16 weeks along.

British Royals @britishroyals · 1h 1 hour ago
Prince Charles holding Prince George! From George's christening - displayed at Clarence House - #iwill Google hangout
https://twitter.com/britishroyals/status/535460875918794752

I think they should have released this picture. We don't have a picture of just Charles with his first grandchild.

I can see why they didn't release it. Frankly, George looks a little odd in it. Maybe he was fussing.

Nice to see Charles beaming though. I never believed those rumors that he disliked small children.

In a guided tour through Clarence House (in summer 2014) it was said that Charles absolutly loves this picture and that this pic is a private one (standing in the room where the christening pics were taken).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom