General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe that the French govt gave David a villa for a peppercorn rent. They did agree to the Windsors living in France and paying no taxes.
It is a lot harder for ordinary people to "build a life" so i feel no sympathy for this pair (or the Windsors).

They did. It was extremely reasonable.

I don't know, maybe it is just my natural instinct not having been born in a country that is a monarchy, but, when public figures start getting private favors, things might get shady very quickly.

I understand the Sussexes do not hold any public office in the UK or the Commonwealth, but they are still members of the Royal Family, which gives them some official role or, at least, greater/easier access to State officials. I don't think they should accept "grace-and-favor" homes from anyone other than Harry's father or grandmother.

But again, that is just speculation on my part as I don't know if they are paying rent or not.

Course its shady but they aren't part of the official gang anymore. No one to embarrass but themselves

Last edited by a moderator:
It used to happen a lot - and not just in monarchies. In the pre Civil War South, or Gilded Age New York, friends or relatives would arrive for a visit and stay for years! If Tyler Perry wants to let them stay in his house for free, that's up to him - maybe, if you've got that much money, it doesn't make any difference. But it does rather smack of scrounging. It's not as if they can't afford to rent somewhere. There are plenty of homeless people who'd be very glad of a room for free, never mind a mansion.

It used to happen a lot - and not just in monarchies. In the pre Civil War South, or Gilded Age New York, friends or relatives would arrive for a visit and stay for years! If Tyler Perry wants to let them stay in his house for free, that's up to him - maybe, if you've got that much money, it doesn't make any difference. But it does rather smack of scrounging. It's not as if they can't afford to rent somewhere. There are plenty of homeless people who'd be very glad of a room for free, never mind a mansion.

Happened in Britain too with the big houses. Some people would just keep getting invites to houses and would just live travelling around to them and it was ackward getting rid of them..

They may have a small place on London but no money so they would depend on these invites to keep feed. The inprovisheres wealthy class.

According to some reports Harry spoke at a JP Morgan event, about his mental health.. (as was discussed at the time).

It has nothing to do with his renting a home.. I merely said that I can't understand why anyone would do it.. but it seems that they did. I can't understand why Anyone would lend rich people a house, but people do. As i recall some poster said that "celebrities did live in borrowed houses, that was their lifestyle.".

This is a constant theme on Sussex threads. News paper gossip from unconfirmed sources becomes “fact” when it’s repeated often enough.

Henry and Meghan have never mentioned the words financial independence, have never confirmed or denied their current LA home situation and lastly we don’t know if Henry and Meghan were paid for the JP event.

This threads are becoming unreadable.

This is a constant theme on Sussex threads. News paper gossip from unconfirmed sources becomes “fact” when it’s repeated often enough.

Henry and Meghan have never mentioned the words financial independence, have never confirmed or denied their current LA home situation and lastly we don’t know if Henry and Meghan were paid for the JP event.

They did mention financial independence a lot. And I would imagine they were paid for that event. In some way. Cash or in kind. Whatever.

Last edited:
They did mention financial independence a lot. And I would imagine they were paid for that event. In some way. Cash or in kind. Whatever.

Where did Henry and Meghan mention financial independence?

General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April 2020-

https://sussexroyal.com/funding/

It is all over the funding portion of their website.

Thank you for the link! Really appreciate it as the website would not load for me direct from google.

Now seeing as the VAST majority of that part of the website is dedicated to explaining the Sovereign Grant, it is my interpretation that the financial independence they speak of is from exactly that. Of which they have done exactly that since leaving the royal family.

So again, their current finances and what they do with the money they have is of no concern of mine.

Last edited:
I'm with you, Lumutqueen. it doesn't matter one bit at all how they're handling money or how they're going to get it or how they're going to spend it. Now... if they were going to join the bandwagon in the US and declare they're going to send us all a stimulus check, my ears will perk up. :D

Sometimes I think people are focusing too much on their bank accounts as if we have the inherent right to know this stuff and what they're going to charge for and how much they appear right now to be freeloaders living off other people's good will. Their financial arrangements will become public knowledge the day that all of our finances are required to be displayed for all to see.

Thank you for the link! Really appreciate it as the website would not load for me direct from google.

Now seeing as the VAST majority of that part of the website is dedicated to explaining the Sovereign Grant, it is my interpretation that the financial independence they speak of is from exactly that. Of which they have done exactly that since leaving the royal family.

So again, their current finances and what they do with the money they have is of no concern of mine.

These quotes are rather interesting side-by-side. The first essentially accuses posters of believing whatever they want to believe about the Sussexes, believing or disbelieving things based on what they want to believe. The second, given a direct quote by the Sussexes from their own mouth/ hand, goes on to say that you choose not to believe it, and wish to interpret it your own way-- in other words, that you choose to interpret even what they themselves say in a way that confirms what you want to believe about them.

The sword swings both ways.

These quotes are rather interesting side-by-side. The first essentially accuses posters of believing whatever they want to believe about the Sussexes, believing or disbelieving things based on what they want to believe. The second, given a direct quote by the Sussexes from their own mouth/ hand, goes on to say that you choose not to believe it, and wish to interpret it your own way-- in other words, that you choose to interpret even what they themselves say in a way that confirms what you want to believe about them.

The sword swings both ways.

Difference being the second post is my interpretation of their own words. I have not made an interpretation on something I am unaware is true.

Acdc was kind enough to find the proof of the use of “financial independence” and it did indeed come from Henry and Meghan. How I choose to interpret that fact, and clearly state so is my choice. I haven’t gone on to state my interpretation as fact.

What occurs regularly in the Sussexes threads is an article is posted, with close friend/royal sources quotes and then that suddenly becomes fact and therefore interpretations are made on facts that we know not to be true or false for that matter. I.E. the current housing situation or the car they were seen getting into this week. We know they have both, it is assumed by the press and people on this forum that no financial recompense is occurring for both things and therefore Henry and Meghan are in the wrong.

Posters can believe what they choose to read/see about Henry and Meghan, however as a commentator on this forum when a comment is made stating X to be a fact of a situation and I don’t know that to be the case I will ask for proof of said fact. If proof can’t be found and it’s someone’s interpretation, that’s absolutely fine but then it should be stated as such.

Last edited:

Tyler Perry didn't get to where he is by not been a shrewd businessman - eventually Meghan and Harry will have to pay up.
Personally I feel that they will just drop in at his parties for a year or two - attend his Oscar party ect. Raise his Hollywood Status just a tad. Maybe add their names as producer to his movies.

I hope he wasn't expecting favor with Disney :)

The press wrong stated they were paid for the JP Morgan event talking about Diana and his mental health. Then they backtracked. They were just apparently guests of the summit. It was a networking event. But the initial report obviously got more coverage than the correction.

That is pretty typical of their coverage though.

Everyone is allowed their opinions. No one really knows anything as fact about what happened. It is all projection based on what we believe is to be true, whether that is the case or not. And that is fine.

Though I do think it is interesting that people have already determined their future. Shall be interesting to watch it all play out in the next year.

The press wrong stated they were paid for the JP Morgan event talking about Diana and his mental health. Then they backtracked. They were just apparently guests of the summit. It was a networking event. But the initial report obviously got more coverage than the correction.

That is pretty typical of their coverage though.

Everyone is allowed their opinions. No one really knows anything as fact about what happened. It is all projection based on what we believe is to be true, whether that is the case or not. And that is fine.

Though I do think it is interesting that people have already determined their future. Shall be interesting to watch it all play out in the next year.

There isn't going to be much in the next six months at least. Who knows before things are looking okay in California. We won't be hearing from them for a good while. Maybe another baby and of course the court case. I mean my eyes are actually popping out of head over the Depp thing. Who would bring a libel case.

can you give us a link to the deneial that they were there as speakers? I dnt remember it...

As has been pointed out the Sovereign Grant was only a small part of their income.. which was there for expenses for their work. Charles also helped them out to the tune of over £2M a year. and if they were not aiming at "financial independence" in the sense of making their own money, why was there all the discussion with teh queen about the HRH and whether they could use it or use the term royal? If they just wished to give up royal duties and not to receive the Sov Grant, there would be no need for this...

That sort of thing was reciprocal hospitality...
This is another matter IMO, of people who could quite well afford to rent or buy a reasonably sized property who are living in a house belonging to someone they don't apparently even know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Difference being the second post is my interpretation of their own words. I have not made an interpretation on something I am unaware is true.

Acdc was kind enough to find the proof of the use of “financial independence” and it did indeed come from Henry and Meghan. How I choose to interpret that fact, and clearly state so is my choice. I haven’t gone on to state my interpretation as fact.

What occurs regularly in the Sussexes threads is an article is posted, with close friend/royal sources quotes and then that suddenly becomes fact and therefore interpretations are made on facts that we know not to be true or false for that matter. I.E. the current housing situation or the car they were seen getting into this week. We know they have both, it is assumed by the press and people on this forum that no financial recompense is occurring for both things and therefore Henry and Meghan are in the wrong.

Posters can believe what they choose to read/see about Henry and Meghan, however as a commentator on this forum when a comment is made stating X to be a fact of a situation and I don’t know that to be the case I will ask for proof of said fact. If proof can’t be found and it’s someone’s interpretation, that’s absolutely fine but then it should be stated as such.

Everyone on here is free to draw ANY conclusion they want. It is really irritating when another poster tries to decide for others on how they should interpret anything

Everyone on here is free to draw ANY conclusion they want. It is really irritating when another poster tries to decide for others on how they should interpret anything

Did you bother to read my last paragraph?

H and M

I'm with you, Lumutqueen. it doesn't matter one bit at all how they're handling money or how they're going to get it or how they're going to spend it. Now... if they were going to join the bandwagon in the US and declare they're going to send us all a stimulus check, my ears will perk up. :D

Sometimes I think people are focusing too much on their bank accounts as if we have the inherent right to know this stuff and what they're going to charge for and how much they appear right now to be freeloaders living off other people's good will. Their financial arrangements will become public knowledge the day that all of our finances are required to be displayed for all to see.
I agree with Osipi and Lumetqueen.
As far as the Escalade it's for safety purposes and it's the Hollywood way.

What I feel is rather sad is that Harry and family don't have a home. They have a mansion that they live in, currently, but not a home. Take all the videos that have been going round with the Royal Family talking on Zoom or Skype or whatever for their charities... you can see their homes. The Queen, PCharles & Camilla, the Cambridges, Princess Anne, Sophie and Edward, even Fergie; you can see their personal items in the background; they're at home, they have a place they can call 'home'. Harry doesn't. The few videos he's been in show a blank wall.

What I feel is rather sad is that Harry and family don't have a home. They have a mansion that they live in, currently, but not a home. Take all the videos that have been going round with the Royal Family talking on Zoom or Skype or whatever for their charities... you can see their homes. The Queen, PCharles & Camilla, the Cambridges, Princess Anne, Sophie and Edward, even Fergie; you can see their personal items in the background; they're at home, they have a place they can call 'home'. Harry doesn't. The few videos he's been in show a blank wall.

Harry did have a home. It was called Frogmore Cottage and was decorated for h im at tax payers expenses. If H and Meg chose to abandon that house and live in some stranger's mansion, that's their choice.

A very typical cheeky Aussie ad. Of course no one in this country would take it seriously. Very tongue in cheek so to speak. Even as Aussies might have a little chuckle at the ad it does not take away the fact that the great majority of Australians have tremendous respect for Her Majesty and the position she holds.

I love the Aussie's sense of humour! :D Made me chuckle.

As has been pointed out the Sovereign Grant was only a small part of their income.. which was there for expenses for their work. Charles also helped them out to the tune of over £2M a year. and if they were not aiming at "financial independence" in the sense of making their own money, why was there all the discussion with teh queen about the HRH and whether they could use it or use the term royal? If they just wished to give up royal duties and not to receive the Sov Grant, there would be no need for this...

Ever consider this? Royals that work for the "Firm" do not draw any kind of paycheck. It costs money to do the things they do. Clothing, transportation, office staff to handle the itinerary etc. The way I see Charles giving them that $2M is like a CEO expending green dollars for his employee's expense account.

That money did not just go into their pockets to fly off to Tanzania for a weekend here and there. It was for necessities to do their work for the "Firm". The Sovereign Grant covered some of the operational costs of the Sussex Royal foundation and Charles covered more. The Queen does the same for the expenses of the rest of the family outside of Charles'.

They were told that, like any other business, that if you're not working for the "Firm", you cannot use the "trademarks" exclusively belonging to the "Firm" at another venture of your own. You don't see anyone working at Burger King wearing a McDonald's uniform do you? You're not going to see Trump wearing a blue tie with red, white and blue donkeys on it either. Everything and anything stated about financial independence was related to the "business" side of the "divorce" agreement.

This would happen with any parent company dealing with a department in the business that were branching out into its own entity. Negotiations and conditions and agreements made.

Last edited:
Ever consider this? Royals that work for the "Firm" do not draw any kind of paycheck. It costs money to do the things they do. Clothing, transportation, office staff to handle the itinerary etc. The way I see Charles giving them that $2M is like a CEO expending green dollars for his employee's expense account.

That money did not just go into their pockets to fly off to Tanzania for a weekend here and there. It was for necessities to do their work for the "Firm". The Sovereign Grant covered some of the operational costs of the Sussex Royal foundation and Charles covered more. The Queen does the same for the expenses of the rest of the family outside of Charles'.

They were told that, like any other business, that if you're not working for the "Firm", you cannot use the "trademarks" exclusively belonging to the "Firm" at another venture of your own. You don't see anyone working at Burger King wearing a McDonald's uniform do you? You're not going to see Trump wearing a blue tie with red, white and blue donkeys on it either. Everything and anything stated about financial independence was related to the "business" side of the "divorce" agreement.

This would happen with any parent company dealing with a department in the business that were branching out into its own entity. Negotiations and conditions and agreements made.

I think everyone understand that. He paid for,their work. But their work is going to cost money now. It will have to be paid for. So they have to try and work out how to get money to do it and profits for themselves.

Why do we need to know anything about their finances? Even being a Duke and Duchess they should have privacy. They have been pretty darn quiet trying to get on with a new life. Perhaps every person should release all finances so the world knows. It is not right is it. No one would like it. We really do not know what they are doing everyone is guessing!
It’s the negativity written, the media frenzy, and nosey people that are causing big issues.
No matter who Harry married there would have been a HUGE problem. This problem started way before Megan, it was kept under wraps by the Firm. Why else did Harry’s ex girlfriends not want to get involved with the Firm...they knew. The Firm should have let Harry continue his Military career. He would have been happy, out of the way of the Firm. He was a third wheel, without Megan. Everyone knew it.

This very sad....what will everyone say about Prince Louis in the future? What will Prince George treat Prince Louis like? PL better start planning now to have his own career away from the Firm....yes I know he is a young child, but he better start planning. JMOO

Why do we need to know anything about their finances? Even being a Duke and Duchess they should have privacy. They have been pretty darn quiet trying to get on with a new life. Perhaps every person should release all finances so the world knows. It is not right is it. No one would like it. We really do not know what they are doing everyone is guessing!
It’s the negativity written, the media frenzy, and nosey people that are causing big issues.
No matter who Harry married there would have been a HUGE problem. This problem started way before Megan, it was kept under wraps by the Firm. Why else did Harry’s ex girlfriends not want to get involved with the Firm...they knew. The Firm should have let Harry continue his Military career. He would have been happy, out of the way of the Firm. He was a third wheel, without Megan. Everyone knew it.

This very sad....what will everyone say about Prince Louis in the future? What will Prince George treat Prince Louis like? PL better start planning now to have his own career away from the Firm....yes I know he is a young child, but he better start planning. JMOO

Harry decided to leave the military. The next step was an office job and he didn't think that was for him. He could have done a lot of things afterwards. Air ambulance pilot etc. He decided it was time to go full time.

Harry was fine in the firm. That they had to bury stories on him. That the media joked about all the spin about him. No big deal. He was single and he was stable and emotionally healthy. But of course he wanted a family of his own, a wife, kids. He needed a life for himself but you know. He was doing good. Achieving things. Working for things he cared about.

Last edited:
That sort of thing was reciprocal hospitality...

It wasn't always reciprocal.

In years past, there was always some "poor relation"...an aunt or cousin who latched onto a wealthy relative and became a "companion."
Or, as in Downton Abbey, the estate manager (who later inherited the estate).

Harry did have a home. It was called Frogmore Cottage and was decorated for h im at tax payers expenses. If H and Meg chose to abandon that house and live in some stranger's mansion, that's their choice.

You are incorrect. It was made clear long time back, when the house was going thru the remodel they paid for fixtures and furnishing. You did not pay for their decoration.

Plus it was also made clear the house was already on the slate to be redone since it is the Queen's duty to keep the houses in good repair.

LaRae

I think everyone understand that. He paid for,their work. But their work is going to cost money now. It will have to be paid for. So they have to try and work out how to get money to do it and profits for themselves.

Exactly. And along with that, any monies that they're "helped" with or the details of what they do to make money (outside of the obvious public angle of whatever organization they open up) falls into the realm of their "private" lives as members of the British Royal Family that are financially independent from the "Firm".

Charles could buy them an island to raise penguins on in the Solomon Islands and totally gift it to them out of his private income if he wanted to. The public isn't required to be made aware of any of it.

I agree with Osipi and Lumetqueen.
As far as the Escalade it's for safety purposes and it's the Hollywood way.

Plus, Harry is tall, and I am sure the security guys are strapping. We can't expect them to all jam into a Prius.

Plus, Harry is tall, and I am sure the security guys are strapping. We can't expect them to all jam into a Prius.

They're also paying for the car. In a way if its connected to their security service. Its kind of like those infomercials you see on TV where they plug the merchandise and then comes "but wait! There's MORE!" Included in the cost of their security is a very secure car this is used to secure their clients. Good package for the Sussexes if this really is the deal surrounding their security.

I could use a deal like this now. Buy an ice chai tea latte and have an extra bonus of a few cannolis in there to go with it. Dang... now I want both of those!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom