The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 04:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually Queen of the UK is shorter than Queen of England and we know how the press like to take shortcuts.
Still haven't googled all the titles!

But thinking back, there was a bit of noise when Prince George's birth certificate was revealed and William and Kate were documented as Prince and Princess of the United Kingdom respectively. The noise related to Kate being called a princess, a title she does hold only not in her own name.

So although not an official title as such, Queen of the United Kingdom (UK might appear a bit casual) could well fit in under "Occupation".

Old 09-16-2016, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

So although not an official title as such, Queen of the United Kingdom (UK might appear a bit casual) could well fit in under "Occupation".
Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?

Old 09-25-2016, 05:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Wasn't it the Queen Mum that went to the register's office to report the death of her husband and when asked what his occupation was, she simply said "King"? It was either Queen Mary or the Queen Mum?
I could see either lady (one smiling, the other not!) replying as briefly as just that!

Do you have to go and officially register a death in the UK?
Old 09-25-2016, 12:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I believe it was Margaret Rhodes, the Queen Mum's niece and lady-in-waiting, who was tasked with registering her aunt's death. One of the questions asked by the registrar was the occupation of the late woman's husband, to which she responded, "King."
Old 10-09-2016, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Well one Phillip won the other Phillip over that's for sure!

The Prince appears to have no filter whats so ever, so very interesting for anyone lucky enough to get an interview.
Old 10-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

How wonderful!! Almost everything that could have been thought of to honor the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh has probably been done but to present them with these military awards is something very extra special I think.

Thinking of Philip giving 75 years of service to the Royal Navy really makes me realize just how much of his life he has given to his country's navy both in active duty (and during war time) and in his years of being the Duke of Edinburgh.

Well done!
Old 10-11-2016, 11:54 PM
Courtier

Splendid!
Old 10-13-2016, 06:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

I, for one, am glad that HM stuck to her guns and married the man that she loved. He, IMO, was the absolute best choice for her. Just by the example given in this article of Philip asking Elizabeth "where did you get that hat" immediately after her coronation, had to have given Elizabeth a bit of a giggle and released some of the stress that she had to have had during the long ceremony. That's what husbands and wives do in a good marriage. Balance each other out.

I still remember and its here somewhere on TRF where Elizabeth breaks out in giggles at some functions at the actions of Philip. I think, too, that most everyone here has seen that Philip's "gaffes", for the most part, are amusing. Another favorite of mine is walking up behind a TV presenter giving a report and asking "are you done yet?" totally cracking up the presenter.

For the most part, when on duty, Elizabeth has her "Queen face" on and is staid, sturdy, diligent and regal. Philip does a good job of balancing that out with witticism and levity.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Edinburgh was seen driving his carriage around Windsor Great Park yesterday:

** dailymail: You can't rein me in! Philip still a driving force at 95 as he takes his carriage on an early morning jaunt around Windsor **
Old 11-01-2016, 07:44 AM
Majesty

Someone on twitter joked he went riding after having been told about Harry's new possible date XD
Old 11-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Serene Highness

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/op...ide-nyt-region

Sorry, mods, but I have no idea where else to put this very interesting (to Royal Forum readers, I believe) article from the NY Times, published on the eve of the American election. Indeed, Canadians regard the American election with horrified amusement/dread, but are quite content with our status quo and HM on our money!
Old 11-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Perhaps you could specify what Queen you are talking about, there are still several of them around.
Seeing this is the Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip thread I should think that would be obvious! Unless trying to suggest something else!
Old 12-05-2016, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen's Christmas speech found to be predictable and repetitive by new analysis | Daily Mail Online

I think The Queen should change up her Christmas Messages a bit. Look for some new inspirations and get the family involved.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen's Christmas speech found to be predictable and repetitive by new analysis | Daily Mail Online

I think The Queen should change up her Christmas Messages a bit. Look for some new inspirations and get the family involved.
Agree, she should speak about shopping, fashions, Kardashians, pregnant celebrities, etc.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
Agree, she should speak about shopping, fashions, Kardashians, pregnant celebrities, etc.
Don't think anyone is talking about that kind of change. She should change it up a bit. I think involving the family in some sort of way would be a nice touch. Showing the kids running around during the extended family Christmas lunch or the family sharing in her message would be a nice touch.

I think there's nothing wrong with pointing out the stale nature of the messages every year.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-05-2016, 12:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Personally, I think HM would be best off not involving her family at all in the Christmas speech. It is the traditional Christmas message from the monarch to her people. Her family and their celebrations should remain private.

Maybe things are best left to how they always were when it comes to something like this. Its been a long standing tradition for families to gather around and listen to HM's speech. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh

It's already taped by the time of the big family BP Christmas lunch. I'm sure the Queen will thank everyone for the warm 90th birthday wishes this year. They cut footage from the year into the speech anyways. We don't need Prince George pulling a Tiny Tim at the end. The Christmas speech is one of the only time that the Queen herself talks to her people in her own words.
Old 12-05-2016, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I agree. It's a time honoured tradition and great yo hear just the queen speaking to us. It is one of those traditions that should remain untouched.

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents