General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip 2: March 2017 - April 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always say, “it’s gonna be an epic moment in our worlds history when God closes Queen Elizabeth II eyes.” She’s the only British Monarch most of us has ever known. The very thought of her not being the reigning monarch in the U.K. is very hard for most to even comprehend.

When you really think about it, we're witnessing the history of an Elizabethan age. The first Elizabeth (dubbed the virgin Queen which is still debatable) might have worn some nice ruffs and those weird hip thingies that took hours to pour a body into (saw a documentary recently about those clothes) but the Elizabethan age we're living in is about a woman that has as her best accessory, her smile that reaches her eyes. And... she's also Gan-Gan.
*THE* grand matriarch. :D

Can I mention now that the most remembered monarchs of the UK were women yet? So much for male primogeniture. That's gone down the tubes ;)

Last edited:
So it seems that the holiday period is finally over for HM and Philip - I hope they had a lovely time staying at her grandfather's beloved Sandringham. Back to work for HM now :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sparks-concern-photographed-bruised-hand.html

The DM has noted that during her recent audience with the Jordanian royals the Queen appeared to have a large bruise on her hand.

The Queen sparked health concerns today after she was photographed with her hand noticeably purple at Buckingham Palace.

The 92-year-old monarch was pictured smiling as she joined with Princess Anne to host King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan yesterday.

But eagle-eyed Twitter users noticed that Her Majesty's left hand appeared to be bruised as she posed for official photographs in London.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sparks-concern-photographed-bruised-hand.html

The DM has noted that during her recent audience with the Jordanian royals the Queen appeared to have a large bruise on her hand.

The Queen sparked health concerns today after she was photographed with her hand noticeably purple at Buckingham Palace.

The 92-year-old monarch was pictured smiling as she joined with Princess Anne to host King Abdullah, Queen Rania and Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan yesterday.

But eagle-eyed Twitter users noticed that Her Majesty's left hand appeared to be bruised as she posed for official photographs in London.

I think it’s just a sign of her age. She’s an old woman.

Having worked with the elderly myself and also having a daughter 2 months from getting her RN (she looked too) ...looks like she either had a fall or accidently hit something while moving her hand around.

Her hand does look puffy too.

LaRae

:previous: Interesting that HM has also decided to give up public driving (and only now, too). Knowing these two they'll still find a way to keep healthy and active as ever.

The Queen still has horseback riding. Hopefully this is some consolation for her.

“The Queen is to finally give up driving on public roads following the Duke of Edinburgh’s car crash earlier this year. The decision is likely to have been a reluctant one for the Queen, 92, who has enjoyed being at the wheel for 8 decades “

:previous: Interesting that HM has also decided to give up public driving (and only now, too). Knowing these two they'll still find a way to keep healthy and active as ever.

In every marriage, there are compromises to be made. What are the odds that HM saw this as a compromise to get Philip to stop driving!

She will no longer drive on 'public roads', so I assume she fully intends to continue driving on private roads; and she is one of the few people who have quite some private roads to drive on.

From all I've read, driving on private land is where the Queen actually did most of her driving. She wasn't taking on London traffic. Occasionally we'd see her driving to and from church on Sundays and I imagine that is where she'd be on public roads.

One thing age does give us sometimes is wisdom to concede to it and I believe this is the sole reason for the Queen to make this announcement. Perhaps Philip did figure in to it and they're both conceding to the age factor. Together.

Last edited:
She regularly drives to and from her racing stables.

:previous:

Here are some more photos of yesterday's ride, including photos of the Duke of Edinburgh who was seen yesterday as well:

** rex gallery **

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear! I just think this is being very stubborn. Other people, who are not nearly 98 years old, drive on the private roads of the Royal estates, and just because they are private doesn't mean that there is no possibility of an accident. I just hope Prince Philip has his RPOs with him in the car at all times.

Oh dear! I just think this is being very stubborn. Other people, who are not nearly 98 years old, drive on the private roads of the Royal estates, and just because they are private doesn't mean that there is no possibility of an accident. I just hope Prince Philip has his RPOs with him in the car at all times.

Whilst I would not necessarily advise Philip to drive at all, I think he is well within his rights to drive on private roads.

Also, I am not sure how having the RPOs in the car will help at all. He is probably followed around by the RPOs at a discrete distance.

It's legal but, to be honest, I'm surprised that anyone would have thought he wouldn't still drive on the estate.

Personally I think handling a carriage with two very large (and very beautiful) horses is far more mentally and physically taxing.

Hard to be sure w/ the glare in the photos, but he appears to be alone in the vehicle.

I do agree that it is a bit off to see Philip driving, even on private grounds, not too long after he had given up driving. He clearly loves driving and doesn't want to give it up completely; though it's better to be safe than sorry.

Wonderfull Lady,she Reigns longer then my age...which Always makes me feel younger then I am...?

So this is completely unsubstantiated, I personally haven’t seen him, but Prince Philip was apparently seen in the market town of Nantwich in Cheshire yesterday. I work just outside of Nantwich, and one of my colleagues saw him in the town. Whether he was mistake or not, I’m not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom