The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #761  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
It is interesting that Prince Philip is feeling better, but he didn't seem to mind getting wet by the rain and in the cold. Can't control him.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #762  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,050
Yes but for Philip taking a car is a huge compromise. The queen is used to being driven, but Philip always walked. In his mind, taking a car and being outside under an umbrella for a very short time, is reasonable.
__________________

  #763  
Old 01-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes but for Philip taking a car is a huge compromise. The queen is used to being driven, but Philip always walked. In his mind, taking a car and being outside under an umbrella for a very short time, is reasonable.
Yeah, but he didn't stay under the umbrella. He did get really wet going from the car to the church and back.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #764  
Old 01-02-2017, 02:19 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,808
The Queen's health has been news in many countries:

Canada - Video from CTV News:
CTV News Channel: Queen Elizabeth battling cold | CTV News
Quote:
Queen Elizabeth continues to battle a cold. Royal commentator Richard Berthelsen on her missed appearances.
Article from MACLEAN'S (a Canadian weekly news magazine)
Why the Queen's cold is a concern for royal watchers - Macleans.ca
Quote:
So, in 10 days, the Queen has cancelled three events. Itís so unusual that royal specialists canít remember the last time this happened. Queen Elizabeth II has always been the very essence of a perfect monarch. It took a cold for everyone to remember that sheís also human. Bad colds can be hard to shake, even if the sufferer is healthy. Itís even harder when the person is 90 years old.

Are royal watchers alarmed? No. Are we concerned? Yes. The world will remain anxious until Queen Elizabeth II does appear in public, looking hale and hearty.
The US - Videos from CBS and ABC:


__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #765  
Old 01-02-2017, 02:31 PM
PrincessKaimi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hilo, Malibu, United States
Posts: 1,348
There's speculation in all manner of media, including business-related publications:

http://www.ibtimes.com/who-will-be-king-after-queen-elizabeth-dies-prince-charles-could-spark-constitutional-2468320

The chances of this happening seem really remote, but speculation seems to be very popular nevertheless.
  #766  
Old 01-02-2017, 05:53 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,333
From Royal Norways Post Article by McCleans

Quote: "So, in 10 days, the Queen has cancelled three events. It’s so unusual that royal specialists can’t remember the last time this happened."

HMQ has not cancelled any official engagements.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #767  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,050
Maybe not official engagements. But two standard events, Christmas and New Year's Day. May be more custom than official but decades long. I am confused to the third, is it not taking the train or am I missing something she missed.
  #768  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
She has canceled events due to back and knee problems in the past, but it's only few times in recent years.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #769  
Old 01-03-2017, 12:54 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
Queen appoints Hans Rausing's cousin as one of her representatives | Daily Mail Online
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #770  
Old 01-03-2017, 03:05 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From Royal Norways Post Article by McCleans

Quote: "So, in 10 days, the Queen has cancelled three events. It’s so unusual that royal specialists can’t remember the last time this happened."

HMQ has not cancelled any official engagements.
I know! That's just the way they write things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am confused to the third, is it not taking the train or am I missing something she missed.
It is not taking the train.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She has canceled events due to back and knee problems in the past, but it's only few times in recent years.
She also missed church due to colds before, something you have to expect at that age.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #771  
Old 01-03-2017, 03:47 AM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 12,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
From Royal Norways Post Article by McCleans

Quote: "So, in 10 days, the Queen has cancelled three events. Itís so unusual that royal specialists canít remember the last time this happened."

HMQ has not cancelled any official engagements.
The only 'official engagement' she normally does over this time period is the 'received xxxx' after the Sunday services and 'presented some sort of award'.

e.g. last year on the 3rd January - the same Sunday as the one just past - she presented The Queen Elizabeth Award for Academic Excellence at Springwood High School, King's Lynn, once back at the House.

In 2015 she presented the same award and in 2014.

If she didn't present this award this past Sunday (and there is no CC up on the website as yet - last entry was 19th December, 2016) then that would be an 'official engagement cancelled' but if she still did that then there would be clear evidence that she is simply sick with a cold and staying and working indoors.
  #772  
Old 01-03-2017, 04:51 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The only 'official engagement' she normally does over this time period is the 'received xxxx' after the Sunday services and 'presented some sort of award'.

e.g. last year on the 3rd January - the same Sunday as the one just past - she presented The Queen Elizabeth Award for Academic Excellence at Springwood High School, King's Lynn, once back at the House.

In 2015 she presented the same award and in 2014.

If she didn't present this award this past Sunday (and there is no CC up on the website as yet - last entry was 19th December, 2016) then that would be an 'official engagement cancelled' but if she still did that then there would be clear evidence that she is simply sick with a cold and staying and working indoors.
I thought about it yesterday after i visited the CC and said to myself: If she didn't present this award, the media (if they finds out) will go through the roof.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #773  
Old 01-03-2017, 08:25 AM
RoyalProtocol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 824

What complete nonsense from the Daily Mail as usual. Deputy Lieutenants are not appointed by The Queen, they are appointed by the relevant Lord-Lieutenant. Their name is passed before The Queen and she only has to not disapprove of the appointment.

The Daily Mail needs to get its act together.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
__________________
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
59 Years of Dedicated and Devoted Service

God Save The Queen!



  #774  
Old 01-03-2017, 09:31 AM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalProtocol View Post
What complete nonsense from the Daily Mail as usual. Deputy Lieutenants are not appointed by The Queen, they are appointed by the relevant Lord-Lieutenant. Their name is passed before The Queen and she only has to not disapprove of the appointment.

The Daily Mail needs to get its act together.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
I agree that the Daily Fail needs to get its act together, but you have to notice that it is Sebastian Shakespeare who has written this article. And one can not trust anything written by him or Ephraim Hardcastle.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #775  
Old 01-03-2017, 04:51 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
The Cambridge's visited The Queen last week-
https://mobile.twitter.com/byEmilyAn...98113136738305
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #776  
Old 01-03-2017, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Posts: 121
I don't really care what international media report on the matter; they don't know better than the british media; what I do find a worrying sign is that Nigel Farage appeared and said "it's obviously not the usual cold; people are worried"...

Could it be that we choose to be over-optimistic, while she is really in a bad shape..?
  #777  
Old 01-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Middlewich, United Kingdom
Posts: 21,337
Don't listen to Nigel Farage on anything, literally anything. It's pointless.

The Queen has a cold, at her age it is riskier and I don't mean to sound too non-optimistic one day The Queen will pass and I hope it's peacefully in her sleep. Whilst I do not wish that to happen, it will sometime and I'm a realist.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #778  
Old 01-03-2017, 05:56 PM
ROYAL NORWAY's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: somewhere, Norway
Posts: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
I don't really care what international media report on the matter; they don't know better than the british media; what I do find a worrying sign is that Nigel Farage appeared and said "it's obviously not the usual cold; people are worried"...

Could it be that we choose to be over-optimistic, while she is really in a bad shape..?
I have posted several updates from the royal correspondents, and neither they nor I think there is some cause for alarm - se this post:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1951000

And (as Lumutqueen says) don't listen to Nigel Farage on anything. The other person you can't listen to is Robert Jobson. He is constantly on Australian television, where he says that the Queen's condition is more serious than the palace tells us.
__________________
Norwegians are girls who love girls, boys who love boys, and girls and boys who love each other. King Harald V speaking in 2016.
  #779  
Old 01-03-2017, 06:00 PM
CrownPrincessJava's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ,, Australia
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

The Queen has a cold, at her age it is riskier...
This!

People forget that she is 90, not 29! The mind boggles that people think she'd bounce right back. She's a very elderly lady, who has a heavy cold in WINTER. At her age, it takes weeks to recover! Do people even think these days?
  #780  
Old 01-03-2017, 06:11 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 15,832
It's pretty normal for people to be concerned about The Queen's health. What adds to the worry is that she's in her 91st year and her reign is coming to a close. A cold and two missing appearances can put some on the edge a bit.

No one wants the end to come, but everyone knows in the back of their mind that the end is around the corner. Just reality really.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News for Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip Part 2: March 2017 JessRulz Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh 994 Yesterday 05:37 PM
Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh Current Events 19: October 2008-March 2009 Warren Current Events Archive 511 03-27-2009 11:15 AM




Popular Tags
abdication anastasia 2020 baby names bangladesh biography bridal gown brownbitcoinqueen canada chittagong clarence house coronavirus dna dubai duke of sussex dutch royal family earl of snowdon emperor facts fantasy movie general news thread george vi hill historical drama history house of grimaldi introduction italian royal family jewellery jumma kent languages list of rulers luxembourg mail mary: crown princess of denmark northern ireland norway norway history palestine popularity prince daniel prince dimitri princely family of monaco princess alexia (2005 -) princess dita princess eugenie princess laurentien princess of orange queen mathilde random facts royal court royal dress-ups royal jewels royal re-enactments. royalty of taiwan royal wedding royal wedding gown settings startling new evidence stuart swedish queen thailand tips tracts uae customs united kingdom united states of america visit from sweden von hofmannsthal working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:51 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×