The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
He was being funny - we all know that the big problem with taking time off is that something "big" will happen. It's certainly happened to me a few times - bang goes the holiday and it's back to work!

It's a version of "fingers crossed I get this break"
Yep. at my work, the recurring joke is "you can't go on vacation that week, we can't afford to have a crisis just then". I swear, every named security vulnerability has happened when someone was on vacay.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Courtier

Given her way longer public career than most, I doubt Elizabeth is concerned where anyone is when anything happens to her! Other than her own family.

Old 12-29-2016, 05:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Any word on how the Queen is doing? Someone of her age getting sick makes me a bit nervous.

LaRae
Old 12-29-2016, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...9533467-:ermm: A strange week gets even stranger.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For some reason that link didn't work for me but it did get me to the Mirror and from what I found there, it involved someone setting up a fake BBC Twitter account and announcing that the Queen had died. The account was suspended but there were also reports that HM is being treated at the hospital. Until a statement is issued from BP, I don't believe anything on social media these days when it comes to the BRF.

Perhaps someone did this to rile up Richard Palmer to think something "big" happened since he was going on vacation.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:05 PM
Courtier

She wasn't at Christmas service so the drums are going into overdrive! The rest of the family were (other than William who had made plans with the Mids) so not expecting anything more serious than a lady in her 10th decade making a sensible decision and staying indoors while letting a cold take it course.
Old 12-29-2016, 07:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Ok, just wondering cause one of my FB friends (a Brit) mentioned hearing she was sicker than they were saying etc.

LaRae
Old 12-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I would imagine that one of the biggest concerns in elderly people that suffer from a severe cold is the tendency for it to turn into pneumonia. I'm sure HM has the very best there is when it comes to medical attention. If it did turn into something worse and HM was taken to the hospital, I'm pretty sure that BP would issue a statement. They did with Philip.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:16 AM

Best wish to Queen Elizabeth II get well soon and hope the news are joking and rumour

Best wishes to staying healthiness,it is better to eat bee venom honey in sore throat for minimize bacteria and virus!
Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Pranksters claim the Queen is dead on Twitter as she recovers from a heavy cold* | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-30-2016, 01:43 PM
Aristocracy

We all know what a cold entails- a red runny nose and watering eyes with a constant need to blow.

Not only is it good sense to remain inside to recover - but who wants a photo of themselves with a red nose or with a wad of Kleenex blowing their nose?

The Queen can't possible want her picture taken.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Well, one thing's for sure - there will be great relief when the Queen recovers from her cold and is seen in public again, which I am sure will be soon! I think we've all missed seeing her this Christmas.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, colds only lasting for few days is a myth. I had a cold for three months and it nearly wiped me out. Went into the hospital for three days.

I hope The Queen is recovering well, but it can't be easy for her age. No updates from the Palace so far.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-30-2016, 05:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

How do we know she still has a cold ? We wouldn't be seeing her at this time anyway would we ? Well guess if she doesn't go to church we will know.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-30-2016, 06:56 PM
Moderator Emeritus

We know she had a cold... we were told as much when her trip to Sandringham was delayed, and then she missed the Christmas Day services.

We don't know if she's recovered since then, and won't until she makes (or doesn't make) her next appearance at Sunday's services.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know we were told she had a cold at Christmas but she could be well over it by now.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

It has only been five days since Christmas. She was obviously quite ill to miss church. She isn't someone vain enough to to miss church as she doesn't want ohotos of a red nose. She takes church very seriously. It was obviously a very severe cold. At her age that is a danger for pneumonia. I guess it is possible she is fully recovered, but not a stretch to think she is still recovering. She may go to church this weekend, even if not fully recovered, if she is making progress.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:08 PM
Majesty

The Queen's probably out of bed, moving about the house, sitting by the fire watching TV, attending to her red boxes. She's been advised to stay indoors but I bet she's chomping at the bit to get out and about outside even if it's only to take her dogs for a work. I think we'll see her on Sunday.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but even though I cannot for the life of me find a source, I seem to recall that on Christmas morning, HM has a more private service where she receives communion. Then its the family traditional service at St. Mary Magdalene Church. If this is true, HM very much did keep fastidiously to her religious beliefs. She just confined them to her own private service at home this year.

Its rare, if ever, that we see HM at all during the week following Christmas day so no news actually could be very good news in this regards. With this being the winter season, I can attest to the fact that once a cold sets in, if the body isn't coddled and nurtured and kept warm, all kinds of very bad things are waiting to crop up. My own recipe, because I can never keep it straight, is feed a cold, feed a fever. HM has a quarter of a century on me and if I think a nasty cold can wipe me out and put me out of action for quite a while, I can imagine the havoc it could cause with her no matter how hale and healthy she normally is.

Of course we're all very concerned about HM's health and that is a definite proof of just how much this one elderly woman has touched all of us. I think I'm going to go and eat an orange and think healthy, positive thoughts towards one wonderful Queen.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but even though I cannot for the life of me find a source, I seem to recall that on Christmas morning, HM has a more private service where she receives communion. Then its the family traditional service at St. Mary Magdalene Church. If this is true, HM very much did keep fastidiously to her religious beliefs. She just confined them to her own private service at home this year.

Its rare, if ever, that we see HM at all during the week following Christmas day so no news actually could be very good news in this regards. With this being the winter season, I can attest to the fact that once a cold sets in, if the body isn't coddled and nurtured and kept warm, all kinds of very bad things are waiting to crop up. My own recipe, because I can never keep it straight, is feed a cold, feed a fever. HM has a quarter of a century on me and if I think a nasty cold can wipe me out and put me out of action for quite a while, I can imagine the havoc it could cause with her no matter how hale and healthy she normally is.

Of course we're all very concerned about HM's health and that is a definite proof of just how much this one elderly woman has touched all of us. I think I'm going to go and eat an orange and think healthy, positive thoughts towards one wonderful Queen.
Osipi, it was my understanding that the more private communion service early in the morning is also at St. Mary Magdalene. It's the reason we get two sets of pictures on Christmas.

With that said, I'd expect that the parish priest visited her privately to administer Communion since, as far as I've ever seen, a home visit is a normal service that's available to any sick parishioner who's unable to make it to church. At least it is in the RC church.

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents