The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Majesty

The Queen's boxes are red, Charles' are blue. William doesn't receive boxes as such, but is briefed by the Cabinet Office.

Everyone is kept in the loop.

Old 08-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Queen's boxes are red, Charles' are blue. William doesn't receive boxes as such, but is briefed by the Cabinet Office.

Everyone is kept in the loop.
I knew the Queen got red boxes, didn't know anything about Charles getting any whatever the colour and less about William!

What does William need to be briefed on that is out of the public domain?

Old 08-07-2016, 01:02 PM
Courtier

There were numerous articles about it earlier this year. Here's the Guardian's take: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...cabinet-papers

Quote:
On Wednesday night it said William’s access was because he was “future heir to the throne”. The Guardian understands the amount of material William receives is more modest than that given to Charles or the Queen and includes material relating to countries where he is engaged in official overseas visits.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I knew the Queen got red boxes, didn't know anything about Charles getting any whatever the colour and less about William!

William is briefed by palace officials. He's second in line.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post

The Queen, Charles and William need to be up to speed on government matters. Here are the tweets from the BBC. The Cabinet Office said 'He (William) is regularly briefed on government business.'

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
The BBC has learnt that the Duke of Cambridge does receive Cabinet papers. He is given them occasionally.

Prince William is given the gov documents to help him understand the workings of Whitehall and to prepare him for when he is King.

Cabinet Office: "The Duke of Cambridge is a senior member of the royal family and future heir to the throne and therefore of course ...

....it is appropriate that he is regularly briefed on government business"
Old 08-09-2016, 08:02 AM
Courtier

The Queen and Prince Philip have finally arrived at Balmoral (yesterday I believe). They have spent the past two weeks at a house on the estate while the public season was drawing to a close.
Old 08-14-2016, 02:36 PM
Majesty

Did anyone else notice this in the CC? A number of medical staff appointed.
"The Queen has been pleased to make the following appointments in Her Majesty's Household:- Mr. Satyajit Bhattacharya to be Serjeant-Surgeon. Dr. Robert Laing to be a Physician in Scotland. Mr. Ian Jenkins to be Surgeon to the Household. Mr. David Boddie to be a Surgeon in Scotland."
Old 08-14-2016, 03:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think its great and to be honest, people in their 90s are more inclined to need medical attention than younger people. With reading of the new medical appointments, I feel that our beloved Queen and her "strength and stay" consort have good doctors looking after them.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:39 PM
Majesty

It's all a matter of aesthetics, huh? In that case, I just wish the trousers fit better as well!
Old 08-17-2016, 10:32 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The number of visitors from the US to London’s top museums and galleries has soared since the 2012 Olympics, a study reveals today.

The capital’s biggest cultural attractions welcomed about 2.3 million visitors from the States last year, a rise of 11 per cent from 2012, according to research commissioned by London & Partners, the Mayor’s promotional company.

Royalty was the biggest draw for Americans, with Buckingham Palace coming top of a “bucket list” of experiences and the Queen named as the ultimate dream tour guide.

Another member of the royal family, such as Princes William or Harry or the Duchess of Cambridge, came second, with Adele and David Beckham third and fourth respectively.
Read more: Queen is biggest draw for US visitors to London, new tourism figures show | London | News | London Evening Standard
Old 08-30-2016, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Queen writes thank you to Waiheke haka man Ngahere Raharaha | Stuff.co.nz
Old 08-30-2016, 09:31 PM
Courtier

I wonder why that Stuff article repeatedly refers to the "Queen of England" - she's our Queen too!
Old 09-10-2016, 05:46 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
I wonder why that Stuff article repeatedly refers to the "Queen of England" - she's our Queen too!
Probably no reason other than titles can become cumbersome for the Press!

For example, Charles is the Prince of Wales, but he also holds other titles outside "England" as does William; to document them all after the name might provide valuable press ink inches, but the same press know it's irrelevent to most people in context to the article.

I haven't googled the Queen's titles (!) but imagine it beats either Prince.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

True she has a lot of titles but none of them is actually Queen of England.

Her title that covers England is 'Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'. In the full list of her official titles there is no mention of England as such - or Scotland or Wales.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:58 AM
Majesty

I think we know who she is.. and nobody's goig to type all that for her title
Old 09-10-2016, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Actually Queen of the UK is shorter than Queen of England and we know how the press like to take shortcuts.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

This may not be the right thread, but...

HM was not wearing a seat belt when driving Mrs. Middleton or the DoC!

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-12-2016, 08:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

If Scotland is anything like the US, they don't have to wear seat belts if they're driving on private property. I hardly think HM likes to pretend she's Lightning McQueen.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

My mom who is a bit younger than the Queen refused to use seat belts even after it was required - she said they were uncomfortable. A ticket with a hefty fine changed her mind These days my car squawks at her until she buckles up - it's amusing to hear her scolding the car. Older people are set in their ways and if the elderly Queen on her private property doesn't want to buckle up I guess that's her prerogative.

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents