Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 11:10 PM
Aristocracy

How serious is this ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's on all news reports here in Australia. I have a feeling it's Phillip. I'm sure if it wasn't serious they would be saying something to calm everyone down.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Commoner

Buckingham Palace is trending on Twitter.
Discrimination still exists. Some people feel that their own beliefs are being threatened. Some are unhappy about unfamiliar cultures. They all need to be reassured that there is so much to be gained by reaching out to others; that diversity is indeed a strength and not a threat.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:29 PM
Nobility

My feeling is that it's the Queen
Old 05-03-2017, 11:35 PM
Majesty

But if it's the death of the Queen isn't that news passed on straight away? Is there a news blackout on BP websites from now until 8am London time? I guess that we will have to await an official announcement.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Majesty

If Prince Philip has passed away, it's very sudden. He had an engagement at Lord's Cricket Ground just yesterday. :-(
Old 05-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Serene Highness

Please continue to post. Here in the U.S. we will be the last to know.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Didn't they say during the Christmas cold it wouldn't be announced until 8am even if it's the Queen? They would wake up the royals but it would not be announced until the morning if something happened at night.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Serene Highness

What's going on? There is no news in the U.S. about anything. Please keep posting.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Courtier

Maybe an abdication announcement? This is right on the heels of what was described as an "unusually long" meeting between Theresa May and HM today.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Nobility

It's local Election Day in the U.K. today it has got to be something big as they would avoid announcing anything today and wouldn't be calling staff who would be voting locally to a emergency meeting.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:43 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Philip has had trouble with his heart before, so it is possible that he has had a heart attack. I didn't think anything serious was going on until I saw reports of roads to Buckingham Palace being closed.

I hope not, but he is an old man.

This wait is also bringing back memories of last fall when my dad passed away suddenly (I wasn't at home) and didn't find out until the next morning.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Lyman View Post
It's local Election Day in the U.K. today it has got to be something big as they would avoid announcing anything today and wouldn't be calling staff who would be voting locally to a emergency meeting.
Exactly. If it as abdication (Which clearly it not) The Queen would wait and announcement hat most likely after UK General election. And Why else would Royal Family "allegedly" be called to PAalce at this of night?

If the Queen had any intention of abdicating clearly ti be in the day time that she would tell them.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Majesty

Perhaps that was a long discussion about the dissolution of Parliament.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Aristocracy

I have heard that the flag over BP has been lowered to half mast. Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Majesty

My condolences rmay286. My father passed away quite suddenly, and I was away as well. It's a real shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
This wait is also bringing back memories of last fall when my dad passed away suddenly (I wasn't at home) and didn't find out until the next morning.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Majesty

I saw a correction of that rumour on Twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbevb View Post
I have heard that the flag over BP has been lowered to half mast. Can anyone confirm this ?
Old 05-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just waiting to hear something from the Royal reporters and correspondents.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-03-2017, 11:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
What's going on? There is no news in the U.S. about anything. Please keep posting.

An Australian media website has reported that UK media is "swarming to Buckingham Palace" LadyGabrielle.

Whether this is accurate or not, this is no longer confined to twitter as many mainstream media are detailing the meeting - saying it was called at 3.00am London time - without trying to fan the speculation.

A New Zealand newspaper is reporting their calls to Buckingham Palace are going un-answered.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:51 PM
Courtier

If this all turns out to be nothing and Prince Philip is just fine, I look forward to him going to his scheduled engagements tomorrow and having a good laugh at our expense.

But in the meantime, I don't think I'll be going to bed anytime soon until we hear something definitive.

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii