General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QOUTE]There is no way that Harry would ever seek to or even think of wanting to make a profit off of the Invictus Games. I don't care how much money Harry has or how much money Harry is going to make and how he's going to do it. What I am interested in is the work for the greater good that the Sussexes intend to do.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with you but Respectfully Such definite certainties don’t exist esp. When people are tested, tempted, influenced Wrongly A different person can emerge . Many a golden idol has been tarnished and people left with dissolution, confusion and heartbreak

Harry has never seriously fought a material thing much less had to hustle, wheel
And deal and compromise values to accomplish goals in his life and frankly the Hollywood set he lives amongst exists because of that. Meghan OTOH has... ANF you know what they say about the neck

Will the Ends justify the means to the Sussex’s? Only Time will tell.

Except Oprah has already said she had nothing to do with The Sussexes and their living situation.

Nothing new in the article, warmed over tabloid chatter.

LaRae
Did she? I never saw anything and a quick google search came back empty, could you maybe give a source of this information?

Did she? I never saw anything and a quick google search came back empty, could you maybe give a source of this information?

It was Gayle King - in an interview unsure when and for what.

Reactions: Fem
It was Gayle King - in an interview unsure when and for what.

She told Entertainment Tonight when discussing the couples 2nd Wedding Anniversary.

Here's the Harpers Bazaar Link for the interview.

"Oprah didn't hook that up," King bluntly told Entertainment Tonight. "Harry and Meghan know people. Tyler knows people. Oprah knows people but she did not make that connection for Harry and Meghan to live in Tyler's house."

The Entertainment Tonight Link: https://www.etonline.com/gayle-king...-for-meghan-markle-and-prince-harry-exclusive

However, its not correct to say that the Invictus Games are for veterans solely with physical wounds.

Hmm, but there are no actual games for ex-soldiers with mental health issues, right, it is more like the Paralympics? A few discussions about mental problems on the sidelines only...

I mean, yeah, ok, what games could be there, since this is the malicious aspect of mental health problems, that the person, which has them, looks healthy from the outside?

I do not know, but I am not in Harry's shoes, so, it does not matter...

And the aspect with the money: Yeah, I mean, this is what the "Forbes" article came up with as the problem! Harry has to stay relevant in the public eye - because only if he is an "influencer", he can make some big money! A sum big enough for him to keep his quite lavish lifestyle going...

From reports concerning the Invictus Games in Sydney, Australia in 2018.

"Of particular interest are strategies to address mental health issues.

Almost half of the five hundred athletes competing at the Invictus Games in Sydney face such hardships."

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/invictus-games-sparks-collaborative-approach-to-tackle-mental-health

What happens now to Harry as far as being relevant and "making money" is yet to be determined as very, very little has actually been confirmed by the couple. I do not, however, see Harry's patronage of the Invictus Games being set aside in any way as I do believe its a cause very dear to his heart. As the Invictus Games are an organization in and of itself, there will be no way that Harry could possibly "profit" from these games.

Well, then to me there's a difference between Oprah saying she didn't do something and Gayle King saying Oprah didn't do something.

Gayle and Oprah have been best friends for at least 20/30 years. There's no way she would speak out like that if Oprah had an issue with it. If you recall on the day of the Sussex wedding Gayle was hosting the TV show about the wedding and talked about Oprah's dress situation, direct info from Oprah about having to buy a different dress from Beckham. It's not the first time Gayle has spoken on behalf of Oprah.

LaRae

Gayle and Oprah have been best friends for at least 20/30 years. There's no way she would speak out like that if Oprah had an issue with it. If you recall on the day of the Sussex wedding Gayle was hosting the TV show about the wedding and talked about Oprah's dress situation, direct info from Oprah about having to buy a different dress from Beckham. It's not the first time Gayle has spoken on behalf of Oprah.

LaRae
All that can be very much true and still, it does not equal to Oprah herself talking.

I think Harry is finally realizing that it was the unique circumstances of who he was born to and raised as that helped define him. He had an audience and he had the opportunity to "make a difference" regardless of money. And there is no denying that he is a loving and giving man, that his true north was charity, military-based and mental health work with people that identified with him.

In the US he is just another unemployed foreign prince to be paraded around to try and raise money but whose visa could cause problems. I think Meghan may be having a reality check too in that all she is is an ex-actress and married to a prince of the UK who now really can't live in the UK unless he returns to the family fold.

What is becoming more common in the U.S. is millionaires. Many economists claim that there is an invisible amount of money where if the person reaches it and goes over, then from that point onward money will make money on its own.

Only a fool could lose it all in Vegas or buy a yacht uninsured and it sinks, etc. (Its been done before). My point I'm getting at is this couple already have millions, and both seem to be very smart people. They are way past the line and their money will make money no matter what they do.

I realize there must be some fun or interest in speculating on something that most of us don't have and probably never will. I wish them well and yet I'm interested in what they will do in the future.

Anyone would think that Harry had been unemployed and lazing about in LA for years. Don't let's forget that it has barely been two months (and a huge pandemic slowing things as well) since Harry and Meghan left the ranks of working royals.

Before the first of April 2020 the couple were not allowed to enter into any commercial agreements of any kind, and none of us know what they have planned out for the future. I too wish them well in their future lives.

Originally Posted by Durham
An interesting take from Forbes. Didn't realise Forbes covered this sort of thing until I stumbled across it looking for something else.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/guymart...-this-america/

I thought the same thing as the author of the article when I read the words "Modern Royal Family" - they're not "royal" anymore. And picking fights with his family and the British press isn't a career.

The couple are members of the Royal Family, and remain so, as the Queen stated in her January statement. Unless you're suggesting that HM lied?

Harry is son of Charles, Prince of Wales and the future King Charles III, and will remain so until his dying day. And Meghan receives her status in the Royal family from her husband. So it is untrue that are no longer Royal. They are no longer working royals, that's the difference.

Harry and Meghan suing the tabloid press group has nothing to do with their intentions for the future. As for 'picking fights' with other members of the Royal family, nobody knows what has gone on behind closed doors.

Yes. They are Royal technically And biologically in part that’s a fact but Not functionally and that’s what the majority of people are going to look at

Let’s be Real here. They will show up on Genealogy charts, as Foot notes in History books and useless Trivia Questions in 60 years when no one but the most obsessed Royal Watcher can Name an obscure Wealthyish Sussex grandchild working in the Private sector.

That’s no different than dozens of minor non working Royal relations so the Ultimate importance of the Sussexes To the BRF is minor at best.

I find the European monarchies' (some of them) distinction between Royal House and Royal Family is really useful. Harry and Meghan will remain part of the Royal Family but are no longer part of the Royal House.

Covid has put everything on the backburner for traditional royal activities, far less whatever plans Harry and Meghan had. I look forward to hearing from them, once we adjust to the new normal.

Yes. They are Royal technically And biologically in part that’s a fact but Not functionally and that’s what the majority of people are going to look at

Let’s be Real here. They will show up on Genealogy charts, as Foot notes in History books and useless Trivia Questions in 60 years when no one but the most obsessed Royal Watcher can Name an obscure Wealthyish Sussex grandchild working in the Private sector.

That’s no different than dozens of minor non working Royal relations so the Ultimate importance of the Sussexes To the BRF is minor at best.

The general public in the UK have great difficulty now in naming all but very senior royals in the BRF whether they are working royals or not. That was so in the past, and will continue to be. So it makes little difference really. That won't prevent the Sussexes from having a happy and productive life in the US or wherever else they choose to live.

Last edited:
I find the European monarchies' (some of them) distinction between Royal House and Royal Family is really useful. Harry and Meghan will remain part of the Royal Family but are no longer part of the Royal House.

Covid has put everything on the backburner for traditional royal activities, far less whatever plans Harry and Meghan had. I look forward to hearing from them, once we adjust to the new normal.

Didn't the queen say that they were "well loved members of my family" but they are not representing her any more. So the implication is that yes they are members fo the queen's family but they are not senior working royals who work for her, any more...

The general public in the UK have great difficulty now in naming all but very senior royals in the BRF whether they are working royals or not. That was so in the past, and will continue to be. So it makes little difference really. That won't prevent the Sussexes from having a happy and productive life in the US or wherever else they choose to live.

The Queen, Phillip, Charles and Anne, Camilla, William and Kate and their kids (whether they know the names debatable), and the Princesses (highly unlikely to know Bea from Eug). Some would know Edward and Sophie and everyone now knows Andrew.

Archie himself wouldn't even have been as well known as those indecipherable Princesses. In normal times.

The Queen, Phillip, Charles and Anne, Camilla, William and Kate and their kids (whether they know the names debatable), and the Princesses (highly unlikely to know Bea from Eug). Some would know Edward and Sophie and everyone now knows Andrew.

Archie himself wouldn't even have been as well known as those indecipherable Princesses. In normal times.

I don't agree. Meghan and Harry were working royals.. that meant that there was bound to be a certain meida interest when they had a child and the child is boudn to be photographed and become known to the media and the public. Bea and Eugenie "disappeared" a bit from public attention in childhood because of Fergie's divorce, but when they were grown up, although they were not working royals they were noticed as socialites. Now, they are probably going to slide into semi obscurity. It may happen to Archie too, since H and M have left the RF, depends how much they share pics of him on social media etc....

I don't agree. Meghan and Harry were working royals.. that meant that there was bound to be a certain meida interest when they had a child and the child is boudn to be photographed and become known to the media and the public. Bea and Eugenie "disappeared" a bit from public attention in childhood because of Fergie's divorce, but when they were grown up, although they were not working royals they were noticed as socialites. Now, they are probably going to slide into semi obscurity. It may happen to Archie too, since H and M have left the RF, depends how much they share pics of him on social media etc....

Everyone knows Bea and Eugenie. But people dont often know which is which. Archie would probably have been a bit like that. Eugenie in particular is quite popular but again people don't always know if she is Eugenie or Beatrice.

Or perhaps Louise would be a better comparison. Everyone knew Meghan and Harry however. Kids knew who Meghan was better than Kate. And Charlotte is well known by little girls. The boys less so.

Everyone knows Bea and Eugenie. But people dont often know which is which. Archie would probably have been a bit like that. Eugenie in particular is quite popular but again people don't always know if she is Eugenie or Beatrice.

Or perhaps Louise would be a better comparison. Everyone knew Meghan and Harry however. Kids knew who Meghan was better than Kate. And Charlotte is well known by little girls. The boys less so.

I admit that I don't always know which of the Yorks sisters is which..but I think anyone following the Sussexes/present day RF is going to know Archie.. he's their only one...and we get the pix on social media...
I don't think that people know James and Louise all that well but that's because their parents didn't really show them off all that much.

I would agree that other than hardcore royalists, most likely couldn't name most members of the family nor really care. Most know them in passing and know who they are kind of sort of because of their status. I mean listening to people wanting The Crown... many didn't even know Charles had 3 siblings.

I would agree that other than hardcore royalists, most likely couldn't name most members of the family nor really care. Most know them in passing and know who they are kind of sort of because of their status. I mean listening to people wanting The Crown... many didn't even know Charles had 3 siblings.

sorry I don't know what you mean by "wanting the Crown"? Do you mean the series? I have not seen it...

Time to move on....

Pfffft. The Tatler, eh? I say leave the Sussex family alone. All of this so called comparison between Kate and Meghan is irrelevant. Kate is a future queen. Meghan's the wife of the second son. :flowers:

Cheyenne? LOL. Anyways. Not surprised by her latest fanfiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom