General News for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh 1: July 2008-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on how the Queen is doing? Someone of her age getting sick makes me a bit nervous.

LaRae

For some reason that link didn't work for me but it did get me to the Mirror and from what I found there, it involved someone setting up a fake BBC Twitter account and announcing that the Queen had died. The account was suspended but there were also reports that HM is being treated at the hospital. Until a statement is issued from BP, I don't believe anything on social media these days when it comes to the BRF.

Perhaps someone did this to rile up Richard Palmer to think something "big" happened since he was going on vacation.

She wasn't at Christmas service so the drums are going into overdrive! The rest of the family were (other than William who had made plans with the Mids) so not expecting anything more serious than a lady in her 10th decade making a sensible decision and staying indoors while letting a cold take it course.

Ok, just wondering cause one of my FB friends (a Brit) mentioned hearing she was sicker than they were saying etc.

LaRae

I would imagine that one of the biggest concerns in elderly people that suffer from a severe cold is the tendency for it to turn into pneumonia. I'm sure HM has the very best there is when it comes to medical attention. If it did turn into something worse and HM was taken to the hospital, I'm pretty sure that BP would issue a statement. They did with Philip.

Best wish to Queen Elizabeth II get well soon and hope the news are joking and rumour

Best wishes to staying healthiness,it is better to eat bee venom honey in sore throat for minimize bacteria and virus!

We all know what a cold entails- a red runny nose and watering eyes with a constant need to blow.

Not only is it good sense to remain inside to recover - but who wants a photo of themselves with a red nose or with a wad of Kleenex blowing their nose?

The Queen can't possible want her picture taken.

Well, one thing's for sure - there will be great relief when the Queen recovers from her cold and is seen in public again, which I am sure will be soon! I think we've all missed seeing her this Christmas.

Well, colds only lasting for few days is a myth. I had a cold for three months and it nearly wiped me out. Went into the hospital for three days.

I hope The Queen is recovering well, but it can't be easy for her age. No updates from the Palace so far.

How do we know she still has a cold ? We wouldn't be seeing her at this time anyway would we ? Well guess if she doesn't go to church we will know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

We know she had a cold... we were told as much when her trip to Sandringham was delayed, and then she missed the Christmas Day services.

We don't know if she's recovered since then, and won't until she makes (or doesn't make) her next appearance at Sunday's services.

I know we were told she had a cold at Christmas but she could be well over it by now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It has only been five days since Christmas. She was obviously quite ill to miss church. She isn't someone vain enough to to miss church as she doesn't want ohotos of a red nose. She takes church very seriously. It was obviously a very severe cold. At her age that is a danger for pneumonia. I guess it is possible she is fully recovered, but not a stretch to think she is still recovering. She may go to church this weekend, even if not fully recovered, if she is making progress.

The Queen's probably out of bed, moving about the house, sitting by the fire watching TV, attending to her red boxes. She's been advised to stay indoors but I bet she's chomping at the bit to get out and about outside even if it's only to take her dogs for a work. I think we'll see her on Sunday.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but even though I cannot for the life of me find a source, I seem to recall that on Christmas morning, HM has a more private service where she receives communion. Then its the family traditional service at St. Mary Magdalene Church. If this is true, HM very much did keep fastidiously to her religious beliefs. She just confined them to her own private service at home this year.

Its rare, if ever, that we see HM at all during the week following Christmas day so no news actually could be very good news in this regards. With this being the winter season, I can attest to the fact that once a cold sets in, if the body isn't coddled and nurtured and kept warm, all kinds of very bad things are waiting to crop up. My own recipe, because I can never keep it straight, is feed a cold, feed a fever. HM has a quarter of a century on me and if I think a nasty cold can wipe me out and put me out of action for quite a while, I can imagine the havoc it could cause with her no matter how hale and healthy she normally is.

Of course we're all very concerned about HM's health and that is a definite proof of just how much this one elderly woman has touched all of us. I think I'm going to go and eat an orange and think healthy, positive thoughts towards one wonderful Queen. :D

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but even though I cannot for the life of me find a source, I seem to recall that on Christmas morning, HM has a more private service where she receives communion. Then its the family traditional service at St. Mary Magdalene Church. If this is true, HM very much did keep fastidiously to her religious beliefs. She just confined them to her own private service at home this year.

Its rare, if ever, that we see HM at all during the week following Christmas day so no news actually could be very good news in this regards. With this being the winter season, I can attest to the fact that once a cold sets in, if the body isn't coddled and nurtured and kept warm, all kinds of very bad things are waiting to crop up. My own recipe, because I can never keep it straight, is feed a cold, feed a fever. HM has a quarter of a century on me and if I think a nasty cold can wipe me out and put me out of action for quite a while, I can imagine the havoc it could cause with her no matter how hale and healthy she normally is.

Of course we're all very concerned about HM's health and that is a definite proof of just how much this one elderly woman has touched all of us. I think I'm going to go and eat an orange and think healthy, positive thoughts towards one wonderful Queen. :D

Osipi, it was my understanding that the more private communion service early in the morning is also at St. Mary Magdalene. It's the reason we get two sets of pictures on Christmas.

With that said, I'd expect that the parish priest visited her privately to administer Communion since, as far as I've ever seen, a home visit is a normal service that's available to any sick parishioner who's unable to make it to church. At least it is in the RC church.

Thanks hel for confirming that there are two services and correcting my statement to state that both services are conducted at the church itself. That's the part I was trying to find sources on and maybe my fingers are tired and overworked and refused to find anything for me.

I, for the life of me, cannot imagine one reverend with a congregation not willing to take communion to the sick and the infirm of their parishes. To be able to do this for HM, The Queen and Supreme Governor of the Church of England itself would be agreed to in a heartbeat. We will never know though exactly what occurred as it really isn't our business to know.

Thanks hel for confirming that there are two services and correcting my statement to state that both services are conducted at the church itself. That's the part I was trying to find sources on and maybe my fingers are tired and overworked and refused to find anything for me.

I, for the life of me, cannot imagine one reverend with a congregation not willing to take communion to the sick and the infirm of their parishes. To be able to do this for HM, The Queen and Supreme Governor of the Church of England itself would be agreed to in a heartbeat. We will never know though exactly what occurred as it really isn't our business to know.

I can, but he's (hopefuly) completely imaginary. #OTJaneAustenGeekery :flowers:

Oh sheesh. If you are referring to the odious Mr. Collins, he most certainly would have jumped at any accolades that would be bestowed upon his ego that would involve his Queen. The guy was a name dropper to the nth degree. :lol:

Most likely in these days and times, he'd be a prime target for the Daily Fail too.

Oh sheesh. If you are referring to the odious Mr. Collins, he most certainly would have jumped at any accolades that would be bestowed upon his ego that would involve his Queen. The guy was a name dropper to the nth degree. :lol:

You perceive my intent. As for his eagerness to attend to someone of Her Majesty's eminence, of that, I have no doubt. But would he have been so quick to condole with all the sick and infirm of his parish? I fear that bit of condescension to be beyond him.

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

Multiple flower accolades to be presented to hel and Osipi for their most excellent style of writing in the manner of a certain Miss Jane Austen.

It is my sincere wish that Her Majesty is not attended by a clergy member as odious as the said Mr. Collins.:D

Even at her worse, HM would very easily pick up the measure of a man and quickly dispose of him with just the "look". Elizabeth has always been noted for being an excellent judge of character (and to boot, a good mimic to keep people in stitches as she imitates them in private).

I'm hoping that HM will be at church Sunday as it will squash any fears and doubts that have been going through people's mind regarding the Queen.

Osipi, it was my understanding that the more private communion service early in the morning is also at St. Mary Magdalene. It's the reason we get two sets of pictures on Christmas.

With that said, I'd expect that the parish priest visited her privately to administer Communion since, as far as I've ever seen, a home visit is a normal service that's available to any sick parishioner who's unable to make it to church. At least it is in the RC church.

Yes I have seen on some occasions, not all, members of the RF attending the lower key earlier service, which I imagine would be relatively short, possibly followed by a blessing.

Do the family leave the second service ahead of it's commumion service? They obviously leave before everyone else, which you would expect anyway.

It has only been five days since Christmas. She was obviously quite ill to miss church. She isn't someone vain enough to to miss church as she doesn't want ohotos of a red nose. She takes church very seriously. It was obviously a very severe cold. At her age that is a danger for pneumonia. I guess it is possible she is fully recovered, but not a stretch to think she is still recovering. She may go to church this weekend, even if not fully recovered, if she is making progress.

A heavy cold very possibly involves a chest infection. Even if feeling well enough to be up and about, and while I don't think a red nose wouldn't deter the Queen (make-up always a help there!), a bad cough would possibly stop her from attending a public service. Coughs are annoying intruders, can well overstay their unwelcome while others have long gone.

I recall at least two occasions when the Queen carried out public engagements with a cold - both of which were years and years ago, one of then being the "annus horribilis" speech. But all colds are different and the ones going around this year have been particularly long-lasting.

I am quite sure that the Queen will be thoroughly fed up with her cold by now, I know I was after two weeks!

Yes I have seen on some occasions, not all, members of the RF attending the lower key earlier service, which I imagine would be relatively short, possibly followed by a blessing.

Do the family leave the second service ahead of it's commumion service? They obviously leave before everyone else, which you would expect anyway.

Although the details for the Christmas service are no longer on the website, I'd feel safe assuming that, based on the schedule on the Sandringham churches website, the second service is actually a Mattins service, and likely has no communion.

Services — Sandringham Churches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom