The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 11:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

A lot of people want her to live to the age of her late mother, but she won't be an active reigning monarch if she turn 101. Charles would be Prince Regent. The Queen is a very active woman. Im not sure she want to get to the point when she can't get around and do for herself.

Let's just enjoy these last years with her and continue to give her flowers while she still see and smell them.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 05:04 AM
Administrator

And from the BBC:

Queen in sapphire for 65 years on throne - BBC News

Old 02-06-2017, 07:15 AM
Majesty

41-gun salute in Green Park

The Army in London ‏@ArmyInLondon
Solemnity in the smoke as @KingsTroopRHA marks the death of King George VI and the #accession of Queen Elizabeth 65yrs ago #SapphireJubilee
https://twitter.com/ArmyInLondon/sta...76825559375873
Old 02-06-2017, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

TELEGRAPH VIEW: Royal blue sapphire
Quote:
As of Monday, the Queen has been on the throne for 65 years. This is known as a blue sapphire anniversary, but it is not one that Her Majesty has chosen to commemorate. Characteristically, she is expected to spend the day attending to her duties as head of state, reading through government papers.

It is, of course, always a date touched with poignancy, since her accession was also the day of her beloved father’s death. None the less, whereas Queen Victoria also had a Diamond Jubilee, Queen Elizabeth II is the first British monarch to reach a blue sapphire milestone.

Unlike five years ago, the country may not be en fête in celebration; but we should spare a moment today to give thanks for the achievement and dedication of our longest-reigning monarch.
Videos:
Queen Elizabeth II: watch how Her Majesty has changed over 65 years
Quote:
ueen Elizabeth II was just 25 years old when she became Queen of Great Britain on 6 February 1952.

Today, she marks her sixty-fifth year on the throne – making history as the first British monarch to reach their Sapphire Jubilee.

The Queen is a monarch of firsts, as on 9 September 2015, she became the longest-reigning monarch ever.
Pictures:
The Queen's Sapphire Jubilee: 13 key moments from her reign - News

I have chosen to post it here, since it is about the jubilee - pictures:
65 reigning years: a year-by-year account of the The Queen's glorious style* - Fashion
Old 02-06-2017, 08:07 AM
Majesty

I think that the picture that was released this morning by "The British Monarchy" page is a subtle, delicate but well-pondered nod to King George. When I read that the Sapphire parure was a wedding gift from dad to daughter, I almost got emotional.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Roya Nikkhah and the royal photographer Ian Pelham Turner has been on Sky News and talked about our incredible monarch (and as Turner said) the best Queen/Head of state in the world.

Prime Minister Theresa May, on behalf of the nation, congratulated Her Majesty the Queen on her 65-year reign:
https://t.co/7WVrB9bfj4
Quote:
Prime Minister Theresa May said:

Today’s Sapphire Jubilee marks yet another remarkable milestone for our remarkable Queen.

I know the nation will join with me today in celebrating and giving thanks for the lifetime of service Her Majesty the Queen has given to our country and to the Commonwealth. It is a testament to her selfless devotion to the nation that she is not marking becoming the first monarch to reign for 65 years with any special celebration, but instead getting on with the job to which she has dedicated her life.

She has truly been an inspiration to all of us and I am proud, on behalf of the nation, to offer our humble thanks and congratulations on celebrating her Sapphire Jubilee.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure members of the royal family will be getting their new Sapphire Jubilee Medal. One is given for every Jubilee.

Video:
The Queen's Sapphire Jubilee Marked by 41-Gun Salute in Green Park-
http://itnsourcenews.com/?SearchTerm...20Green%20Park

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Majesty

I hope our Sapphire Queen and Prince Philip have a wonderful day. Sixty five years on the throne, what a fantastic achievement. I'll bet there were thousands of messages of congratulation.
Old 02-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

The Commonwealth ‏@commonwealthsec
Sending our warm congratulations to Her Majesty The Queen on 65 years of inspirational leadership of the #Commonwealth. #SapphireJubilee

Report by Nicholas Witchell:

Report by Paul Davies:
Old 02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

More praise for our beloved, remarkable, amazing monarch:

Read more: Our remarkable Queen' Elizabeth II cannot stop smiling as she celebrates sapphire jubilee | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:
The monarch, 90, was seen greeting well wishers this morning at a church service at St Peter and St Paul West Newton in Norfolk.

Accompanied by the Duke of Edinburgh, she was seen receiving gifts of flowers from those who braved the cold to see her.

Prime Minister Theresa May offered her congratulations to Her Majesty, hailing her as " truly an inspiration to all of us".

Mrs May said it was "a testament to her selfless devotion to the nation" that the Queen had made clear she did not want official celebrations to mark the historic milestone.
Read more: Another historic landmark for our selfless monarch, writes Leo McKinstry | Leo McKinstry | Columnists | Comment | Express.co.uk
Quote:
The scene after her plane landed at Heathrow Airport was captured by the Cabinet minister Lord Woolton, one of the representatives of the Privy Council that met her. “It was a period of deep emotion for everyone, and most certainly for the Queen. And yet, having shaken hands with each member of her Council, instead of going to her waiting car she went along and spoke to the crew. Royal courtesy took precedence over private grief.”

That act of generosity set the tone for her entire reign. Throughout more than six decades on the throne she has proved herself to be a woman of remarkable dedication and selflessness. Her example has ensured that, through times of turbulence, she has been a force for national unity and a source of national pride.

It is a tribute to her commitment that the standing of the British monarchy is so high today. Her own approval ratings are above 90 per cent, and even arch-Republicans such as Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn are on the defensive.

While a host of other European sovereigns, such as King Juan Carlos of Spain and Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, have recently abdicated their thrones, Elizabeth II has remained dutiful and steadfast, the anchor of our nation.
Queen Elizabeth II and King George VI in pictures | Royal | News | Express.co.uk
Quote:
After she was proclaimed Queen, Elizabeth said: "By the sudden death of my dear father I am called to assume the duties and responsibilities of sovereignty.

"My heart is too full for me to say more to you today than I shall always work, as my father did throughout his reign, to advance the happiness and prosperity of my peoples, spread as they are all the world over."
Old 02-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Majesty

I find it interesting that, in one of the quotes you reproduced, the Queen refers to the well-being of "her peoples" in the plural. In fact, the recent changes to the succession laws, which came into force in 2015, reminded us, even today, of the multinational character of the British monarch as , in addition to the UK, six other Commonwealth realms ( Australia,Barbados, Canada, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, and St Vincent and the Grenadines) had to pass legislation according to their own constitutional provisions to effect the changes; the remaining realms (Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Grenada, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea, St Lucia, Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu), according to the Wikipedia, concluded that legislation was not necessary.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Gun salutes commemorate the Queen's Sapphire Jubilee | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Heir Apparent

This amazing blogg looks back on HM The Sapphire Queen's Jubilees, Birthdays and Wedding Anniversaries:

Queens of England: The Sapphire Queen: Elizabeth II's landmarks, the Silver Jubilee

Queens of England: The Sapphire Queen: Elizabeth II's landmarks, the Golden Jubilee

Queens of England: The Sapphire Queen: Elizabeth II's landmarks, the birthdays

Queens of England: The Sapphire Queen: Elizabeth II's landmarks, the wedding anniversaries

Queens of England: The Sapphire Queen: Elizabeth II's landmarks, the Diamond Jubilee

Queens of England: The Sapphire Queen
Old 02-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Reading through these wonderful comments and articles about a very majestic Queen that's been on the throne for 65 years made me realize that her reign is as long as my lifetime is. I was two days short of being one month old when King George VI died and Elizabeth became the Queen. If I, as an American, can realize what a steadfast figure she's always been in my life, I can truly appreciate this steadfast influence on her "peoples" and the world stage too.

One thing she has achieved above and beyond the calling of her duty to Crown and country and the Commonwealth and the world is that she most certainly has made her "papa" very, very proud of her.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Few sparkling wines have the caché of Champagne — but wine produced on the grounds owned by Queen Elizabeth comes pretty close.

In 2011, over 16,000 Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier vines were planted on seven acres of the Queen’s Great Windsor Park, just a 10-minute drive from Windsor Castle. Prince Philip was reportedly involved in the project, as he serves as the head ranger for the Great Windsor Park, according to The Telegraph.
Read more: Queen Elizabeth's Sparkling Wine Sells Out
Old 02-09-2017, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I have already started to think about whether/how the Queen and Philip will celebrate their Platinum Wedding Anniversary?

The Silver Wedding Anniversary 1972:

November 20th: There was a carriage procession from Buckingham Palace to Westminster Abbey where they attended a Service of Thanksgiving. (it was televised)

There was also a privat party at the palace in the evening.

The Golden Wedding Anniversary 1997:

November 19th: They attended a lunch at the Guildhall, where HM said ''he is someone who doesn't take easily to compliments, but he has, quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years and I and his whole family, in this and many other countries, owe him a debt far greater than he would ever claim or we shall ever know'. (it was televised)

They attended a golden Gala at the Festival Hall in London in the evening. (it was televised)

November 20th: They attended a Service of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey. (it was televised)

There was a private party at Windsor Castle in the evening.

The Diamond Wedding Anniversary 2007:

November 18th: Charles hosted a dinner for his parents at Clarence House.

November 19th: A National Service of Thanksgiving was held at Westminster Abbey. (it was televised)

The Platinum Wedding Anniversary 2017:

I think we will see a privat dinner (maybe hosted by Charles) and a Service of Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:57 PM
Majesty

I'm sorry to post it out here, in the wring thread, but: Why haven't I seen any pic/bit of news about the attendance at the Horse Guard of Her Majesty today?
Old 02-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Has the Queen been at Horse Guard today? I follow HM very closely and I have not heard anything.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm sorry to post it out here, in the wring thread, but: Why haven't I seen any pic/bit of news about the attendance at the Horse Guard of Her Majesty today?
I think you have mixed up your dates, the Service of Dedication on Horse Guards Parade will be on March 9th.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
I think you have mixed up your dates, the Service of Dedication on Horse Guards Parade will be on March 9th.

Yes, I checked and I mixed up the dates. My bad, sorry!

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents