General News for the Duchess of Cambridge 1: November 2010-February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems she's capitalizing on a faint resemblance to Kate, but it's a poor reproduction indeed!;)

It seems she's capitalizing on a faint resemblance to Kate, but it's a poor reproduction indeed!;)

I wonder if she would have dared to do such an article when Diana was in Catherine's place. I doubt it. Right now she is clownesque but with Diana she would have been utmost ridiculous. And I'm not a Diana fan and I love Catherine. But there's some truth in it that Diana had the special something right from the beginning while Catherine needs more time to develop it if ever she does. Not that she needs it because she already is a real hit but she is not yet iconic. As this article proves.

I wonder if she would have dared to do such an article when Diana was in Catherine's place. I doubt it. Right now she is clownesque but with Diana she would have been utmost ridiculous. And I'm not a Diana fan and I love Catherine. But there's some truth in it that Diana had the special something right from the beginning while Catherine needs more time to develop it if ever she does. Not that she needs it because she already is a real hit but she is not yet iconic. As this article proves.

Personally I never see Kate getting to the point of really being iconic in the sense that Diana was and I sincerely hope it never happens. With being iconic comes a stand alone kind of adoration. One is seen as a sole personage of note. I mostly see in the years to come, William and Kate perhaps as a unified, supportive team much like HM and the DoE and Charles and Camilla are now.

You're too polite. The woman looks like something out of a nightmare :eek: (but I love your eloquence, as usual).

Personally I never see Kate getting to the point of really being iconic in the sense that Diana was and I sincerely hope it never happens. With being iconic comes a stand alone kind of adoration. One is seen as a sole personage of note. I mostly see in the years to come, William and Kate perhaps as a unified, supportive team much like HM and the DoE and Charles and Camilla are now.

I agree with you. I don't think Catherine is striving to be an icon of any sort. She doesn't appear to like being the center of attention. We see it in her style choices, and in the way she comports herself during engagements (even ones that are solo). I believe that she takes her role as William's supporter quite seriously, so there's no fear that she'll want the limelight (of course things could change as time goes on, but that's the impression I'm receiving at this point). I do like the idea of these two being a team, and I think more likely than not, we'll see that develop rather than either one of them going for an iconic image. It's a bit out of character, if the truth were told.

It's just another example of certain people setting Kate up on a pedestal and idolizing her, only to possibly lambast her when she may not live up to their ideals.

Liz Jones is completely deluded and as mad as a box of frogs. Depending on what side of the bed she happened to get out of, she's either trying to lodge herself as far up Kate's rear end as is anatomically possible, or she's trying to get together a mob of trolls to head straight for Angelsey with pitchforks.

This particular article is laughable, but nothing on some of her classics. Lest we forget this gem (don't read if you're eating your dinner) which led to some extremely rude (but hilarious) nicknames for her:

Liz Jones' baby craving drove her to steal husband's sperm in ultimate deception | Mail Online

Liz Jones is completely deluded and as mad as a box of frogs. Depending on what side of the bed she happened to get out of, she's either trying to lodge herself as far up Kate's rear end as is anatomically possible, or she's trying to get together a mob of trolls to head straight for Angelsey with pitchforks.

This particular article is laughable, but nothing on some of her classics. Lest we forget this gem (don't read if you're eating your dinner) which led to some extremely rude (but hilarious) nicknames for her:

Liz Jones' baby craving drove her to steal husband's sperm in ultimate deception | Mail Online

Oh, my! :eek:
She is, hmm, a very colourful person, that's for certain.
So, should we expect pitchfork article next?

It's just another example of certain people setting Kate up on a pedestal and idolizing her, only to possibly lambast her when she may not live up to their ideals.

I think that's the case with a lot of celebrities and public figures. People idolize them and put them up on such heights that it's impossible to remain there. Then, when the said persons are not able to live up to the image the public has created, all he** breaks loose. I think people need to remember that Catherine (and the rest of the royals) are only human. They will make mistakes, and if one is a true supporter, one will continue to cheer on, even when the popularity for a particular person is not at its' peak.

Yikes :eek:. Sounds like something out of one of those rather cheesy movies from Lifetime (a TV network here in the States). I hope she gets some psychological help, because yeah...that's just scary.

Oh, my! :eek:
She is, hmm, a very colourful person, that's for certain.
So, should we expect pitchfork article next?

I won't be surprised if the next 'article' written by this woman is a bunch of vitriol. Good grief. It's sad that people like that can get into any kind of publication.

Oh, my, just goes to show that anything will get printed nowadays by any deluded person!

Are we all still waiting for proof on these accusations that the Middleton's are using their royal connections to call for privacy?

Are we all still waiting for proof on these accusations that the Middleton's are using their royal connections to call for privacy?

The aswer is Yes but the thread that you are referring to has now been moved - :previous: message from Zonk. Keeping track is not always easy :flowers:

Good.
Emily Blunt is too good an actress to play the role in another cheesy romantic comedy, especially if it is anything like the last one.

And make sure you include olive oil in your diet for glossier, thicker hair.

All nonsense. Your hair is your hair. You cannot make it thicker, you can add gloss.
\

Sometimes you can though.
Try castor oil: it does wonders if you have suffered hair loss, or over-plucked eyebrows.

All nonsense. Your hair is your hair. You cannot make it thicker, you can add gloss.
\

The texture, gloss and volume of my hair changed when I lost a lot of voluntary weight. I was advised to add more olive oil to my diet which did help restore my hair to its original condition. A certain amount of the good fat does help.

The Perfect Princess: Duchess of Cambridge’s Spectacular Year
What a difference a year makes. Or, in the case of the Duchess of Cambridge, does not. Which is precisely why the first year of Catherine, the future queen of Great Britain, has been such a success. We know very little more about her now than we did when she walked down the aisle of Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011, in that ravishing Alexander McQueen dress, which, by combining elegance, tradition, and not a hint of sex, knocked the spots off any royal bride in recent history. And left the sex to her sister Pippa Middleton’s bottom.

:previous: Artemisia, thank you for the article. Catherine indeed hasn't put a foot wrong, and is very relatable. She's not a spotlight hog, and knows that her job is to mostly hang back (unless she's doing solo engagements). I think she's doing a great job. I also love the fact that William and Catherine lead a relatively quiet private life. They won't be able to do that when he's the Heir Apparent. They're both very mature and grounded individuals, and are very aware of what will be ahead.

Kate Middleton a Royal switch from Princess Diana
A year into her life as a royal, it's become clear The Duchess of Cambridge - Kate, to most Canadians - is no Princess Diana. And experts on the monarchy couldn't be more pleased. That is, where Prince William's mother claimed to have felt isolated, unsupported and overwhelmed, his bride has been embraced by her new family, mentored in her duties, and seems a natural in her new role.

Kate Middleton's uncanny knack of knowing her place keeps the royals regal!
Kate Middleton's called "The Perfect Princess" as she rounds the last corner of her first year of marriage. With Kate almost out of the newlywed phase, time-wise that is, reflecting on her last year reveals a young woman who did become the perfect princess to the public and her new extended regal family. While Kate's captured the hearts of the world, she's more importantly appeared to have captured the hearts of her new in-laws, which wasn't going to come as an easy task, the royal watchers thought when she first joined the regal bunch.

Interesting reads. I think the key to her success is the fact that she does indeed step back when necessary. I have a feeling that if she were to put herself forward more, there would have been issues, and no one wants or needs that to happen. I know that many feel she should be out and about more, but I'm in the camp of letting her do this at her own pace, which appears to be the pace agreed upon by those that advise her as well as her in-laws. Her job right now is to step out, but in a gradual manner, and if one thinks about her recent engagements, that's exactly what she did. She made her first public speech, and made sure to mention her husband, to show that they're indeed a team, even if the charity she was visiting was technically her patronage. Things like this will make her life as a royal a lot more smoother, and the support she's getting from the higher-ups is wonderful to see. There's no hint of isolation, or tension (at least not in front of the cameras).

Forgive me your Royal Hairness but it's time for the chop!
No one can be in doubt that The Duchess of Cambridge has behaved impeccably in her first year of marriage to Prince William. Middle-class Middleton has crossed the class divide with grace — she’s courteous, elegant and never stops smiling, especially when her beloved husband is at her side. But is it just me or has something rather strange happened to Kate recently? It’s not her whittled-down waist. Nor is it her fashion sense, the love of High Street brands such as Reiss and LK Bennett, which earns her brownie points with the public and is turning her into a fashion icon.
I am often among those who don't like Kate's less than creative ways with her hair; it's basically the same style nearly on all occasions.
However, after reading this article I have a sudden urge to defend Kate: it's her hair - if she likes it long, why should she chop them?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom