The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 01:54 AM
Imperial Majesty

Who was behind ‚€˜Queen is dead‚€™ conspiracy hoax? - BBC News

The Queen almost SHOT by guard after she took 3am Buckingham Palace stroll | Daily Mail Online

Guardsman nearly shoots the Queen as she takes a moonlight stroll | Royal | News | Daily Express

"SNP ministers pave way to for Crown Estate Sell-Off in Scotland"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...-off-scotland/

Old 01-05-2017, 05:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Worry yes, think She is on her death bed because she has been sick for one week, no. The media is trying to drum up ridiculous conspiracy theories, and the sad thing is there are gullible enough people. I am expecting stories of hospitals being set up at sandringham to hide the queen is on life support, if a photo of her Doesn't appear.

Yes people should be prepared for illness stories to come. Just like any senior. But to be mentally preparing mourning clothes is extreme.
The tragedy is that it has already happened. Robert Jobson was on Australian television and said that Sandringham now was set up as a hospital.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing for sure though is that even though the Queen is out of sight, she isn't ever far from being in our minds. It shows that not only a nation and a commonwealth but also people around the globe care and are concerned about HM, The Queen.

To be missed and concerned about on this scale is something that very few people ever receive.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing for sure though is that even though the Queen is out of sight, she isn't ever far from being in our minds. It shows that not only a nation and a commonwealth but also people around the globe care and are concerned about HM, The Queen.

To be missed and concerned about on this scale is something that very few people ever receive.
I agree! And she deserves it.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:16 AM
Aristocracy

An article about how the Queen has nearly been shot by her guardsman
Queen almost SHOT by her own guardsman after he finds her strolling Buckingham Palace gardens at 3am - Mirror Online
Old 01-05-2017, 07:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think that's what people don't understand. Queen Elizabeth II is one of the most well known and respected monarch in the world. When she's not feeling well, especially at this age, people are very naturally concerned.

Now, people will write silly stories and it's what tabs do. One just have ignore it, but there's real concern out there though.

I hope The Queen continues to feel better.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Majesty

Rumours are quite interesting. What exactly was the story with the guard meant to imply? It may imply that the quality newspaper such as Times is yellow now.

On a different note, it remains to be seen what will happen.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

Nelson Mandela and Pope John Paul II are people who were loved in the global scale however they were sick for many years before they passed. The Queen has been relatively healthy so it now becomes a shock to some that the Queen can get sick and is going die sooner rather than later.

Also it is the super slow Royal time of the year. If the Queen was healthy and fine, we would only have seen her going to church each Sunday. So she missed a week including a high profile Christmas service plus the 2016 high profile deaths have people nervous.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Our beloved Queen is the most popular, iconic, well-known and most famous head of state (some would say person) in the world. She is the head of state of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and 12 countries in the Pacific/Caribbean that have become independent since her accession. She is also head of the Commonwealth and is in that capacity figurehead for 2 billion people. And she is almost 91.

So yes, I realize that people are concerned, but they don't need to be over-concerned. HM The Queen is not done yet, and our second Elizabethan age is not over yet.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

When do the Guardsmen patrol the gardens of BP? The Guards stand at sentry boxes in the front of the palace . The gardens are in the back. There are police that are responsible for the grounds. Andrew had a run with the police when in the garden when they did not recognize him
Old 01-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Our beloved Queen is the most popular, iconic, well-known and most famous head of state (some would say person) in the world. She is the head of state of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and 12 small countries in the Caribbean. She is also head of the Commonwealth and is in that capacity figurehead for 2 billion people. And she is almost 91.

So yes, I realize that people are concerned, but they don't need to be over-concerned. HM The Queen is not done yet, and our second Elizabethan age is not over yet.
That's right and long may she reign, but we're in the last years of her reign and I think that's where a lot of the concerns were coming from too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-05-2017, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Dramatic story. But I doubt such a guard, whether military or police would have opened fire directly at an unknown intruder.
It's much more plausible the guard's next more would have been to fire a warning shot and sounded the alarm after encountering an unknown intruder, who did not respond. - And if QEII had come at him, only then would he have fired for effect.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Armed police challenged Prince Andrew when he was wandering the grounds once - we know because he made them apologise publicly. I'm not 100% convinced this story about the Queen is true but I can well imagine her responding with her quip about phoning before hand next time.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

The original story was in the Times so that sounds pretty legit. Really the story itself is not that dramatic, it seems like he realized that it was the Queen pretty soon and was nowhere near to the point of drawing his weapon, the kicker of the story was him saying to the Queen, "Bloody hell, Your Majesty, I nearly shot you,” but it really seems like it is was more about his informality than him being on the verge of shooting the Queen.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I can see her being stopped, and even her quip, but the whole shot thing seems an exaggeration. No guard us going to just shoot at an intruder.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the whole shooting part is exaggeration, the guard may even have said he nearly shot her probably just meaning that was the worst case.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboleio View Post
IF (big IF) it is a true story, I think it's what we all imagine her saying. It's one of her excellent qualities.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Our beloved Queen is the most popular, iconic, well-known and most famous head of state (some would say person) in the world. She is the head of state of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and 12 small countries in the Caribbean.
A small correction. The 12 'small' countries aren't all in the Caribbean.

The full list is:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamaica
New Zealand
Papua-New Guinea (Australia's nearest neighbour and thus in the Asia-Pacific region - although PNG is our nearest neighbout their nearest neighbour is, of course, Indonesia)
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Solomon Islands (also in the Pacific)
Tuvalu (also in the Pacific)
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Small thing I know.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboleio View Post
This even showed up on our local news today - EXCEPT it "happened yesterday" and was at the Palace. Of course, HM has been at Sandringham since mid-December.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
A small correction. The 12 'small' countries aren't all in the Caribbean.

The full list is:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Grenada
Jamaica
New Zealand
Papua-New Guinea (Australia's nearest neighbour and thus in the Asia-Pacific region - although PNG is our nearest neighbout their nearest neighbour is, of course, Indonesia)
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Solomon Islands (also in the Pacific)
Tuvalu (also in the Pacific)
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Small thing I know.
Thanks for the correction, Iluvbertie!

I am of course aware that Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands and Tuvalu are not Caribbean countries. And if I'm not totally wrong (I need to check
) Papua New Guinea has a population of over 7 million, while New Zealand has a population of around 4.7 million.

I should have written that she is the head of state of United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and New Zealand (since she has been Queen of these countries since 1952) and 12 countries in the Pacific/Caribbean that have become independent since her accession or I could have done as you and mentioned all the countries.

I was busy with something else when I wrote and I am (as I have said before) dyslexic. But I've edited the post and corrected it now.

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents