Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now *that* gave me a chuckle or three.

Old 03-18-2021, 09:37 AM
Majesty

I bet HM Queen Elizabeth had a very lady-like snicker. If you are going to take a cheap shot at the BRF, HM in particular, it behooves you have to be "on target" so to speak. This guy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door let alone a 65,000 tonne Aircraft Carrier.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:11 PM
Serene Highness

Another silly news, this time from the BBC Breakfast's interview with Robert Jenrick (Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government). Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty were the hosts of BBC Breakfast.

At the end of the interview before Jenrick's camera turns off/pans away, Charlie Stayt joked about the size of Jenrick's Union Jack in the office of Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Govt (MHCLG) compared to the Down Street Media/Press Briefing's. Jenrick laughed and smiled along with the two hosts. As camera turned back to the BBC studio, Charlie Stayt first said "just a thought". Naga Munchetty then commented on the picture of The Queen in MHCLG's office (in which Jenrick was in doing the interview). Stayt and Munchetty then mentioned that there is always an Union Jack in the Cabinet Minister's Office (in some cases The Queen's portrait) and these politicians are not afraid to show it in interview.

Brief video of the BBC interview:
Haggis_UK [Flag of United Kingdom] [Flag of European Union] @Haggis_UK
Charlie Stayt - "Robert Jenrick, your flag is just a little bit small." [Smiling face with smiling eyes]
#BBCBreakfast
6:48 PM · Mar 18, 2021·Twitter for Android
https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status...54942716391425

There were some outrage and has been picked by some papers. I assumed it's almost reminiscent to the Emily Thornberry's (the then Shadow Attorney General) tweet of "Image from Rochester" with picture the white coloured van in front of a house with three St. George flags. Emily Thornberry at that time was perceived to be "snobbish" and "sneering". The BBC was also accused of breaking impartiality rules. Oliver Dowden, Cultural Secretary told the Telegraph that BBC must respect values of the whole UK.

Outcry after 'sneering' BBC presenters mock minister over Union flag
Culture Secretary hits back at Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty’s comments, telling Telegraph BBC must respect values of whole UK
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...er-union-flag/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nion-flag.html

The next day Robert Jenrick tweeted out that the MHCLG office is proud to fly the British flag and attached a picture of the Union Jack, Portrait of the Queen, sofas and red box (Ministerial dispatch box) with EIIR monogram in his department office.
Robert Jenrick @RobertJenrick
We’re always proud to fly the Union Flag at @mhclg
It’s a symbol of liberty and freedom that binds the whole country together.
5:14 AM · Mar 19, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/RobertJenrick/st...12389779161102

Naga Munchetty then apologise for liking tweets that were offensive on the use of British flag
Naga Munchetty @TVNaga01
I 'liked' tweets today that were offensive in nature about the use of the British flag as a backdrop in a government interview this morning.
I have since removed these 'likes'.
This do not represent the views of me or the BBC.
I apologise for any offence taken.
Naga
6:28 AM · Mar 19, 2021·Twitter for Android
https://twitter.com/TVNaga01/status/1372631015164948482

I personally think the whole "saga" is just silly and provided more ammunition to the Defund the BBC campaign. I'm not questioning the right of Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty in making these comments, but what is their purpose exactly? The Union Jack and picture of the Queen are not even in Jenrick's home, there are from his office, more specifically Her Majesty's Governments office (hence the portrait of The Queen). He probably has little input on how to arrange the MHCLG office for media interview or online conference. I don't even understand the outrage either, given that Jenrick just laughed it off at the end of his interview.

Even a royal watcher and royal family fan has posted this saga/incident on instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMk0x-0nxYK/
Old 03-19-2021, 05:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Another silly news, this time from the BBC Breakfast's interview with Robert Jenrick (Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government). Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty were the hosts of BBC Breakfast.

I personally think the whole "saga" is just silly and provided more ammunition to the Defund the BBC campaign. I'm not questioning the right of Charlie Stayt and Naga Munchetty in making these comments, but what is their purpose exactly? The Union Jack and picture of the Queen are not even in Jenrick's home, there are from his office, more specifically Her Majesty's Governments office (hence the portrait of The Queen). He probably has little input on how to arrange the MHCLG office for media interview or online conference. I don't even understand the outrage either, given that Jenrick just laughed it off at the end of his interview.

Even a royal watcher and royal family fan has posted this saga/incident on instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMk0x-0nxYK/

The point is the BBC is a publicly funded body and they were mocking the Union Jack and the photograph of HM.
As journalists they should know that all government buildings have the flag and photographs of the queen.

How was that balanced journalism, Naga Munchetty has shown her personal thoughts on many an occasion, that is not her role.
I think everybody is trying to be the new Piers Morgan.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Administrator

Queen Elizabeth has sent a message to the people of Tanzania following the death of President John Magufuli:

Quote:
"Prince Philip and I were saddened to learn of the death of President John Magufuli. I wish to convey my condolences to his loved ones and my deepest sympathy to the people of Tanzania." - Elizabeth R.
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Old 03-19-2021, 04:23 PM
Courtier

I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I really have to ask...has anyone watched the video of the virtual meeting today that included HM and the DoC? When I watched it the first time and saw all of the participants in their own little boxes I really noticed only the warm "Good morning, Camilla" and little chat between the two. However, I've just watched another video of it that alternated between close ups of the two along with photographs and it very much appears that HM either has something in her front bottom teeth or has a missing/cracked tooth. I've never noticed it before and even watched twice to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Did anyone else notice this? Please tell me that I haven't just been totally oblivious to this for ages?
Old 03-19-2021, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Heather_ View Post
I apologize if this is in the wrong place but I really have to ask...has anyone watched the video of the virtual meeting today that included HM and the DoC? When I watched it the first time and saw all of the participants in their own little boxes I really noticed only the warm "Good morning, Camilla" and little chat between the two. However, I've just watched another video of it that alternated between close ups of the two along with photographs and it very much appears that HM either has something in her front bottom teeth or has a missing/cracked tooth. I've never noticed it before and even watched twice to be sure I wasn't seeing things. Did anyone else notice this? Please tell me that I haven't just been totally oblivious to this for ages?
I have noticed this before I cannot remember the first time I saw it but it has been quite a while.
Old 03-19-2021, 04:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I have noticed this before I cannot remember the first time I saw it but it has been quite a while.
Although with the pandemic, it's possible to have zoom calls and appear perfectly made up and dressed to the nines, what we don't see is the 10 year old sweats and bunny slippers from the waist down. What the downside is that those close ups really show things we'd rather people not see. Makes me really understand why I hate it when hubby is on a video call and he'll direct the camera at me in all my bedhead glory and no makeup or even my dentures in. I tell him time and time again when he does that that the next time, his phone will end up in the toilet but I've really not had the nerve to actually act on that yet. Usually I'm in the middle of writing a post though too.
Old 03-19-2021, 05:25 PM
Nobility

I have noticed this tooth for quite a long time, and I think its just a misplaced tooth. You know, he leans a bit forward or inwards, I dont know how to describe.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:23 AM
Serene Highness

Her Majesty The Queen has sent a special delivery of British grown daffodils to St. George's University Hospital (NHS) to staffs and patients. Reverend Chris van D’Arque, who is pictured, and his team took the delivery.
St George's NHS FT @StGeorgesTrust
A big thank you to @RoyalFamily for the special delivery of daffodils to St George’s today. Reverend Chris van D’Arque and team took delivery of the flowers, which will be appreciated by patients and staff!
11:15 PM · Mar 30, 2021·Twitter Web App
https://twitter.com/StGeorgesTrust/s...70715023056896
Old 04-01-2021, 05:50 AM
Gentry

What a lovely gesture! How heart cheering for those who are receiving these little bundles of daffodils.
Old 04-01-2021, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a wonderful pre Easter gift for the staff and patients at St. George's University Hospital.
Old 04-08-2021, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is absolutely wonderful...HM and Philip look so young and beautiful (and he looks thin as a rail)....

Quote:
Unseen footage of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh captured during a break on their 1953 tour to New Zealand����It will be shown tonight as part of the @ITV documentary The Queen Unseen.
https://twitter.com/lizzieitv/status...114153986?s=21
Old 04-08-2021, 03:59 PM
Nobility

They look so young and happy, it made me smile.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii