The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
It would have been more strange if they hadn't posted something, after all she's still a member of the family.

I wonder if it's the same person updating all the accounts today. They wished Meghan a Happy Birthday all at the same time and then all went on to post about the British Red Cross 150th Anniversary straight afterwards.
i'm unsure, they must all have their own comms teams, although they are probably in close contact to release their statements at similar times before the press starts saying 'X wished her a happy birthday but Y didn't'.

but yes, i agree - they have to extend their wishes or otherwise the damage would be even worse.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Nobility

They most likely use a scheduling tool. They could all agree, let's make this post live st 9am.

Old 08-04-2020, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think it would have been all that weird to not post but I never thought they wouldn't. They might not be working royals but they still family. It is like when people were surprised they did it for Archie. Why? No doubt they will for Harry's birthday next month.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:59 PM
Royal Highness

In honor of Meghan's birthday a hotel has named a suite after her

https://www-the--sun-com.cdn.ampproj...gton-palace%2F

Considered that pockets of the British press has branded Meghan as evil incarnate you would think the hotel wouldn't do this because it would be bad for business. But here is the link from the Milestone Hotel

https://www.milestonehotel.com/rooms...s/meghan-suite
Old 08-05-2020, 10:14 PM
Courtier

I actually read one headline that said Meghan's birthday was celebrated "around the world" - like she was the queen instead of an ex member of the royal family and wife of seventh in line to the throne. I don't think the hyperbole helps them.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:34 PM
Majesty

Harry is sixth in line to the throne (and the only other son of the POW.) Archie is seventh in line. And they are not ex members of the royal family at all.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
In honor of Meghan's birthday a hotel has named a suite after her

https://www-the--sun-com.cdn.ampproj...gton-palace%2F

Considered that pockets of the British press has branded Meghan as evil incarnate you would think the hotel wouldn't do this because it would be bad for business. But here is the link from the Milestone Hotel

https://www.milestonehotel.com/rooms...s/meghan-suite
Forbes already knew this in december 2018
https://www.forbes.com/sites/bridget.../#2ddc6f9c1681

this is also explains the text on the hotel's website
"named in tribute of Meghan Markle, now the Duchess of Sussex"
(i'm referring to the 'now')
Old 08-06-2020, 01:41 AM
Gentry

From the DM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...sible-one.html

Quote:
Prince Harry 'resents the perception that Prince William is the sensible one while he's the loose cannon' and has often been the one advising his older brother, royal commentator claims

• Royal commentator and journalist Duncan Larcombe remembered meeting Harry, now 35, for a drink in 2008
  • The British writer told Ok! magazine that he spotted the first signs of 'unresolved anger' Harry was harbouring, over his lack of control over his own destiny
  • According to the expert, Harry has 'never been able to shake his discomfort at not being 'normal'
  • Duncan said he was unhappy at how his public image has been portrayed compared to that of his brother, 38
If this is true, I find it funny how Harry hates that perception. It wasn't William who wore a Nazi uniform, it wasn't him who punched a paparazzi, it wasn't him who used racial slurs to a fellow soldier and it wasn't him who got naked in Las Vegas. If Harry didn't do those things, perhaps the people wouldn't thought of him as a loose cannon. And Harry definitely has control over his own destiny, he could leave the royal family back in 2008 if he so chooses, no one is stopping him. Also, it seems alright for him to give William an advice but if William gave him one, he gets angry.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:25 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
If Charles and William and his family had a deadly accident happen to them, Meghan would be the wife of the Prince of Wales and the next queen. So much for "ex"-Royal.
I think the point is saying her birthday is celebrated around the globe. The Queens isn't. It is hyperbolic.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Several off topic posts have been deleted. Let's stick to General News about the Sussex Family.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
From the DM.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...sible-one.html

If this is true, I find it funny how Harry hates that perception. It wasn't William who wore a Nazi uniform, it wasn't him who punched a paparazzi, it wasn't him who used racial slurs to a fellow soldier and it wasn't him who got naked in Las Vegas. If Harry didn't do those things, perhaps the people wouldn't thought of him as a loose cannon. And Harry definitely has control over his own destiny, he could leave the royal family back in 2008 if he so chooses, no one is stopping him. Also, it seems alright for him to give William an advice but if William gave him one, he gets angry.
Thank you, I was just about to say this. As I said in the book thread, Harry has anger issues, and he needs to deal with them. He’s an angry, bitter, resentful person - or, at least, he has a lot of all of those emotions stored up inside of him - and it come out in his behavior. He resents how he thinks Meghan is treated, so he rages when she doesn’t get what she (or he) wants. He’s bitter that his brother is going to be King (even though he’s made it clear before that he’s glad he himself won’t be) and is jealous of his status. He’s angry that William dared to try and be brotherly by looking out for his best interests when he cautioned H not to rush with M (and hence created the current rift). I could go on and on...
Old 08-06-2020, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I actually read one headline that said Meghan's birthday was celebrated "around the world" - like she was the queen instead of an ex member of the royal family and wife of seventh in line to the throne. I don't think the hyperbole helps them.
That’s ridiculous. They all said Happy Birthday, that’s it, lol.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Thank you, I was just about to say this. As I said in the book thread, Harry has anger issues, and he needs to deal with them. He’s an angry, bitter, resentful person - or, at least, he has a lot of all of those emotions stored up inside of him - and it come out in his behavior... He’s bitter that his brother is going to be King (even though he’s made it clear before that he’s glad he himself won’t be) and is jealous of his status.
Younger siblings (of the heir) often say they are pleased they won't be the monarch (Princess Margaret did, and I believe Charles' brothers once did, and Harry did).

I never believed any of them.
They all want the top spot, no matter what they say.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Thank you, I was just about to say this. As I said in the book thread, Harry has anger issues, and he needs to deal with them. He’s an angry, bitter, resentful person - or, at least, he has a lot of all of those emotions stored up inside of him - and it come out in his behavior. He resents how he thinks Meghan is treated, so he rages when she doesn’t get what she (or he) wants. He’s bitter that his brother is going to be King (even though he’s made it clear before that he’s glad he himself won’t be) and is jealous of his status. He’s angry that William dared to try and be brotherly by looking out for his best interests when he cautioned H not to rush with M (and hence created the current rift). I could go on and on...
Funnily enough, I seem to remember when Harry was little, i read stories that sometimes William would be shy with the press and it was clear that he was a shy private little kid and didn't like the idea of being King some day.. and Harry who was much more extrovert, would say "If you don't want to be king, I'll do it.."
Old 08-06-2020, 08:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Younger siblings (of the heir) often say they are pleased they won't be the monarch (Princess Margaret did, and I believe Charles' brothers once did, and Harry did).

Some do. Some don't. Some have a complicated view where they wont be the top dog.for the world but resent the control the top dog position has over their life.

Margaret presented losing her sister and father in one go and then being dictated too.

Edward and Anne don't care.

Andrew is all about his position

Harry seems a mix of Margaret and Andrew.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I don't think that's true.. Some might feel that they would like it, and may feel they'd do a better job than the actual heir.. but others I think are perfectly genuine in not wanting the top job.. I think George VI didn't like the idea at all, and was relieved ot be second son.. then he had to take it on...
If you can find a niche as younger son, patronages that you enjoy and some press attention but not too much, I think there's a lot to be said for it.. You can do the job, avoid being pestered by the press in your private life, and while not as rich as the King you are still well off...
I think Edward Wessex and Sophie have settled into younger son mode, over the years, they do their work, they keep their private life private and dont get much notice by the press.
I think that even though Andrwe may have some resentment at being second, he too was OK for soem years with his role, he didn't get much press attention and he was able to lead his louche private life in private, till he got enmired in scandal...
Old 08-06-2020, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan participating in another summit next week. She will be interviewing the CEO of The 19th.

https://www.glamour.com/story/meghan...-emily-ramshaw
Old 08-06-2020, 11:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Funnily enough, I seem to remember when Harry was little, i read stories that sometimes William would be shy with the press and it was clear that he was a shy private little kid and didn't like the idea of being King some day.. and Harry who was much more extrovert, would say "If you don't want to be king, I'll do it.."
William was rambunctious for awhile there, lol. Wasn’t he called “naughty Wills” or something like that in the press?

When you’re a kid, I understand not wanting all the pressures and responsibilities of a King. I’m guessing when Harry said that, he had no idea what being asking entailed. Most kids - even non-Royals - think it would be great to be King, lol
Old 08-06-2020, 01:37 PM
Courtier

George is often referred to in the papers as "the royal scamp", even though he seems to be very well-behaved! I think people expect little kids, certainly boys, to be a bit naughty, and it's even seen as being quite strange if they're not. Grandparents seem to delight in telling stories about "You'll never believe what my grandson's done now" . But kids grow up.

Is "The 19th" a well-known organisation in America? I just had to Google it, because I'd never heard of it! No offence to it: it's just not a familiar name in the UK.
Old 08-06-2020, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post

Is "The 19th" a well-known organisation in America? I just had to Google it, because I'd never heard of it! No offence to it: it's just not a familiar name in the UK.
I'm American, and I never heard of it either.

Closed Thread