Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 06:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looks so happy and the colour of her outfit is wonderful

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 02-26-2016, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Billboard portrays the Queen as a CAMEL in Iranian election poster | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Iranians voted on Friday in two key elections which represent a major test for moderate President Hassan Rouhani after signing a historic deal with world powers.

Reformists and conservatives are locked in a deadly battle for power which could affect Rouhani's chances of re-election in 2017. Hardliners warned against foreign 'interference' in the polls, and billboards appeared in the capital Tehran portraying the Queen as a camel and accusing Britain of meddling with the vote.
Old 02-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Nobility

Is nothing sacred?
Old 02-28-2016, 04:34 AM
Majesty

You could say that about anything named after the Queen though, couldn't you? There's the QE Dock, Merseyside, the Diamond Jubilee Pavilion Cafe in Bolton, the QEII Stadium in Hong Kong, the Park named after in the Cayman Islands, or the Queen Elizabeth II Street in Addis Ababa, plus a thousand other structures, hospitals, buildings, locations, etc, all over Britain and the Commonwealth and out of it. Is she likely to venture there to use any of them? A typical bit of moaning by the Guardian, IMO.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

Anecdotes galore - from chauffers to chefs, ladies-in-waiting to clergymen.

Despite the derision the "Daily Mail/Mail Online" draws from some TRFs posters, they now have an exceedingly interesting article out.

Princess Margaret smacking Diana's wrist.

The birthday of The Queen that she had to spend listening to Sarah and Diana together, each complaining to her about the state of their marriages - while they were in a period of not talking to each other.

Princess Margaret not enjoying William and Harry using the palace pool at the same time she did, (Margaret didn't like to get her hair wet and the young Princes were active and splashy).

And on and on with snippets and insights of Her Majesty's life.

I can't post links, but the title of the article is "How Diana broke the Queen's heart".

(And covers much more than just Diana.)

I loved the quote from The Queen Mother at the end. Good advice.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I found the link.

How Diana broke the Queen's heart and that she sees her in Princes William and Harry | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-06-2016, 11:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just don't see the point of constantly bringing up the past. Everybody knows the Wales family went through a very hurtful and tough time, but things did settle down before Diana's passing.

There were also some good days for the Wales family and with the royal family. I just don't understand why those days aren't written about and reflected upon.

Bringing old and ancient drama just seems silly.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-06-2016, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I just don't see the point of constantly bringing up the past. Everybody knows the Wales family went through a very hurtful and tough time, but things did settle down before Diana's passing.

There were also some good days for the Wales family and with the royal family. I just don't understand why those days aren't written about and reflected upon.

Bringing old and ancient drama just seems silly.
You have to consider the author of the article. Richard Kay is well known to be one not to let the world forget Diana. If there is an article about Diana in the Daily Fail, 9 time out of 10, its written by Kay.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
You have to consider the author of the article. Richard Kay is well known to be one not to let the world forget Diana. If there is an article about Diana in the Daily Fail, 9 time out of 10, its written by Kay.
Yeah, but to write about the same old (very old) boring stories over and over again? The Windsor family had and, still have, some very good days. Little or nothing is really written about that. Instead we get this old piece of drama, that the whole family has moved on from long ago.

Sadly, the media, even Diana's old friend, Richard Kay, can't get over the drama from the past. All it seems to do is paint Diana as a total tragic story.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-08-2016, 04:53 AM
Nobility

The volume of stories posted on TRF from publications such as the Daily Mail, the Express, the Mirror and the Sun, is nothing short of alarming. It isn't journalism, it is often dangerously inaccurate and those with a genuine interest in the lives of Royal Families around the world would be better served lining their bird cages and litter trays with such garbage, rather than indulge in the misleading content. The gutter press is well named, for that is exactly where they belong.

If anyone is a loyal subscriber to any of the above papers, I mean no offence to you, but rather to treat the publications with the same contempt they have shown the Royal Family.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Schlesian View Post
The volume of stories posted on TRF from publications such as the Daily Mail, the Express, the Mirror and the Sun, is nothing short of alarming. It isn't journalism, it is often dangerously inaccurate and those with a genuine interest in the lives of Royal Families around the world would be better served lining their bird cages and litter trays with such garbage, rather than indulge in the misleading content. The gutter press is well named, for that is exactly where they belong.

If anyone is a loyal subscriber to any of the above papers, I mean no offence to you, but rather to treat the publications with the same contempt they have shown the Royal Family.
I agree with you about the articles that do nothing but trash the Royal Family. The Daily Fail is pretty good at that along with the others you mentioned. One thing though is that I do have to give the DF credit for having some of the best pictures to be found anywhere.

In reference to the most recent article about the Queen and the DoE's relationship, right now I think we're going to see a huge amount of articles written about HM as her 90th birthday approaches. That's 90 years of material to work from. I found the article on their relationship quite interesting (although I didn't care for the title one bit) and I would say that quotes made were from quite reputable sources.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The gloves are really off when it comes to the tabloids (and some of the other papers) coverage of the royal family and even the Queen who is almost 90 and has been on the throne for 64 years. I thinks the Sun should be ashamed of themselves for dragging the Queen in to this, but they think/hope that this is a good story who sells newspapers.

The Sun front page:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdD0qSQUEAETElo.jpg

Revealed: Queen backs Brexit as alleged EU bust-up with ex-Deputy PM emerges
Quote:
THE Queen has been hailed as a backer of Brexit tonight after details emerged of an extraordinary alleged bust-up between her and Nick Clegg over Europe.

Her Majesty let rip at the then Deputy PM during a lunch at Windsor Castle, The Sun has been told.

The 89-year-old monarch firmly told passionate pro-European Mr Clegg that she believed the EU was heading in the wrong direction.
Quote:
Nick Clegg ‏@nick_clegg
Re Sun story. As I told the journalist this is nonsense. I've no recollection of this happening & its not the sort of thing I would forget
As you see: Nick Clegg denies it on twitter, but the journalist he's talking about in his twitter post (Tom Newton Dunn) says in the Sun article and on Sky News that Nick Clegg not used the word ''nonsense'' to him in the telephone.

Quote:
Former Lib Dem boss Mr Clegg told The Sun: “I have absolutely no recollection of it.

“I don’t have a photographic memory. But I think I would have remembered something as stark or significant as you have made it out to be.

“No doubt you’ll speak to someone else and they’ll say, ‘I was there I heard it’. Fine.

“But I really can’t remember it at all.

“Anyway, without sounding pompous, I find it rather distasteful to reveal conversations with the Queen.”
The palace said this:
Quote:
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: “The Queen remains politically neutral, as she has for 63 years. We would never comment on spurious, anonymously sourced claims.

“The referendum will be a matter for the British people.”
Tom Newton Dunn said this:
Quote:
By TOM NEWTON DUNN, Political Editor

OUR revelations will trigger an almighty row, because the Queen loathes little more than being dragged into an ugly political knife fight.

Constitutionally, it is vital for the monarch to remain about the fray, no matter how important the issue is – and they don’t come much bigger than Brexit.

Buckingham Palace may even go as far as formally denying her anti-EU remarks that we are reporting were ever made.

Yet Her Majesty’s most senior officials pointedly did not do so tonight. Neither did Nick Clegg.

We would also not be taking the big step in reporting them if they had not come from two different and impeccably placed sources.

The Queen is very arguably the most respected stateswoman in the world.

If she has a view on something as big as Brexit, don’t voters have a right to know what it is?

Hate it as she might, Her Majesty now has form for political interference.

It is now beyond doubt that she made a very careful intervention in the Scottish independence referendum to back a vote for the union.

Can it be right that the Queen’s politics should only be known when she and the Prime Minister deem it so between them?

It is a massive debate. But remember who started it.
The Queen 'backs Brexit' as Her Majesty revealed Eurosceptic views to Nick Clegg | Daily Mail Online

Queen drawn into row over EU referendum - Telegraph
Old 03-09-2016, 12:08 AM
Nobility

Proves my point, however disgracefully. Playing on the conspiratorial sensationalism of the ignorant by suggesting silence from the Palace equates to an admission - the Palace never comments on such issues. Irresponsible, undignified, uninformed tripe.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Breaking news

Buckingham Palace complains to press watchdog over Sun newspaper article claiming the Queen "backed Brexit"

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

EU referendum: Palace complains over Queen 'Brexit' story - BBC News
Old 03-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent

General News & Information for Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Breaking news

Buckingham Palace complains to press watchdog over Sun newspaper article claiming the Queen "backed Brexit"

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

EU referendum: Palace complains over Queen 'Brexit' story - BBC News

Go get em Liz! It's about time the Windsors put their feet down after the last few months mounting press allegations and preposterously made up headlines.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 03-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Majesty

It's great news. The tabloids and in particular The Sun have been having a go at the royals lately.

Starting with the 'Nazi salute' story and then taking digs at William and now this.

Glad the palace is starting to push back
Old 03-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

First thing that comes to mind for me is a quote from William. As I learned from growing up, you don't mess with your grandmother.

I'm really glad to see BP and HM firing back on this one.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:44 PM
Aristocracy

A couple things about the whole Sun/Queen and Brexit thing. Allegedly all the Queen said if we're to believe this happened is that she felt the EU was moving in the wrong direction. To me that doesn't imply she's pro-Brexit at all.

That being said, many biographers of the Queen have come to the conclusion that the Queen is at the very least slightly Euro-skeptic. She has always preferred the Commonwealth to Europe and in the 70s it's somewhat common knowledge she warned Ted Heath about the long term ramification of the UK 'getting into bed' with Europe.

This in no way means she's pro-brexit and nor does it matter. If the Queen did express her concerns in a private setting with her ministers, it should remain private.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:06 PM
Majesty

Listen On @bbcradio4, the Queen v the Sun #Radio4Six

https://audioboom.com/boos/4281278-o...-sun-radio4six

Closed Thread

Tags
auction, collectibles, cooking, environment, market report, meals, memorabilia, prince philip, queen elizabeth, queen elizabeth ii, royal marriage, royal trips, royal visits, talents