The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Nobility

She's always riding the same fellpony, right? Carltonlima Emma, if I'm not mistaken. Does someone know how old Emma is? Because I could imagine, that HM choses to quit riding once Emma is too old, just like she quit riding on TTC when Burmese was too old if I remember well.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Queen has ridden the same way for probably 70+ years, she is no doubt of the opinion - I'm not changing my ways now. Maybe for a woman who has her own water taken with her when she travels she likes having one area of her life she chooses to take a little risk in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Some things never change. The Queen out for a ride is one of them. Its where she finds her peace and serenity in a very busy world.
The Queen is, according to several former staffers and serious commentators, a very practical and pragmatic woman.
That's why she stopped with long-haul travel after her Australian trip in 2011, her walkabouts after the Jubilee in 2012, her foreign travel after her visit to Malta in 2015, her breeding of corgis, because she reportedly feared tripping over a young dog hurting herself in the process, and she didn't want to leave behind dogs when she dies. - And if she dosen't feel up to it anymore, then she will stop with the riding as well (which vill be wery soon, I hope/think).

And remember: She stopped riding large horses before she turned 80, and scaled down her riding with fell pony Carltonlima Emma in 2013.
She didn't do it because she had to, but because it was reasonable considering her age. - It was the same with her foreign travel.
I don't remember where i heard it, but I think it was BBC's royal correspondent Nicholas Witchell who said it on BBC News Channel, he had heard it from the palace, I think.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirilschatz View Post
She's always riding the same fellpony, right? Carltonlima Emma, if I'm not mistaken. Does someone know how old Emma is? Because I could imagine, that HM choses to quit riding once Emma is too old, just like she quit riding on TTC when Burmese was too old if I remember well.
Yes, now she only rides Carltonlima Emma, she's even taken up to Balmoral (from Windsor) when HM is there.
I'm not sure how old she is, but if you spend some time looking, then you'll probably find it out on the internet.

Old 06-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been my Queen and her Consort my entire life. HM is the same age as my mother and she spent the last ten years of her life in a secure facility for dementia patients.

Both HM and Prince Philip have avoided that awful fate and whenever I see a ninety-two-year-old Queen ride her Fell pony or a ninety-seven-year-old Prince drive a carriage, I smile and occasionally even laugh. They still enjoy each other's company and participate in their favourite hobbies.

That is how I want to see them, living their lives to the full, enjoying the small pleasures of the occasional tipple. They've worked for it, they've earned it, and no one has the right to deprive them of it. I never want to see them wrapped in virtual bubble wrap, protected from the life they have lived and still want to participate in.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

‪Happy Father’s Day from Prince Charles to his father with a beautiful very old picture!

"A five month old Prince Charles and his father The Duke of Edinburgh are photographed at Buckingham Palace in 1949."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkHtN2Qg...=clarencehouse

"Here’s a collection of photographs from the #RoyalArchives of The Duke of Edinburgh with his children: The Prince of Wales @ClarenceHouse, The Princess Royal, @hrhthedukeofyork and The Earl of Wessex."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkH10RSH...theroyalfamily
Old 06-17-2018, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Cartier Queens Cup today:
The Queen and Prince Philip meet polo winners at Windsor Great Park | Daily Mail Online

The Duke was also seen carriage riding yesterday.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Here are some more photos of Queen Elizabeth at the Cartier Queens Cup:

** gettyimages gallery **
Old 06-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Some friends and I spent the afternoon watching the Polo, at the Guards Polo club, in Egham..

Here are some photos -
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cartier.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	301322   Click image for larger version

Name:	cartier 3.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	301323   Click image for larger version

Name:	cartier 2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	301324  
Old 06-17-2018, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for sharing the photos, wyevale!

HM and Philip (as we saw in the DM article that Lumutqueen posted) looked great.

--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip have been my Queen and her Consort my entire life. HM is the same age as my mother and she spent the last ten years of her life in a secure facility for dementia patients.

Both HM and Prince Philip have avoided that awful fate and whenever I see a ninety-two-year-old Queen ride her Fell pony or a ninety-seven-year-old Prince drive a carriage, I smile and occasionally even laugh. They still enjoy each other's company and participate in their favourite hobbies.

That is how I want to see them, living their lives to the full, enjoying the small pleasures of the occasional tipple. They've worked for it, they've earned it, and no one has the right to deprive them of it. I never want to see them wrapped in virtual bubble wrap, protected from the life they have lived and still want to participate in.
Well, I wasn't writing that we should ''deprive'' them of anything.

I was just explaining that her riding makes me a little worried, nothing else.
Old 06-17-2018, 10:21 PM
Majesty

Truth be told, I worry a little as well even though I know that worry is a wasted emotion. They are both going to go when it is their time and not before and, they are going to go with their boots on!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the wonderful pictures wyevale....bet you had a great afternoon!
Old 06-18-2018, 07:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Philip ant today carriage-driving in the grounds of Windsor Castle.

Prince Philip looks rides in his horse and carriage at Windsor | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-19-2018, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Windsor Castle is closed to the public on Friday 13 July, which suggests that's the day that the Queen will be receiving her US counterpart.

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter
Old 06-19-2018, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Windsor Castle is closed to the public on Friday 13 July, which suggests that's the day that the Queen will be receiving her US counterpart.

Via Majesty Magazine Twitter
If so it's a fitting date.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
If so it's a fitting date.
Hope it turns out much better though than it did for Jacques de Molay though.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Hope it turns out much better though than it did for Jacques de Molay though.
Do we really hope so?
Old 06-19-2018, 04:52 PM
Majesty

Thanks Paul and JR76 . . . It's great to to start the day with a good chortle. 🤗
Old 06-20-2018, 06:45 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh was pictured on the grounds of Windsor Castle again today, June 20:

** dailymail: A royal procession of his own! Prince Philip, 97, enjoys a horse and carriage ride at Windsor..**
Old 06-20-2018, 08:06 PM
Majesty

Its not a state visit but theyre going to meet up at Windsor Castle for photos and the like

US Ambassador to Britain confirms Trump will meet Queen next month | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This visit should prove to be interesting. One thing I am sure of is that HM will welcome Mr. President and be as courteous and interested as she has with just about everyone else during her long reign.

The timing is good too. A low key "working visit" to Windsor Castle and then its time to get ready to head to Balmoral for her summer break.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It’s not a state visit but they’re going to meet up at Windsor Castle for photos and the like

US Ambassador to Britain confirms Trump will meet Queen next month | Daily Mail Online
No surprise there.

QEII is a head of state, President Trump is a head of state. Of course he will drop by to say hi.
Everything else would be rude and a diplomatic insult.

Of course political neutral heads of states can develop "a diplomatic flu" if they really don't want to meet a visiting foreign head of state. (*) But I cannot imagine this will happen here, unless of course QEII actually does develop a flu.

(*) I believe the late dictator Idi Amin caused several "diplomatic flus" during his many travels abroad...

Closed Thread

Tags
duke of edinburgh, general news, prince philip, queen elizabeth ii