General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's growing...he's getting cuter
Looks comfortable with his nanny

I have noticed in the recent football pictures that he seems so very comfortable with Maria and its obvious that she has a very soft spot for George too. With a firmly established close relationship with his nanny, it will make it so much easier for both Wills and Kate to be away from him should the need arise. From all I've seen and read over the past year, this is one little boy that will grow up well rounded and happy in life. Although he will have a lot of "perks" from being a royal and coming from a wealthy family, I can also see both parents ensuring that this child has both feet on the ground and that he will be aware of the world around him and the people in it.

I have noticed in the recent football pictures that he seems so very comfortable with Maria and its obvious that she has a very soft spot for George too. With a firmly established close relationship with his nanny, it will make it so much easier for both Wills and Kate to be away from him should the need arise. From all I've seen and read over the past year, this is one little boy that will grow up well rounded and happy in life. Although he will have a lot of "perks" from being a royal and coming from a wealthy family, I can also see both parents ensuring that this child has both feet on the ground and that he will be aware of the world around him and the people in it.

Without a doubt. William and Catherine are both very much in tune with the public, so it's only natural that they'll want to pass that on to their children. The pictures are absolutely precious. George seems to be a happy, active, and well-adjusted little boy.

Umm, what exactly do you disagree with me about?

Where do I start? Pretty much everything. Maybe Daria can better explain it, as she also disagrees with you, and we share similar views.
Let me say that I do not am not criticizing the Cambridges for not getting involved yet .

Do me a favor- read this- may change your mind- this is why Cambridge help is needed-
Follow Me There

Last edited:
Since William and Catherine are representatives of the government (as well as the royal family), what they say and do can be seen as an indication of government policy. so to become involved in or speak out about another government's orphanages could lead to a political incident for the British government. Like Princess Anne or Diana, they can become involved in an international charity organization.

I understand why some people feel that the Cambridges should go to China and address issues about the welfare of orphaned children. We all agree that it is a terrible problem. The issue is how to most effectively address the issue.

Impolitic criticism can worsen the problem. If the Cambridges publicly humiliate the Chinese by raising this issue, the Chinese could respond by making foreign adoption more difficult and pushing the problem further underground. It could also strain UK-Chinese relations in other areas, which could lead to disengagement and crack downs and other human rights violations. That helps no one.

On the other hand, if the Cambridges don't embarrass their hosts, that may improve diplomatic relations which, in turn, may make it easier to address these issues using other channels.

There are no clear cut answers. Western diplomats who understand Chinese sensibilities are addressing these and other issues. I am sure the Cambridges will be fully briefed and behave accordingly.

As much as there is a need for awareness and action taken to protect any child in less than satisfactory conditions, I have to agree with Lee27 on this one. I would never expect any of the royal family to endorse and/or instigate any kind of public awareness of any issue that could perhaps result in an incident between governments.

Perhaps this issue could be taken up with Sarah's Children in Crisis? Checking that website, I noticed too that this program is in danger of being shut down because of lack of funding.

Anyways, I'm getting too much off topic here.

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Like Princess Anne or Diana, they can become involved in an international charity organization.

That was basically all I wanted to suggest. Thank you for saying it for me. I'm a bit off since I recently returned from a trip overseas. I would NEVER want the Cambridges, or any other member of the Royal Family to start any kind of international crisis, but. they can set up a charity that works with children in need in general, which may lead to working outside of the UK. That is all. I apologize for starting anything here, and I appreciate the explanations that are being presented. I just hope that somehow there will be a voice that will speak up for the ones that are not able to speak for themselves. I dream big. What can I say?

Last edited:
That was basically all I wanted to suggest. Thank you for saying it for me. I'm a bit monkey, since I recently returned from a trip overseas. I would NEVER want the Cambridges, or any other member of the Royal Family to start any kind of international crisis, but. they can set up a charity that works with children in need in general, which may lead to working outside of the UK. That is all. I apologize for starting anything here, and I appreciate the explanations that are being presented. I just hope that somehow there will be a voice that will speak up for the ones that are not able to speak for themselves. I dream big. What can I say?
And that's all I was trying to agree with. I don't want the Cambridges to start a national uproar either, but what is the problem getting involved with a charity in one of the countries they represent dealing with the crisis?

I very much agree with you, Catherine and William see what is going on in this world and don't live in just their own bubble. This cute little boy is so very lucky to have parents that are very hands on and know that he will need to learn about the world as he grows older, This Diana did for her boys and it has shown them there is more to life then just you rich friends and parties....William will be a good king someday I believe.

I very much agree with you, Catherine and William see what is going on in this world and don't live in just their own bubble. This cute little boy is so very lucky to have parents that are very hands on and know that he will need to learn about the world as he grows older, This Diana did for her boys and it has shown them there is more to life then just you rich friends and parties....William will be a good king someday I believe.

Hard to believe I know, but William and Harry actually had two parents who both raised their children.

Through his work with the Prince's Trust, the Prince of Wales has shown he is more than aware of people who are underprivileged. His work has also shown his sons how they can make a real difference in people's lives.

Hard to believe I know, but William and Harry actually had two parents who both raised their children.

Through his work with the Prince's Trust, the Prince of Wales has shown he is more than aware of people who are underprivileged. His work has also shown his sons how they can make a real difference in people's lives.

Thank you for this. William and Harry did learn from both of their parents, both of whom did/do work for the underprivileged

In her last years, and because she had the freedom of NOT being a member of the royal family (please do not argue this on this thread) Diana could take on tricky political causes such as Halo Trust. The cause has now become non-political mainly due to her initiative.

although William cannot take on a cause that directly criticises how a country treats its own people (China/Orphans) there is pressure that can be applied woth world wide issues, ie the conservation work led by Charles and his sons.

Perhaps Lupo should have his own thread - just kidding, I know he's a dog, but hey, dogs are part of the family too! :D

Larry, the Downing Street cat, has become a huge media star since I disclosed in 2011 that David Cameron had acquired him in.
He faces, however, a formidable rival in the world of celebrity pets in the shape of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s dog, Lupo. Aby King, the author of the definitive The Adventures of Lupo the Royal Dog: The Secret of Windsor Castle, tells me at the book’s launch at the Kensington Hotel that film stardom is just around the corner. “There are bids coming in for a film,” the former actress says. How long before the box office hit When Larry Met Lupo?

Lupo leaps to the screen for his next big adventure - Telegraph

The big Cambridge news this week may have been the announcement that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting the Royal couple’s second child, but attentions may well soon be turning to the Cambridge’s imminent move to Norfolk and the prospect of them revitalising a very remote part of the country.

...Lindsay Cuthill, head of the country department at Savills, had this to say about the upcoming move, “The presence of William and Kate will make a difference in terms of perception. It will give the area a bit of a sheen; you can hardly move in Tetbury- the town closest to Prince Charles’s Highgrove Estate- for tourists, and interest in an area breeds commercial success.”
Duke and Duchess of Cambridge set to revitalise English Countryside

If they are going to move there in the spring of 2015 that may imply that the new baby will be bornin a Norfolk hospital right?

Will they move when Prince William start the new job?

If they are going to move there in the spring of 2015 that may imply that the new baby will be bornin a Norfolk hospital right?

Williams new job is almost equidistant from KP and Anmer so it could go either way.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

They were living in Wales when George was born, yet he was still born in London.

Given as they seemed to have a good experience at St. Mary's and are likely to be using the same Doctor, I think it's probably more likely that Kate will be staying in London closer to the end of her pregnancy and William will do his best to be there when the time comes.

Williams new job is almost equidistant from KP and Anmer so it could go either way.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Not correct. Anmer to Cambridge Airport is 54m; Anmer to Norwich Airport 36.9 miles and Anmer to KP is 115.9 miles.
source is RAC.

I think there were comments that EAAA was based at Cambridge and Norwich Airports and theywere equidistant from Anmer.

When will he start his trainign by the way? The press release said September...

I'm guessing he, Catherine and George are up there.

I'm guessing he, Catherine and George are up there.

From Royal Journalist Emily andrews (via Twitter)

William went to Balmoral late last thurs with Charles (&shooting sat) while Kate recuperated in Bucklebury

I found this interesting as I've always thought that Balmoral was just used for the summer and that in September they returned to normal duties (but having said that, William isn't working yet so I guess he can have a longer holiday) and London residences. Do we know how long William will be/has been at Balmoral for and if any other members of the RF besides Charles are still there?

I found this interesting as I've always thought that Balmoral was just used for the summer and that in September they returned to normal duties (but having said that, William isn't working yet so I guess he can have a longer holiday) and London residences. Do we know how long William will be/has been at Balmoral for and if any other members of the RF besides Charles are still there?

Hunting weekend?
Bye Bine

The Queen's still there. She was at Crathie Kirk yesterday.

From Royal Journalist Emily andrews (via Twitter)

William went to Balmoral late last thurs with Charles (&shooting sat) while Kate recuperated in Bucklebury

Oh I see. Then I guess that Catherine is pretty much resting up and not as sick as she was before. To me, this is all a good sign that Catherine and the baby are doing well.

The Queen and Philip will stay all of September and come back in October. If you search the Buckingham Palace summer opening dates- that time frame is basically when they are in Scotland.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

1. Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 3 h
    William went to Balmoral late last thurs with Charles (&shooting sat) while Kate recuperated in Bucklebury.What's this I hear re a baby...?
  2. peppersmint ‏@_peppersmint_ 3 h
    @byEmilyAndrews When will he start his training? Do you think he might be going to Malta if Kate pulls out due to HG?
    Espandi
  3. Emily Andrews ‏@byEmilyAndrews 2 h
    @_peppersmint_ he's already started his commercial chopper training (theory at mo) and I predict it'll def be Wills not Kate going to Malta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom