General News for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh 1: July 2008-March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Queen will be 90 years old on 21 April, 2016. This would be something to watch.
Hope the programme is historically accurate.

Last edited:
The Queen will be 90 years old on 21 April, 2016. This would be something to watch.
Hope the programme is historically accurate.

If God spare her life, I can't wait to see what will be planned for Her Majesty's 90th Birthday. That's a celebration I want to see.

This is a dramatisation - how good it is depends on who they get to support the production with FACTS.

The casting is crucial and will be very expensive (if they get the right people); locations can also make or break.

Potential to go horribly wrong.

Can't wait to see this.
Robert Hardy for an older Prince Philip, or older Winston Churchhill?
And I wonder who they will get to play Diana, Camilla, and presidents Bush one and two, Clinton and Obama? Mandela?
And I know that the queen has been through 12 US presidencies, but I've only been alive for 4.
And of course what about the leading lady?
Like I said I can't wait to see it. Wish I could take part, and be the Queen of
course .:lol:

Last edited:
Which actors will play Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales?

^Whomever they choose will need some 'enhancement' of the ears! :-D

The designer Nicky Haslam once had the opportunity to ask the Queen what she thought about the tricky question of taste. It is not difficult to imagine the air of withering detachment in the royal voice when the reply came: “I don’t think it helps.”
This week, we were told that the American internet company Netflix is planning to make a 20-part, £100 million TV series about Queen Elizabeth and her life. The promise is that it will be in the best possible taste. But it is impossible not to view the plan as a transgression, if not of taste, then at least of decorum.
The scriptwriter is Peter Morgan, who wrote Helen Mirren’s The Queen as well as Frost/Nixon and the Lauda/Hunt motor-racing movie Rush. So he has a fine record in dealing sensitively and intelligently with human icons and monumental egos. But is such a series more likely to diminish or enhance the Queen’s imperious stature?

Our greatest brand is best left alone - Telegraph

Queen Elizabeth II has opened 15 bridges in the United Kingdom during her reign.

I don't know if this is the right thread but mystery and royalty lovers should love a series of three books by Canadian writer C. C. Benison - Death at Buckingham Palace, Death at Sandringham, and Death at Windsor Castle - featuring housemaid Jane Bee and co-sleuth - Her Majesty! They're quite fun and have peeks into the workings of the royal residences.

I don't know if this is the right thread but mystery and royalty lovers should love a series of three books by Canadian writer C. C. Benison - Death at Buckingham Palace, Death at Sandringham, and Death at Windsor Castle - featuring housemaid Jane Bee and co-sleuth - Her Majesty! They're quite fun and have peeks into the workings of the royal residences.

Thanks for the information on the books. They look like something I would enjoy reading and after checking, I've found them for dirt cheap at abesbooks.com. Will definitely order them.

They are very enjoyable. She did plan another one to two but didn't go ahead because of Diana's death I believe.

They are very enjoyable. She did plan another one to two but didn't go ahead because of Diana's death I believe.

I wondered why there were no more in this series.

PS: for mystery lovers there's a website called "Stop You're Killing Me" with a listing of just about every mystery and author ever published. Great site.

To mark their Diamond Wedding Anniversary on November 20, 2007 Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip re-visited Broadlands, where, 60 years ago in 1947, they spent their wedding night.

The Queen has reached the top 50 of the longest reigning monarch.

In 1 year 220 days she will surpass Queen Victoria.

List of longest-reigning monarchs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think you've typoed there - she only has to reign until 10 September 2015 (1 year and 9 days as of 22 August 2014) to surpass Victoria.

If she reigns until 27 May 2024 she'll surpass Louis XIV as longest reigned European monarch, and if she reigns until 17 October 2034 she'll be the longest reigning monarch of verifiable dates, unless Bhumibol Aduladej of Thailand beats her to it (he has about 6 years of reigning on her).

Exactly.

In order to surpass the last date, she has to live to 108.

If she lived 12 years passed that (which would be somewhat unlikely) to rule for 95 years she would surpass the longest reigned monarch of unverifiable dates.

She was not the only one. Many times I choked up and blinked back tears following the Games as I could. She and the DoE must just be bursting w/pride over what their Grandson has pulled off and well they should be too!!

Awesome the US and my own "Home and Native land" are showing interest in hosting the next two Games if it happens and it sure sounds like the incentive is there. Here's hoping!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 35m
The Queens Horse, Estimate, has been stripped of Ascot Gold Cup second place after returning a positive test for morphine back in July.

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 27m
The morphine has since been traced back to a contaminated batch of feed.

I searched for Kelvin Bruce (©kelvinbruce) and couldn't find a link to his photos. If you find one, let us know.
If he is a pap, shouldn't we be horrified that as he "spotted" the Duke walking the grounds he snapped his photo. Because really, a line is a line.
It's possible, I suppose, that Kelvin was invited to "spot" the Duke.
But, if not, I'm just saying. :p
And these are lovely photos.

Considering the amount of journalists who are overseas reporting in dangerous conditions about terrible events, one might have thought spending two years trying to find out if the Queen pays a TV licence worse hardly a worthy past time.

Obviously the royal household gets these perks and I suspect government does too - is there a TV licence for 10 Downing Street? Perhaps that could be the journalise next big story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom