General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Kate looks her age, albeit somewhat tired. She could be tired for any number of reasons or she could be suffering from a cold or sinus problems. It is amazing how the DM makes up these stories and then this Vine(?) woman comes through with her none too subtle comments. All of which are designed to encourage the nasty chatterers to come forward with comments such as "who does she think she is?" blah, blah blah, when all Kate did was to go shopping .......

You would think that the misogynistic Vine would have learned her lesson earlier in the year, when she said that Justine Miliband looked like Mr. Spock. She, rightfully, got into a lot of hot water.

The bewildering thing is that this 'writer' is married to the Minister of Justice. You would think she would be more sensible. Instead, she puts herself and her husband in a ghastly light every few months.

And why does a princess have to be beautiful ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

You should e-mail that question to every British paper. They're the ones that try to define all famous women by their looks.

William has publicly spoken before about how the British press would bash Diana for her looks, then she would get depressed and insecure, and her sons would try to cheer her up. Here's one of the interviews where he mentioned it.

Prince William says Diana bothered by fat comment | Reuters

Last edited by a moderator:
You should e-mail that question to every British paper. They're the ones that try to define all famous women by their looks.

William has publicly spoken before about how the British press would bash Diana for her looks, then she would get depressed and insecure, and her sons would try to cheer her up. Here's one of the interviews where he mentioned it.

But I think we are all guilty of doing that sometimes myself included sadly.

The public does it because the media has desensitized them to it. They see the British press mocking Catherine for having grey hairs in her 30's, instead of outrage, they will now see it as an acceptable punch-line.

They see the media insult Catherine over her post-partum body after George's birth, where the media sneered that she still looked pregnant, and then gave her 'helpful' tips on how to regain her sleek figure as fast as possible.

When the public reads these stories often enough, they no longer seem to be repugnant. They become witty and 'helpful' cautionary tales that the public will now use to target random women that they come across in their everyday lives. That is why an attack on one woman, is really an attack on all women. It normalizes misogyny.

Last edited:
Have the book stores gone out of business? Have the libraries been forced to close their doors? Maybe its just me but I don't find reading photographs to be a very enlightening past time. I always thought that you *looked* at a photo and saw it for what it was. A split second in time preserved. If people want to dissect something, perhaps going back to school and taking a class in basic biology would do the trick.

Good thing Kate didn't have a nose tickle at the time. I can imagine what the media would do with that one. :whistling:

And this was done to a person who had been treated for an eating disorder. The press was likely aware of this but they still continued to treat her badly.

Fergie got blasted from the press when she gained weight -the duchess of pork headline.

Kate get scrutiny every time she walks outside. Imagine the horror from the DM, if she hit the high street in a hoodie and yoga pants. They would probably milk 5 articles out of those photos.

Fergie got blasted from the press when she gained weight -the duchess of pork headline.

Kate get scrutiny every time she walks outside. Imagine the horror from the DM, if she hit the high street in a hoodie and yoga pants. They would probably milk 5 articles out of those photos.

And sadly her daughters and Zara have faced the same criticism regarding their looks too. I can understand why the Wessex family has opted to keep their children largely out of the spotlight. :sad:

Fat?

. I remember the sensation that the pictures of The Princess of Wales with apparent cellulite had! The country went mad. To hell with all the hard work the woman had done. It was not good.

A little while back I saw a new spoof "hit" song about ladies who live in their active wear, (gym clothes).

One line even went - "shopping for active wear, in my active wear".

Now the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" have published a new photo of the Duchess of Cambridge shopping at active wear retailer "Lululemon" - in her active wear! :lol:

Good one Kate.

Last edited:
Reactions: eya
"Priceline" is a discount chemist chain in Australia.

(Maybe it is in other countries - I don't know.)

The Duchess of Cambridge's hairdresser Richard Ward is launching his product range soon - exclusive to "Priceline".

"Daily Mail Australia" has a feature on Richard with some quotes from him about his experience of doing Catherine's hair for the Royal Wedding.

"I'd love to get my hands on Nicole Kidman's hair" - by Sophie Haslett, for the details.

(Sorry, I can't post links.)

Last edited:
It's probably due to an engagement clash. She wouldn't miss it if she could make it. Once in a while an engagement clash happens.

My theory is William got extra cheeky after last year's parade when the dog's shamrocks would not stay on and Kate is making him to himself this year ?

Some folks on Twitter don't seem to understand that an engagement clash happened. We know all about the tradition of a senior female member of the royal family handing out shamrocks to the Irish Guards. Catherine would be there if she could be there.

Also, what's crazy is that the royal reporters aren't explaining that to their Twitter followers.

It's about breaking this down in a more clear way for others to understand.

Last edited:
Why would the Royal reporters who are pissed at the Cambridges go out of the way to stop Cambridge Twitter hate. The press were complaining about yesterdays event but didn't complain at all about Harry's events which weren't even announced beforehand.

Why would the Royal reporters who are pissed at the Cambridges go out of the way to stop Cambridge Twitter hate. The press were complaining about yesterdays event but didn't complain at all about Harry's events which weren't even announced beforehand.

Well, I expect these folks to be adults. I also think KP should explain that Catherine can't make it to the St. Patrick's Parade, because of the engagement clash. Transparency is needed, and everyone is acting like kids.

If there is an engagement, it hasn't been announced for some reason. The engagement the next day has. So if KP says there is one on the 17th. The next question is what it is it and when they don't say. The story will be what is KP covering up. The people need to know!

I am missing something here. She's getting pilloried for missing an event she was never announced as attending? Something can still be a tradition and you can miss a year here and there

This is exactly part of the problem imo. KP doesn't have to say anything. There are all sorts of reasons, whether private, personal or professional and it's Kate's business

It's probably due to an engagement clash. She wouldn't miss it if she could make it. Once in a while an engagement clash happens.

An engagement clash hasn't happened, Catherine is simply not attending for whatever reasons simple.

I think the reason is that she have to be in Norfolk for her engagement the next day. Schedules clashing.

She would be at the parade if it was possible for her to be there. That's what I'm saying.

What she can't do an engagement a day .. and we know she has use of helicopters sorry I work 2 days in a row ... anyone else!!!

This article explains why the absence of the Duchess

"It is thought that Kate will miss the celebrations because of an official engagement scheduled in Norfolk the following day. The Duchess, who is Royal Patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), will officially open a new EACH charity shop in Holt, Norfolk on Friday 18 March"

Right, sometimes schedules clash. Princess Anne talked about this in an interview not that long ago.

A engagement in Norfolk the next day isn't really a conflict. The Irish Guards are in London. Holt is in Norfolk. It's isn't several hours between the two especially with helicopter access. She may have something else going on the 17th but the engagement on the 18th isn't preventing the parade attendance.

The point is...handing out shamrocks at this parade is one of her important duties that she haven't missed before. She would be there if it was possible for her to be there. The folks on Twitter fail to understand that.

I lay this small issue at the feet of the Cambridge's press office. They could be more transparent in explaining Catherine's absence at this year's parade, because it's now become her official role to hand out the shamrocks to the Irish Guards. It's expected that she attend every year, so a reasonable explanation would help everyone properly understand. Some folks are now think she just don't want to do two engagements back to back.

I still think there was a bit of a clash in schedules, and now William have to carry out her duty for this year's parade.

Last edited:
This article explains why the absence of the Duchess

"It is thought that Kate will miss the celebrations because of an official engagement scheduled in Norfolk the following day. The Duchess, who is Royal Patron of East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH), will officially open a new EACH charity shop in Holt, Norfolk on Friday 18 March"

Sorry but the parade is in Hounslow, usually a morning event. Done by lunchtime, in Norfolk for dinner.

Richard Palmer, has been told that it's because "they" want to get away from the expectation that Catherine attend.

Richard Palmer
‏@RoyalReporter
@royalspotlight It was suggested to me that they wanted to get away from the expectation she'd do it every year.

I genuinely don't care that she's not going and i'm not going to bash her for not going to an event she was never supposed to attend. William is Colonel-in-Chief of the regiment, and Catherine is there for the "looks". Frankly they've done good here and getting bashed for it.

Last edited:
Sorry but they've used the helicopter for events before, this could easily be used for that.

Richard Palmer, has been told that it's because "they" want to get away from the expectation that Catherine attend.

Richard Palmer
‏@RoyalReporter
@royalspotlight It was suggested to me that they wanted to get away from the expectation she'd do it every year.

I thought senior female members of the royal family presented the shamrocks to the Irish Guards every year. That's a great role for Catherine. She should be appointed Colonel in Chief of her own regiment. That way she could form a bond with her own regiment and carry out official duties on their behalf.

The presentation has traditionally been made my a member of the royal family. A female member has done the task more often than a male, however George V presented medals for the 50th Anniversary, and for some reason The Grand Duke of Luxembourg presented them once.

I hate to say it but the fit is perfect for her to colonel-in-chief of the Princess of Wales regiment. You either embrace the comparisons are you have to shake them off constantly.

The presentation has traditionally been made my a member of the royal family. A female member has done the task more often than a male, however George V presented medals for the 50th Anniversary, and for some reason The Grand Duke of Luxembourg presented them once.

I hate to say it but the fit is perfect for her to colonel-in-chief of the Princess of Wales regiment. You either embrace the comparisons are you have to shake them off constantly.

I agree, Lumutqueen. It would be wonderful for her to allied Colonel in Chief with Queen Margrethe of Denmark.

Grand Duke Jean did it because the Irish Guards were in Belize that year. The 80 something Queen Mum wasn't up to flying out to the jungle. The GD was the Royal colonel at the time I believe and served in the Irish Guards in WWII

Lots of angst about this on social media and places.

AS LumutQueen, its usually a member of the royal family - and it will be.

She hasn't cancelled or pulled out of the event as she has never been scheduled to attend.

And people coming up with spurious reasons as to why she isn't attending don't help IMO. For all we know, its the nanny's day off!

Glad that she's going to an Each event, looking forward to Monday and this week has been terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom