General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This changes everything - We always thought her Dad was middle class and Mom working class. I think this is bizzare
ton.F

bizzare - Kate's titled relative

Was there something on this before? A discussion? Why were we never told?

Catherine's mum is working-class, grew up on a council estate and descended from coal miners. Her dad's family is solidly middle-class.
Having a titled relative, at least in the United Kingdom doesn't make Catherine an aristocrat.

Old news. She and William are cousins :lol:

Much has been made of Kate Middleton's "middle class" background, but does she have any royal links?
Patrick Cracroft-Brennan, editor of the online reference work Cracroft's Peerage: "Yes, she has, but they are very distant. Her great-great-grandmother, Frances Elizabeth Greenhow, was the 10 x great-granddaughter of Sir William Gascoigne, a Yorkshire knight who died in 1487. He married Lady Margaret Percy, 4th and youngest daughter of Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland.
"The Earl descended from King Edward III through both his parents. Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana both descend from Sir William Gascoigne and his wife Lady Margaret.
"This makes William and Kate fourteenth cousins once removed through his mother and fifteenth cousins through his father.

Royal Wedding: William and Kate are (very) distant cousins - Channel 4 News

Link to entire article published 28th April 2011

Yes, I did know Catherine had some titled relatives. I think it was mentioned she had some on her father's side.

This changes everything - We always thought her Dad was middle class and Mom working class. I think this is bizzare
ton.F

This changes absolutely nothing. The fact that a 2nd cousin, thrice removed married someone who had a knighthood does not change Catherines family background at all, especially since she does not descend from this lady. It is still middle and working class family.
It is likely that most English families can find a distant relative or ancestor who had some sort of a title. 30% of English people can even claim royal descent through Edward III, Catherine included.
This story is also not news, it has been reported before.

I think it's better to have 20th century titled relative than PERHAPS a 15th century one.. I guess that's why the papers are excited. This is PROVABLE!! I wish I had a distant relative painted by Gainsborough!
TF

I think it's better to have 20th century titled relative than PERHAPS a 15th century one.. I guess that's why the papers are excited. This is PROVABLE!! I wish I had a distant relative painted by Gainsborough!
TF

I wish I owned a Gainsborough! :lol:

wealthy Lady Bullock

I really adore the sepia photo of her cousin Lady Bullock in the article - reminds me of my "oom mama" - (northern european for grandmother) except MY grandmother would never havehad the opportunity to sit in a car in 1913! If you've got MONEY......

She was adorable.

Adorable photos of Catherine as a baby!

Catherine was such a precious baby! Thank you for posting the pictures.

How great to see photos of her as a baby! Thanks for posting.

What I like about the article, in addition to the photos of Catherine as a baby, is that it is very positive about her parents, especially Carole, from someone who knew them well at that time in their lives.

What I like about the article, in addition to the photos of Catherine as a baby, is that it is very positive about her parents, especially Carole, from someone who knew them well at that time in their lives.

I agree; it's great to read a complimentary first-hand account. The simple truth is refreshing.

I too liked the article and the pictures are adorable.

What a cute bub and yes it's nice to read something positive about the Middletons.

Baby Kate is adorable:) and Carole seems to be a very good mum

I wonder if the old "friend" asked permission from the Middletonsor warned them about it.

The photos of Carole Middleton and her baby Catherine and the account of her neighbourly friendship with George are very lovely.
They show that Carole is a bright, positive role model for any women - well done to her for being a great mother, home maker and business women.
Carole and Michael are portrayed as solidly on the same page and supportive of their friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom