The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I don't know for sure, but I strongly recall, that one of the (several!) reasons that Wallis never received HRH was that if she were to have been widowed, any future children of hers would have been HRH. Although it was unlikely that she would have children, the possibility was there that she might marry again, and no one wished to see the offspring of Wallis and a car salesman become HRH. (No slur on car salesman, but Wallis was reported to have romanced one at one time.)
No, there was never any concern of that. Wallis would not have been made a HrH in her own right. Simply as extension of her husband. As soon as she remarried, she would lose the title. She certainly would never pass it on to any children she had with another man.

Old 12-16-2016, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince William and Kate Middleton to spend Christmas with the Middleton family | Daily Mail Online

Old 12-16-2016, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I can understand that Christmas day gets swapped between both families. But why aren't they doing a photo christmas card? That seems strange and a bit rude to me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall release cards and as does the York's. William and Catherine may start relesaing Christmas cards when they become The Prince and Princess of Wales.

Right now, the Cambridge's only release official family photos during Birthdays and holidays. I expect them to release some photos before Christmas, but KP isn't really into letting the media and others know the planning of these photos. In other words, there's not that much of a heads up. At least I hope they release some photos. It's always good to get some family photos of the Cambridge's. They're a beautiful family and I think everyone should be able to see them when possible.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2016, 05:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
I don't know for sure, but I strongly recall, that one of the (several!) reasons that Wallis never received HRH was that if she were to have been widowed, any future children of hers would have been HRH. Although it was unlikely that she would have children, the possibility was there that she might marry again, and no one wished to see the offspring of Wallis and a car salesman become HRH. (No slur on car salesman, but Wallis was reported to have romanced one at one time.)

That's inaccurate. The HRH title is passed through men, not women. Any children Wallace would have had with a man who wasn't the Duke of Windsor would have had no title.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-16-2016, 06:42 PM
Majesty

Not that my opinion matters, but this makes me happy. Things will be changing for the Middletons once Pippa marries, so, if true this will be a fun last hurrah before she does.
I think families are smart to consider situations that change for year to year as they make their Christmas plans. I know changing things up has made out Christmases more fun!
Old 12-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Majesty

i think that the middletons will continue doing xmas together even after pippa marries. i doubt their decision to go or not go has to do with pippa marrying. i can see in the future the middletons gathering at anmer hall and possibly joining WK and the RF to go to xmas service.
Old 12-16-2016, 07:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i think that the middletons will continue doing xmas together even after pippa marries. i doubt their decision to go or not go has to do with pippa marrying. i can see in the future the middletons gathering at anmer hall and possibly joining WK and the RF to go to xmas service.
I think it does have something to do with Pippa getting married and there is nothing wrong with that. This is the last Christmas before she marries, and perhaps the feeling is next year...Pippa will be with her in laws for the holiday.

Plus the last time the Cambridge's spent time with the Middleton for the holidays....2012. I imagine that Carole and Mike would like to see their grandkids waking up on Christmas morning.

There is also nothing wrong with married couples alternating the holiday's with their respective parents. I try not to read the comments on the Daily Mail [some of the nastiest people ever] but the way they are acting...you think the Middleton's kidnapped William, Charlotte and George and they have abandoned the Monarchy.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The Middletons were at Anmer in 2014. So they got to see George open presents then.
Old 12-16-2016, 08:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

This happens because people still not able to comprehend Catherine's family remains a priority in her life. The media and other royal watchers are used to the inlaws being shut out, and the person who married into the royal family being dedicated to the royal family only. The Middleton's class still play a part in this, especially now that George and Charlotte are in the picture.

It's pretty normal for me to understand a family splitting their holidays with both sides of the family. This has been happening for decades and it's happening this Christmas too. Why should the Cambridge's be different?

I'm sure the Cambridge's and Middleton's will be attending church too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2016, 09:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's kinda odd to me that anyone would think it unusual that a married couple NOT switch between grandparents/parents at major holidays. Royal family or not...I would think less of her if she let her parents be pushed out. It's obvious the BRF if fine with the idea of moving holidays around...in the future I would imagine the Middleton's (including Pippa/James) will be showing up at Balmoral or Sandringham (I forget where they do Christmas) more often.

LaRae
Old 12-16-2016, 10:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
It's kinda odd to me that anyone would think it unusual that a married couple NOT switch between grandparents/parents at major holidays. Royal family or not...I would think less of her if she let her parents be pushed out. It's obvious the BRF if fine with the idea of moving holidays around...in the future I would imagine the Middleton's (including Pippa/James) will be showing up at Balmoral or Sandringham (I forget where they do Christmas) more often.

LaRae
The folks online are going to have to learn that the Cambridge's switching holidays between the families are very normal. They have to get out of this thinking that the royal family are the only ones that matter. Catherine's family are important too. The Queen and royal family have no problem with the Cambridge's switching holidays with the Middleton's every now and then.

It's wrong for Richard Palmer to head his article about the Cambridge's snubbing The Queen on Christmas. He and the editors should know better than that and that's is far from the truth. It only get people wrongly worked up online.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2016, 10:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The folks online are going to have to learn that the Cambridge's switching holidays between the families are very normal. They have to get out of this thinking that the royal family are the only ones that matter. Catherine's family are important too. The Queen and royal family have no problem with the Cambridge's switching holidays with the Middleton's every now and then.

It's wrong for Richard Palmer to head his article about the Cambridge's snubbing The Queen on Christmas. He and the editors should know better than that and that's is far from the truth. It only get people wrongly worked up online.

Richard Palmer is no longer able to be objective as a royal reporter when it comes to the Cambridges and Harry. He seems to harbor personal animosity towards Kensington Palace.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Richard Palmer is no longer able to be objective as a royal reporter when it comes to the Cambridges and Harry. He seems to harbor personal animosity towards Kensington Palace.

Yeah, he needs to put all that animosity down somewhere. The "snubbing" headline wasn't fair nor true.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2016, 10:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Its what happens when a royal reporter get usurped by a direct use of social media.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, he needs to put all that animosity down somewhere. The "snubbing" headline wasn't fair nor true.
But it got look of clicks and that helps with the ad revenue.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
But it got look of clicks and that helps with the ad revenue.
Yeah, it helps with the amount of clicks and ad revenue, but it brainwashes people to actually believe something that's not true. We now live in a time where facts are thrown out the window, and false stories are the new facts.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-16-2016, 11:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm sure the Middletons are happy with swapping Christmas like other family's and I'm sure they couldn't careless what the DM says . The number times the daily mail is mentioned on the RF is crazy you know what your going to get so read it for fun or give it a miss if it upsets you same with Twitter
Old 12-16-2016, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, it helps with the amount of clicks and ad revenue, but it brainwashes people to actually believe something that's not true. We now live in a time where facts are thrown out the window, and false stories are the new facts.
I don't take too much of it seriously. As some of our British posters stated, the Daily Mail [and its readers] do not speak for the British public as a whole.

I have a British friend, who whenever I reference the Daily MAIL, she makes a face and states it should be on the bottom of a bird cage.

But I totally get where you are coming from with this fake news thing..its very disturbing.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
I don't take too much of it seriously. As some of our British posters stated, the Daily Mail [and its readers] do not speak for the British public as a whole.

I have a British friend, who whenever I reference the Daily MAIL, she makes a face and states it should be on the bottom of a bird cage.

But I totally get where you are coming from with this fake news thing..its very disturbing.
I agree with you both. FRankly, we are getting to the stage where we have to ask for sources. "I've read" as viewed as reliant isnt enough, esp if its from comments on Mail online.

We are at risk of passing on gossip as fact - not good for the reputation of the site.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-17-2016, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Unfortunately however, the Daily Mail has a very nasty and pervasive influence on public opinion within Britain. It's photos are wonderful, its articles pretty diabolical, and 'news' stories about the royal family mainly rubbish. And yet it is read.

I've never believed it to be very influential but I may be wrong. Sadly, while the broadsheets die the Mail has grown in strength, dwarfing its rivals, even the equally awful Sun. According to the figures below it has 29 million regular readers monthly perusing its selection of articles (including the pea brains who comment online on various stories presumably.)

NRS readership figures: Daily Mail/Mail Online grows UK monthly audience to 29m – Press Gazette

Closed Thread