General News for Queen Elizabeth II: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it was really wise by the communications department to announce that she had been taken in - if there really was nothing to worry about.... As she is 95 it just creates drama and speculations....

I understand that King Edward VII Hospital probably would not want to handle an enormous amount of journalists outside, if The Queen is just in for lets say blood, heart and lung tests and an x-ray.... But had i been in charge i probably would not have sent out the last statement at all...

Now media will be on their toes for the slightest signs and don’t really trust the official statements....

They didn't have a choice. The Sun broke the news earlier. All BP did was confirm it and explain that she was already back at Windsor and the tests were minor.

I wonder if it was really wise by the communications department to announce that she had been taken in - if there really was nothing to worry about.... As she is 95 it just creates drama and speculations....

I understand that King Edward VII Hospital probably would not want to handle an enormous amount of journalists outside, if The Queen is just in for lets say blood, heart and lung tests and an x-ray.... But had i been in charge i probably would not have sent out the last statement at all...

Now media will be on their toes for the slightest signs and don’t really trust the official statements....

The Palace issued the statement of her stay after The Sun broke the news. I don't think they would do if not for The Sun. More so, if there's no NI trip planned (which had to be cancelled), I don't think they'll issue any statement at all from the start.

We were told the same sort of thing back in February - about Philip - it was for observation for a pre-existing condition - turned into a month in hospital and a few weeks at home before he left us.

Please note - I am not suggesting that the Queen is on her last legs but more that what is released by BP is often quite misleading and they will play down any illness right to the end.

BP has the delicate task of balancing the needs of the senior Royal members are met, together with informing the public. Prince Philp may have known in Feb that his days were numbered and wanted to live out his life with the wish that the entire world not know. And honestly, if this was his wish, I cannot fault BP for being vague.

The Queen is 95 and incredibly pragmatic. She knows that at her age a simple infection, or mild condition could turn to be very nasty very quickly. She has the right to privacy; she has the right that her wishes are also met.

I thought she looked incredibly thin and frail last week and now to hear this news. I am concerned.

BP will of course downplay the situation.

It'd be a miracle if someone of 95 1/2 didn't have any sort of medical issues, but it's still worrying.

Pleased to hear she was allowed to go home after lunch. With those long corridors at Windsor I hope she can use an electric mobility scooter. They come in all sizes and she might find it fun. Wishing her very well and hope she improves.

The media will also likely push the whole spouses often don’t survive each other by very long thing, because it sells papers. Sometimes true, sometimes not.

HM hasn’t had any more medical issues than her mother was known to have had by 95, has she? Her diary has seemed to be busier of late than I would expect for her age so I wasn’t alarmed when the NI trip was cancelled. When I saw coverage of one of her engagements alongside the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, she looked better than I was expecting.

Also the government are asleep at the wheel on COVID again, if I was her medical team I would be advising her not to travel to NI. Someone who is fully jabbed and 95 likely isn’t mounting as good a immune response as most of us can expect from vaccination.

She's had a very busy couple of weeks - she wouldn't have been carrying out all those engagements if she felt seriously unwell. Even the cancellation of the Northern Ireland trip came at the last minute. But, with someone of her age, you have to be careful.

Windsor is a perfect location to relax and rest away from the hustle and bustle of London.

Hopefully H.M. will get plenty of rest and relaxation at Windsor.

The Queen has always been one to stay active and isn't one to just sit around the TV set eating bon bons. She grew up with the belief that spending time outdoors every day was imperative to good health (via Margaret Rhodes) and does that still to this day walking the dogs and riding her pony. It's her way of life and why she loves Balmoral so much.

Medical issues at 95 years old? I'm surprised that HM hasn't had more of them at the age she's reached. My husband is 74 and I'm 69 and our life is already centered around riding on the Medicare-Go-Round and the both of us would be greatly distressed if each and every tidbit about our health was made public and people speculated on how soon we would be circling the drain for the final time. I'd be very, very happy to have the health and stamina that HM has these days and she's 25 years older than I am.

At 69 years old, I've come to realize that life doesn't continue on into infinity and the older I get, the more acceptance I gain that life is a terminal disease in and of itself. Each day becomes a gift to live fully and that's how I think that the Queen perceives her life. She's going to do as much as she can for as long as she can with the realization that life *is* short for all of us. She's pragmatic and a realist and I'd bet my last piece of cheesecake that she does everything her doctors tell her to do (or not do) and keeps active walking and doing and that's the secret to her longevity.

When it does come to the Queen's medical issues, I don't feel we need to know the details and that her health issues should remain private between her and her doctors. I don't see her going to the hospital for something as a grand cause for alarm. Even with Philip, we weren't advised just how close to death he actually was until he actually passed away. We should show the Queen the same respect. Some things about a person should be able to be kept private.

While i don’t think there is any reason at all to worry for her life - the press statement from BP was strange and raises more questions than it solves...

I understand that they was more or less forced to say something as The Sun had publicized that she was in hospital.... But the wording of ”preliminary investigations” leaves the door open for a lot of speculation instead of killing the possibilities for speculations...

Ofcourse King Edward VII Hospital doesn’t want to handle floods of journalists camping outside around the clock and doing live coverage when there is the slightest movements at the hospital doors, if there is no reason for worry anyway..... They are likely both treating their own patients and helping NHS treating Covid so they don’t need the burden of media scrutiny for this too if there is no reason for alarm...

I am glad she is back home at Windsor, but i really hope she cuts down of engagements, slows down and takes care of herself... She may still feel like 35 in her brain, but her body is undoubtly 95 wether she likes it or not.

Well, considering that the Cambridges most likely are (were?) on vacation, seen leaving on Thursday afternoon, seems like there's nothing to worry about the Queen's health right now. Surely they won't go if there's something serious, right?

Well, considering that the Cambridges most likely are (were?) on vacation, seen leaving on Thursday afternoon, seems like there's nothing to worry about the Queen's health right now. Surely they won't go if there's something serious, right?

Do we know where the Cambridge's went? I suspect they are just at Anmer for half term.

Do we know where the Cambridge's went? I suspect they are just at Anmer for half term.

It's not reported where they're heading to.

But they were spotted at Heathrow so I think it's somewhere farther than Norfolk. If I'm not mistaken, sometimes they used helicopter (fly from KP to Sandringham), but in case if they want to avoid being called hypocrite post-Earthshot, if they're heading to Norfolk, I think it's more likely to spot them at King's Cross than Heathrow if driving is not an option (for whatever reason).

I think it was assumed that the Cambridge's are in Italy. The Wessex's did however cancel their holiday which they were to take from Thursday. They have stayed at Bagshot Park. They were to go to family in Germany.

While i don’t think there is any reason at all to worry for her life - the press statement from BP was strange and raises more questions than it solves...

I understand that they was more or less forced to say something as The Sun had publicized that she was in hospital.... But the wording of ”preliminary investigations” leaves the door open for a lot of speculation instead of killing the possibilities for speculations...

Ofcourse King Edward VII Hospital doesn’t want to handle floods of journalists camping outside around the clock and doing live coverage when there is the slightest movements at the hospital doors, if there is no reason for worry anyway..... They are likely both treating their own patients and helping NHS treating Covid so they don’t need the burden of media scrutiny for this too if there is no reason for alarm...

I am glad she is back home at Windsor, but i really hope she cuts down of engagements, slows down and takes care of herself... She may still feel like 35 in her brain, but her body is undoubtly 95 wether she likes it or not.

I agree - the use of the term 'preliminary investigations' was very odd. 'Preliminary' by definition means 'preceding or done in preparation for something fuller or more important.'
One wonders if perhaps she will have to undergo another procedure in the near future?
Let's hope not, or if necessary, let's hope it's minor and goes well.

"Preliminary" may just mean that they don't know for sure what the problem is and are doing scans or blood tests to try to rule certain things out or identify an issue, but it's all a bit worrying. Hopefully it's something minor.

Not going to lie -- the pictures they released today had me a bit worried. She was actives but she looks frail. She clearly has lost some weight. I think it is wise to let her rest.

The Dutch media mention that earlier this week a message was shared that from now on the queen would be accompanied by her children or grandchildren on each of her engagements (so they can step in if the queen cannot come - seems to be the thought). Was this indeed communicated?

They also stress that the palace tries to make it look like that nothing serious is going on by sharing pictures of the queen at work from Windsor Castle (receiving ambassadors virtually).

The Queen will not attend COP26. She will deliver an address to the assembled delegates via a recorded video message.

I’m kind of relieved to hear this. She’s not going to bounce back from even minor illnesses as quickly as she did when she was younger. Going from light duties at home to travelling to a high profile address and reception would be a big jump up in intensity. Better for her to gradually build up to a reasonable level of activity.

The Queen even looks fine for her age. At 95 years old, it is normal for the Queen to show some weakness, and perhaps also some health problems.
I believe the Queen still has a few years to live, she's been a seemingly healthy person so far and that's positive.

The Queen has had a hard twelve months emotionally as well. Few people would be expected to bounce back within a short space of time after losing one’s rock and partner of over seventy years. She probably lost her appetite as well.

I feel that she probably wanted to keep busy, especially after Covid restrictions, and has really overdone it in the last couple of months. However, even energiser bunnies of 95 need to take it easy, and the Queen is going to have to recognise that although the spirit is 100% at her age the flesh is not.

I think it's horrible to see a 95 years old still working. She deserves some rest.

I think it's horrible to see a 95 years old still working. She deserves some rest.

The Queen has taken her vow to serve the Crown, her country and Commonwealth for the remainder of her life very seriously. She deeply believes it is a job for life, i.e. until the day she takes her last breath.

I personally believe reigning Monarchs should retire, like in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Bhutan and Japan.

The Queen has taken her vow to serve the Crown, her country and Commonwealth for the remainder of her life very seriously. She deeply believes it is a job for life, i.e. until the day she takes her last breath.

I personally believe reigning Monarchs should retire, like in the Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Bhutan and Japan.
Yes and we all admire her, but I think it's a bit inhuman.

She had 18 months of hardly leaving Windsor Castle, due to the pandemic, and then suddenly she was doing a lot at once, and she seems to have overdone it. She won't retire, but it's a difficult situation - and it's not something that's ever really happened before. Queen Victoria was 81, but she'd never been as busy as the current Queen anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom