The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
I don't really care what international media report on the matter; they don't know better than the british media; what I do find a worrying sign is that Nigel Farage appeared and said "it's obviously not the usual cold; people are worried"...

Could it be that we choose to be over-optimistic, while she is really in a bad shape..?
Why would Nigel Farage know anything about the Queen's condition? There's no reason he would have any insider knowledge. If there were concerns about the Queen's condition it's likely only the Prime Minister and her very senior advisors plus possibly the leader of the opposition would know. Farage is none of those and not even close to May, Corbyn et al. He's just a mouthpiece who seems to have an opinion about everything and knowledge of nothing.

Old 01-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Update from ITV with video:
The Queen continues to recuperate but is still not seen in public | Anglia - ITV News
Quote:
The Queen's health continues to generate headlines all over the world as she still has not been seen in public since getting a heavy cold.

But Buckingham Palace says she is continuing to recuperate and is dealing daily with documents she receives from the government.

The Queen was last seen on our televisions in a pre-recorded speech on Christmas Day.

But it was her non-appearance at church that day that sent shockwaves throughout the world.

It is thought to be the first time in 28 years that the Queen had missed the Christmas Day service at Sandringham.
And if you go to this post, you can read that the Queen presented a member of staff with an honour at Sandringham today:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1951618

Old 01-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Don't listen to Nigel Farage on anything, literally anything. It's pointless.

The Queen has a cold, at her age it is riskier and I don't mean to sound too non-optimistic one day The Queen will pass and I hope it's peacefully in her sleep. Whilst I do not wish that to happen, it will sometime and I'm a realist.
Like you, the Queen is also a realist and heeded medical advice to stay in, stay warm and let the cold run its course without risking making it worse.

At least now with the news that she has presented one of her staff with an order, it gives credence to her saying that she must be seen to be believed and we can all rest a tad bit easier.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:52 PM
Majesty

Yes, indeed. When the second church visit on New Year's Day didn't take place many people became quite anxious. However, the cold is obviously better and that makes me and countless others, I'm sure, feel a bit brighter too. I realise the inevitable will occur sooner or later, but not yet, not yet!
Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think anyone with an ounce of reason would have realized the two missed church visits were a week apart. Even for a healthy thirty year old, a week is a very shirt period to get Over a bad cold. Not alone a 90 year old. The media though has been trying to create a frenzy, putting ideas that it is worse than we think, and unfortunately some people are lemurs who take the urea and run off a cliff. There will be readers who don't believe she hadn't on her death bed until there are photographs, because of all the speculation
Old 01-04-2017, 02:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I think anyone with an ounce of reason would have realized the two missed church visits were a week apart. Even for a healthy thirty year old, a week is a very shirt period to get Over a bad cold. Not alone a 90 year old. The media though has been trying to create a frenzy, putting ideas that it is worse than we think, and unfortunately some people are lemurs who take the urea and run off a cliff. There will be readers who don't believe she hadn't on her death bed until there are photographs, because of all the speculation
At this age, folks are naturally worried about her health. Any illness that would cause her to sit out family events will cause people worry a bit.

I do think we must get used to the fact that more and serious illnesses will come about for her now. She's human before she's a Queen.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-04-2017, 02:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Don't listen to Nigel Farage on anything, literally anything. It's pointless.

The Queen has a cold, at her age it is riskier and I don't mean to sound too non-optimistic one day The Queen will pass and I hope it's peacefully in her sleep. Whilst I do not wish that to happen, it will sometime and I'm a realist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
This!

People forget that she is 90, not 29! The mind boggles that people think she'd bounce right back. She's a very elderly lady, who has a heavy cold in WINTER. At her age, it takes weeks to recover! Do people even think these days?
It seems that the absence of HM more than a few reporters, not to mention pretentious twits (Farage), lose what little sense they have and go for broke. The Queen is dying and TPTB are conspiring to keep the truth from us.

American articles speculate on the succession, British on the funeral. I can just see Prince Philip looking over the paper each morning and telling her whether she's alive or dead today. I think they would be enjoying idiots making fools of themselves.

But yes, death will come when it is her time but apparently it's not just yet. And no, they don't know the difference between 90 and 29!
Old 01-04-2017, 03:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm still waiting for the latest breaking news that a gin soaked Camilla has forced HM to stand out in the bitter cold in her nightgown to exacerbate her death as Camilla is greedily hungering for the jewels that only a Queen Consort can wear.
Its the type of crapola that's been posted around in various links here and there.

My bird Blinkydoo (my avatar) needs a new bird cage liner.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm still waiting for the latest breaking news that a gin soaked Camilla has forced HM to stand out in the bitter cold in her nightgown to exacerbate her death as Camilla is greedily hungering for the jewels that only a Queen Consort can wear.
Its the type of crapola that's been posted around in various links here and there.

Yes, but the problem is that there are some people who actually believe in these nonsense stories in the Globe etc.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Yes, but the problem is that there are some people who actually believe in these nonsense stories in the Globe etc.
And I for one believe that those people believing the stories provide so much entertainment for the rest of us. Great to watch some of them on TRF: they will make a grand statement, and the moment you quiz them, they start to throw their toys out of their prams.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lately I've really been getting fed up with all the media in general and with the Queen's being reported as having a "heavy cold", it seemed like all of the idiots came out from under their rock and had to get their own two cents worth of exaggeration in. Its kind of sad but for eons, the general public has had to rely on professional journalists to relay the facts. Now its a rare thing to find a truly professional journalist.

So far, TRF has really stuck with the rules that statements could and should be backed up by credible sources. Its just getting harder and harder to find credible sources and its the word of the Daily Mail and the other tabloids that reign supreme as far as links go.

I think my grandmother had it right. She always said "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".
Old 01-04-2017, 08:27 AM
Majesty

Queen presents honour while recuperating from cold at Sandringham

Queen presents honour while recuperating from cold at Sandringham
Old 01-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Alice Foster writes in this article that the Queen ''emerges from sick bed to give honour at Sandringham'', although we've heard from multiple sources that the Queen is up and about and dealing with the red boxes.

You have to wonder whether it is ignorance or whether she's lying? And I actually think she is lying, since she writes further down in the article that the Queen is also said to be up and about.

Queen health latest: Elizabeth II EMERGES from sick bed to give honour at Sandringham | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:
Britons across the country have been concerned about the their beloved monarch’s health after she fell ill more than a fortnight ago.

But in the first welcome sign of recovery, the monarch has given an honour to Ray Wheaton, her trusted Queen's Page of the Chambers.

The court circular records that the Queen has made him a Lieutenant of the Royal Victorian Order (LVO) for services to the Royal Family and household.

The Queen is also said to be up and about and dealing with red boxes of official papers while she continues to recover at her estate in Norfolk.
Another thing I wonder is whether the newspapers in this country is obsessed with the Queen's death, since both the Sun, Mirror, Express, Metro and several local newspapers have written articles about it.

What happens when the Queen dies? From 12 days of mourning to who will become monarch - Mirror Online

What happens when the Queen dies? From Queen Elizabeth's funeral to Charles's coronation | Royal | News | Daily Express

What happens when the Queen dies? What to expect after Queen Elizabeth's death | Metro News

She may just have a heavy cold, but what does happen next when the Queen dies? | Bristol Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
And I for one believe that those people believing the stories provide so much entertainment for the rest of us. Great to watch some of them on TRF: they will make a grand statement, and the moment you quiz them, they start to throw their toys out of their prams.
I agree!

Quote:
Lately I've really been getting fed up with all the media in general and with the Queen's being reported as having a "heavy cold", it seemed like all of the idiots came out from under their rock and had to get their own two cents worth of exaggeration in. Its kind of sad but for eons, the general public has had to rely on professional journalists to relay the facts. Now its a rare thing to find a truly professional journalist.

So far, TRF has really stuck with the rules that statements could and should be backed up by credible sources. Its just getting harder and harder to find credible sources and its the word of the Daily Mail and the other tabloids that reign supreme as far as links go.

I think my grandmother had it right. She always said "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".
I've been fed up with the british media for a long time now, especially the Daily Express and their stupid stories and of course Shakespeare/Hardcastle and their lies. But we have to admit that lies and scandals sell, while the boring truth does not.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Alice Foster writes in this article that the Queen ''emerges from sick bed to give honour at Sandringham'', although we've heard from multiple sources that the Queen is up and about and dealing with the red boxes.
Perhaps she got wind of the tabloids putting together the breaking news about Camilla pushing the Queen out in the bitter cold in her nightgown and realized that in order to do so, the Queen must have been downstairs and standing in front of french doors handing out the honor when Camilla quickly acted.

Quote:
I've been fed up with the british media for a long time now, especially the Daily Express and their stupid stories and of course Shakespeare/Hardcastle and their lies. But we have to admit that lies and scandals sell, while the boring truth does not.
Y'know, I've just realized and to me this is the first downside of finding and joining TRF. Before I came here, I had never heard of the Daily Mail. Honest. No lies. Never heard of it. Then again I never really looked at American tabloids at all either. I majored in journalism so sensationalism has never appealed to me.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

"Dying Queen gives Throne to William; Tells Drunken Camilla, You'll Never be Queen". Is this the one you mean?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-04-2017, 04:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
"Dying Queen gives Throne to William; Tells Drunken Camilla, You'll Never be Queen". Is this the one you mean?

Pretty sure I've read that headline at least once a month, every month, for the last 12 years.

The tabloids have had the Queen as dying and Camilla as a drunk since Camilla and Charles married. It's just like the only time Kate isn't pregnant with twins is when she's just emerging from the hospital with a newborn.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
At this age, folks are naturally worried about her health. Any illness that would cause her to sit out family events will cause people worry a bit.

I do think we must get used to the fact that more and serious illnesses will come about for her now. She's human before she's a Queen.
Worry yes, think She is on her death bed because she has been sick for one week, no. The media is trying to drum up ridiculous conspiracy theories, and the sad thing is there are gullible enough people. I am expecting stories of hospitals being set up at sandringham to hide the queen is on life support, if a photo of her Doesn't appear.

Yes people should be prepared for illness stories to come. Just like any senior. But to be mentally preparing mourning clothes is extreme.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
...The media is trying to drum up ridiculous co spinach theories...
Autocorrect has become my favorite 21st century invention - I get a good chuckle out of some 'correction' the computer does for some hapless poster (including myself) at least once a day!
I agree, the conspiracy theory articles are the most preposterous of the lot.
Carry on.
Old 01-04-2017, 06:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Worry yes, think She is on her death bed because she has been sick for one week, no. The media is trying to drum up ridiculous conspiracy theories, and the sad thing is there are gullible enough people. I am expecting stories of hospitals being set up at sandringham to hide the queen is on life support, if a photo of her Doesn't appear.

Yes people should be prepared for illness stories to come. Just like any senior. But to be mentally preparing mourning clothes is extreme.
You have to ignore the silly stories. There's real worries out there and it's all very natural. Again, she's in her 90's now. People will get a bit on edge when The Queen gets sick.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-05-2017, 01:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

I do ignore them. Unfortunately other people don't. You see hints of the over dramatics on this board. The reasonable person knows she is at home, not In a hospital, and was healthy enough to fly two weeks ago. All these are signs that she has a cold as said and taking simple precautions. The continued need to stress that this is worrisome, is just deepening such fear in others.

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents