The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post

That said... what do people think of this nugget posted in the papers?

https://twitter.com/phildampier/stat...808037888?s=21

Personally I don’t see Harry returning part time whatsoever. Wasn’t that the whole point in them stepping away? It was either full in or not at all? Also interesting they just mention Harry though I think they well aware Meghan’s not returning.
Indeed, I don't think this will or should happen. For everyone's sake, not least their own, they need to concentrate on stabilising and proceeding with their current plans. Already they're four months behind in being able to do that.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Of course not but Meghan also not being accused of causing murder because she likes a fruit on top of everything else. So I guess she fairing a bit better? Also clearly relations within the family is not great. So that’s an added thing.

That said... what do people think of this nugget posted in the papers?

https://twitter.com/phildampier/stat...808037888?s=21

Personally I don’t see Harry returning part time whatsoever. Wasn’t that the whole point in them stepping away? It was either full in or not at all? Also interesting they just mention Harry though I think they well aware Meghan’s not returning.
I don’t see this happening. I don’t think that either of them have any intention of ever returning to royal duties. They seem to want to move forward with their future endeavors in Los Angeles. I don’t even see them spending meaningful time in the UK aside from visiting family or holidays. I think that they are establishing their future and permanent residence in the US (even though they’re still hawking the “part time” spiel).

Old 07-24-2020, 07:59 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Bunte are always being sued for printing photographs on private land. They may not know about it. Princess Caroline and practically have a direct debit set with them
If the Duke and Duchess took the time to check themselves out each week on the covers of Australia’s two main women’s magazines, the’d never get outside and in that pool.

You made me laugh with the Princess Caroline line poppy7, good to see you back.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Lion View Post
All these lawsuits make them come across as having a siege mentality.

They look like they have actually lost control of their lives, instead of gaining the greater control they sought by leaving the Royal setup.

Probably true . I mean look at it . They're trapped in a way in a house that's not their own , can't leave because of Covid , their earning potential is going down every day because events with speaking opportunities are postponed. And for unknown reasons they moved to Celebrity Central of all places . Adding to that , when they left in January they were already feeling like everyone was out there to get them. My mental health definitely took a hit in the last few months and I'm living in my own home .
Old 07-24-2020, 10:35 PM
Courtier

I think rumors of their misery are greatly exaggerated. I read where Harry was spotted surfing happy as a clam.
Old 07-24-2020, 11:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
Probably true . I mean look at it . They're trapped in a way in a house that's not their own , can't leave because of Covid , their earning potential is going down every day because events with speaking opportunities are postponed. And for unknown reasons they moved to Celebrity Central of all places . Adding to that , when they left in January they were already feeling like everyone was out there to get them. My mental health definitely took a hit in the last few months and I'm living in my own home .

Hope you're travelling better these days akina21.

I found making a commitment to getting outside everyday - though I have missed a couple of days - really made a big difference to me.

Lots of strangers around me doing the same and everyone here is polite, greeting one another and stepping aside to social distance. Sort of isolated, but not alone.

And movement, fresh air, and if possible, sunshine always help.

At least as you say, when you are in your own home, it's your own home, your nest.

If the couple had held back a few weeks on their departure things would have been so different.

The Covid blow-up would have given everyone breathing space and a lot could have been adjusted behind the scenes.

The vision of their US life and the current reality must be poles apart.

I would love to see photos of the Duke giving it a go in the Malibu surf QueenMathilde.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:05 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Hope you're travelling better these days akina21.

I found making a commitment to getting outside everyday - though I have missed a couple of days - really made a big difference to me.

Lots of strangers around me doing the same and everyone here is polite, greeting one another and stepping aside to social distance. Sort of isolated, but not alone.

And movement, fresh air, and if possible, sunshine always help.

At least as you say, when you are in your own home, it's your own home, your nest.

If the couple had held back a few weeks on their departure things would have been so different.

The Covid blow-up would have given everyone breathing space and a lot could have been adjusted behind the scenes.

The vision of their US life and the current reality must be poles apart.

I would love to see photos of the Duke giving it a go in the Malibu surf QueenMathilde.
I doubt he would. Harry may be learning to surf but he does not really know how. Surfing in the UK is predominantly done in a Devon and Cornwall. Never once heard of him being down there. Add to that, the paps would publish pictures of him in the UK. There is no restrictions on doing so.

There will be no market for them to do whatever they want to do. The world has changed, and we want different role models. Trying times always lead to the adaption of people dedicated to duty, responsibility and very much not given to self indulgence. Except in food. It's a curious thing. Waifs are popular in the good times and more curveousness in times of hardship. Nobody is going to be interested in any kind of luxury talks etc for now or in any eco tourism (because people will be staying closer to home), or anything they have to sell really.

Also all the things to keep their names out there won't happen. Invictus won't happen next year. No opportunity to appear with the family will occur for athe least a year. No way people will hear of then apart form the legal case. They can't diversify, not like the family did. They are pretty stuck.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:27 AM
Serene Highness

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ial-roles.html

Nothing much has changed. It was the same with Diana and Sarah.
Only difference is Sarah did not know how to deal with it; whereas Meghan is a much stronger character.

No idea how both sister-in-law's feel about other.

I believe Diana and Princess Anne barely spoke to each other.

I think its all for the best they have all gone their separate ways.
Do I think Meghan was Royal family material; absolutely not. [.........] Meghan was never going to knuckle down and get on with it. [.........]
Old 07-25-2020, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

A reminder that comparisons between the Cambridges and the Sussexes are OT for this thread.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I think rumors of their misery are greatly exaggerated. I read where Harry was spotted surfing happy as a clam.

I'm glad that he has at least taken up surfing. It will greatly improve his mental health.

Quote:
I doubt he would. Harry may be learning to surf but he does not really know how. Surfing in the UK is predominantly done in a Devon and Cornwall. Never once heard of him being down there. Add to that, the paps would publish pictures of him in the UK. There is no restrictions on doing so.

It is not really that difficult depending on the surf spot. Most people who are physically fit should be able to surf on a longboard in a place like Malibu where waves are long and mushy as they say.

I agree it would be an entirely different matter if he wanted to surf in the North Shore of Hawaii, or Indonesia, or even some places in Australia or South Africa, which is not easy even for people who have surfed easier waves for many years (not to mention that it can be really dangerous for someone who is not ready to do it).
Old 07-25-2020, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I didn't see any pictures of it but enough witnesses saw him to make me think it was true. And if you believe the new book it was his idea to leave the royal family. Though I think she chose the place.
Old 07-25-2020, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
just for reference in Cornwall few years ago
https://people.com/royals/prince-wil...g-in-cornwall/
don't know if they often did it, but if you google "Prince Harry surfing" there are more photos, possibly all from this same time with P.William (didn't watch all pics in detal because they're frum the Sun, Daily Mail etc and i don't feel like clicking those links )
Old 07-25-2020, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I read that and found it all deeply unpalatable.

As if she didnt sanction those friends. And she doesn't get it. The wedding is supposed to bring in money. That is why you got a beautiful home, expensive clothes.

Sounds like a petty child. As for the other three working...that is hardly the same. They do not receive 2 mill a year for their work or have been gifted a home. The support the family yes and have a wealthy life because of it but they dont work for the royals.

As for being nominally funded that is just pathetic. Charles has essentially been let keep the Duchy of Cornwall which is run in the public interest really to often give people a change to create a farming life etc.

The royals essentially own nothing themselves. Balmoral and Sandringham. The rest is the states.

Poppy - what you openly see is normally not the bit that creates money. I really doubt if HM was happy if Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and the other Royal Palaces were actually in her possession (meaning she had to pay for their upkeep). Especially as the former riches that came from being a king are now part of the Crown Estate (who pays for the palaces). As the person who "holds the Crown", Elisabeth can use all of the Crown's assets but she doesn't possess them.

But beyond that, both HM and PoW have enough private assets who produce money for them. Their family had nearly 1000 years to get them! Every person who died intestate for centuries left their money to the king or queen! Yes, the former kings and the four queens (Elizabeth, Mary, Anne, Victoria) gave away a lot and a lot went to the State but their private belongings were and will always be "grand".

So there is no need to care for Harry with "public" money. IMHO, of course.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I didn't see any pictures of it but enough witnesses saw him to make me think it was true. And if you believe the new book it was his idea to leave the royal family. Though I think she chose the place.
He also said that during one of his last speeches in the UK. Or perhaps his last speech, can’t remember. He also said there were things other didn’t know and if they/we did, we’d think differently. But a lot of people prefer to believe the Meghan’s-a-nasty-witch and Harry’s-got-no-balls narrative. Those two tend to go together.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I

Also all the things to keep their names out there won't happen. Invictus won't happen next year. No opportunity to appear with the family will occur for athe least a year. No way people will hear of then apart form the legal case. They can't diversify, not like the family did. They are pretty stuck.
Well they can do legal cases to keep their names in the public eye.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:39 PM
Commoner

I believe they crossed the line several times and got in a loop. Harry might be well and surfing but the corona ruined their plans, LA meet ups and galas and it'll take some time to get back to normal and things won't be lavish anytime soon. Meghan isn't getting younger and over time the attention they receive would vanish. What's strange to me is that they're living in someone's house that otherwise wouldn't afford. They didn't give back the money for the UK residence, their lifestyle is funded by family they hate.
I believe "finding freedom" is a vanity project and taking revenge on those "mean people" you're financially dependent on. Boo, someone didn't want to go shopping together, boo, they were jealous. It shines through they/Meghan wanted attention and was thirsty.
I blame this on Meghan, she really did make sure his family might be very disappointed by this portrayal. Also, her supporters make it sound like she wasn't a diva with baby showers, royal engagement dress, vanity fair cover. Instead she was/is an amazing humanitarian. She did something but some of it was for the positive pr and it's not like she'd be a monarchy saviour. Harry comes across once again as stupid and weak-willed, he could have stopped it.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirienn View Post
I believe they crossed the line several times and got in a loop. Harry might be well and surfing but the corona ruined their plans, LA meet ups and galas and it'll take some time to get back to normal and things won't be lavish anytime soon. Meghan isn't getting younger and over time the attention they receive would vanish. What's strange to me is that they're living in someone's house that otherwise wouldn't afford. They didn't give back the money for the UK residence, their lifestyle is funded by family they hate.
I believe "finding freedom" is a vanity project and taking revenge on those "mean people" you're financially dependent on. Boo, someone didn't want to go shopping together, boo, they were jealous. It shines through they/Meghan wanted attention and was thirsty.
I it.
I dont think there's anything strange about it. They clearly are willing to take money or financial help from people, regardless of whether they know them or like them..and I think that they're stupid enough at times to bite the hand that feeds them.. but they are being a bit cautious about Charles for the momennt..

Quote:
Who has said it? There were reports a week or 2 ago that he was seen out riding a bike.. but no pictures. As for "who wanted to leave" I think that H half wanted to leave for a while.. but he knew enough to know that he would not survive outside the RF. However when M came along, she had the know how...and she was apparently upset enough by UK and royal life to want to go, so he was willing to go with her...

Quote:
Right? They may or may not have more children. That’s their choice but their child is only one.
Yes I was responding to a poster who said that she thought M was going to have another baby. I meant that as Archie is barely a year old she probably wotn have one just yet.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I dont think there's anything strange about it. They clearly are willing to take money or financial help from people, regardless of whether they know them or like them..and I think that they're stupid enough at times to bite the hand that feeds them.. but they are being a bit cautious about Charles for the momennt..

I doubt Charles will ever cut Harry off. He is his son after all. Besides, Charles knows Harry is no position to be financially independent right now and has a family and an expensive wife to maintain. He might impose some limits though.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I doubt Charles will ever cut Harry off. He is his son after all. Besides, Charles knows Harry is no position to be financially independent right now and has a family and an expensive wife to maintain. He might impose some limits though.
No I don't think he will. He loves his son and I'm sure he wishes he would come back.. and he wont leave him stranded..
.but Meg and H might well feel a bit wary since they need his financial input.. so (it seems) they are showing more negativity to Willa and K than to Charles.
However M and H seem so volatile that I wouldn't put it past them, in a certain mood to hit out at Chas as well...
Old 07-25-2020, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

I was thinking in terms of a sibling for Archie when I mentioned another child, playmate and so forth. Archie is 14 months and by the time they possibly had another child they would be at least two years apart.

Closed Thread