The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2020, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Of course tehy will return for short periods. Family celebrations, weddings, funerals. but IMO they wotn be too happy about it, and will keep the visits short.. and its likely that the rest of the RF will be relieved to keep the visits short. From What I've seen, they barely "dealt with it" all that well in March, and I'm sure unless they end up not able to make a living (possible) they wont be happy to make a more permanent return...
I really think the best thing now is for everyone to go their separate ways.
I also think it would be best not to cast aspersions on one another, but that's just me.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I really think the best thing now is for everyone to go their separate ways.
I also think it would be best not to cast aspersions on one another, but that's just me.
I wouldn't collaborate, directly or indirectly, with a book then. But that is just me.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:44 PM
Commoner

Writing a book is opposite of moving on. It'll give the press a lot to talk about for months. They'll be just celebs not humanitarians.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Knowing how close William and Harry were as children I think this whole situation is really sad. I hope it won't come to them going their separate ways and that they can work out a civilised solution.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-26-2020, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Knowing how close William and Harry were as children I think this whole situation is really sad. I hope it won't come to them going their separate ways and that they can work out a civilised solution.
Sorry but I think they have ALREADY gone their separate ways, and the revelations (?) of the new book will be the last nail in their relationship coffin..... Very very sad.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:03 AM
Nobility

come back?

[QUOTE=Denville;2329699]They probably will not want them back as working royals because this book and their general behaviour have probably soured the British public on them. On a personal level Im sure that if H comes back with or without Meghan they will be welcomed but relations may still be rather strained...

There have been rumours about marital problems and possible divorces for pretty much every royal couple... I hope that Harry and Meghan can work things out, but if it comes to the point that maybe Harry wants to go back to the UK, I am not sure if Meg would be Ok with it. I think she has never settled into the UK and was keen to get out.
Having said that, if they can't get their working life started because of Covid, they may have to come back...

As if there aren't legitimate reasons she never' settled in the UK' and would be 'keen to get out'. Those things/situations don't happen in a vacuum.

Yes rumors about martial issues for all couples in the family...but for some reason no one pays much attention to the others. If you are going to credit rumors by tabloids are valid for one couple then they must be valid for all of them.

LaRae

Do you have a source when they said, they'd come back if they do not get their business started? or is it your opinion only? thanks.
This suprised me really, I do not think Harry could cope with comin back as for him it would feel like having lost...

By the way I 've just heard about this book. if the two do not distance themselves from it it will nail the cut finally. though we do not how the relations are in the RF.
and if H&M collaborated with the authors of the book or even feeded them with details, it is rather odd how much the authors emphasize they never talked to them, how on earth is their mental health? they have their freedom, is the book only to make money or another symbol for the two's immaturity & problems?
All this feels like a rotten teeth, will it ever stop? they produce more and more publitity, they'd really be hypocrites, poor Archie with those two and only one relative around (M's Mum), his future problems are already sure.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
How close they were? this is a image people like to believe, they are siblings no more no less. anyone who has siblings knows things are not golden always.
this is not different because of royalty.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:19 AM
Administrator

A reminder that discussion concerning the book, Finding Freedom, may take place in the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2330023 thread.

Discussion on the relationship between members of the British Royal family may take place in the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ily-15549.html thread.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:39 PM
Aristocracy

I don't get why they can't just ignore the media? I was such a huge fan of Meghan before and after she married Prince Harry. But it just looks like she didn't want to live in the UK and go back to living in California.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
...if i were Harry and trying to make something of my life apart from my family business, i probably would be looking to do it *really* on my own, and not with money that direct or indirect came from my family..
i'd value my independence over the luxury i'm used to
(with one exception if they need a body guard or something for safety, but the longer they are apart from the family business, the need for that could diminish over time too..)
Do you really think that Harry is going to prize "Independence" over being taken care of in the comfortable lifestyle that hes always known? He is happy to take a freebie house from someone he doesn't even know... He is living in an expensive city, when he could have found somewhere cheaper..
Old 07-28-2020, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchess_Watcher View Post
I don't get why they can't just ignore the media? I was such a huge fan of Meghan before and after she married Prince Harry. But it just looks like she didn't want to live in the UK and go back to living in California.
Have you seen how the British media behaves?!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-28-2020, 10:20 PM
Majesty

There was an enormous amount of criticism directed at the couple in the tabloids from the moment Harry and Meghan were known to be dating (disclosure by Camilla Tominay in October 2016) to when they finally left Britain in March 2020. Meghan began living fulltime in London at Nott Cott in November 2017, just before their engagement. The criticism kept on coming and hasn't stopped today.

[...]
Old 07-29-2020, 07:36 AM
Courtier

.. the racism discussion leads away from my main point: why treat the book and the gossip-press as gospel? It is still nothing more then gossip.. no hard facts at all.

Just because the book repeats stories which where circulated prior in the gossippress, doesn't makes it any more true.

And even if some stories have a base in reality - it is still open to interpretation!
Old 07-29-2020, 07:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. the racism discussion leads away from my main point: why treat the book and the gossip-press as gospel? It is still nothing more then gossip.. no hard facts at all.

Just because the book repeats stories which where circulated prior in the gossippress, doesn't makes it any more true.

And even if some stories have a base in reality - it is still open to interpretation!
Most information about Royals comes from the "gossip press" unless they get a serious biographer.. but that doesn't usually come along till the royals are very senior and mature. And a lot of the stuff in this book seems to be stuff that coudl only come from "sources close to H and Meg" like how she felt about him when they went on a date etc.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:47 AM
Courtier

.. well you can make allways stuff up... - that's what they do in the gossip press mostly anyway.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
.. well you can make allways stuff up... - that's what they do in the gossip press mostly anyway.
not necessarily. Of course there is exaggeration and at times stories that are made up.. but I'd say that's more likely in American tabloids.. of course there are "fluff" stories which are probably invented on a slow day..
but while British ones may not be 100 % accurate quite a bit of the time there is some truth in them,. Many of the stories for example about Charles and Diana in their married life which were at first jeered at by the serious papers.....turned out to be basically true, often because they were sourced from staff who leaked them...but staff could not admit to this...
and friends of Royals usually would not consent to be named...
If you're goign to say that stories in the lighter press are all gossip and made up and not likely to be true, then any discussion of royal news is going to be very limited...
Old 07-29-2020, 07:53 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Posts relating to the wedding tiara, as described in the book 'Finding Freedom", have been moved to the Finding Freedom thread.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Q.Elizabeth II and P.Philip congratulate the DoSussex on her birthday, also congratulations from William&Catherine and Charles&Camilla
https://www.nu.nl/achterklap/6068524...erjaardag.html

Google translated:
The British Royal Family congratulated on behalf of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip Meghan Markle. Their grandson's wife will celebrate her 39th birthday on Tuesday.

"We wish the Duchess of Sussex a very happy birthday," the royal tweeted on behalf of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip. The message includes a photo of the Queen and Markle, taken during a visit to Chester in 2018.

Prince William and his wife Kate have also congratulated their sister-in-law. In addition, Markle received congratulations from her father-in-law Prince Charles and his wife Camilla.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:56 AM
Majesty

Excellent news! Of course, if they hadn't offered any greetings the British media would have gone berserk.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:38 AM
Courtier

It would have been more strange if they hadn't posted something, after all she's still a member of the family.

I wonder if it's the same person updating all the accounts today. They wished Meghan a Happy Birthday all at the same time and then all went on to post about the British Red Cross 150th Anniversary straight afterwards.

Closed Thread