The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2020, 08:35 PM
Majesty

I think they will have another child and believe that Meghan will become pregnant later this year, so about two years and a bit age difference between Archie and the new baby.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I doubt Charles will ever cut Harry off. He is his son after all. Besides, Charles knows Harry is no position to be financially independent right now and has a family and an expensive wife to maintain. He might impose some limits though.
I'm not so sure.
Charles has always been cautious about public opinion, and he has to know there's a LOT of negative press about Harry and Meghan right now.

So- I think Charles WILL cut them off soon (but I do think he'd be prepared to welcome Harry back into the fold, if he and Meghan should go their separate ways someplace along the way.

I doubt he'd be willing to welcome both back; he does keep track of Public Opinion.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:42 AM
Royal Highness

If Harry dumps Meghan and Archie to go crawling back to the BRF he and the Windsors would face some blowback. Unless it's adultery Harry has no cause. And don't think Meghan won't fight for custody of Archie.
Old 07-26-2020, 01:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
If Harry dumps Meghan and Archie to go crawling back to the BRF he and the Windsors would face some blowback. Unless it's adultery Harry has no cause. And don't think Meghan won't fight for custody of Archie.
Aren't you putting the horse in front of the choo-choo train a little early here? What ever gives you the idea that Harry would even contemplate dumping Meghan? Or Elizabeth dumping Philip or any of them?
Old 07-26-2020, 03:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I think they will have another child and believe that Meghan will become pregnant later this year, so about two years and a bit age difference between Archie and the new baby.
It wouldn't surprise me either, it would also give H&M (and everyone else) something positive to focus on..
(life is too short for all this negativity that surrounds them at the moment (not all of it by their doing), look at P.Joachim of Denmark who was hospitalised yesterday)
Old 07-26-2020, 03:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
So there is no need to care for Harry with "public" money. IMHO, of course.
...if i were Harry and trying to make something of my life apart from my family business, i probably would be looking to do it *really* on my own, and not with money that direct or indirect came from my family..
i'd value my independence over the luxury i'm used to
(with one exception if they need a body guard or something for safety, but the longer they are apart from the family business, the need for that could diminish over time too..)
Old 07-26-2020, 04:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I'm not so sure.
Charles has always been cautious about public opinion, and he has to know there's a LOT of negative press about Harry and Meghan right now.

So- I think Charles WILL cut them off soon (but I do think he'd be prepared to welcome Harry back into the fold, if he and Meghan should go their separate ways someplace along the way.

I doubt he'd be willing to welxome both back; he does keep track of Public Opinion.

I think the RF not welcoming them back would be a safer option.

At least we have a precedence about that thanks to Edward VIII.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyDrx View Post
I think the RF not welcoming them back would be a safer option.

At least we have a precedence about that thanks to Edward VIII.
They probably will not want them back as working royals because this book and their general behaviour have probably soured the British public on them. On a personal level Im sure that if H comes back with or without Meghan they will be welcomed but relations may still be rather strained...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Aren't you putting the horse in front of the choo-choo train a little early here? What ever gives you the idea that Harry would even contemplate dumping Meghan? Or Elizabeth dumping Philip or any of them?
There have been rumours about marital problems and possible divorces for pretty much every royal couple... I hope that Harry and Meghan can work things out, but if it comes to the point that maybe Harry wants to go back to the UK, I am not sure if Meg would be Ok with it. I think she has never settled into the UK and was keen to get out.
Having said that, if they can't get their working life started because of Covid, they may have to come back...

As if there aren't legitimate reasons she never' settled in the UK' and would be 'keen to get out'. Those things/situations don't happen in a vacuum.

Yes rumors about martial issues for all couples in the family...but for some reason no one pays much attention to the others. If you are going to credit rumors by tabloids are valid for one couple then they must be valid for all of them.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
As if there aren't legitimate reasons she never' settled in the UK' and would be 'keen to get out'. Those things/situations don't happen in a vacuum.

Yes rumors about martial issues for all couples in the family...but for some reason no one pays much attention to the others. If you are going to credit rumors by tabloids are valid for one couple then they must be valid for all of them.

LaRae
If that's the case, that she didn't' settle for good reasons and wanted out, well she's got out. Its up to her and Harry to make what they can of their new life.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

There has already been polling. In the not too distant past, Harry, William and The Queen were neck and neck to be the most popular royal among the various polls and Harry consistently topped the yougov poll. In the most recent polling, Harry is no longer at the top of the the yougov poll and I doubt if he will ever reclaim that position but he is still above numerous other royals.

Prior to March 2020, there were numerous actions by the Sussexes that were not well received by the royal watcher community, the biggies being the South Africa interview, releasing the website about their intent to step back and then making public statement about their displeasure about the outcome of their step back proposal.

And yet when the Sussexes returned their final round of engagements they were warmly received in terms of crowds, positive feelings and even media coverage.

My conclusion is if both Sussexes want to return to royal duties they will be able to and when they carry out those duties they will get a positive reception by the public and media.

However, Meghan will not return to royal work beyond her select few patronages and being Harry's plus one at a select few events. I have previously stated that I think that Harry may return, and if he and Meghan are still married, that they will have an arrangement similar to male married ins. I have not totally abandoned that thought but I am starting to question Harry even returning because the things that caused him to leave will still be in place.

All that to say is that it will be the Sussexes choosing not to return, not the Sussexes not being allowed to return.

P.S.
I do think that Harry and Meghan leaving The BRF was disruptive and if one or both return it will be disruptive. Therefore I don't think that The Queen, Charles, or William should make any great effort to bring them back into the fold. The BRF survived Edward VIII's abdication, the War of the Wales and Diana's death, I have no reason to believe that they will not also survive Sussexit.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Well said Queen Claude. I agree with a lot of it.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:03 AM
Commoner

Agree with Queen Claude. Can you imagine though the joint royal events like trooping after "finding freedom" and others? Literally hell.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

No more hell then when they returned in March after everything went down. They are adults. They can act like it for something like HMQ’s birthday if they so choose to attend. We shall see how it all plays out.

Besides the RF would know more than any of us the truth of the going’s on behind the scene. So it might be wise for all to get her on with it. Who knows what anything will look like a year from now.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post

That is all speculative and pointless since the couple is not divorcing and there are no indications they will divorce in the near future.

In any case, the fact that Archie is American and living in the US makes it very difficult for Harry or the RF to get full custody in the event of a hypothetical divorce.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:37 AM
Commoner

The headlines were "revenge dress" "they avoid each other" so it was hell.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
No more hell then when they returned in March after everything went down. They are adults. They can act like it for something like HMQ’s birthday if they so choose to attend. We shall see how it all plays out.

Besides the RF would know more than any of us the truth of the going’s on behind the scene. So it might be wise for all to get her on with it. Who knows what anything will look like a year from now.
There was certainly tension when they returned for the March events..
Old 07-26-2020, 09:46 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
But now H& M need to remain in the public sphere _ but not too down your throat. You need to be reminded of the narrative they are selling, but not get too annoyed by it or else people will start asking questions.
There is no doubt in my mind that this has been orchestrated. Especially Omid’s book which they are hoping will enforce in the world their purpose to save all of humanity. Which is hoped will kick off their public speaking tours and Meghan’s own series of books and Oprah’s tv show on Amazon. They don’t need to buy advertising the tabloids, Twitter, the rest of SM and even this forum are giving it for free. I mean they have done relatively nothing new in months and look at how long this thread is. All publicity is good publicity hen you can bend it to your narrative.
i tend to disagree. they need the publicity, but they need GOOD publicity to sustain their brand, not the kind of publicity they are getting now - which is mostly negative due to the many reasons we all know about.

without the good branding, any efforts at building a business or starting a charity or establishing themselves as credible are doomed to fail - unless their 'business' is around airing their dirty laundry. that is an option they will always have, albeit a rather unclassy one (and one that maybe they will take given how low down the greasy pole they are descending).
Old 07-26-2020, 09:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
There was certainly tension when they returned for the March events..
Of course. That’s why I said “no more”.
Old 07-26-2020, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Of course. That’s why I said “no more”.
Um why would anyone want to return to the UK and family if they were going to be feeling uneasy and there was tension and bad feelings between them and many of their family? Surely, most people unless they had some BIG reason for coming back (such as financial shortages) would prefer to not come back more than for weddings, funerals etc and keep the visits short....
They were expected to come back in March because they were still officially working as Royals up to the end of March.. and possibly the RF wanted to talk to them again.. but it did look as if there was a lot of tension which could not be hidden....
Old 07-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Um why would anyone want to return to the UK and family if they were going to be feeling uneasy and there was tension and bad feelings between them and many of their family? Surely, most people unless they had some BIG reason for coming back (such as financial shortages) would prefer to not come back more than for weddings, funerals etc and keep the visits short....
They were expected to come back in March because they were still officially working as Royals up to the end of March.. and possibly the RF wanted to talk to them again.. but it did look as if there was a lot of tension which could not be hidden....
I don’t think they will return to the UK anytime soon but I don’t know that for a fact. They could have business in town. They could be asked by the family to return for an occasion. Tragedy (god forbid) could force them home. Many things could happen. My point was that despite it all they will deal with it just like they did in March, though it wasn’t pleasant.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I don’t think they will return to the UK anytime soon but I don’t know that for a fact. They could have business in town. They could be asked by the family to return for an occasion. Tragedy (god forbid) could force them home. Many things could happen. My point was that despite it all they will deal with it just like they did in March, though it wasn’t pleasant.
Of course tehy will return for short periods. Family celebrations, weddings, funerals. but IMO they wotn be too happy about it, and will keep the visits short.. and its likely that the rest of the RF will be relieved to keep the visits short. From What I've seen, they barely "dealt with it" all that well in March, and I'm sure unless they end up not able to make a living (possible) they wont be happy to make a more permanent return...

Closed Thread