General News for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh 1: July 2008-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice Foster writes in this article that the Queen ''emerges from sick bed to give honour at Sandringham'', although we've heard from multiple sources that the Queen is up and about and dealing with the red boxes.

You have to wonder whether it is ignorance or whether she's lying? And I actually think she is lying, since she writes further down in the article that the Queen is also said to be up and about.

Queen health latest: Elizabeth II EMERGES from sick bed to give honour at Sandringham | Royal | News | Daily Express

Britons across the country have been concerned about the their beloved monarch’s health after she fell ill more than a fortnight ago.

But in the first welcome sign of recovery, the monarch has given an honour to Ray Wheaton, her trusted Queen's Page of the Chambers.

The court circular records that the Queen has made him a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order (LVO) for services to the Royal Family and household.

The Queen is also said to be up and about and dealing with red boxes of official papers while she continues to recover at her estate in Norfolk.

Another thing I wonder is whether the newspapers in this country is obsessed with the Queen's death, since both the Sun, Mirror, Express, Metro and several local newspapers have written articles about it.

What happens when the Queen dies? From 12 days of mourning to who will become monarch - Mirror Online

What happens when the Queen dies? From Queen Elizabeth's funeral to Charles's coronation | Royal | News | Daily Express

What happens when the Queen dies? What to expect after Queen Elizabeth's death | Metro News

She may just have a heavy cold, but what does happen next when the Queen dies? | Bristol Post

And I for one believe that those people believing the stories provide so much entertainment for the rest of us. Great to watch some of them on TRF: they will make a grand statement, and the moment you quiz them, they start to throw their toys out of their prams.
I agree!

Lately I've really been getting fed up with all the media in general and with the Queen's being reported as having a "heavy cold", it seemed like all of the idiots came out from under their rock and had to get their own two cents worth of exaggeration in. Its kind of sad but for eons, the general public has had to rely on professional journalists to relay the facts. Now its a rare thing to find a truly professional journalist.

So far, TRF has really stuck with the rules that statements could and should be backed up by credible sources. Its just getting harder and harder to find credible sources and its the word of the Daily Mail and the other tabloids that reign supreme as far as links go.

I think my grandmother had it right. She always said "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear". :D
I've been fed up with the british media for a long time now, especially the Daily Express and their stupid stories and of course Shakespeare/Hardcastle and their lies. But we have to admit that lies and scandals sell, while the boring truth does not.

Alice Foster writes in this article that the Queen ''emerges from sick bed to give honour at Sandringham'', although we've heard from multiple sources that the Queen is up and about and dealing with the red boxes.

Perhaps she got wind of the tabloids putting together the breaking news about Camilla pushing the Queen out in the bitter cold in her nightgown and realized that in order to do so, the Queen must have been downstairs and standing in front of french doors handing out the honor when Camilla quickly acted. :whistling:

I've been fed up with the british media for a long time now, especially the Daily Express and their stupid stories and of course Shakespeare/Hardcastle and their lies. But we have to admit that lies and scandals sell, while the boring truth does not.

Y'know, I've just realized and to me this is the first downside of finding and joining TRF. Before I came here, I had never heard of the Daily Mail. Honest. No lies. Never heard of it. Then again I never really looked at American tabloids at all either. I majored in journalism so sensationalism has never appealed to me.

I'm still waiting for the latest breaking news that a gin soaked Camilla has forced HM to stand out in the bitter cold in her nightgown to exacerbate her death as Camilla is greedily hungering for the jewels that only a Queen Consort can wear.
Its the type of crapola that's been posted around in various links here and there.

My bird Blinkydoo (my avatar) needs a new bird cage liner.

"Dying Queen gives Throne to William; Tells Drunken Camilla, You'll Never be Queen". Is this the one you mean?

"Dying Queen gives Throne to William; Tells Drunken Camilla, You'll Never be Queen". Is this the one you mean?

Pretty sure I've read that headline at least once a month, every month, for the last 12 years.

The tabloids have had the Queen as dying and Camilla as a drunk since Camilla and Charles married. It's just like the only time Kate isn't pregnant with twins is when she's just emerging from the hospital with a newborn.

At this age, folks are naturally worried about her health. Any illness that would cause her to sit out family events will cause people worry a bit.

I do think we must get used to the fact that more and serious illnesses will come about for her now. She's human before she's a Queen.

Worry yes, think She is on her death bed because she has been sick for one week, no. The media is trying to drum up ridiculous conspiracy theories, and the sad thing is there are gullible enough people. I am expecting stories of hospitals being set up at sandringham to hide the queen is on life support, if a photo of her Doesn't appear.

Yes people should be prepared for illness stories to come. Just like any senior. But to be mentally preparing mourning clothes is extreme.

Last edited:
...The media is trying to drum up ridiculous co spinach theories...
Autocorrect has become my favorite 21st century invention - I get a good chuckle out of some 'correction' the computer does for some hapless poster (including myself) at least once a day!
I agree, the conspiracy theory articles are the most preposterous of the lot.
Carry on.

Worry yes, think She is on her death bed because she has been sick for one week, no. The media is trying to drum up ridiculous conspiracy theories, and the sad thing is there are gullible enough people. I am expecting stories of hospitals being set up at sandringham to hide the queen is on life support, if a photo of her Doesn't appear.

Yes people should be prepared for illness stories to come. Just like any senior. But to be mentally preparing mourning clothes is extreme.

You have to ignore the silly stories. There's real worries out there and it's all very natural. Again, she's in her 90's now. People will get a bit on edge when The Queen gets sick.

I do ignore them. Unfortunately other people don't. You see hints of the over dramatics on this board. The reasonable person knows she is at home, not In a hospital, and was healthy enough to fly two weeks ago. All these are signs that she has a cold as said and taking simple precautions. The continued need to stress that this is worrisome, is just deepening such fear in others.

The tragedy is that it has already happened. Robert Jobson was on Australian television and said that Sandringham now was set up as a hospital.

One thing for sure though is that even though the Queen is out of sight, she isn't ever far from being in our minds. It shows that not only a nation and a commonwealth but also people around the globe care and are concerned about HM, The Queen.

To be missed and concerned about on this scale is something that very few people ever receive.

One thing for sure though is that even though the Queen is out of sight, she isn't ever far from being in our minds. It shows that not only a nation and a commonwealth but also people around the globe care and are concerned about HM, The Queen.

To be missed and concerned about on this scale is something that very few people ever receive.
I agree! And she deserves it.

I think that's what people don't understand. Queen Elizabeth II is one of the most well known and respected monarch in the world. When she's not feeling well, especially at this age, people are very naturally concerned.

Now, people will write silly stories and it's what tabs do. One just have ignore it, but there's real concern out there though.

I hope The Queen continues to feel better.

Rumours are quite interesting. What exactly was the story with the guard meant to imply? It may imply that the quality newspaper such as Times is yellow now.

On a different note, it remains to be seen what will happen.

Last edited:

Nelson Mandela and Pope John Paul II are people who were loved in the global scale however they were sick for many years before they passed. The Queen has been relatively healthy so it now becomes a shock to some that the Queen can get sick and is going die sooner rather than later.

Also it is the super slow Royal time of the year. If the Queen was healthy and fine, we would only have seen her going to church each Sunday. So she missed a week including a high profile Christmas service plus the 2016 high profile deaths have people nervous.

Our beloved Queen is the most popular, iconic, well-known and most famous head of state (some would say person) in the world. She is the head of state of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and 12 countries in the Pacific/Caribbean that have become independent since her accession. She is also head of the Commonwealth and is in that capacity figurehead for 2 billion people. And she is almost 91.

So yes, I realize that people are concerned, but they don't need to be over-concerned. HM The Queen is not done yet, and our second Elizabethan age is not over yet.

Last edited:
When do the Guardsmen patrol the gardens of BP? The Guards stand at sentry boxes in the front of the palace . The gardens are in the back. There are police that are responsible for the grounds. Andrew had a run with the police when in the garden when they did not recognize him

Our beloved Queen is the most popular, iconic, well-known and most famous head of state (some would say person) in the world. She is the head of state of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and 12 small countries in the Caribbean. She is also head of the Commonwealth and is in that capacity figurehead for 2 billion people. And she is almost 91.

So yes, I realize that people are concerned, but they don't need to be over-concerned. HM The Queen is not done yet, and our second Elizabethan age is not over yet.

That's right and long may she reign, but we're in the last years of her reign and I think that's where a lot of the concerns were coming from too.

Dramatic story. But I doubt such a guard, whether military or police would have opened fire directly at an unknown intruder.
It's much more plausible the guard's next more would have been to fire a warning shot and sounded the alarm after encountering an unknown intruder, who did not respond. - And if QEII had come at him, only then would he have fired for effect.

Armed police challenged Prince Andrew when he was wandering the grounds once - we know because he made them apologise publicly. I'm not 100% convinced this story about the Queen is true but I can well imagine her responding with her quip about phoning before hand next time.

The original story was in the Times so that sounds pretty legit. Really the story itself is not that dramatic, it seems like he realized that it was the Queen pretty soon and was nowhere near to the point of drawing his weapon, the kicker of the story was him saying to the Queen, "Bloody hell, Your Majesty, I nearly shot you,” but it really seems like it is was more about his informality than him being on the verge of shooting the Queen.

Last edited:
I can see her being stopped, and even her quip, but the whole shot thing seems an exaggeration. No guard us going to just shoot at an intruder.

I think the whole shooting part is exaggeration, the guard may even have said he nearly shot her probably just meaning that was the worst case.

Our beloved Queen is the most popular, iconic, well-known and most famous head of state (some would say person) in the world. She is the head of state of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and 12 small countries in the Caribbean.

A small correction. The 12 'small' countries aren't all in the Caribbean.

The full list is:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamaica
New Zealand
Papua-New Guinea (Australia's nearest neighbour and thus in the Asia-Pacific region - although PNG is our nearest neighbout their nearest neighbour is, of course, Indonesia)
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Solomon Islands (also in the Pacific)
Tuvalu (also in the Pacific)
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Small thing I know.

A small correction. The 12 'small' countries aren't all in the Caribbean.

The full list is:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamaica
New Zealand
Papua-New Guinea (Australia's nearest neighbour and thus in the Asia-Pacific region - although PNG is our nearest neighbout their nearest neighbour is, of course, Indonesia)
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Solomon Islands (also in the Pacific)
Tuvalu (also in the Pacific)
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Small thing I know.
Thanks for the correction, Iluvbertie!

I am of course aware that Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu are not Caribbean countries. And if I'm not totally wrong (I need to check
) Papua New Guinea has a population of over 7 million, while New Zealand has a population of around 4.7 million.

I should have written that she is the head of state of United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand (since she has been Queen of these countries since 1952) and 12 countries in the Pacific/Caribbean that have become independent since her accession or I could have done as you and mentioned all the countries.

I was busy with something else when I wrote and I am (as I have said before) dyslexic. But I've edited the post and corrected it now.

I should have written that she is the head of state of United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand (since she has been Queen of these countries since 1952) and 12 countries in the Pacific/Caribbean that have become independent since her accession or I could have done as you and mentioned all the countries.

If one were to be pedantic that list is of the countries where she is Queen de facto - there are many other countries where she is Queen de jure (and if any of them reverted to being a monarchy she would be Queen of again de facto) - South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanganyika (not Tanzania), Uganda, Kenya, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Malta, Fiji, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Ireland

I'm not familiar with IBTimes, but from what I've heard about them, it is not surprising that their American articles about the royal family are full of errors.

The article they wrote about royal finances were so flawed that it was ridiculous. Read it here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/royal-wealth-and-finances-9826-52.html#post1951900

And this article is perhaps even more ridiculous. The Queen is known worldwide as a non scandalized person and the so-called scandals that are mentioned in this article has nothing to do with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom