General News for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: January 2013-December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know which friend it was.

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Does really matter if we know who it is ? It really isn't our business.

Does really matter if we know who it is ? It really isn't our business.
Kate has always seemed like someone who kept that part of her life private. IMHO royals close friends probably don't want the press harassing them for information about their famous acquaintances.

I remember someone complaining one time about them going to all these weddings I guess now it's going to be all those Christenings. :lol:

Duchess of Cambridge becomes godmother to close friend’s baby son

Duchess of Cambridge becomes godmother to close friend's baby son | Royal Central

Kate Middleton becomes godmother to close friend's baby at christening with George and William

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014021817073/kate-middleton-godmother-friends-baby/

Duchess of Cambridge becomes godmother to friend's baby son at intimate christening

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-to-friend-s-baby-son-at-intimate-christening

Last edited:
no idea who their friend is. i don't recall them going to any weddings in chelmsford, so maybe the happy couple moved there after marrying elsewhere? i guess we will never know. but it's nice they chose kate as a godmother. they clearly remained good friends even after her royal life.

Not really because she wore Catherine Walker in Canada in 2011 before the Queen supposedly ordered higher hemlines. I really don't think the Queen is the micromanager that the papers are trying to picture her- Harry's beard, Kate's hemlines,etc. If that was true, how did Beatrice make it out of the palace with that horrible hat on royal wedding day. The queen should have made it a corgi chew toy on first sight :)
I guess the press needs to fill pages and they are not giving them anything to write about so it's beards and hemlines.

Incoming governor-general Peter Cosgrove has let slip that Prince George will travel to Australia with his parents William and Kate in April and the family will visit Sydney and Canberra-
New GG reveals Aussie royal tour news - Yahoo!7

Did any of us really think that Will and Kate would go on an overseas tour and not take George with them? :D

Did any of us really think that Will and Kate would go on an overseas tour and not take George with them? :D

Of course not.
Remember the similar situation 30 years ago, the C&D Australian tour, when Willian was a baby.

I would think that the only reason that George would not go if he was sick with a cold or something similar that could be passed around the traveling party.

We are getting to almost a month out so the tour details should be coming out soon.

The great godchild mystery has been solved. The lucky baby is Henry Baker son of Oliver and Mel. As you know Oliver Baker is a SA friend and George's godfather.

JB ‏@Royal_beans 10h
Indianapolis Mayor Greg Ballard reached out through the British Consulate to invite Prince William and Kate to visit the World Sports Park

With the Tindall family pictures in Hello, it has got me thinking. What would be the reaction of people if William and Kate did this with George but without the interview and donated the money to charity like Brad and Angelina did? Would people be upset or think it was okay?

With the Tindall family pictures in Hello, it has got me thinking. What would be the reaction of people if William and Kate did this with George but without the interview and donated the money to charity like Brad and Angelina did? Would people be upset or think it was okay?

To be honest, I think the reaction would be far more on the negative side than on the positive side. There's a difference as Mike and Zara and Brad and Angelina and that is that they are not working royals let alone senior royals. The way William and Kate garnish contributions to their charities is by doing their engagements with them and so far I think its worked marvelously.

Kate Middleton and Prince William delight primary school students with personalised letters

Kate Middleton and Prince William delighted students at Chirton Primary School - hellomagazine.com

Prince George to join parents Prince William and Kate Middleton on royal tour abroad

Kensington Palace have confirmed that Prince George will join Kate Middleton and Prince William on their tour of Australia and New Zealand - hellomagazine.com

Prince William and Kate Middleton's three-week tour to Australia and New Zealand revealed

Prince William and Kate Middleton's Australia and New Zealand tour in details - hellomagazine.com

Heading Down Under: Prince George joins parents for his first royal tour

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...George-joins-parents-for-his-first-royal-tour

Kate and Wills reply to letters from desperate pupils in bid to save school

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...-to-letters-from-pupils-in-bid-to-save-school

New Zealand to commemorate Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s visit with stamps and coin

http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/cambr...f-cambridges-visit-with-stamps-and-coin-24357

PICTURED: Wills' & Kate's reply to pupils who urged royals to send George to their school

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...sked-for-Prince-George-to-attend-their-school

Last edited:
Amazing! Catherine and William could burn Buckingham palace down and people would find an excuse. I'm starting to see why so many have left this forum.
Personally I believe people come and go from royalty forums for a variety of reasons. :) Their interests change, their lives become busier, or they even go on vacation.

Now if BP burns down the first one of the first places to be investigated might be the 60 year old boilers unless the CC cameras reveal something else.

Last edited:
Amazing! Catherine and William could burn Buckingham palace down and people would find an excuse. I'm starting to see why so many have left this forum.

What a shame if people were to leave a forum simply because they don't like positive attitudes in fellow forum members.

They're not excuses--posters have pointed out in well-reasoned, -thought out, and data-driven posts that the, frankly, inflammatory tweets by British journalists are a little unreasonable. If you and others disagree, that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with people responding to a discussion with facts.

Just a quick question if I may. It has been pointed out that Will and Kate are not full time royals on numerous occasions. So can you please tell me that at 30ish what are they 'full time' at?

Just a quick question if I may. It has been pointed out that Will and Kate are not full time royals on numerous occasions. So can you please tell me that at 30ish what are they 'full time' at?

They're full time parents. They're on the board of their own foundation which they share with Prince Harry. They're representatives for numerous charities, they're about to undertake their third royal tour, and William's pursuing educational opportunities to prepare for his future duties as Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall.

Their approach has more than likely been guided by the Queen, by Prince Charles, and by a team of trusted advisers. Why are people so quick to think that there's something wrong?

HRHHermione:Why are people so quick to think that there's something wrong?

Because the human race has nothing better to do then put other people down so that they can feel good about complaining about something.............just plain jealous and lazy and ignorant, ignore them and they will go away for good!

No wonder some posters are leaving this forum! To be told that those of us who do not believe that William and Kate are the greatest things since sliced bread and who dare to question their work ethic or the state of their marriage or anything else about them in a way that it remotely critical of the pair are "just plain jealous and lazy and ignorant" and should be ignored in the hope we will go away for good, does not exactly inspire one to post here.

My personal view about this trip to the Maldives is that William and Kate have been packed off there for a week together without distractions in the hope that they will spend enough time together to enable the spare to be created before they separate for good.

Last edited:
...This has not cost the Uk any more money than if they had stayed at home...
It has most certainly cost a lot more than if they stayed at home as the British taxpayers have to pay for first class airfares and accommodation along with meal allowances for the security.

I remember when Eugenie was on her post school gap year and she was staying in the backpackers place where it was pointed out that the non on duty RPOs would be at the first class hotel down the road and that they were being rotated out every 2 weeks or so, again first class - because that is what is required for the security detail.

If they were at home those costs wouldn't be there.

They are also costing more because George has to have a full separate detail of his own when separated so that means a number of officers who would be either on other duties or leave having to cover him. When he is with his parents he doesn't get a full 6 - 8 person team of his own.

There is a reason why on other boards this one is called the 'sugar' board. More and more criticism of the royals is being discouraged here - especially of William and Kate.

:sad::sad:Who wouldn't want to take a vacation if you could afford it from this rotten cold?
Not George VI - he was upset, extremely upset, when he was in South Africa in 1947 and it was cold, wet and miserable in the UK and he was in the warmth out there. He made it publicly known that he was turn between his duty to be in SA at the time but also that he couldn't be with the people in the UK and sharing their suffering - just as he had done through the Blitz.

This couple is not an ordinary couple or a normal couple but a privileged one that doesn't seem to get that fact. Their privileges haven't come as a result of hard work from either themselves for their forefathers but from being descended, in William's case, from the biggest, baddest bullies in the middle ages that saw them rise to the top of the heap. As a result he has expectations on him that he isn't living up to. He and his wife shouldn't be going overseas when the weather is cold but rather be with the people who can't get away - to share their suffering - as George VI did all those years ago.

You all are just a barrel of laughs and a great time.
Seriously for most of us, royal watching is a hobby and it's fun and entertaining.
If you find yourself personally offended that someone you don't know took a vacation, you might want to look at your life and examine your choices.
It was my choice many years ago to respect and look up to the BRF - but that respect has gone out the window due to William and his waste of space wife.

You might see this as a hobby - but for many generations it was part of the psyche of the nation - to look up to and respect and love the royals who gave back through work and being part of the fabric of the nation. William hasn't grasped that essential fact and thumbs his nose at the British people every chance he gets - holidaying overseas (something his grandmother never does and increasingly his father doesn't do either).

William's attitude is actually impacting the very way many British people even define themselves - even if they don't do so consciously - they expect a royal to work for the nation from their early-mid 20s for life but William is now in his 30s and still hasn't started really serving the nation. He is a role model who is failing. Kate has failed completely as being someone any self-respecting girl would aspire to be like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scotland Yard Guarding Little PG in Berkshire.

You're a font of informative detail Iluvbertie.
Same report is saying little Prince George - left behind with his Middleton Grandparents - has a Scotland Yard security detail making sure he is safe in the English countryside.

You all are just a barrel of laughs and a great time.

Seriously for most of us, royal watching is a hobby and it's fun and entertaining.

If you find yourself personally offended that someone you don't know took a vacation, you might want to look at your life and examine your choices.

It was my choice many years ago to respect and look up to the BRF - but that respect has gone out the window due to William and his waste of space wife.

You may not like her, but it's very disrespectful call her a waste of space. Not because she's a Princess, but because she's a human being.

I suppose there's a rule here about not offend the Royals.

Shameful behavior.

You may not like her, but it's very disrespectful call her a waste of space. Not because she's a Princess, but because she's a human being. I suppose there's a rule here about not offend the Royals.
Shameful behavior.
Exactly.

People should be able to express negative opinions, but the vehemence has gotten really off-putting. Calling her a waste of space for... What? Not doing as much as they'd like? Implying that the marriage is bad and will end as soon as she has a second child?

That's just ugly. It's ugly and it's unpleasant and it isn't supported by factual evidence.

This forum is good mostly because it asks that members base their opinions on solid fact, and lately some of the whining here sounds like a tabloid writer fantasy, not like anything reality based.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom