General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How silly. Catherine comes from a wealthy middle class family. Almost any old English family would have some very distant links to someone who had a title but that does not change the fact that they themselves come from a middle class family.

It doesn't make her a noble but she's not the street urchin that some of her critics like to portray her as
I'm sure as heck am not related to any earls or former Prime Ministers hahahha
It just a bit of trivia, I think its pretty interesting.

Last edited:
^^^^^
its like the class system run amuck, as if someone is saying she is not enough on her own so these extremely tenuous links to the aristocracy (which many middle class families would have) are needed to make her acceptable,

^^^^^
its like the class system run amuck, as if someone is saying she is not enough on her own so these extremely tenuous links to the aristocracy (which many middle class families would have) are needed to make her acceptable,

I have a slightly different take. Critics use information like this to argue that the royals have been deceiving us all by describing Kate as just a normal middle-class girl. That they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes by suggesting that the royals are modern and moving with the times, when really Kate is just another upper class semi-aristo like all the other recent women to marry into the RF.

:previous: I agree but would add that the vipers out there will say its her fault for lying to us

Critics are critics. The BRF can never win in the eyes of some. One group of people think royals should only marry other royals, or what's the point of having to curtsey to 'commoner' royals.
Others think its good to have a middle-class princess and that its a move forward.
Personally I like my royals to be posh and for me Catherine is the best of both worlds.

I would rather see royals marry for love, regardless of the social class. But part of the marriage is taking on the job of being royal, and the Duchess is doing a great job, middle class or whatever.

This was a school assignment for some children. Catherine thanked them for the information. Nothing more, nothing less.

Actually it was Sophie who first wore these earrings.

It's nice but I often why she wear the fake stuff when she's got the real deal at her finger tips?

No, Kate has the "golden touch" in whatever she wears. Business certainly booms after that!

It's nice but I often why she wear the fake stuff when she's got the real deal at her finger tips?

I've read articles that Princess Diana used to wear faux jewels as well. I love jewelry and I have expensive and costume. I find it less stress filled and fun to wear the costume pieces because if its lost, no big deal. Catherine is definitely showing us watchers, you can be stylish and fab on a budget. :flowers: cheers!

Just imagine Catherine would wear a loan from HM and loose the jewel.... As long as she is no Royal veteran, she has enough to worry about on official engagements, no need to add having to look after expensive jewellery to it. There is a time for all of it, but her time to wear the valuables from HM's vault has not yet come.

Kataryn said:
Just imagine Catherine would wear a loan from HM and loose the jewel.... As long as she is no Royal veteran, she has enough to worry about on official engagements, no need to add having to look after expensive jewellery to it. There is a time for all of it, but her time to wear the valuables from HM's vault has not yet come.

She does have a security team at all times
and an assistant most of the time. I'm sure she'd manage to keep track of her jewelry should
she want to do it.

How wonderful! Shows that people out there recognize true class when they see it. :D

Either that of their news sources are limited to People magazine and Entertainment Tonight:bang:

How wonderful! Shows that people out there recognize true class when they see it. :D

I agree. I would much rather finish in the number 1 spot as Catherine did than in last place haha

I dont know why they would list her on the celebrity list with all those actors. Seems a bit apples and oranges to me.

The Kate Effect?

Can I have Kate's nose? Survey reveals most popular cosmetic surgery requests | Beauty in Cambridge | Beauty news | Beauty reviews

We want her wardrobe AND her face: The Duchess of Cambridge's nose is the most requested plastic surgery procedure in UK | Mail Online

All we want for Christmas is to look like Kate, apparently, as the Duchess of Cambridge’s delicate nose tops the list of the most requested celebrity face parts by plastic surgery patients this year.
Over the past year requests to plastic surgeons to look like Kate Middleton have trebled, new figures reveal.
The figures have been released by the Transform Cosmetic Surgery Group
A spokesman from the company said: ‘People are choosing celebrities who are sophisticated and naturally beautiful.’

Last edited:
:previous: I think that many people forget that what looks good on one person doesn't necessarily look good on another. It's great that public is choosing those with class and substance to look up to and such, but trying to become a carboon copy of someone may prove to be disastrous.

Last edited:
:previous: I think that many people forget that what looks good on onr oerson doesn't necessarily look good on another. It's great that public is choosing those with class and substance to look up to and such, but trying to become a carboon copy of someone may prove to be disasterous.
you are right:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom