General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any evidence that Harry and Meghan didn't pay any rent to the owner of the property in Canada or that they are not paying Perry some rent for the use of his LA home, or a wing of it.

Because I don't and neither does anyone else, including tabloid journalists who make all kinds of inferences without proof of anything.

The bottom line is that details have not been made known to the public so the reality is that we don't know the specifics to say what the couple can't and cannot afford.

For ex. we don't know if they are renting out Tyler Perry's entire mansion or not? Or perhaps just a wing of his mansion.
We don't know the total amount of staff the couple has and how much they are each being paid a year.
We don't know what Prince Charles is paying for and for long..

we know that Charles was giving them £2M a yaer when they lived in the UK and then, the taxpayer picked up their security and they had a rent free house. we know roughtly what Harry's fortune is.. and really a wing of the house??

we know that Charles was giving them £2M a yaer when they lived in the UK and then, the taxpayer picked up their security and they had a rent free house. we know roughtly what Harry's fortune is.. and really a wing of the house??
Your post perfectly illustrated my point. That's what we knew when the couple lived in the UK. However, as I said back in my previous post we don't know anything based on the couple's LA relocation.

(......)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your post perfectly illustrated my point. That's what we knew when the couple lived in the UK. However, as I said back in my previous post we don't know anything based on the couple's LA relocation.

Have you seen aerial photos of Tyler Perry's mansion? It is huge! According to an article from the Insider last week. It has 12 bedrooms and at least more than one kitchen. So yes it is entirely plausible that the Sussex are renting part of the house and the other part is left to Tyler for when he is in LA.

I think it is unlikely that they are renting part of the house or that tey want to share it wth Perry...They will have need of room for security men.. and Im sure they want their privacy.
We know what Harry's fortune is, and what his father was giving him when he lived In the UK where thier expenses were less. Charles is almost certainly still paying for private security, and if they are paying rent for anywhere in LA, they are not going to be able to manage without money from Charles....

Harry fell in love with Meghan, and she with him. I don't think it was a matter of 'latching on'. The Las Vegas and the clubbing were in his twenties. When was the last time Harry was seen in clubs? He has been at home with Meghan 100 times more than he was out at night even before Covid-19.

And everybody in the world, when they fall in love and marry, wishes for the security of one person having their back always, and a home and children. It's got nothing to do with what siblings have and haven't got, IMO.

Last edited:
Katherine McPhee stating that her husband and Harry are "like father and son" is of course her assessment but I definitely believe that they have had significant interactions due to David being the one who got the Sussexes in their Canadian residence. I imagine that there would have been quite a bit of communication to make that happen and therefore the formation of a solid relationship is quite believable. I would not be surprised if David Foster brokered the Sussexes moving into Tyler Perry's home.

Tyler Perry is based in Atlanta. I can believe that he has his his own space in the LA house and if he needs to be in LA he uses that space, although with corona virus, undoubtedly his traveling has been curtailed.

(.......)

Last edited:
(....)

Katherine McPhee stating that her husband and Harry are "like father and son" is of course her assessment but I definitely believe that they have had significant interactions due to David being the one who got the Sussexes in their Canadian residence. I imagine that there would have been quite a bit of communication to make that happen and therefore the formation of a solid relationship is quire believable. I would not be surprised if David Foster brokered the Sussexes moving into Tyler Perry's home.
This is an interesting theory, especially since Gayle King apparently said that it was not arranged by Oprah.
(Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gayle-king-meghan-markle-prince-harry_n_5ec7d8c1c5b6f9d853c965a7 and a few other sites)
David Foster is clearly capable of that. It's just a shame that Katharine had to go public and discuss the relationship between them...

(....)
This is an interesting theory, especially since Gayle King apparently said that it was not arranged by Oprah.
(Source: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gayle-king-meghan-markle-prince-harry_n_5ec7d8c1c5b6f9d853c965a7 and a few other sites)
David Foster is clearly capable of that. It's just a shame that Katharine had to go public and discuss the relationship between them...

THE Sussexes are not doing anything at present.. Not their fault, in one sense it is due to the lockdown. but Its difficult to discuss their present activities because there are none. THey did some kind of delivering food a week or 2 ago and that's about it.

A number of posts have been deleted or edited as being off topic. This is not the place to discuss schooling or relationships within the royal family, make comparisons between different royals, or bring up, again, the off topic discussion about the Sussex housing. There are threads for the first two topics, and the thread for the Sussex housing has been closed and should not be brought up here.

Any further off topic discussion will be removed.

I would have posted excerpt from the original article, but I’m having issues logging in.

Friends have also spoken about why the couple made the dramatic decision to stand down from the Royal Family and leave England and how Meghan felt cut off and isolated living in Windsor. “She was convinced there was a conspiracy against her and so she basically put herself in self isolation when they moved to Frogmore,” said one. “I think she felt like an outsider from the start. This wasn’t the life she was used to and she wanted out.”

I have no sympathy for Meghan. A conspiracy ? :rolleyes: She gave this life LESS than a year and a half, so no matter what is said about her being committed to a new life, I don’t buy it.

Another aspect of Meghan and Harry’s departure had to do with family tensions. According to the Times, the first wake-up call for the royal family came when the couple announced how happy they were feeling in an interview while on tour in South Africa. “It was then when the family reached out and said, ‘Okay, how can we help’,” an aide said to the newspaper. “William was the first to get on the phone.” But it was too little too late, added the source.

Too little, too late? I’ll bet the BRF didn’t know how badly H and M were struggling. It doesn’t seem like H confides in his father, and he certainly didn’t confide in his brother. How was anyone supposed to know? They aren’t mind readers. This makes both H and K look worse isn’t the family DID want to help.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/why-meghan-harry-fled-the-united-kingdom

I would have posted excerpt from the original article, but I’m having issues logging in.

I have no sympathy for Meghan. A conspiracy ? :rolleyes: She gave this life LESS than a year and a half, so no matter what is said about her being committed to a new life, I don’t buy it.

Too little, too late? I’ll bet the BRF didn’t know how badly H and M were struggling. It doesn’t seem like H confides in his father, and he certainly didn’t confide in his brother. How was anyone supposed to know? They aren’t mind readers. This makes both H and K look worse isn’t the family DID want to help.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/05/why-meghan-harry-fled-the-united-kingdom
Those claims by friends of the couple (according to VF) go even back further in time: they were looking for a house in LA from right after the wedding (apparently, they haven't been very successful in those two years)… as Meghan wanted to spend a significant amount of time in LA?! If so, that 'part-time royal' idea, was probably in the back of their minds from the start and should have been discussed prior to their wedding, so the queen could have made her mind up at that time instead of being confronted with these ideas one and a half year in after she had passed down patronages etc. However, if they had done that, they might not have had the platform they needed to start their new lives as royalty-like celebrities.

And now Harry apparently is lonely and directionless (as VF describes it - I do understand why Harry would be directionless as they haven't really an idea what the future will hold but why would Meghan have been directionless in the UK?); not knowing anyone and fully depending on Meghan and her circle.

And this article also states that they wanted financial freedom (which to me was clear from their first message on their website); but again; that is something she knew going in... So, if those are the conditions at the start, either don't commit to it or discuss it in advance.

So, either things were not thought out well by the couple -which is a major failure in any marriage but especially when going into a royal marriage, which also includes a commitment to become a working member of that family- with them giving up really soon; or they thought things out very well - which would mean they deceived both the BRF and the public.

Last edited:
Those claims by friends of the couple (according to VF) go even back further in time: they were looking for a house in LA from right after the wedding (apparently, they haven't been very successful in those two years)… as Meghan wanted to spend a significant amount of time in LA?! If so, that 'part-time royal' idea, was probably in the back of their minds from the start and should have been discussed prior to their wedding, so the queen could have made her mind up at that time instead of being confronted with these ideas one and a half year in after she had passed down patronages etc. However, if they had done that, they might not have had the platform they needed to start their new lives as royalty-like celebrities.

And now Harry apparently is lonely and directionless (as VF describes it - I do understand why Harry would be directionless as they haven't really an idea what the future will hold but why would Meghan have been directionless in the UK?); not knowing anyone and fully depending on Meghan and her circle.

And this article also states that they wanted financial freedom (which to me was clear from their first message on their website); but again; that is something she knew going in... So, if those are the conditions at the start, either don't commit to it or discuss it in advance.

So, either things were not thought out well by the couple -which is a major failure in any marriage but especially when going into a royal marriage, which also includes a commitment to become a working member of that family- with them giving up really soon; or they thought things out very well - which would mean they deceived both the BRF and the public.

I agree with this.

I find it hard to believe that Harry is directionless considering that he wanted to be "out". It sounds like to me that he and Meghan didn't really have a real plan as to what they wanted to do.

They wanted financial freedom ,but they don't have that - and they won't - until Charles stops supporting them.

IMO, neither M or H showed any real commitment to being a working member of the BRF.

IMO, neither M or H showed any real commitment to being a working member of the BRF.

Honestly I fail to see how you can even hold that position based on what they did do while they were working, even while she was pregnant. They had an excellent work ethic while full time. Everything they did at the start indicated their firm commitment as FT working Royals. Things started going off the rails months after they were married.

LaRae

Honestly I fail to see how you can even hold that position based on what they did do while they were working, even while she was pregnant. They had an excellent work ethic while full time. Everything they did at the start indicated their firm commitment as FT working Royals. Things started going off the rails months after they were married.

LaRae

If they were planning to get out, they weren't showing commitment to the job...

If they were planning to get out, they weren't showing commitment to the job...

They WEREN'T planning to get out until months after they married when things went very south.

LaRae

LaRae

I didn’t say they didn’t do any good work, but they dropped the January bomb 18 months after the wedding, so clearly they had plans in the works for months before that. I would say giving the Royal life a try for a year or so is not a huge commitment.

(......)

I didn’t say they didn’t do any good work, but they dropped the January bomb 18 months after the wedding, so clearly they had plans in the works for months before that. I would say giving the Royal life a try for a year or so is not a huge commitment.

(.......)

(.......) I have been critical of the Sussexes when it's been warranted.

If it hadn't been for the immense media issue I would agree they didn't give it long enough, however none of us know what it is like to live under the type of media negativity they lived with. If Harry's mother hadn't been hounded to the point of death he would of probably handled it all better. There are layers of factors.

They didn't just wake up one day and say hey why don't we just ditch the family and do our own thing. Exactly how long would of been sufficient for them to live under that pressure before you would of been okay with them leaving? I'd imagine if you tried to walk in their shoes you might be a little more understanding of their need to go.

LaRae

Everyone will have opinions one way or another, but the one I can't take seriously is when people say that Meghan needed to "stick it out longer." What for? If she was miserable -- why stay? No amount of time is good enough when you are unhappy. That way of thinking is incredibly unhealthy.

Who knows what the family knew but I would guess they had an idea of how unhappy they were. I won't say they didn't care but I would bet they thought, like so many, that taking some time and "sticking it out" would change their mind. Maybe they didn't take it as seriously until it was "too late." and they had already made their decision.

Leaks on all side will tell a tale to spin it their way. Truth tends to lay in the middle.

(......) I have been critical of the Sussexes when it's been warranted.

If it hadn't been for the immense media issue I would agree they didn't give it long enough, however none of us know what it is like to live under the type of media negativity they lived with. If Harry's mother hadn't been hounded to the point of death he would of probably handled it all better. There are layers of factors.

They didn't just wake up one day and say hey why don't we just ditch the family and do our own thing. Exactly how long would of been sufficient for them to live under that pressure before you would of been okay with them leaving? I'd imagine if you tried to walk in their shoes you might be a little more understanding of their need to go.

LaRae

(.......)

I used to defend Meghan vociferously because I DID feel the media (not all, but a lot) was just horrible. Some of the things they said about her were grossly unfair - and they picked on her about everything. I also personally liked her.

I've never had an issue with Harry and Meghan wanting to live their own life outside the Royal fishbowl. I've had an issue with how they went about it. I personally believe the reports that the Queen and Charles wanted to help them, were trying to come up with a workable plan........I believe the reports that Harry grew impatient and, therefore, just decided to blow up the whole thing by that January announcement. If he and Meghan had waited, I'm certain things would not have gotten this far out of hand. Then again, maybe it was never going to work, because it seems that they wanted more concessions from HM (and Charles) that they ultimately got.

ACO:

Who knows what the family knew but I would guess they had an idea of how unhappy they were. I won't say they didn't care but I would bet they thought, like so many, that taking some time and "sticking it out" would change their mind. Maybe they didn't take it as seriously until it was "too late." and they had already made their decision.
If you want to hold that opinion, that's fine, but you have no proof that anyone knew how desperately unhappy H and M were. I think it's unfair to ask anyone to be mind readers, and that includes the BRF. I also don't have proof that the BRF didn't know, but that kind of proof is unobtainable, so for me I'm sticking with the safe route and I'll just bold my above to emphasize my point.

Reactions: Fem
I didn’t say they didn’t do any good work, but they dropped the January bomb 18 months after the wedding, so clearly they had plans in the works for months before that. I would say giving the Royal life a try for a year or so is not a huge commitment.....

They did excellent work during those 18 months helping UK citizens, creating successful projects, engaging in a meaningful way with the Commonwealth tours. They took their roles seriously and did show a huge commitment.

However, behind the scenes they didn't feel they were getting the necessary support from the "firm"/family and not so behind the scenes they were getting bullied on a regular basis and met with double standards that no other royals came close to experience. Getting negative articles for closing one's own car door, eating avocado, touching their baby bump and those were the tip of the iceberg, was ridiculous. However, I personally think every thing changed for them when their child was born and instantly was compared to a chimp (and many were silent on the actions, including those they expected to support them) changed everything.

It is one thing for an adult to go experience/deal with that nonsense and hatred, raising one's child in that environment is another story. Harry himself had experienced it and hated it. Meghan knew herself worth and that of her son as a human being and BOTH (not just Meghan) said that tiaras/palaces don't make up for the toxicity and decided to leave.

As Meghan told someone at an engagement..."having Archie changed my life" having a child can give someone a whole new prospective on things.

Who said they were mind readers? From the “I tried the stiff upper lip” comment it would seem some kind of discussion was had but was told to suck it up. You are right we don’t know but for a family some claim to be “oh so very close” they didn’t see them unhappy at all? Not even enough to check in a little bit? If not then that really does say a lot about their relationships and how it got as bad as it did.

To be fair all the leaks come from the Sussexea and it is becoming clearer and clearer that that has always been the case. I wish they would stop. Its increasingly a desperate ploy to keep them relevant. We dont need to know about tour chat with the Queen.

Of course the 'truth,' is not going to be their side or the other side but a middle ground. But that is generous. Many events and occurrences and relationships have an actor and a reactor. Now who was playing what role at what time would tell us more. But certainly from Africa onwards the actors were Meghan and Harry.

And no, acknowledging it was tough, Meghan didnt give it a good shot. She made no allowances to get used to a different culture and working practices.

They did excellent work during those 18 months helping UK citizens, creating successful projects, engaging in a meaningful way with the Commonwealth tours. They took their roles seriously and did show a huge commitment.

However, behind the scenes they didn't feel they were getting the necessary support from the "firm"/family and not so behind the scenes they were getting bullied on a regular basis and met with double standards that no other royals came close to experience. Getting negative articles for closing one's own car door, eating avocado, touching their baby bump and those were the tip of the iceberg, was ridiculous. However, I personally think every thing changed for them when their child was born and instantly was compared to a chimp (and many were silent on the actions, including those they expected to support them) changed everything.

It is one thing for an adult to go experience/deal with that nonsense and hatred, raising one's child in that environment is another story. Harry himself had experienced it and hated it. Meghan knew herself worth and that of her son as a human being and BOTH (not just Meghan) said that tiaras/palaces don't make up for the toxicity and decided to leave.

As Meghan told someone at an engagement..."having Archie changed my life" having a child can give someone a whole new prospective on things.

The fact that they felt they weren’t getting sufficient support is sad, whether it’s true or not, but again....did they expect the BRF to know how unhappy they were? If you mean that H and M hoped the BRF would respond to the terrible media, then I think those were unrealistic expectations. The only time recently I can think of anyone responding was when the Clarence House responded to unfortunate rumors about Charles and Harry (or was it William? I forget). Usually they are mum. No one defended Charles or Camilla during those years. I’ve read in these boards that Kate used to be vilified - no defense. If anyone has had terrible press, it’s C and C, but they managed to get out the other side. The problem is that H and M read the articles, they read people’s comments about them on IG or comments sections of articles. They care way too much what people think of them, and that’s on them.

Harry and Meghan did what was right for them, and that’s fine...just as Charles, Camilla, William and Kate have stuck it out. If H and M didn’t want to deal with everything, ok....but I don’t like how they’ve handled many things regarding their exit.

Who said they were mind readers? From the “I tried the stiff upper lip” comment it would seem some kind of discussion was had but was told to suck it up. You are right we don’t know but for a family some claim to be “oh so very close” they didn’t see them unhappy at all? Not even enough to check in a little bit? If not then that really does say a lot about their relationships and how it got as bad as it did.

Who’s to say no one checked in? You’d think Charles and Harry would speak, I’m sure Harry spoke with his grandmother....that doesn’t mean H confided in them. I honestly don’t know what his relationship with his father is; I keep reading different things. He’s been on the outs with William. You can only help people if they let you...I really only know that the BRF love Harry and dearly want him to be happy.

I was part of a work dispute where a former co worker was complaining about how she perceived she was been treated. How she was undermined, not respected and in general how her needs were not been heard and met. I sat mystified as I saw how the management and her co-workers had bend over backwards for her - but that isn't how she saw it.
Meghan's and Harry's perceptions on how they are treated is what is the problem - compound that with their suspicious boarding on paranoia to the palace, press and everything that played into that. I don't think the Queen appearing on the Morning Show to take a swipe at Piece Morgan would have convinced Harry and Meghan that they had their backs.

I was part of a work dispute where a former co worker was complaining about how she perceived she was been treated. How she was undermined, not respected and in general how her needs were not been heard and met. I sat mystified as I saw how the management and her co-workers had bend over backwards for her - but that isn't how she saw it.
Meghan's and Harry's perceptions on how they are treated is what is the problem - compound that with their suspicious boarding on paranoia to the palace, press and everything that played into that. I don't think the Queen appearing on the Morning Show to take a swipe at Piece Morgan would have convinced Harry and Meghan that they had their backs.

I have been part of many work disputes in which there was disparity in how employees were treated so what does that story or the one you wrote about have to do with Meghan/Harry?

How did the BRF bend over backwards for them? Allowing them to get married? (Just like every other married couple in the family). Allow them to live in the smallest of all the royal homes? Not speak up on their behalf; even though statements were made on behalf of other 'employees'/family members for more trivial topics?

Well that is it. Perspective. Expectations in this instance versus reality.

I have been part of many work disputes in which there was disparity in how employees were treated so what does that story or the one you wrote about have to do with Meghan/Harry?

How did the BRF bend over backwards for them? Allowing them to get married? (Just like every other married couple in the family). Allow them to live in the smallest of all the royal homes? Not speak up on their behalf; even though statements were made on behalf of other 'employees'/family members for more trivial topics?

I am showing that sometimes what people perceive to the the case is not always that case - and that everyone has a different level of emotional support that they prefer.

Charles and William are to be monarchs one day. Harry was never going to be. So the tolerance level of “sticking it out” are very very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom