General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her Majesty the Queen has today issued a proclamation instructing the issuance of millions of commemorative 50 pence coins showing the Brexit date of 31st January 2020.

She looks like she has aged about 20 years since last week's church service.

She looks like she has aged abn her.bout 20 years since last week's church service.

Well, she isn’t wearing the makeup she usually has on for attending church.
But this has to have taken a toll on her. After all she has done for Harry and Meghan she has to be feeling betrayed and a sense of loss.

Last edited:
That is what you want to see in the picture��

Exactly!This whole charade is hyped up beyond belief,too ridiculous for words indeed!As appears common these days for the empty headed..The woman is phenomanal at 93,an age many will never reach yet she is there and she's in charge,not that that idiot pretentious non-star quality in Canada.Never.

HM looks as good as a 93 year old would do - though it does appear as if she has been lacking in sleep over the past few days which would be understandable given the recent debacle.

Queen, 93, pulls out of her annual visit to Sandringham branch of Women's Institute with just 30 minutes' notice because she 'has a cold'.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7921099/Queen-93-pulls-annual-visit-Sandringham-WI.html

That's unfortunate, since that was something that both she and the women of the WI seemed to always look forward to.

It's a bit worrying that it was on such short notice, though, and that she has a cold after all the stress she has been under recently.

In a picture of QEII going to church on January 12th (wearing the caramel coat) you can clearly see what appears to be a white handkerchief in her right hand. At the time it worried me a bit because you normally don't see things like that. I hope the stress of the Sussex situation hasn't worn her down. Hopefully the link below will show the picture.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...car-after-news-photo/1199014791?adppopup=true

Last edited:
At 93, even a common cold and the sniffles affects the human metabolism in a much worse way than a young, healthy adult. As much as I know the Queen looks forward to her meeting with the WI, I'm glad she's taking the proper precautions and taking care of herself first and foremost.

I'd do the same thing if I am lucky enough to live to be 93. :D

I also think the Queen did well to be on her guard. After the age of 90, there is little care, as sometimes a mild constipation can become a worse thing.
I hope you recover quickly.

I hope she recovers soon.

It just dawned on me that we should cherish every visit made by Her Majesty as it could very well be her last.

Speaking matter-of-factly, Her Majesty is OLD and has lived longer than the life expectancy of the average westerner in a highly developed country.
At Her Majesty's age, anything major can happen from something seemingly minor.

I hope she recovers soon.

It just dawned on me that we should cherish every visit made by Her Majesty as it could very well be her last.

Speaking matter-of-factly, Her Majesty is OLD and has lived longer than the life expectancy of the average westerner in a highly developed country.
At Her Majesty's age, anything major can happen from something seemingly minor.

I agree :sad:
I hope HM recovers soon and wraps up warm during the cold weather.

That's unfortunate, since that was something that both she and the women of the WI seemed to always look forward to.

Yes I was thinking the same its an annual post Christmas tradition but can't be helped seeing as the queen has a cold.

Queen Elizabeth today, February 11, arrived back in London after her annual Sandringham break:

** rex gallery ** pa gallery **

Last edited:
Well the Express website is often just full of rehashed gossip, even just reporting rumours on twitter or comments from documentaries as news. The actual paper is a little more trustworthy (how much I'll leave for others to work out) but its a reoccurring problem with many newspaper websites. They have to fill endless pages with something whereas a print newspaper has a limited content so only the best (or actual news) goes in.

The headline - Abbey does what it has always done for past 60+ years - hardly gets clicks now does it lol

"The headline - Abbey does what it has always done for past 60+ years - hardly gets clicks now does it lol"

:previous: Enjoying the humor Tommy100. So really, business as usual!

Westminster Abbey is a Royal Peculiar. https://www.englishcathedrals.co.uk/cathedrals/royal-perculiars/

So historically because Westminster Abbey is a Royal Peculiar the bells are rung for the birthdays of HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh; their children; and ... The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their children.

Learning every day;)

She looks great in her quintessential HM's regal casual look. I also love that she allows herself to wear sunglasses when not 'on-duty'. She needs to be a little kinder to herself, as the glare from overcast skys or worse, partially sunny. The glare is really bad for ones eyes but I think she has trained herself not to squint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom