The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Putting aside any reason for a US President's visit to the UK, is a courtesy visit to the Queen a normal occurrence?

Old 03-17-2016, 03:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen's talent for impressions and why she calls herself Miss Piggy | Daily Mail Online

Queen refuses to return to London to meet Barack Obama, EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE writes* | Daily Mail Online

Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure why I still lets myself be irritated/upset by this man.

Some facts:

The Reagans: Met with the Queen at Windsor Castle in 1982.

The Bushes: Met with the Queen at Windsor Castle in 2008.

She has also met several other heads of state at Windsor both during state visits and official visits.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
The Reagans: Met with the Queen at Windsor Castle in 1982.

The Bushes: Met with the Queen at Windsor Castle in 2008.

She has also met several other heads of state at Windsor both during state visits and official visits.
And Windsor isn't exactly some remote facility that presents a logistical hardship. It's actually closer than Buckingham Palace to either of the two airports in west London (Heathrow and RAF Northolt) that the president is likely to fly into.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:52 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Guys... It's the Daily Mail.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Guys... It's the Daily Mail.
Yes I know, but more importantly It's Ephraim Hardcastle. And as I said, I'm not sure why I still lets myself be irritated/upset by him.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh

Windsor Castle is probably more impressive than BP anyways. She's always at Windsor full time that time of year. He is visiting her not the other way around. You go to where she is at. Next year he isn't President anymore but she will still be Queen.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Now if this story involved (heaven forbid!) President Donald Trump, it would be almost believable. And the thought of the gentlemanly and tactful Barack Obama hectoring the 90-year-old Queen over an elegant lunch is hilarious.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-18-2016, 10:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm very glad that President Obama will be getting to see Windsor Castle too. It's such an impressive and grand home.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She's used to dining at state banquets and no doubt has a team of personal chefs on hand, so it's no wonder the Queen isn't a regular patron of London's restaurants.

But she made an exception last night for a trip to Bellamy's in Mayfair, which is said to be the only restaurant the Monarch, 89, has ever dined at.

The Queen enjoyed a private dinner with her daughter Princess Anne, 65, and her cousin Princess Alexandra.
Nice to see that the Queen is out and enjoying herself with Princess Anne and Princess Alexandra.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Good that the ladies enjoyed a nice evening out together, but The Queen has dined at other restaurants in London.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-22-2016, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Good that the ladies enjoyed a nice evening out together, but The Queen has dined at other restaurants in London.
I know she has, it's just the Fail and their fails.
Old 03-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Majesty

Nice to see the Queen dining out and lovely to see Princess Alexandra joining her and Anne for a meal. It's quite unusual to see this combination of Royal ladies.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Philip takes to the roads in horse and carriage* | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-29-2016, 01:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Previous ....Good April fools day joke a day early but thats ok. I did a double take at first

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-29-2016, 02:33 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Two days to go until April Fools :)
Old 04-01-2016, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen's Bentley you can buy for £220k... on Auto Trader! * | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
If you’re in the market for a new car, this one might catch your eye.

Listed among family run-arounds on the Auto Trader website, it is in immaculate condition, boasts less than 6,000 miles on the clock and has a top-of-the-range interior.

The only problem is that you might have to re-set the satnav – as its careful previous owner has left it programmed to take her home to Windsor.

For this is the Bentley used by the Queen during her Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

She must have ordered a new car, because she only used this car for two years.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-04-2016, 06:28 PM
Majesty

Have we not heard this before? I want her to be safe. I'm sure the Commonwealth does as well. Silly imaginings IMHO.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

According to the article the Queen & her staff of 426 would move to Windsor - would they even fit?

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents