General News for the Cambridge Family 2: January 2015-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly suspect that the Cambridges having Christmas at Bucklebury has more to do with the fact that Pippa and James are currently engaged than it does with the Cambridges themselves.

It's possible that Pippa and James want to spend the day together but, since the Middletons go to church at St. Mary Magdelene, they don't want to trample on the "married ins only, no fiances" rule that the royals have for Christmas. Or the Cambridges feel that James shouldn't stay at Anmer for Christmas until after the marriage.

It's also possible that the Middletons want this Christmas together before Pippa and James start alternating Christmases between the two families.

It seems that the Cambridges do what millions of other married couples with kids do. Alternate between the grandparents for the big day. Its to be expected that some years Will and Kate will spend with her family as William did make it pretty clear that the Middletons would never be sidelined and that Kate's family is just as important to them as Will's family is.

I strongly suspect that the Cambridges having Christmas at Bucklebury has more to do with the fact that Pippa and James are currently engaged than it does with the Cambridges themselves.

It's possible that Pippa and James want to spend the day together but, since the Middletons go to church at St. Mary Magdelene, they don't want to trample on the "married ins only, no fiances" rule that the royals have for Christmas. Or the Cambridges feel that James shouldn't stay at Anmer for Christmas until after the marriage.

It's also possible that the Middletons want this Christmas together before Pippa and James start alternating Christmases between the two families.

But there isn't a married only no fiancée rule for royals. If you are engaged, you can go. I believe Autumn attended after she and Peter got engaged. Mike attended W&K's wedding with Zara when they were engaged. William volunteered to work Christmas at his RAF base so he didn't go to Sandringham that year so his fiancée isn't going to go to Sandringham without William there.

The Cambridges spent Christmas with the Royals last year. It's the Middletons turn.

The Cambridges spent Christmas with the Royals last year. It's the Middletons turn.

Its as simple as that. Occum's razor is a good rule to apply. "Suppose there exist two explanations for an occurrence. In this case the simpler one is usually better. Another way of saying it is that the more assumptions you have to make, the more unlikely an explanation is." :D

But there isn't a married only no fiancée rule for royals. If you are engaged, you can go. I believe Autumn attended after she and Peter got engaged. Mike attended W&K's wedding with Zara when they were engaged. William volunteered to work Christmas at his RAF base so he didn't go to Sandringham that year so his fiancée isn't going to go to Sandringham without William there.

Autumn did not attend post-engagement/pre-wedding (and Peter wasn't there that year. Zara was similarly absent from Sandrinham in 2010 when she was engaged but not married.

And, since I specifically mentioned Christmas in relation to married v engaged attendance, Mike going to W&K's wedding isn't relevant.

As for "turns" -- the Cambridges have spent Christmas at Sandringham for the past three years; they haven't made a habit of alternating back and forth, so I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if there's a reason for this year.

2012 was in Buckleberry, 2014 The a Middletons came to Anmer - Christmas Day spent with them. Last year like 2011, all royals no Middletons it's the Middletons turn.

Whatever the reason for them going to Buckleberry the Queen has approved it.

There is a difference between being the royal boyfriend/girlfriend and being engaged to a royal. Kate attended the BP Queen's Christmas lunch with all the family in 2010 because she was engaged to William. She joined William on 4 official engagements before the wedding because she was the fiancée. Mike sat with Zara and the royal family because he was engaged at royal wedding. Chelsy Davy who was dating Harry at the time and went to wedding didn't sit with Harry and his family. We don't see Jack or Dave Clark in prior years going to Christmas lunch at BP.

James Matthews would meet the royal standard for inclusion as Pippa's fiancée.

The Royal rules are just that, royal. They apply to the royal family and who attends their events. That does not apply to the middletons. They are not guests at sandringham. Yes they attended the church in the past but as members of the general congregation, not with the royal family. They arrived and left separate. They are guests at Amner, and it is up to Kate and William who is invited.

I can understand that Christmas day gets swapped between both families. But why aren't they doing a photo christmas card? That seems strange and a bit rude to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Hrh

Going back to a 3 month old conversation.

All of Kate's titles are tied to William. If something happened to William and Kate would later remarry, she would lose all the titles and HRH she had from being William's widow. So when George is King, the King's mother would be Mrs John Smith just then....

I don't know for sure, but I strongly recall, that one of the (several!) reasons that Wallis never received HRH was that if she were to have been widowed, any future children of hers would have been HRH. Although it was unlikely that she would have children, the possibility was there that she might marry again, and no one wished to see the offspring of Wallis and a car salesman become HRH. (No slur on car salesman, but Wallis was reported to have romanced one at one time.)

I don't know for sure, but I strongly recall, that one of the (several!) reasons that Wallis never received HRH was that if she were to have been widowed, any future children of hers would have been HRH. Although it was unlikely that she would have children, the possibility was there that she might marry again, and no one wished to see the offspring of Wallis and a car salesman become HRH. (No slur on car salesman, but Wallis was reported to have romanced one at one time.)

That comment was made in the PBS programme Bertie and Elizabeth. I've just watched it a couple of days ago (never heard of it before).

It's not true but made interesting TV. Skippyboo is right. Titles are passed on through the male line.

No, there was never any concern of that. Wallis would not have been made a HrH in her own right. Simply as extension of her husband. As soon as she remarried, she would lose the title. She certainly would never pass it on to any children she had with another man.

I can understand that Christmas day gets swapped between both families. But why aren't they doing a photo christmas card? That seems strange and a bit rude to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall release cards and as does the York's. William and Catherine may start relesaing Christmas cards when they become The Prince and Princess of Wales.

Right now, the Cambridge's only release official family photos during Birthdays and holidays. I expect them to release some photos before Christmas, but KP isn't really into letting the media and others know the planning of these photos. In other words, there's not that much of a heads up. At least I hope they release some photos. It's always good to get some family photos of the Cambridge's. They're a beautiful family and I think everyone should be able to see them when possible.

That's inaccurate. The HRH title is passed through men, not women. Any children Wallace would have had with a man who wasn't the Duke of Windsor would have had no title.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

i think that the middletons will continue doing xmas together even after pippa marries. i doubt their decision to go or not go has to do with pippa marrying. i can see in the future the middletons gathering at anmer hall and possibly joining WK and the RF to go to xmas service.

i think that the middletons will continue doing xmas together even after pippa marries. i doubt their decision to go or not go has to do with pippa marrying. i can see in the future the middletons gathering at anmer hall and possibly joining WK and the RF to go to xmas service.
I think it does have something to do with Pippa getting married and there is nothing wrong with that. This is the last Christmas before she marries, and perhaps the feeling is next year...Pippa will be with her in laws for the holiday.

Plus the last time the Cambridge's spent time with the Middleton for the holidays....2012. I imagine that Carole and Mike would like to see their grandkids waking up on Christmas morning.

There is also nothing wrong with married couples alternating the holiday's with their respective parents. I try not to read the comments on the Daily Mail [some of the nastiest people ever] but the way they are acting...you think the Middleton's kidnapped William, Charlotte and George and they have abandoned the Monarchy.

The Middletons were at Anmer in 2014. So they got to see George open presents then.

This happens because people still not able to comprehend Catherine's family remains a priority in her life. The media and other royal watchers are used to the inlaws being shut out, and the person who married into the royal family being dedicated to the royal family only. The Middleton's class still play a part in this, especially now that George and Charlotte are in the picture.

It's pretty normal for me to understand a family splitting their holidays with both sides of the family. This has been happening for decades and it's happening this Christmas too. Why should the Cambridge's be different?

I'm sure the Cambridge's and Middleton's will be attending church too.

It's kinda odd to me that anyone would think it unusual that a married couple NOT switch between grandparents/parents at major holidays. Royal family or not...I would think less of her if she let her parents be pushed out. It's obvious the BRF if fine with the idea of moving holidays around...in the future I would imagine the Middleton's (including Pippa/James) will be showing up at Balmoral or Sandringham (I forget where they do Christmas) more often.

LaRae

It's kinda odd to me that anyone would think it unusual that a married couple NOT switch between grandparents/parents at major holidays. Royal family or not...I would think less of her if she let her parents be pushed out. It's obvious the BRF if fine with the idea of moving holidays around...in the future I would imagine the Middleton's (including Pippa/James) will be showing up at Balmoral or Sandringham (I forget where they do Christmas) more often.

LaRae

The folks online are going to have to learn that the Cambridge's switching holidays between the families are very normal. They have to get out of this thinking that the royal family are the only ones that matter. Catherine's family are important too. The Queen and royal family have no problem with the Cambridge's switching holidays with the Middleton's every now and then.

It's wrong for Richard Palmer to head his article about the Cambridge's snubbing The Queen on Christmas. He and the editors should know better than that and that's is far from the truth. It only get people wrongly worked up online.

The folks online are going to have to learn that the Cambridge's switching holidays between the families are very normal. They have to get out of this thinking that the royal family are the only ones that matter. Catherine's family are important too. The Queen and royal family have no problem with the Cambridge's switching holidays with the Middleton's every now and then.

It's wrong for Richard Palmer to head his article about the Cambridge's snubbing The Queen on Christmas. He and the editors should know better than that and that's is far from the truth. It only get people wrongly worked up online.

Richard Palmer is no longer able to be objective as a royal reporter when it comes to the Cambridges and Harry. He seems to harbor personal animosity towards Kensington Palace.

Richard Palmer is no longer able to be objective as a royal reporter when it comes to the Cambridges and Harry. He seems to harbor personal animosity towards Kensington Palace.

Yeah, he needs to put all that animosity down somewhere. The "snubbing" headline wasn't fair nor true.

Its what happens when a royal reporter get usurped by a direct use of social media.

Yeah, he needs to put all that animosity down somewhere. The "snubbing" headline wasn't fair nor true.

But it got look of clicks and that helps with the ad revenue.

But it got look of clicks and that helps with the ad revenue.

Yeah, it helps with the amount of clicks and ad revenue, but it brainwashes people to actually believe something that's not true. We now live in a time where facts are thrown out the window, and false stories are the new facts.

I'm sure the Middletons are happy with swapping Christmas like other family's and I'm sure they couldn't careless what the DM says . The number times the daily mail is mentioned on the RF is crazy you know what your going to get so read it for fun or give it a miss if it upsets you same with Twitter

Yeah, it helps with the amount of clicks and ad revenue, but it brainwashes people to actually believe something that's not true. We now live in a time where facts are thrown out the window, and false stories are the new facts.

I don't take too much of it seriously. As some of our British posters stated, the Daily Mail [and its readers] do not speak for the British public as a whole.

I have a British friend, who whenever I reference the Daily MAIL, she makes a face and states it should be on the bottom of a bird cage.:whistling:

But I totally get where you are coming from with this fake news thing..its very disturbing.

I don't take too much of it seriously. As some of our British posters stated, the Daily Mail [and its readers] do not speak for the British public as a whole.

I have a British friend, who whenever I reference the Daily MAIL, she makes a face and states it should be on the bottom of a bird cage.:whistling:

But I totally get where you are coming from with this fake news thing..its very disturbing.

I agree with you both. FRankly, we are getting to the stage where we have to ask for sources. "I've read" as viewed as reliant isnt enough, esp if its from comments on Mail online.

We are at risk of passing on gossip as fact - not good for the reputation of the site.

Unfortunately however, the Daily Mail has a very nasty and pervasive influence on public opinion within Britain. It's photos are wonderful, its articles pretty diabolical, and 'news' stories about the royal family mainly rubbish. And yet it is read.

I've never believed it to be very influential but I may be wrong. Sadly, while the broadsheets die the Mail has grown in strength, dwarfing its rivals, even the equally awful Sun. According to the figures below it has 29 million regular readers monthly perusing its selection of articles (including the pea brains who comment online on various stories presumably.)

NRS readership figures: Daily Mail/Mail Online grows UK monthly audience to 29m – Press Gazette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom