General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad that David Foster is a "father-figure" to Harry. Tyler Perry's generosity will not last forever

David Foster is an extremely successful songwriter and producer. He has been nominated for nearly 50 Grammys and won 16 of them. The list of artists he has worked with is a veritable who's-who of the music industry over the last 50 years.

As such, he probably has a very good understanding of how to survive -- and thrive -- in the Hollywood/LA strategem of society. This may be the type of "father figure" he has been to Harry of late, helping him navigate a world that is foreign to him -- and Prince Charles. No slight to Charles whatsoever, just seeking and appreciating help from those who have the experience and knowledge he lacks.

Which is what is making someone like me very uneasy, as Muriel said beautifully.

You make a valid point, @Osipi. However, to me, Harry has made some serious errors of judgement in recent years, ones I would not expect him, with his background and upbringing, to make. With that context, one may think a lot of the obviously unbelievable things may also be true.

All of the above Muriel, all of it.

David Foster is a legend music producer, he is also a major a$$ and control freak. He doesn’t seem to stick with a wife once she grows a bit of confidence and dare say her mind.
Katherine is his 5th wife btw.. so he goes through them, and they seem to get younger and younger.. I don’t know maybe she’s the one- my never disappointing gut feelings tells me this won’t last (this seem like many other similar couples (she’s looking to up her status, he wants a trophy wife), it is also been said she wants kids, he doesn’t.

Btw, while she is not an A-list she can safely reside in the B-list, so a couple of level higher than Meghan ever reached before marrying Harry. And Kat has acting and singing abilities.

Someone said the couples were using one another- well hollywood always seems to chase royals trying to friend up with them, personally I would not want to be in debt to someone like David Foster. Nope!.
If I were Harry i’d be very weary and cautious of someone like Foster taking an interest in me and wanting to mentor me, if I was not say a singer or actor.

And if I were the royal family i’d be very worried about my wayward son and his fame chasing wife befriending someone like Foster, or recieving what appears to be “free” housing and help and so on..
What happens when these people come knocking asking Sussexes to repay the favor... and usually that request from a minor royals involves being introduced to a senior royal (like the queen or Prince Charles)

To me it feels like all these odd sudden Hollywood friendship are heavily influenced by Meghan unachieved desire to be part of the Hollywood A-list crowd.
How long will this last once all these Hollywood guys realize these two are not their in with the more senior members of the family?

Which is what is making someone like me very uneasy, as Muriel said beautifully.

All of the above Muriel, all of it.

David Foster is a legend music producer, he is also a major a$$ and control freak. He doesn’t seem to stick with a wife once she grows a bit of confidence and dare say her mind.
Katherine is his 5th wife btw.. so he goes through them, and they seem to get younger and younger.. I don’t know maybe she’s the one- my never disappointing gut feelings tells me this won’t last (this seem like many other similar couples (she’s looking to up her status, he wants a trophy wife), it is also been said she wants kids, he doesn’t.

Btw, while she is not an A-list she can safely reside in the B-list, so a couple of level higher than Meghan ever reached before marrying Harry. And Kat has acting and singing abilities.

Someone said the couples were using one another- well hollywood always seems to chase royals trying to friend up with them, personally I would not want to be in debt to someone like David Foster. Nope!.
If I were Harry i’d be very weary and cautious of someone like Foster taking an interest in me and wanting to mentor me, if I was not say a singer or actor.

And if I were the royal family i’d be very worried about my wayward son and his fame chasing wife befriending someone like Foster, or recieving what appears to be “free” housing and help and so on..
What happens when these people come knocking asking Sussexes to repay the favor... and usually that request from a minor royals involves being introduced to a senior royal (like the queen or Prince Charles)

To me it feels like all these odd sudden Hollywood friendship are heavily influenced by Meghan unachieved desire to be part of the Hollywood A-list crowd.
How long will this last once all these Hollywood guys realize these two are not their in with the more senior members of the family?

1. Harry is not some "wayward son" he is a 35 year old grown man who is capable of making his own decisions.

2. Harry has not said what he feels about his relationship with David if there is one at all, all the information is a third person, who may be using the connection to promote herself, expressing her views on it.

3. Meghan nor her spokesperson have indicated what she wants or needs and Katherine didn't mention it in her interview either so claiming she is "fame chasing" or wanting "to be part of Hollywood A-list" seems extreme to me.

4. Royal family members have a history of befriending people that have a lot more in their closets than these people...thus they aren't exactly in a position tell anyone else who they should or shouldn't associate with. Not to mention they often partner with and befriend "Hollywood" types themselves.

Last edited:
One thing is to befriend Hollywood People when you are royal and living in the royal fold - another is to be living on their handouts and at a certain point there will be a bill to be paid.

Someday that will dawn even on Harry - he will feel utterly uncomfortable with that and we will see how that will play out then.

My response:

1. Harry is not some "wayward son" he is a 35 year old grown man who is capable of making his own decisions.

Agree to disagree, imo he has been making some foolish decision for awhile now.

2. Harry has not said what he feels about his relationship with David if there is one at all, all the information is a third person, who may be using the connection to promote herself, expressing her views on it.

A third person who is Foster wife, she ought to know how her husband and perhaps even Harry feels no? Obviously there are interactions

3. Meghan nor her spokesperson have indicated what she wants or needs and Katherine didn't mention it in her interview either so claiming she is "fame chasing" or wanting "to be part of Hollywood A-list" seems extreme to me.

You’re kidding? This is a woman who spend her entire adult life chasing fame and literally tagged and spoken about any A-list she ever met on her blog. This is woman who invited A list Hollywood to her wedding, to sit where family and friends would sit, a-listers she never even met before the eve of her wedding!
That is to called chasing fame

4. Royal family members have a history of befriending people that have a lot more in their closets than these people...thus they aren't exactly in a position tell anyone else who they should or shouldn't associate with. Not to mention they often partner with and befriend "Hollywood" types themselves.

Nice Nofret and KellyAtLast already answered this very nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
My response:

Agree to disagree, imo he has been making some foolish decision for awhile now.

A third person who is Foster wife, she ought to know how her husband and perhaps even Harry feels no? Obviously there are interactions

You’re kidding? This is a woman who spend her entire adult life chasing fame and literally tagged and spoken about any A-list she ever met on her blog. This is woman who invited A list Hollywood to her wedding, to sit where family and friends would sit, a-listers she never even met before the eve of her wedding!
That is to called chasing fame

1. Just because you don’t agree with a decision that Harry makes doesn’t necessarily make it foolish. None of us has the information that he has to make the decisions he does and like he said “If you knew what I knew…” I also don't consider removing his family from a toxic environment to be foolish in the least.

2. Harry and Meghan made it very clear that unless it comes from them directly or their spokespeople it isn’t necessarily a reflection of how they feel. Katherine doesn’t speak for either of them. As I mentioned before if the guys are so close why was Katherine using social media to ask Meghan to come to see her play couldn’t she just ask her husband to invite them? If they weren’t that close last year what are we to believe they are so close now that the Sussexes have been in LA….under quarantine?

3. She was an actress and had a lifestyle blog it was part of her job to promote the show and yes she would meet “A-list” people along the way and gasps become friends with some of them it's not uncommon at all. As for the blog it makes good business sense to interview people of interest known & unknown. That’s not fame chasing…that’s called doing your job well.

Which “A-list” people that were in the family/friends section weren’t close friends of either Meghan or Harry? There were also plenty of “A-list” people who were in the ‘general seats” and many were there because of Harry not Meghan.

My response:

Indeed. I believe the comment about Harry and this David Foster - and it bothers me, still. Harry has shown he can be thoughtless - so it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he chose this man, who probably tells him what he wants to hear, to be his father figure instead of his own father, who doesn’t always.

I’m tired of H and M’s friends opening up with new revelations - sadly [...]

Indeed. I believe the comment about Harry and this David Foster - and it bothers me, still. Harry has shown he can be thoughtless - so it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he chose this man, who probably tells him what he wants to hear, to be his father figure instead of his own father, who doesn’t always.

I’m tired of H and M’s friends opening up with new revelations - sadly [...]

The problem here is that Charles is not a all-forgiving father--if Harry does not respect him enough, he will shut off the purse strings and tell Harry to get his "father figures" to support H&M's lifestyle. And as mentioned above, nothing in life is free-there will be a bill that needs to be paid at some point

The problem here is that Charles is not a all-forgiving father--if Harry does not respect him enough, he will shut off the purse strings and tell Harry to get his "father figures" to support H&M's lifestyle.

Where’s this personal account of Charles’ forgiveness and the respect his son has for him come from? I’m unaware of the interview with Charles this came from.

I don't see how they're going to earn vast amounts of money without trading on their royal connections. But I don't want them to fail so we'll see - I liked what they did during the virus delivering food.

The problem here is that Charles is not a all-forgiving father--if Harry does not respect him enough, he will shut off the purse strings and tell Harry to get his "father figures" to support H&M's lifestyle. And as mentioned above, nothing in life is free-there will be a bill that needs to be paid at some point

I feel like this is an anti-Charles post.... what makes you think Charles is going to take out his hurt on Harry just to stick it to his son? I hope he withdraws his support at some point and if/when he does he has every right to, but it won’t be so he can go “you don’t care enough about me? Good, I’ll show you”.

Life admin ... Social Security, Visas and Green Cards, taxes and health insurance, a Californian driver's license ... for the Duke's new American life, set out in the article below.

At least the local authorities have a private room set aside for those things Prince Harry needs to attend to in person, being in an area used to dealing with well-known people.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rry-wait-line-California-drivers-license.html

Last edited:
I feel like this is an anti-Charles post.... what makes you think Charles is going to take out his hurt on Harry just to stick it to his son? I hope he withdraws his support at some point and if/when he does he has every right to, but it won’t be so he can go “you don’t care enough about me? Good, I’ll show you”.

It is not an anti-Charles post. However, Charles has not shied away from throwing William and Harry under the bus to get good press for himself and Camilla. It is not inconceivable to imagine that Charles might get pissed at things like this and cut them off financially

If David Foster was such a father figure and if they are so close why are the couple staying at Tyler Perry (any reports if they are paying rent) and not one of David's residences.

Harry may view David as a mentor or an advisor much like the same way he views Mark Dwyer. Nothing wrong with that imo, we all know Charles was never and is never always available to be the father figure his sons needed.

It is not an anti-Charles post. However, Charles has not shied away from throwing William and Harry under the bus to get good press for himself and Camilla. It is not inconceivable to imagine that Charles might get pissed at things like this and cut them off financially

He's not going to cut them off completely. He may give a terminus for them to start supporting themselves, and he may impose conditions but he wont cut them off completely. Im sure he is annoyed at the way they have behaved but he still loves Harry and he may well feel that if he doesn't help out financially they may end up taking help from too many outside people....

If David Foster was such a father figure and if they are so close why are the couple staying at Tyler Perry (any reports if they are paying rent) and not one of David's residences.

Harry may view David as a mentor or an advisor much like the same way he views Mark Dwyer. Nothing wrong with that imo, we all know Charles was never and is never always available to be the father figure his sons needed.

really? I think he tried very hard to be there for them.. and is probably very hurt at Harry's behaviour. And Harry is a big boy now, why does he need a lot of mentors? esp when he seems to be being helped out by them financially...

I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I don’t believe that at all.

No, we don’t all know that, so don’t speak for anyone other than yourself.

His PR man Mark Bolland is reputed to have been pretty ruthless in tyring to get good publicity for Charles....

Didn't P.Harry once say that the royal family was to Meghan the family she never had? And now a friend mentions another man as *his* father figure..

I hope H&M find what they are looking for, and focus on their own little family with Archie, that does seem like the best thing to do..
(maybe they are starting to undrrstand why the RF doesn't respond to anything 'sources' tell the media)

Betsy, as someone who shares your generally positive view of Charles, this has been well established. Mark Bolland went public with a number of examples after he left working for Charles. I don't want to take the thread off topic, but feel free to PM me if you want to discuss.

Didn't P.Harry once say that the royal family was to Meghan the family she never had? And now a friend mentions another man as *his* father figure..

I hope H&M find what they are looking for, and focus on their own little family with Archie, that does seem like the best thing to do..
(maybe they are starting to undrrstand why the RF doesn't respond to anything 'sources' tell the media)

They haven't responded to much, one random person who knew Meghan as a teen is claiming her husband and Harry are close. There is no evidence of that, neither Harry, Meghan nor their spokesperson has said anything, but it is been taken as gospel in some sections.

really? I think he tried very hard to be there for them.. and is probably very hurt at Harry's behaviour. And Harry is a big boy now, why does he need a lot of mentors? esp when he seems to be being helped out by them financially...

Harry and Meghan aren't strapped for cash.
From all reports, the couple has a joint net worth of around $25 million. This will undoubtedly run low in the next few years especially if they don't produce a steady source of income.
So far there are no solid reports of Harry receiving financial assistance from his mentors.
Mark Dyer on his own has millions, but alot less than Harry & Meghan. Even the reports are being circulated that the couple are staying at Tyler Perry's mansion but nothing concrete from a solid source has been established. We don't know the details. They could very well be paying rent.

Concerning Prince Charles and his sons,
Royal biographer Penny Junor said it best:

"“It is a slightly tricky relationship, because Charles has always been quite a remote figure, he has always been consumed by work," she told the*Daily Beast."That’s not a product of a lack of love. It’s a product of the fact he is so focused on his work, and the need to make a difference in the world that, like many people who are seeking to make a difference in the world, he has sometimes overlooked friends and loved ones beside him.”"

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/a20743285/prince-charles-as-a-father/

Last edited:
Harry and Meghan aren't strapped for cash.
From all reports, the couple has a joint net worth of around $25 million. This will undoubtedly run low in the next few years especially if they don't produce a steady source of income.
So far there are no solid reports of Harry receiving financial assistance from his mentors.
Mark Dyer on his own has millions, but alot less than Harry & Meghan. Even the reports are being circulated that the couple are staying at Tyler Perry's mansion but nothing concrete from a solid source has been established. We don't know the details. They could very well be paying rent.

Concerning Prince Charles and his sons,
Royal biographer Penny Junor said it best:

"“It is a slightly tricky relationship, because Charles has always been quite a remote figure, he has always been consumed by work," she told the*Daily Beast."That’s not a product of a lack of love. It’s a product of the fact he is so focused on his work, and the need to make a difference in the world that, like many people who are seeking to make a difference in the world, he has sometimes overlooked friends and loved ones beside him.”"

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/parenting/a20743285/prince-charles-as-a-father/
If they are paying rent, for this house and paying for their own security etc, I ca't see how they can manage to pay staff and other bills. Of course they are getting money from Charles....

The bottom line is that details have not been made known to the public so the reality is that we don't know the specifics to say what the couple can't and cannot afford.

For ex. we don't know if they are renting out Tyler Perry's entire mansion or not? Or perhaps just a wing of his mansion.
We don't know the total amount of staff the couple has and how much they are each being paid a year.
We don't know what Prince Charles is paying for and for long..

(....)

I’ve seen that quote (referenced above) from Penny Junor before, and I’m aware that William and Harry would have loved to have seen their father more than they did as boys. That’s a real issue when you’re the monarch or the heir - and Charles himself experienced that when he was a boy as his mum was absent quite a bit. Still, when he as present, I’m sure he showered the boys with love.

Ultimately, if Harry chooses to be closer to someone else than his own father, that’s his choice, as sad as it makes me. I just hate having that made public.

Harry has never made any public comment at all about his relationship, if any, with David Foster. All we know about it is from David's wife Katherine McPhee in an interview in which she touted that her husband and Harry were close and it was 'like' a father-son relationship.

Foster himself hasn't come out and characterised it as that at all. All he's ever said is that he was glad to have helped facilitate Meghan and Harry's stay at the mansion in Canada.

I certainly don't believe everything that people in the entertainment industry say in these sort of interviews, especially at second hand, and I'm surprised that other people should take this observation of Katherine's as gospel.

We don't know what Harry or Charles have been saying to each other on Skype or over the phone about this interview leaped on by the tabloids, or even if Charles has taken any notice of it at all. The two of them may well have had a good laugh together over it.

I don't know who Katherine McPhee even is - my understanding is she's the fourth or fifth wife of Harry's supposed "foster father" and a reality show star. I doubt she's had that much connection with Meghan or Harry. I'd take what she says with a large grain of salt. I'm more worried about Tyler Perry or anyone else subsidizing them - I think they should be paying him and whoever loaned them the house in Canada. It won't turn out well if they're getting gifts from rich types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom